• Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
UDATED Today - See OP

imanemokid said:   UDATED Today - See OP
I can't tell what the update is. Can you put a date on whatever the new info is?

yoregano said:   imanemokid said:   UDATED Today - See OP
I can't tell what the update is. Can you put a date on whatever the new info is?

Done

imanemokid said:   UDATED Today - See OPSo did you try reinstalling it? Are the problems fixed?

Update - I did it myself. The install file is identical to the one I downloaded on 3/11. Not surprisingly, it still fails when the printer is paused.

billrubin said:   imanemokid said:   UDATED Today - See OPSo did you try reinstalling it? Are the problems fixed?

Update - I did it myself. The install file is identical to the one I downloaded on 3/11. Not surprisingly, it still fails when the printer is paused.

I was disappointed in the email w/ the lack of revision history. I wish they would have been more specific with what was "supposedly" corrected other than the "override printer settings" problem. I turned in 7 "bugz" and some "like to haves" ... guess I'll be calling them again. (and no - not yet ... testing a few things before I uninstall tonite on a few comps)

although, some people that couldn't print at all ... are able to now ... so

Here is the response I've gotten from them (twice) when complaining:

Thank you for contacting Coupon Network Support.

Our development team is currently researching this issue and will continue to look into this further using the information you provided. We hope to get you printing soon, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Once this issue has been resolved we will be able to reset your print limit.

In the meantime, please be sure to check that you have the settings correct to print to your printer and not your fax, scanner, etc.
You can check this setting in your Control Panel/Printers and Faxes on Windows computers, and in your System Preferences/Print Fax on Mac computers.

Check to see if you are printing to the right printer device setting. You may not print to fax machines or file-based print commands (e.g., Adobe Acrobat) or other programs that create PDFs or image file. Please check your printer setting to make sure your default printer is a regular printer. If you have a multi-function printer (fax, copy, print), please make sure that the ‘Printer’ is set as the default function on your computer.

We appreciate your patience as we look into this issue, and will get back to you soon with a solution.

Thank you,

Coupon Network Support

Well, updated my CSP - on 1 comp - and it totally screwed up my firefox - my font size is now measured in nanometers.

And the CSP that you download - either from CN or T - has NOT changed. So they either just want you to reset your CSP by deleting and reinstalling it - or the CSP in just an installer and they secretly download & install something else from their site.

Now ... when printing from CN - it DID fix the bug that overroad your printer settings and printed in color (at least 4 me) - grayscale now does print grayscale

my printer was in standby - it did turn it on - and print the Q

but I'm in chrome right now because it screwed up the font in FF

the CSP exe's (different from CN or T because of toolbar) are still the same (file compare) on 4/18 as the older ones from 3/10
same version / filesize / bit 4 bit ...
so they did NOT update the executable ...

continuing saga ...

imanemokid said:   Well, updated my CSP - on 1 comp - and it totally screwed up my firefox - my font size is now measured in nanometers.View -> Zoom -> Reset (or ctrl-0).

billrubin said:   imanemokid said:   Well, updated my CSP - on 1 comp - and it totally screwed up my firefox - my font size is now measured in nanometers.View -> Zoom -> Reset (or ctrl-0).

I did - but it didn't ...

reinstalled - itz happy (as it can be, I guess)

and no browser was running when I updated the CSP, either

Today I tried to print out a couple of Target coupons and got the message that my computer had an old version of their software and it needed to be updated - I updated it, but it wouldn't print afterwards. When I went back to the list of Target coupons and tried to start again, I kept getting the same message that my computer had an old version of their software.

I checked the list of programs in my computer and it said that that software had last been added/updated about 6 weeks ago, so it didn't seem to have registered that anything was done to it today, even though today I got all the windows and green bars moving across showing update progress and the final screen saying the update was finished, etc.

I deleted that program entirely and went to Target's site and installed it from scratch.

I was able to print the coupons. They are still coming out in highest print quality (ignoring the default settings that I have set up for my printer), which is frustrating and expensive (ink-wise).

Why can't obtaining and printing coupons just be a straightforward thing, and not opaque and tricksy and 3 times more complex and time-consuming than it needs to be? Sheesh.

