• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
CouponNetwork Has CatalinaSavingsPrinter for PC Today (Target, too)

CouponNetwork.com & Target.com now have the CatalinaSavingsPrinter.exe for PCs.

A few days ago they had CatalinaSavingsPrinter.dmg for the mac.

It will probably ask to install it today if you are going to print any Qz from your PC.

NO MORE JAVA TO WORRY ABOUT. ... but I spoke too soon ... this software is BUGGY, too.

http://www.couponnetwork.com/

http://coupons.target.com/

BUT THERE ARE BUGS (features?) IN IT ... AT LEAST 3 SO FAR

AND THE FILE SIZE HAS CHANGED FROM AN AVERAGE 3mb FOR 3 Qz TO 15mb

AND EVEN MORE BS

3,660,440 file size - downloaded original exe on march 2 from target.com

4,271,944 file size - downloaded exe today on march 10 from couponnetwork.com

3,837,792 file size - downloaded exe today on march 10 from target.com

ALL HAVE SAME VERSION 1.0.0.0 AND SAME BUILD NUMBER 110150

LAME. Inc.

UPDATE

Now, I've verified there IS at least 4 BUGz in the Catalina Savings Printer and have not yet gotten an answer back.

I will post in the thread any answers I get.

03/11/13 - Also, spoke w/ a few peepz @ Catalina in St Pete / they have my list (along w/ 2 more I have to send today) and they know there are some "difficulties" with their first version and they will call & email me and I will post as soon as I get the info.

> > > IMPORTANT UPDATE < < < 04/18/13

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Coupon Network Support Team.

We are pleased to announce that we made a few changes that should resolve your issue with our Catalina Savings Printer overriding your print settings!

We are currently working on the other issues you have described, but in the meantime please uninstall your previous Catalina Savings Printer by following the steps below, then re-install before trying to print again.

Go to Start
Click All Programs
Open the Catalina Marketing Corp folder
Uninstall the Catalina Savings Printer

Please let us know if this resolves your issue. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you,

Coupon Network Support

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
imanemokid;18108075 said:  "Besides the lack of support, (because they either probably don't know - or it will compromis... (more)

NantucketSunrise (Nov. 19, 2013 @ 10:07a) |

Actually, I'll go back and clarify that statement - which was actually because Catalina is supposedly shutting down the ... (more)

imanemokid (Nov. 19, 2013 @ 10:50p) |

Oh, okay. Thanks for esplainin'.

NantucketSunrise (Nov. 19, 2013 @ 11:06p) |

CouponNetwork Has CatalinaSavingsPrinter for PC Today (Target, too)

What does this mean exactly?

VirginiaDC said:   What does this mean exactly?
Are you aware of the security issues with java? Apple, for one, disabled java in a recent OS update, meaning that Mac users could not print coupons from sites where the coupon printer app required java. This new update no longer requires java, meaning that users can now print these coupons again. And, the security risk can now be avoided.

Do they still print in paper-wasting middle of the page mode if you just print one coupon?

billrubin said:   Do they still print in paper-wasting middle of the page mode if you just print one coupon?
My coupons have always printed at the top of the page. Since three coupons will fit on a page, printing in groups of three is most efficient.

yoregano said:   billrubin said:   Do they still print in paper-wasting middle of the page mode if you just print one coupon?
My coupons have always printed at the top of the page. Since three coupons will fit on a page, printing in groups of three is most efficient.
Yes, if you print 3. But if you only print 1, CouponNetwork prints it in the middle of the page. In theory if you have a sheet with a coupon printed on top and no ink wasting ad below it, you can use that sheet for the CN coupon. If you print 2 coupons, it spaces them out in a way that takes the entire sheet.

Update - just tried it. It still prints in the same paper wasting mode.

Coupons.com (usually, unless there is an ink AND paper wasting top of the page ad) and SmartSource print at the top of the page.

I print to PDF... But glad to hear java work around, as Firefox disabled java as well, was ready to change.

Hmm... maybe I have just been in the habit of printing coupons in groups of threes, because I don't recall getting single coupons in the middle of the page. Or maybe it's different since I use a Mac. I'll have to try a single and see what happens.

I have so many FAR reams of paper from Staplez anyway, waste is a relative term.

