• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
I downgraded Mozilla from 21 to version 20 as there was a lot of people on their troubleshooting site that also had issues with coupons. Once I did this I was able to print from Coupons.com AND Target. I got 1 Target coupon printed and it then printed the bottom outline of the coupon and pushed the paper out. This is what it has been doing all along. Target thinks I am printing these coupons as they tell me all my coupons have printed. Other than the bottom line that would outline the coupon, I got nothing. The paper just pushes itself out of the printer.
I have been reading on couponing sites many people are having problems with the Catalina Printer. I've uninstalled and reinstalled with no success. I only print my coupons in B&W, and this seems to be an issue with some folks trying to print Target coupons. A lot of people have had to use a color cartridge to get their Target coupons to print. Apparently Catalina updated their software and knows their is an issue but they have not fixed the issue, or addressed those as myself who have emailed them asking for help.
Just for the record I am a total computer novice, learning quickly (lol) how to trouble shoot!

cheycam said:    (1) I downgraded Mozilla from 21 to version 20 as there was a lot of people on their troubleshooting site that also had issues with coupons. (2) Once I did this I was able to print from Coupons.com AND Target. (3) I got 1 Target coupon printed and it then printed the bottom outline of the coupon and pushed the paper out. ...
(4) I have been reading on couponing sites many people are having problems with the Catalina Printer. (5) I've uninstalled and reinstalled with no success. (6) I only print my coupons in B&W, and this seems to be an issue with some folks trying to print Target coupons. (7) A lot of people have had to use a color cartridge to get their Target coupons to print. (8) Apparently Catalina updated their software and knows their is an issue but they have not fixed the issue, or addressed those as myself who have emailed them asking for help.

1. I use FF 11, 16, 18, 20 & 21 with no problems on multiple computers. And since it doesn't work on FF20 - are you going to put 21 back.
2. Coupons.com & Target use different print activators. If neither would print, I would say neither is the problem.
3. And coupons.com no longer worked either, or ?
4. And some problems have been resolved. As of now, I have no active problem w/ the CSP.
5. See #2
6. I only print in B&W on all my printers, especially the mono-laser printer. I Only use color when I want to clean the heads.
7. Only if your printer requires all 4+ to be installed - there is no requirement to print in color.
8. Yes. That is the day this post started. For the new CSP. All other updates since then are on their end.

8 part 2 ... how many emails do you think microsoft has gotten ... and "it" still doesn't work correctly (pick one)

Why are they having difficulties fixing the CSP. Probably the reason that I have in finding a computer that is unable to print. I have installed the CSP on over 278 computers, and still have not been able to find ONE that I can't get to print from Target.

???z

(A) Your IE FF & chrome all print Qz fine from redplum, smartsource, coupons.com ??
(B) Does couponnetwork.com Qz print ??
(C) Were you ever able to print TQz and if so, when did it stop.

I tested both my laptop and desktop and I cannot print EITHER coupon network or Target whether I am in FF, IE or Chrome. I can print Red Plum, Smart Source and from Coupons.com. This problem just started within the last month, previous to that I was able to print coupons from everyone.
I'm totally clueless as to what I can possibly do to make this work and to why it suddenly stopped working.

cheycam said:   I tested both my laptop and desktop and I cannot print EITHER coupon network or Target etc etc ...

Interesting. So a few more questions.

There was no error message after installing the CSP on either the LT or DT?

On both computers ...
Same OS?
Same printer?
Same anti-virus/security program?
Both the LT & DT fail in EXACTLY the same way?

Does the LT fail at another network location?

Do you have a friend that can print coupons from their computer?

If so, can you install the printer driver for their printer on the LT and try to print using that printer?

I am glad I found this forum, if nothing else to assure myself that my problem downloading this program is not necessarily something I'm doing wrong on this end. I can download the program, and I see the file folder in my list of Programs. However, when I then select the coupons I want, then ask the site to Print, I get the same message again that I must be new to the site and haven't downloaded the printing file before, or that I'm using an older version (which I JUST downloaded!) So I go and uninstall the file as it instructs, then download again. No luck. I've been working on this off and on all day, and frankly I'm just so tired of it. It shouldn't be this hard.