---
As an aside, I am certainly not a typical consumer or purchaser, but I have noticed a huge drop-off in the last 4 weeks of coupons that I can use (in the Sunday paper inserts, online at the various providers, on my main supermarket's digital coupon site, etc.)

I'm only a casual couponer, and my little envelope that I take to the store used to have about 50 decent coupons in there that I potentially could use, but these days there are about 20 in there - and half of those are for products that I'm not going to buy unless I see some massive sale where I could get the product for pennies when also using the coupon.

This, combined with the fact that 3 weeks ago the main supermarket in my out-of-the-way locality stopped doubling coupons, means that I am getting nothing like the coupon savings off my typical shopping receipt that I did before April.

NantucketSunrise said:   etc etc .... They are still coming out in highest print quality (ignoring the default settings that I have set up for my printer), which is frustrating and expensive (ink-wise). etc etc ...

I didn't try it because I have multiple programs that will override any settings windows or ?? tries to change my printer settings but also print to a formatter to change size / ?? / etc.

Most have seen the ability to now print to grayscale ... so I turned off all the programs and printed "normal". I then printed out my highest "draft" or "fast" setting ... and they both threw out the pages quick - one so fast and "drafty" I know the Q would not be scannable at the register.

That's on three different printers - HPz ink&laser / brother

Did you change the setting in both General and Advanced ?

Also - might want to try Inksaver or a program like that to change the ink quantity on page and not look like a "draft"

I got here by googling "new catalina savings printer overriding print settings." I think my printer just guzzled about twice as much money in ink as what I would be saving by using the various Target coupons I printed. Despite having my settings at fast draft and grayscale in both "shortcuts" and advanced settings, I now have a bunch of photo-quality coupons that, on top of everything, appear to have overlayed color ink to make black when I have plenty of black ink left. That's the last time I trust any company to actually test their software before releasing it... stupid me for thinking "Oh, it's just a routine update" (I hate having my money wasted, especially when it's someone else's fault) </rant>

So, I just want to clarify that what I'm seeing here is correct-- The official response from Catalina is that they fixed the bug that caused it to override printer settings, but this isn't actually the truth and the "new" printing software is just the same as the old?

votefornumbersix said:    etc etc but this isn't actually the truth and the "new" printing software is just the same as the old?

NO ... what you download - the CSP - is the same executable - they did something on "THEIR END" and it has corrected the grayscale issue.

so you do have to uninstall / reinstall the CSP ... but if you downloaded the old version and use it or the new version you get today - it doesn't matter.

I'm not sure yet on the fast / draft issue until I can use more printers and on some other OSz.

UPDATE

Just got back from frenz house - and was able to use 2 comps (W7-FF & W8-chrome) / 2 printers - both printed as supposed to w/ grayscale or draft turned on ... but still haven't tried a mac. From CN & T

votefornumbersix said:   
Despite having my settings at fast draft and grayscale in both "shortcuts" and advanced settings, I now have a bunch of photo-quality coupons that, on top of everything, appear to have overlayed color ink to make black when I have plenty of black ink left.

That's the last time I trust any company to actually test their software before releasing it... stupid me for thinking "Oh, it's just a routine update"

So, I just want to clarify that what I'm seeing here is correct--

The official response from Catalina is that they fixed the bug that caused it to override printer settings, but this isn't actually the truth and the "new" printing software is just the same as the old?

Votefornumbersix, as you have probably read above, this happened to me too.

At least for me, the update was required - it would not print any coupons unless I updated the software - so having "trust" that they had properly tested their software had nothing to do with it, because whether I trusted the software update or not, I would not have been able to continue to use the old version of the software to print their coupons.

This is obviously a real problem that several users (who do know how to set their printer settings appropriately, at least without having to use all kinds of extraneous programs or whatever) are continuing to experience, even with the very latest updates.

They might continue to work on improving their software - hopefully. I don't print many coupons anyway, but I'll just make sure I will definitely use them before printing anything out on highest quality.

===
Nemo, I'm afraid that I was born before 1975 and therefore I can't really follow or understand your "txtspk"!