Even worse on SmarSource or redplum - if you only print 1 and get a full page ad wasting the rest of the page & ink

and the paper ain't free... the poor sad maple/poplar/? that gave itz life - and the pollution in making it ... ad nauseum

JaxFL said:   I print to PDF... But glad to hear java work around, as Firefox disabled java as well, was ready to change.Please tell us how you get these programs to print to PDF. They're supposed to disallow that. I'd LOVE to print to PDF if I could (and no, not so I could print duplicates)!

billrubin said:   JaxFL said:   I print to PDF... But glad to hear java work around, as Firefox disabled java as well, was ready to change.Please tell us how you get these programs to print to PDF. They're supposed to disallow that. I'd LOVE to print to PDF if I could (and no, not so I could print duplicates)!. Nuance paperport...often comes free with printers, esp brother. Doesn't work for smart source but all others. Doing use for duplicates but to crop ads and save paper... Copies are easy enough if you wanted to.

JaxFL said:    Doing use for duplicates but to crop ads and save paper... Copies are easy enough if you wanted to.

?? to the first part. and making copies of the coupons is against the terms of printable coupons, that's why it is usually 2 prints per computer. each coupon gets a unique code, to prevent copying. just 2 days ago i had a WalMart (out of all places) that made sure all of my coupons had unique codes and weren't just copies.

I went to the Target site today to check out their current coupons, and when I pressed "print", it had me download the new coupon printing software.

As far as I know, there was no place with that software to set printing options (which there usually isn't with coupon printers).

When the coupons printed out, they printed on "high quality" and literally took 5 minutes per page instead of the usual 15 seconds. This is a waste of ink and time -

Does anyone know how I can set this new coupon printer to print out with a normal or draft quality?

(I don't have any templates or anything set to print at "high" quality, so it's not like the coupon printer was using a pre-existing default on my computer/printer.)

Thanks for any tips!

==
Note: I later went to the Coupon Network site and the coupons from there also printed out the sloooow way with their new Catalina non-Java software.

are you guys having trouble with them printing in color? i have my print preferences on black ink only and it comes out in color. I didn't have this problem with the old system and coupons.com still comes out in black and white. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!!!

NantucketSunrise said:   I went to the Target site today to check out their current coupons, and when I pressed "print", it had me download the new coupon printing software.

As far as I know, there was no place with that software to set printing options (which there usually isn't with coupon printers).

When the coupons printed out, they printed on "high quality" and literally took 5 minutes per page instead of the usual 15 seconds. This is a waste of ink and time -

Does anyone know how I can set this new coupon printer to print out with a normal or draft quality?

(I don't have any templates or anything set to print at "high" quality, so it's not like the coupon printer was using a pre-existing default on my computer/printer.)

Thanks for any tips!

==
Note: I later went to the Coupon Network site and the coupons from there also printed out the sloooow way with their new Catalina non-Java software.

You should be able to go into your printer properties & set the defaults there. you can't set the universal defaults in a program, but by going to the Start Menu -> Devices & Printers -> right click on your printer and go to 'printing preferences.' i can set my (laser) printer to econ-mode, which is fine when the toner is full, but is too light when the toner is near empty to be scanned properly. first thing i do in the printer defaults, is set it to always print in B&W.

i want to laugh when i see people using color printed coupons. might as well not even print unless someone else is paying for your ink/toner.

I just installed the new program (which I didn't have to do when I tried it the other day) and it actually considers the printer being paused to be an error and won't print! I routinely keep my printer paused so I can decide when I want to print stuff and optimize my use of paper. What idiots these people are! I guess I'm not printing CouponNetwork coupons anymore unless they're really great. Are they afraid I'm going to make a copy of the spool file while it's paused and print the coupon more than once?

MeIsCheap said:   etc etc ... i want to laugh when i see people using color printed coupons. might as well not even print unless someone else is paying for your ink/toner.