My computer is using Internet Explorer, Windows 7, I've turned off my Windows Firewall at one point to see if that helped (No) and then turned my Firewall back on. I look forward to a fix for this if it ever comes. But right now, I've had enough and am calling it a day.

tcsgirl said:   I am glad I found this forum, if nothing else to assure myself that my problem downloading this program is not necessarily something I'm doing wrong on this end. I can download the program, and I see the file folder in my list of Programs. However, when I then select the coupons I want, then ask the site to Print, I get the same message again that I must be new to the site and haven't downloaded the printing file before, or that I'm using an older version (which I JUST downloaded!) So I go and uninstall the file as it instructs, then download again. No luck. I've been working on this off and on all day, and frankly I'm just so tired of it. It shouldn't be this hard.

My computer is using Internet Explorer, Windows 7, I've turned off my Windows Firewall at one point to see if that helped (No) and then turned my Firewall back on. I look forward to a fix for this if it ever comes. But right now, I've had enough and am calling it a day.

check your other plugins

At home I'm using HP injet at work HP laser for both cp and laptop. I did finally get a response from their customer support, but they didn't have any idea of what is going on. I tried today 6/5/123 to print on both at work again and still no go on printing. IE just stop's working all together and closes the page. Firfox show's I need to install the printer to print, but still want print once I've uninstalled and reinstalled and I'm running W-7 for both cp at work, but at home it's XP which I can print from CP site

I can print all of the other coupons sites with no problem from work and home just this CP is the only site can't print from anymore since they broke their update

Regards,
Gena Nixon

glnixon said:   At home I'm using HP injet at work HP laser for both cp and laptop. ...etc etc

I tried today 6/5/123 to print on both at work again and still no go on printing.

IE just stop's working all together and closes the page.

Firfox show's I need to install the printer to print, but still want print etc etc ...

I'm running W-7 for both cp at work, but at home it's XP which I can print from CP site (but you say below you can't)

I can print all of the other coupons sites with no problem from work and home just this CP is the only site can't print from anymore since they broke their update

Regards, Gena Nixon

What does cp / CP mean in each of the highlighted ... I do not understand

DT - desktop / LT - laptop / T - target.com / CN - couponnetwork.com / CC - coupons.com / RP - redplum / SS - smartsource / CSP - CatalinaSavingsPrinter /

and if you want DTW - desktop @ work & DTH - desktop @ home ... ditto for LT - LTH & LTW

CSP is used for both CN & T ... so you can't print at all other coupon sites with no problem

?? ... At home you have 1 DTH computer ?? running XP ?? that can ?? or cannot ?? print from T / CN ??

?? ... At work you have 1 LTW & 1 DTW ?? both running W7 ?? that cannot ?? print from T / CN ??

?? ... ALL computers (H&W) print from CC / RP / SS with no problem ??

I can install perfectly fine but it does not let me print QZ, T gives me a Could not load CSP error on Chrome V27. Also CN gives different error saying that CSP crashed also tried firefox most up to date and CSP timed out on both sites. I'm using a DT with WIN-7 and i print from coupons.com just fine but i know they use different plugins any suggestions on how i can get CSP to work?

kazelement said:   I can install perfectly fine but it does not let me print QZ, T gives me a Could not load CSP error on Chrome V27. Also CN gives different error saying that CSP crashed also tried firefox most up to date and CSP timed out on both sites. I'm using a DT with WIN-7 and i print from coupons.com just fine but i know they use different plugins any suggestions on how i can get CSP to work?

I wrote the install info for XP. I need to check and see if it's the same on W7 & W8 for ff, chrome & ie. I will be back.

Thanks for the quick response.