[I came upon a passage in a foreign language the other day, a language that I'd never studied in school, yet because I had taken a class in Greek and Latin derivatives when I was a kid, I could understand that passage better than some of your comments here. Crazy, huh!? "Generation gap" ]

It seems that you don't have this printing problem, but some other people genuinely do. Happily, this isn't a huge deal for me, so I won't spend hours on it or download any additional printer-controlling program. (That's why I don't deal with the coupons that require Java - it's not worth the annoyance to me to tinker with turning Java on and off in my browser all the time, keeping it updated, etc. Other people don't find that annoying, and it's completely worth it to them, and that's great.)

NantucketSunrise said:    etc etc from - votefornumbersix - etc etc ... Votefornumbersix, as you have probably read above, this happened to me too. At least for me, the update was required - it would not print any coupons etc etc

This is obviously a real problem that several users (who do know how to set their printer settings appropriately, at least without having to use all kinds of extraneous programs or whatever) are continuing to experience, even with the very latest updates.

===
Nemo, I'm afraid that I was born before 1975 and therefore I can't really follow or understand your "txtspk"!

It seems that you don't have this printing problem, but some other people genuinely do. Happily, this isn't a huge deal for me, so I won't spend hours on it or download any additional printer-controlling program. (That's why I don't deal with the coupons that require Java - it's not worth the annoyance to me to tinker with turning Java on and off in my browser all the time, keeping it updated, etc. Other people don't find that annoying, and it's completely worth it to them, and that's great.)

One thing - is that nobody as yet can say that their software is the problem. If (say canon) wrote a crappy driver for their printer - it could still work for 99% of what you use as programs but not the CSP. Could be a dll or other windows problem. Probably the best example is how long it took the PC side to get USB to run "OK" (still not great.) Windows specs / commercial drivers were ALL bad - and barely met compliance - if at all. I'm definitely not one to side w/ catalina - but there are still too many variables.

I had my three printers - 2 from friends - and I stopped by Office Despot and tested a few more. They all worked for me. There are other bugz - but so far - I cannot duplicate the problem after loading their current software.

I do mech & elec design ... so between a variety of CAD software and the ultimate format (soft & hard) that is required is why I need all those other software programs.

Haven't had any problem w/ Java - and I HAVE to have it - so I print fine on redplum or smartsource.

and I'm definitely NOT a casual user.

And in my opinion ... Webster was an inconsistent moron ... and his dictionary needs mass quantities of help in the improvement dept.

But I'm used to the Target thread peepz that are familiar w/ Qz - but I took Latin for a few, too ... but I don't think that's going to help here.

CSP - CatalinaSavingsPrinter.exe
OSz - operating systems
2 comps - 2 computers
W7-FF - windows 7 using firefox browser
W8-chrome - windows 8 using chrome browser
CN - couponnetwork
T - Target
Qz - coupons

anything I missed ?

also what printer & computer/OS are you using?

I'm not a tin-foil hat person, but has anyone really read through the T&Cs of this software?

They can harvest private info from your computer at any time.
2.6.1Licensee acknowledges that Licensor reserves the right, at any time and without notice, to monitor compliance with the terms of this Agreement and to otherwise protect its rights in the Software by incorporating license management technology into the Software and monitoring usage, including, without limitation, time, date, access or other controls, counters, serial numbers, and/or other security devices. The Software may include product activation and other security technology that is designed to prevent the unauthorized access, use and/or copying of the Software, or any portions or components thereof, including any violations of this Agreement. In accordance with Section 9.11, the Software may transmit information about Licensee and the device used to access the Software (including personal information) to Licensor, and may prevent uses of the Software that are not authorized or permitted pursuant to the terms of this Agreement.

If you've installed the software, you can't even talk about coupon discounts or even the T&Cs!
8.1 Confidential Information. Licensee acknowledge that, in the course of using the Software and exercising Licensee’s rights under this Agreement, Licensee may obtain confidential information relating to the Software or Licensor and its affiliates or Suppliers (“Confidential Information”). Such Confidential Information shall belong solely to Licensor and shall include, without limitation, the computer code of the Software (including any and all Derivative Works and Updates), the existence of and terms of this Agreement, trade secrets, know-how, inventions (whether or not patentable), techniques, processes, programs, ideas, algorithms, formulas, schematics, testing procedures, software design and architecture, computer code, internal documentation, design and functional specifications, product requirements, problem reports, performance information, documents, candidate information, and any other technical, business, product, marketing, third party customers, and financial information, plans and data.

imanemokid said:   > > > IMPORTANT UPDATE < < < 04/18/13

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Coupon Network Support Team.