I also want to laugh when I see people laugh about people using color printed coupons. Cuz actually, I pay the same amount for color ink / cartridges as I do black ...

billrubin said:   I just installed the new program etc etc ... and it actually considers the printer being paused to be an error and won't print! etc etc

I do / did the same while printing coupons from target ... printer paused ... printer driver locked up ... and I lost all the Qz I was going to print ... used to be able to go back and resend ... NO LONGER !!

imanemokid said:   MeIsCheap said:   etc etc ... i want to laugh when i see people using color printed coupons. might as well not even print unless someone else is paying for your ink/toner.
I also want to laugh when I see people laugh about people using color printed coupons. Cuz actually, I pay the same amount for color ink / cartridges as I do black ...
Yes, but the amount of ink in the color cartridges may not be as much as in the black.

billrubin said:   imanemokid said:   MeIsCheap said:   etc etc ... i want to laugh when i see people using color printed coupons. might as well not even print unless someone else is paying for your ink/toner.
Yes, but the amount of ink in the color cartridges may not be as much as in the black.

same bat size ... same bat channel (and last time $1.57 each for 20 and free shipping for my bro ink carts)

imanemokid said:   
same bat size ... same bat channel (and last time $1.57 each for 20 and free shipping for my bro ink carts)

that almost sounds like it could be a better cost per page than my laser. i think i'll be looking into that. i know the print quality of inkjets has been on par with lasers, but the ink kept me away. looks like things have changed. thanks.

You should be able to go into your printer properties & set the defaults there. you can't set the universal defaults in a program, but by going to the Start Menu -> Devices & Printers -> right click on your printer and go to 'printing preferences.' i can set my (laser) printer to econ-mode, which is fine when the toner is full, but is too light when the toner is near empty to be scanned properly. first thing i do in the printer defaults, is set it to always print in B&W.

When I set up the printer, I had set the default to "normal" printing (whenever I want something special, I do that manually; and other people who are not technologically-savvy use that printer and need it to be normal), so that's why it was unexpected that these new coupons would very slowly print out at the highest quality. Aside from the printer default settings, there is nowhere else to adjust the print instructions for these new coupons.

The question below mine also mentions having an unusual problem with this sort of thing: are you guys having trouble with them printing in color? i have my print preferences on black ink only and it comes out in color. I didn't have this problem with the old system and coupons.com still comes out in black and white. Anyone know how to fix this?

I have not fiddled with this since the day I installed the new Catalina software because there were only a few coupons on there that I wanted and I printed them at the time, but the next time they have some that I want to print out, I'll see if there is any setting anywhere that I can adjust.

added this today march 10

AND EVEN MORE BS

LAME. Inc.

imanemokid said:   added this today march 10

AND EVEN MORE BS

LAME. Inc.

I've noticed depending on what browser I download it through, it will sometimes prompt for the Ask.com toolbar, or something similar, to be installed. Had to install on several computers (did it within a couple hours of each other) and noticed it then.

Also

Now, I've verified there IS at least 4 BUGz in the Catalina Savings Printer and have not yet gotten an answer back.

I will post in the thread any answers I get.

UPDATE 03/10/13

Also, spoke w/ a few peepz @ Catalina in St Pete / they have my list (along w/ 2 more I have to send today) and they know there are some "difficulties" with their first version and they will call & email me and I will post as soon as I get the info.

How come I can't download the Catalina savings printeR? it says that the page requested isn't found

shoua said:   How come I can't download the Catalina savings printeR? it says that the page requested isn't found

what link or ?? or you trying to use ??

If you try to download a Q from either Target or CouponNetwork, it should ask if you want to download the CSP ...

I've had no problem on dozens of PCs and a few macs

installing, that is, not using ... (many problems there)

if that's been a problem for peepz, I can post the CSP if needed

Good news of sorts, the new program prints single coupons at the top of the page and not in the middle.

Any more update on the bugs? I am still unable to print target coupons. . .
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program and the website still refuses to load and kicks me out.

We have been having the same problem. Go thru the whole thing and it just will not print - goes back to same site saying to insatll it. Have tried the trouble shooting and even made a phone call. This is really frustrating - I am not totally computer illiterate but this thing is stubborn and way to smart for me I guess...

odunurse said:   Any more update on the bugs? I am still unable to print target coupons. . .
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program and the website still refuses to load and kicks me out.
When I tried to print one last week, it was still considering a paused printer to be an error, AND counting it as a valid print.