Home computer is running XP and uses HP inkjet printer

Laptop is running W7 and uses HP Laser printer ( work printer)

Desk computer(work) is running W7 and uses HP laser printer (work printer)

I can print all coupons from all other sites on all 3 computers

I can't print any coupons from Coupon network site on my laptop and my work computer,and any other sites that uses the Catlaina printer to print the coupons like Target no go on printer either.

When I try and print from coupon network site on IE from my desktop at work IE encounters a problem and stopped working and then closes out of the program

I've sent to email to Coupons help site via email, and they stated they are working on the problem, but really not answer as to why I can't print using W7 since they've updated their printer.

With FireFox it goes to print then comes up saying looks like this is your first time print you'll need to install our coupon printer first. So, I go and install the program go back to print again stills comes up with stating need to install printer before I can print my coupons.

Regard,
Gena

I have been having all sorts of problems with catalina for Target, since they switched. I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. Including today 6-19-13. I am getting no warning from kaspersky as to a problem, It says it is downloaded but never gives me the chance to click the license agreement box, just never prints and then will say I have reached limit. I have java and all the updates, what gives, does Target not want us to get their coupons, it looks like this has been going on for months. I have windows 7.

Oddly enough my ancient PC running on XP OS the target Q's print fine, but on my new laptop running on windows 8 OS I cannot get anything to print. the catalina savings printer says it downloaded and when I click on it to run it says it is preparing the install shield wizard and then quits. No option to agree to user license. Very frustrating.I uninstalled java and reinstalled and verified latest version running. I'm at a loss.

Oddly enough my ancient PC running on XP OS the target Q's print fine, but on my new laptop running on windows 8 OS I cannot get anything to print. the catalina savings printer says it downloaded and when I click on it to run it says it is preparing the install shield wizard and then quits. No option to agree to user license. Very frustrating.I uninstalled java and reinstalled and verified latest version running. I'm at a loss.

I still cannot print all these months later,so today I went to Catalina's Facebook page. They seem to respond to people on there. Hopefully they will help me out!

At work I can print from all coupon sites, but coupon network I'm still unable to print those from work on desktop and laptop

Home using XP I can print from all coupon sites including coupon network site. I'm not sure since they updated their coupon printer what they did. But still unable to print from that site using laptop and desktop running W7.

Gena

They seem to have made some sort of change to their plugin, because I am now able to print to a held printer and it goes thru rather than reporting an error. I verified it on both sites. Hooray!

Well I received a link from CP support help to uninstall the printer and use the new link did that but still will not print on my laptop or work desk using W7 sent them an email stating their link didn't work. Still have the same problems,and also did a screen shot and haven't heard anymore back from them. that has been about 2 months now.

Away for awhile ...

Besides the lack of support, (because they either probably don't know - or it will compromise their software) and whatever's going to happen on Dec 11, 2013 (with CN ... unknown if that is going to effect Qz on T.com)
changes have been made to the software ... mostly only back at their end.

but, as billrubin has found out ... you don't have to have a printer attached to print (at least on windows) (you do need to print to a legitimate hardware printer and have that driver installed ... not a virtual printer / pdf / etc)

Unfortunately, I do not have one computer that I have not been able to install the CSP on (of hundreds). There is one computer at one branch of my public library that has a computer that will not "successfully" install the coupon printer on. You can install it ... finish the install ... but when trying to print a coupon - it just goes back and says that you need to install the CSP (over and over). And since the city IT are the only ones allowed to "admin" the computers (along with not being able to get on that specific one) ... I have not been able to duplicate the problem. AND - on CNz site / blog / faqs - no info is given as to how to correct that problem - even though it has been asked by ?????'s of people - except to contact them.

An IE update messed w/ my FF on one computer and I was unable to print on CC (not CN) ... deleted FF ... reinstalled IE ... then reinstalled FF ... which corrected the problem.