We are pleased to announce that we made a few changes that should resolve your issue with our Catalina Savings Printer overriding your print settings!

I've uninstalled/reinstalled the Catalina Ink-Drainer today, on 2 separate PCs, and it still overrides my default printing preferences; namely, I've set the printer to Fast mode, and it is most assuredly not using that.

dnoth said:   imanemokid said:   > > > IMPORTANT UPDATE < < < 04/18/13
Hello, etc etc ... Printer overriding your print settings!

I've uninstalled/reinstalled the Catalina Ink-Drainer today, on 2 separate PCs, and it still overrides my default printing preferences; namely, I've set the printer to Fast mode, and it is most assuredly not using that.

sure would be nice to know some specifics - pc-mac/os/browser/printer - 'cuz I'm up to 23 printers on pc & mac ... so far - works for me ??

larryc said:   I'm not a tin-foil hat person, but has anyone really read through the T&Cs of this software?

They can harvest private info from your computer at any time.

If you've installed the software, you can't even talk about coupon discounts or even the T&Cs!
etc etc

At least they told you about it ... and you have the option ... some others ... mmm ... Sony comes to mind ...

Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1, and Windows XP SP3; Chrome 26.0.1410 & Opera 12.15, Canon MX300.

i have installed the catalina plug in as instructed and my printer is set to default when i select the coupons i want to print and select print the paper goes through my printer as if it were going to print but comes out blank frustrated and need help please

dnoth said:   Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1, and Windows XP SP3; Chrome 26.0.1410 & Opera 12.15, Canon MX300.
had everything else ... and I think I've found the printer ...

gemini7208 said:   i have installed the catalina plug in as instructed and my printer is set to default when i select the coupons i want to print and select print the paper goes through my printer as if it were going to print but comes out blank frustrated and need help please

need the info ... pc/os/browser/printer and what you're trying to print ... did it print before you installed ... does CN Qz print ??

but actually ... you did give me an idea ...

there needs to be a minimum test print at catalina ... not CN or T Qz w/ counters and restrictions ... just a test print to see if the CSP is working properly - the minimum standard ...

thanx ( but I need that info, too )

Hello,

Since they have changed the printer now I'm having trouble printing from FoxFire and IE. When I go to print the coupons it comes up saying I don't have the printer installed, but I do. Go and download the printer again, go to print them and stills comes up saying I don't have the printer installed. So, I went to IE and the site caused the web page to close out and can't get any coupons to print from my laptop or desktop. But, what is really strange I'm able to print from my home computer and I'm using XP and have no problems at all. Can anyone help me with this issue. Since they updated the printer of coupons I've noticed it take a lot longer for the coupons to print out. Any help is welcome. I did send them an email stating my issue and they thanked me for contacting them with my issue and they have sent my email onto their tech department, but who know if I'll ever get this issue fixed. And, I also downloaded Chrome and still wouldn't let me print!
laptop, and desktop are using W-7
Regards,
Gena

glnixon said:   Hello, Since they have changed the printer now I'm having trouble printing from FoxFire and IE etc etc and can't get any coupons to print from my laptop or desktop. But, what is really strange I'm able to print from my home computer etc etc laptop, and desktop are using W-7 Regards, Gena

(foxfire ... from wiki ...Foxfire, also sometimes referred to as "fairy fire", is the bioluminescence created by some species of fungi present in decaying wood. If you got that runnin' in your computer ... it might need pressure washin') ... anywayz ...

what printer are you using w/ the LT & DT - something other than your HC printer (which is?)

CN doesn't print ?

T doesn't print ?

Coupons.com ?

SmartSource ?

& redplum ?

Same is happening with my system too.