I wonder if writing to companies who use them telling them that you are unable to print their coupons because of their provider's buggy software would help? Would have to be a lot of people writing to complain, I suppose, for them to take notice.

billrubin said:   odunurse said:   Any more update on the bugs? I am still unable to print target coupons. . .
When I tried to print one last week, it was still considering a paused printer to be an error, AND counting it as a valid print.

I wonder if writing to companies who use them telling them that you are unable to print their coupons because of their provider's buggy software would help? Would have to be a lot of people writing to complain, I suppose, for them to take notice.

Actually ... that is even what they said to do. But not to the companies ... to them. Because of a change in the Target Q thread, I have not been able to get all I wanted to do - done concerning this. But what I learned after speaking with a few of their personnel is that a list of all the specific complaints could be compiled to send to them and they would be "happy" to review it. I will try to get everyone on the T thread and elsewhere on FW to bombard them w/ emails w/ the "form letter" of complaints.

I have multiple bugz so far ... but if anyone can add problems / discrepancies / errors / or even something you think would help to change and post it in this thread ... I'll put together a letter to send to them. I can change the top part of this post and put a list of all the problems to make it easy to find if it has already been stated as a problem. if that sounds acceptable...??

Also, if you could state whether PC or Mac, OS & version, browser& version, site you had problems at, whether you can print fine at other sites (coupons.com / bricks, smartsource, redplum) and as much info as you can of the problem. Thanx

And especially if you can't print at all. I have done hundreds of installs of the CSP mostly on PCs ... but I have not yet had a problem not being able to print ... PC or Mac/Apple.

I just don't want the "paper" to go away. With stores going "digital" - it puts even further limitations on the amount of Qz you can get / use.

imanemokid said:   Actually ... that is even what they said to do. But not to the companies ... to them. Because of a change in the Target Q thread, I have not been able to get all I wanted to do - done concerning this. But what I learned after speaking with a few of their personnel is that a list of all the specific complaints could be compiled to send to them and they would be "happy" to review it. I will try to get everyone on the T thread and elsewhere on FW to bombard them w/ emails w/ the "form letter" of complaints. Yes, I had emailed them about the paused printer bug and they wrote back and said that they would investigate but obviously there is no fix yet. What they're doing is treating normal situations which should be considered a warning at best (low ink) as an error. It's like they don't want the print spool file sitting on your disk so you can do whatever they think you can do with it. They want it to print immediately and be gone. That they consider a paused printer to be an error is the height of stupidity. That they then count those failures as successful prints (towards your 2 total prints) goes beyond stupid.

billrubin said:   imanemokid said:   Actually ... that is even what they said to do. But not to the companies ... to them. Because of a change in the Target Q thread, I have not been able to get all I wanted to do - done concerning this. But what I learned after speaking with a few of their personnel is that a list of all the specific complaints could be compiled to send to them and they would be "happy" to review it. I will try to get everyone on the T thread and elsewhere on FW to bombard them w/ emails w/ the "form letter" of complaints. Yes, I had emailed them about the paused printer bug and they wrote back and said that they would investigate but obviously there is no fix yet. What they're doing is treating normal situations which should be considered a warning at best (low ink) as an error. It's like they don't want the print spool file sitting on your disk so you can do whatever they think you can do with it. They want it to print immediately and be gone. That they consider a paused printer to be an error is the height of stupidity. That they then count those failures as successful prints (towards your 2 total prints) goes beyond stupid.

unfortuantly, i will often do a test print of a coupon i doubt i'll be using. not a fan of wasting ink, but even more not a fan of turning into hulk after not getting a Q i want

MeIsCheap said:    etc etc ... unfortuantly, i will often do a test print of a coupon i doubt i'll be using. not a fan of wasting ink, but even more not a fan of turning into hulk after not getting a Q i want

I sort of expect to print what I checked off ... and when I used to download ALL the Qz at once on T.com - I now don't expect the software to print more than 12 - 15 at a time ... it will print a few sheets - and then pause

Also even w/ just 24 - it printed around 17 - went back and printed another 17 of the same Qz - didn't download the rest - and said I used up both prints for all 24 Qz. Not the hulk ... but also not a happy camper ... (the best it printed a Q set 6x - and that's on their end - because the MFR Qz had different PINz)

attempted to print 15 Qz on T.com to use all prints up ... (5 pages of 3) ... previously printed 1 of each ... so had 1 print left