On CC (coupons.com - not couponnetwork/catalina) they've changed a few things concerning their printer driver such as - Printing coupons from a mobile device is currently available only for iPhones and iPads to wireless HP inkjet printers. iPhone and iPad are only compatible with HP wireless inkjet printers. Laserjets are not compatible.
And improved on - coupons can be printed in black and white; most color printers will have a gray scale or black printing option. You will need to set this option through your printer software.

I will post where you need to look to see that the prog has added the necessary info in FF/Chrome/IE

glnixon said:   Well I received a link from CP support help to uninstall the printer and use the new link did that but still will not print on my laptop or work desk using W7 sent them an email stating their link didn't work. Still have the same problems,and also did a screen shot and haven't heard anymore back from them. that has been about 2 months now.

" uninstall the printer " - their printer (as in the CSP) or your actual printer (HP/Brother, etc)

" and use the new link " - what link is that ?

cheycam said:   I still cannot print all these months later,so today I went to Catalina's Facebook page. They seem to respond to people on there. Hopefully they will help me out!
   and ??

dnoth said:   
imanemokid said:   > > > IMPORTANT UPDATE < < < 04/18/13
Hello, Thank you for contacting the Coupon Network Support Team.
We are pleased to announce that we made a few changes that should resolve your issue with our Catalina Savings Printer overriding your print settings!

I've uninstalled/reinstalled the Catalina Ink-Drainer today, on 2 separate PCs, and it still overrides my default printing preferences; namely, I've set the printer to Fast mode, and it is most assuredly not using that.

and that, supposedly, cannot be overidden, because using fastmode prints out a crappy barcode.

bowtiepride said:   Oddly enough my ancient PC running on XP OS the Target Q's print fine, but on my new laptop running on windows 8 OS I cannot get anything to print. the catalina savings printer says it downloaded and when I click on it to run it says it is preparing the install shield wizard and then quits. No option to agree to user license. Very frustrating.I uninstalled java and reinstalled and verified latest version running. I'm at a loss.
Java isn't needed w/ the CSP.

with everthing else closed ... can you show a screenshot of when the CSP quits ?

glnixon said:   (1) At work I can print from all coupon sites, but coupon network I'm still unable to print those from work on desktop and laptop

(2) Home using XP I can print from all coupon sites including coupon network site. I'm not sure since they updated their coupon printer what they did. (3) But still unable to print from that site using laptop and desktop running W7.   Gena

(1) so ... you can print from Target and not couponnetwork ??
that's your work desktop and work laptop ?
(3) that's your home desktop and home laptop ? or is the Home XP some other computer ?

maybe your IT dept has you blocked at work ? or won't let you install the CSP ?
(at the public library - their blacklist software blocked save.com for awhile - but not redplum - which is basically the same)

imanemokid;18108075 said:  "Besides the lack of support, (because they either probably don't know - or it will compromise their software) and whatever's going to happen on Dec 11, 2013"

Eeem, something's going to happen with T on Dec 11?

---
I must say that their technical people gave me no meaningful help when their mobile coupon texts suddenly stopped going to my phone (as I detailed on another FW thread), even though I pursued the issue most diligently.

NantucketSunrise said:   imanemokid;18108075 said:  "Besides the lack of support, (because they either probably don't know - or it will compromise their software) and whatever's going to happen on Dec 11, 2013"
---
Eeem, something's going to happen with T on Dec 11?
---
I must say that their technical people gave me no meaningful help when their mobile coupon texts suddenly stopped going to my phone (as I detailed on another FW thread), even though I pursued the issue most diligently.

Actually, I'll go back and clarify that statement - which was actually because Catalina is supposedly shutting down the Couponnetwork.com site. Catalina is still actively ??? with corporate clients or ??? Maybe just CN is closing and Catalina is still going to do business as usual for T.com Qz and their CSP - but I can't get a definitive answer from T or Catalina.

And @ T or Catalina, I have been unable to find/speak to the "technical" person (singular) at either location.

Oh, okay. Thanks for esplainin'.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014