Yesterday I plodded through all the coupon sites, which I do about twice a month
(the sites that I know of, at least; and the ones which don't require Java to print),
and I can report that now my printer is printing out the coupons at a normal speed (resulting in a normal print quality, which has always been my printer's default setting)
instead of at the very slow speed (resulting in extra-high quality prints) which had been occurring since March 8th (when I first posted in this thread about this problem).

I didn't have to do anything to see this change -- I didn't get a prompt to update any software, and I hadn't deleted and reinstalled any software. So whatever instruction it was that was causing the photo-quality printing to occur, apparently it was something that they could fix from their side.

I'm so frustrated trying to print target q's. The software won't install at all on xp or win8. On win7 using ie, it begins to print but stops right after the exp date on the coupon. I tried google chrome, win 7, I get no prints there. I called catalina support, call was routed to India, which was even more frustrating.

couponinfo said:   I'm so frustrated trying to print target q's. The software won't install at all on xp or win8. On win7 using ie, it begins to print but stops right after the exp date on the coupon. I tried google chrome, win 7, I get no prints there. I called catalina support, call was routed to India, which was even more frustrating.

Just on XP ... I have personally installed the CSP on easily (as in way) over 100 computers ... but only a few on W8 ... so ... and actually - I haven't seen a computer yet that it won't install - even a mac. Now, whether it works to your full expectations ... that amy be another matter.

I have gone to libraries, schools, businesses ... pc & mac - XP / W7 / W8 / (no Vista) ... and I haven't found a computer I haven't been able to install the CSP on or get it to print. (And yes - there are problems w/ CSP overriding print settings and other problems still not fixed)

Since it prints on hundreds of thousands of computers - it seems strange to have THREE computers that won't print ??

I will say that the last computer that I was asked to look at - and actually worked for the individual to get email and surf the web - had a corrupt NTLOADER - the HDD was failing - never defragged - many thousands of temp files scattered everywhere - 2 viruses - lots of malware - and os / progz that were not up to current version patches.

But, one of my own computers running XP - a few years ago on the original print activator for coupons.com - would no longer print. I used FF as my browser ... and did not install IE at all on that computer. Updates were current. Using Opera or chrome wouldn't work either. I wanted to find out what the problem was - called Mountain View, CA - for hours worked on this computer - even let them log in to that computer - both of us were baffled. I installed some software to watch what was going on - and sent them memory dumps. They didn't know what was going on - just that it didn't work - said to reinstall XP ??

Too much time had passed to use restore - had a few but they didn't fix the problem. I did have a few images - but actually wanted to figure out what was bad. I made the current image to compare / reinstall.

In short (??) (after a while) I finally found that a large update by MS to XP had tried to update IE on my computer. I went ahead and installed the full version of IE ... and my Firefox started working again (and I had previously installed/reinstalled FF a few times). What IE should have to do w/ FF (as far as individually running) - I don't know. And I did remove IE again - and FF still worked fine.

Do coupons from SmartSource & redplum print (java and different activators)

or Coupons.com (no java - different activator)

or Couponnetwork (no java - same activator)

??

I have XP and I have installed the Catalina printer and uninstalled it a couple times. It won't run. My
computer just doesn't recognize that it has been installed and keeps sending me back to the installation
page.

myliecottingham said:   I have XP and I have installed the Catalina printer and uninstalled it a couple times. It won't run. My
computer just doesn't recognize that it has been installed and keeps sending me back to the installation page.

In IE / Firefox / Chrome ??

And it has never printed coupons from target.com or couponnetwork.com ?? or just the current CSP ??

And it does print from coupons.com, redplum & smartsource ??

Also - what computer - brand/make ... & what version of IE did your XP come installed with ?? and your current version ??

thanx

(I wish I could get my hands on just 1 computer that doesn't install / work )

And I'm not sure to what extent your computer / registry / updates are up to date / fully functional ...

(whether you run any diags like Registry Mechanic or Systemworks Diags or ??

but if you want to try and you need to print from T or CN - I would delete firefox / chrome / Opera / Safari & any other browser you have and do a full reinstall of IE ...

then try to install the CSP

I have read all of the suggestions and I still cannot get it to run on my computer! It is not recognizing anything has been installed ad keeps taking me back to the installation page, as well. I have a Toshiba Qosmio Laptop that is approx. 4 yrs old. I have run all of the current updates, uninstalled, reinstalled, etc. I have XP and I do currently print from other coupon networks. I really do miss my Target coupons....PLZ HELP!(I do have Kaspersky.)

bluminicooper said:    etc etc ... I do currently print from other coupon networks. I really do miss my Target coupons....PLZ HELP!(I do have Kaspersky.)