$2 off 10ct+ Claritin-D allergy relief item (5-4-13)
$2 off three select Green Works items (5-4-13)
$2 off Orphan Train novel by Christina Baker Kline (5-4-13)
$0.50 off two select Kashi items (5-4-13)
$0.75 off Quaker cereal (5-4-13)
$3 off Rubbermaidz Reveal power detail scrubber (5-4-13)
$3 off Rubbermaidz Reveal spray mop (5-4-13)
$1.50 off M&M's chocolate candy (5-4-13)
$1 off any TWO (2) bags of WONKA Candy (6-1-13) MFR
$1 off 24 cans of Fancy Feast Gourmet Cat Food (6-1-13) MFR
$1 off 1 package of Fancy Feast Gourmet Dry Cat Food (6-1-13) MFR
$1 off 4 trays of Fancy Feast Appetizers for Cats (6-1-13) MFR

$1 off 3 Select Kellogg's Items (5-4-13) MFR
$3.25 off any TWO Gerber Good Start Powder formulas (6-1-13) MFR
$1 off 18 Fancy Feast Mornings/Elegant Medleys Cat Food (6-1-13) MFR

so ... it prints 9 pages ... gives me 1 set of the first 12 - not the last three

then gives me another set of all 15 Qz - and doesn't complete and say what Qz have been printed

so ... back to page 1 of the Qz - all 15 show not printed - but try to print again and

Sorry! The Coupons You Selected Did Not Print
The offers you selected are not available to you at this time.
Coupons may not print because the maximum allowed prints may have been reached between the time the coupon was presented to you and the time you tried to print the coupon.
This may also occur if you had previously printed the maximum for that coupon, but we were unable to detect that before your print started.
Please go back to the home page to start the printing process over.
For more information, please check our frequently asked questions.

and usually, anything over 12 has been Lost In Space

sad

I don't print more than a couple coupons at a time.
Previously target and coupon network coupons were printing at photo quality and ignoring my printer settings ( and REALLY sucking ink).
Uninstalled and reloaded new version this week.
Still ignores my printer settings but now prints on standard - which is darker than my printer is set. However - discovered if I printed it any lighter the small type would be illegible. I do have my color ink deactivated - so can't respond to those issues.

squirrel8 said:   etc etc ... Uninstalled and reloaded new version this week. etc etc

what version do you have now ?? from CN or Target or ?? and does it have the coupon bar / ask / or any other "freebies" ??

and on coupons.com - just printed 39 at once - B&W ... no problem

As someone mentioned in a comment above, in the past month or two I had received the following warning on their site a few times ...even though the time the coupon "was presented to" me and the time I tried to print it was approximately 180 seconds:

"The offers you selected are not available to you at this time.
Coupons may not print because the maximum allowed prints may have been reached between the time the coupon was presented to you and the time you tried to print the coupon."

---
Haven't seen that warning lately though.

What is happening these days is that about 2 out of 3 coupons I select to print on their site do not end up printing, but I don't get any warning message about the reason. (I don't print very many coupons out, so generally I'm only selecting about 4 - 6 from them anyway, and getting 1 or 2 coming out of my printer.)

NantucketSunrise said:    etc etc ... What is happening these days is that about 2 out of 3 coupons I select to print on their site do not end up printing, but I don't get any warning message about the reason. (I don't print very many coupons out, so generally I'm only selecting about 4 - 6 from them anyway, and getting 1 or 2 coming out of my printer.)

Out of 60 or so peepz complaints ... I have not heard of that one ...

when Qz are selected - say 6 Qz - you would normally get 2 pages of Qz - and the site would finish and say - the following Qz printed - then list the 6 individual Qz

you ask for 6 Qz - it only prints say 3 Qz - does it list the 3 Qz it printed ? does the site pause and not let you continue ? how do you know that it's done?

(early in the morning - around 4am - when they are loading nu Qz - there's been many times when all the sites pages show all the Qa are available - say all 14 pages of 12 - even though I know that I have printed the limit on them - then, when I check the box on a few Qz and try to print them - none of the Qz print - and when it goes back to page 1, the pages all reset to show the "coupon already printed" in all the boxes)

Skipping 68 Messages...
Oh, okay. Thanks for esplainin'.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014