QUICK LINKS
MY ACCOUNT
Cash Pending:
Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

UPDATE CouponNetwork Has CatalinaSavingsPrinter for PC Today (Target, too)

First page
1 of 11
imanemokid
3/2/13 3:16 AM
CouponNetwork Has CatalinaSavingsPrinter for PC Today (Target, too)

CouponNetwork.com & Target.com now have the CatalinaSavingsPrinter.exe for PCs.

A few days ago they had CatalinaSavingsPrinter.dmg for the mac.

It will probably ask to install it today if you are going to print any Qz from your PC.

NO MORE JAVA TO WORRY ABOUT. ... but I spoke too soon ... this software is BUGGY, too.

http://www.couponnetwork.com/

http://coupons.target.com/

BUT THERE ARE BUGS (features?) IN IT ... AT LEAST 3 SO FAR

AND THE FILE SIZE HAS CHANGED FROM AN AVERAGE 3mb FOR 3 Qz TO 15mb

AND EVEN MORE BS

3,660,440 file size - downloaded original exe on march 2 from target.com

4,271,944 file size - downloaded exe today on march 10 from couponnetwork.com

3,837,792 file size - downloaded exe today on march 10 from target.com

ALL HAVE SAME VERSION 1.0.0.0 AND SAME BUILD NUMBER 110150

LAME. Inc.

UPDATE

Now, I've verified there IS at least 4 BUGz in the Catalina Savings Printer and have not yet gotten an answer back.

I will post in the thread any answers I get.

03/11/13 - Also, spoke w/ a few peepz @ Catalina in St Pete / they have my list (along w/ 2 more I have to send today) and they know there are some "difficulties" with their first version and they will call & email me and I will post as soon as I get the info.

> > > IMPORTANT UPDATE < < < 04/18/13

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Coupon Network Support Team.

We are pleased to announce that we made a few changes that should resolve your issue with our Catalina Savings Printer overriding your print settings!

We are currently working on the other issues you have described, but in the meantime please uninstall your previous Catalina Savings Printer by following the steps below, then re-install before trying to print again.

Go to Start
Click All Programs
Open the Catalina Marketing Corp folder
Uninstall the Catalina Savings Printer

Please let us know if this resolves your issue. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you,

Coupon Network Support
WikiPost
3/2/13 3:16 AM
CouponNetwork Has CatalinaSavingsPrinter for PC Today (Target, too)
VirginiaDC
3/3/13 7:20 AM
What does this mean exactly?
yoregano
3/4/13 11:58 AM
VirginiaDC said:   

What does this mean exactly?

Are you aware of the security issues with java? Apple, for one, disabled java in a recent OS update, meaning that Mac users could not print coupons from sites where the coupon printer app required java. This new update no longer requires java, meaning that users can now print these coupons again. And, the security risk can now be avoided.
billrubin
3/5/13 12:00 AM
Do they still print in paper-wasting middle of the page mode if you just print one coupon?
yoregano
3/5/13 8:37 AM
billrubin said:   

Do they still print in paper-wasting middle of the page mode if you just print one coupon?

My coupons have always printed at the top of the page. Since three coupons will fit on a page, printing in groups of three is most efficient.
billrubin
3/5/13 1:37 PM
yoregano said:   

billrubin said:   

My coupons have always printed at the top of the page. Since three coupons will fit on a page, printing in groups of three is most efficient.

Yes, if you print 3. But if you only print 1, CouponNetwork prints it in the middle of the page. In theory if you have a sheet with a coupon printed on top and no ink wasting ad below it, you can use that sheet for the CN coupon. If you print 2 coupons, it spaces them out in a way that takes the entire sheet.

Update - just tried it. It still prints in the same paper wasting mode.

Coupons.com (usually, unless there is an ink AND paper wasting top of the page ad) and SmartSource print at the top of the page.
JaxFL
3/5/13 5:21 PM
I print to PDF... But glad to hear java work around, as Firefox disabled java as well, was ready to change.
yoregano
3/5/13 5:46 PM
Hmm... maybe I have just been in the habit of printing coupons in groups of threes, because I don't recall getting single coupons in the middle of the page. Or maybe it's different since I use a Mac. I'll have to try a single and see what happens.

I have so many FAR reams of paper from Staplez anyway, waste is a relative term.
imanemokid
3/5/13 6:14 PM
Even worse on SmarSource or redplum - if you only print 1 and get a full page ad wasting the rest of the page & ink

and the paper ain't free... the poor sad maple/poplar/? that gave itz life - and the pollution in making it ... ad nauseum
First page
1 of 11
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.