"from other coupon networks" ... but can you print from couponnetwork.com ??

bluminicooper said:   I have read all of the suggestions and I still cannot get it to run on my computer! It is not recognizing anything has been installed ad keeps taking me back to the installation page, as well. I have a Toshiba Qosmio Laptop that is approx. 4 yrs old. I have run all of the current updates, uninstalled, reinstalled, etc. I have XP and I do currently print from other coupon networks. I really do miss my Target coupons....PLZ HELP!(I do have Kaspersky.)Try another browser. If you use IE, try Firefox or Chrome. I don't know why you cannot answer the question that you were asked. If you go to www.java.com, does it say that you have it installed??

"It won't run" is not a valid problem description. Learn to explain your problem correctly and maybe you will get help solving it.

billrubin said:    etc etc I don't know why you cannot answer the question that you were asked. ...

"It won't run" is not a valid problem description. Learn to explain your problem correctly and maybe you will get help solving it.

Thank You
bluminicooper said:   I have read all of the suggestions and I still cannot get it to run on my computer! ... etc etc
and having "read all of the suggestions" is most likely not going to get the CSP "to run on my computer!" either

I too am unable to print Target coupons. I can print all other coupons. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the coupon printer a number of times to no avail. The coupon actually starts to print, a line at the bottom only,and then pushes the paper out. I am not a techie by any means, and I am clueless how to fix this. It happens on FF, IE and Chrome. My desktop as well as my laptop.
Can anyone offer any suggestions? I emailed Catalina and although they promised to get back to me they still have not.

t4eyyz said:   I too am unable to print Target coupons. I can print all other coupons. etc etc ...

so you can print coupons from couponnetwork.com with no problemz ??

imanemokid said:   t4eyyz said:   I too am unable to print Target coupons. I can print all other coupons. etc etc ...

Yes. It is just the Target coupons I cannot print

t4eyyz said:   imanemokid said:   t4eyyz said:   I too am unable to print Target coupons. I can print all other coupons. etc etc ...

Yes. It is just the Target coupons I cannot print

You are the only person that has made that statement so far. The couponnetwork.com CSP is made by the same company that makes the Target CSP. They are interchangeable. Either site will use the CSP from whatever site you downloaded it from.

I would appreciate it if you'd PM me a scan of a page of Qz you printed from couponnetwork.com ... thanx

I have similar printing issues but first I have 4 questions regarding Target Qs:

1. can u print Qs in black/white?
2, can u print 6/page?
3. why do some Qs indiacate they were printed and some do not - would save aggravation?
4. how many copies of a Q can u print?

Print problems (only with Target/ Catalina):will get to later

megaemlee said:   I have similar printing issues but first I have 4 questions regarding Target Qs:
1. can u print Qs in black/white?
2, can u print 6/page?
3. why do some Qs indiacate they were printed and some do not - would save aggravation?
4. how many copies of a Q can u print?
Print problems (only with Target/ Catalina):will get to later

1. ANY Q can be printed in b&w
2. as of today ... the Qz will print from T.com 4pp (your reason for 6pp ??)
3. I have not had a Q print from T.com that did not say it printed w/ the exception that an older version of the CSP (on their end)
sent out 2 copies of the same Q, but has since been resolved.
4. Previously, you could print 2 of each Q, but that has changed. Of the 100 Qz that were put up 5-19-13, it was between 4 and 6 of them that would only print 1 copy. Also, the time some Qz stay up has been greatly reduced. An up & up first aid Q that expires more than a month from original posting was pulled after 1 week.

And, to use another concept of "copies" ... that is printing the Q once from T.com and then going back and printing it again from the same computer from T.com. That is not making a "copy" w/ a scanner or to "pdf" as was previously done. The new Qz posted on 5-19-13 and later have a unique PIN on them and cannot be "copied".

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014