Voting History
rated:
Rite Aid: Free Utz Chips

Utz Chips 3.5 oz. $0.99 (reg. $1.59)
Pay $0.99
Get a $1 +Up Reward (limit 2 offers)
Final Cost FREE!

screenshot
http://h2savecom.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/screen-shot-2013-03...

Member Summary

Utz Chips
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
yes, it is a monthly deal.

MISTERCHEAP (Mar. 20, 2013 @ 8:36a) |

Thanks, but which flavors produced ups?

1brooklyn1 (Mar. 20, 2013 @ 9:51a) |

don't know all of them, but the plain chips def. do.

MISTERCHEAP (Mar. 20, 2013 @ 11:16a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Only certain flavors. If you dont get 2 +Up one of the flavors doesn't work.

my4mainecoons said:   Only certain flavors. If you dont get 2 +Up one of the flavors doesn't work.

do you know which flavors work?

The regular Ripple do not count, nor do the Red Hot - the Regular, No Salt, Carolina BBQ, Salt & Vinegar, Cheese & Sour Cream and Crab flavours do though

I knew I was forgetting a few! Grandma Utz, Honey BBQ, and an Onion flavour count also

In addition to the UTZ +UP, there is a Herr's +UP offer also. They both have a limit of 2. The Herr's flavours include: Sour Cream and Onion, Red Hot, Salt and Vinegar, and Regular. They ring up 99c regardless of your discount level (regular price $1.69). The bag size is 3.75oz.

credit to aussiekittie at SD

Is the regional part because not all stores carry Utz, or because it's only working in certain stores?

billrubin said:   Is the regional part because not all stores carry Utz, or because it's only working in certain stores?
because not all stores carry Utz.
My stores don't have Utz or Herrs. Not sure but they might be the same +Up so you can't get 4 bags of +Utz and 4 of Herrs. There were coupons for Herrs out but I don't know where since I'm not in PA.

Can you use UPR's to pay for these and still receive the new UPR's??

SlamminMOFO said:   Can you use UPR's to pay for these and still receive the new UPR's??

yes as long as you haven't "maxed out" on the offer.

MISTERCHEAP said:   SlamminMOFO said:   Can you use UPR's to pay for these and still receive the new UPR's??

yes as long as you haven't "maxed out" on the offer.

Thanks

Worked in Richmond VA. Thanks MC

my4mainecoons said:   billrubin said:   Is the regional part because not all stores carry Utz, or because it's only working in certain stores?
My stores don't have Utz or Herrs. Not sure but they might be the same +Up so you can't get 4 bags of +Utz and 4 of Herrs. There were coupons for Herrs out but I don't know where since I'm not in PA.

Isn't the limit 2?

sameome said:   my4mainecoons said:   billrubin said:   Is the regional part because not all stores carry Utz, or because it's only working in certain stores?

Isn't the limit 2?

yes it is. my bad. Since I can't do the deal I wasn't paying attention.

Anybody know if they carry these on the West Coast? Doubtful.

MrVietnam said:   Anybody know if they carry these on the West Coast? Doubtful.

I couldn't find them in my SoCal Rite Aid.

OK.. I've been out of the RA loop for too long....

Last week I did the shampoo deal (buy 12.00 get $5 UPreward)

Today I went in for 2 bags of the 99 cent chips and was told I could not use my UP's toward it because my purchased had to be 5.00 or more. Is that how they are doing these UPS?? I thought I could pay the $2 ups and have $3 remaining. Whats the sense of mandatory load to card then?

SlamminMOFO said:   OK.. I've been out of the RA loop for too long....

Today I went in for 2 bags of the 99 cent chips and was told I could not use my UP's toward it because my purchased had to be 5.00 or more. Is that how they are doing these UPS?? I thought I could pay the $2 ups and have $3 remaining. Whats the sense of mandatory load to card then?

Whether they load to your card or you have paper +Up, they have to be used all at once.
Only sense of mandatory LTC is that folks may not use them in time and RA comes out ahead.
Most of us here have opted out of Load To Card and receive paper +Up as in the old days.
The problem w/ mandatory LTC is that the register deducts the value closest to your purchase first.
If your purchase is $6 and you have 2 $3 +Up expiring tomorrow and a $5 expiring next week it will use the $5 and there's a chance that the $3 will expire.

my4mainecoons said:   SlamminMOFO said:   OK.. I've been out of the RA loop for too long....

Whether they load to your card or you have paper +Up, they have to be used all at once.
Only sense of mandatory LTC is that folks may not use them in time and RA comes out ahead.
Most of us here have opted out of Load To Card and receive paper +Up as in the old days.
The problem w/ mandatory LTC is that the register deducts the value closest to your purchase first.
If your purchase is $6 and you have 2 $3 +Up expiring tomorrow and a $5 expiring next week it will use the $5 and there's a chance that the $3 will expire.

Wow.. that sucks. I hope they have some good deals this upcoming week so that I can use them up.

If you're going to be playing the game for a bit then you should probably opt out of LTC and get paper instead. It gives you more control.
If you just want to cash out then buy milk & cereal using the $5 on your card and call it quits.
Best deals generate more not fewer +Up.

my4mainecoons said:   If you're going to be playing the game for a bit then you should probably opt out of LTC and get paper instead. It gives you more control.
If you just want to cash out then buy milk & cereal using the $5 on your card and call it quits.

Ya.. I was into RA hardcore when they still had the SCR's and once they dropped them, I kinda dropped off too.

SlamminMOFO said:   my4mainecoons said:   If you're going to be playing the game for a bit then you should probably opt out of LTC and get paper instead. It gives you more control.

Ya.. I was into RA hardcore when they still had the SCR's and once they dropped them, I kinda dropped off too.

Requires more work using +Up than just doing SCR's.
They made it even more challenging in that +Up are not valid until 6AM the day after they're earned. There's a work around if you have paper +Up but not L2C.

I went to look for the Utz today. Good news was they had a cardboard display of them. Bad news was they didn't have any of the regular variety, had one bag of rippled, which I knew did not work. I thought the Red Hot were included, so I asked the manager if he wanted to just ring two of them and then just swap. He said ring up the ones I want. Nothing printed. Rather than giving me $2 back, he said I should buy something else and he will take $2 off. Well I wasted 10 minutes in the store and finally told him there wasn't anything I needed, so I'd just call corporate and get them to send me the +Up's. He didn't like that, so he wrote on the receipt that I have $2 credit and said that I should just bring it back in.

I may call corporate anyway to get them to send the $2 to me. The sign on the display didn't say there was any restriction as to flavor. Might also try to swap the Red Hot for plain at another store tomorrow.

This is apparently a monthly deal, according to another site.

my4mainecoons said:   SlamminMOFO said:   OK.. I've been out of the RA loop for too long....

The other problem with the LTC's is that they are deducted from your purchase first, so you might not be able to use your manufacturer's coupons if they're going to make the total negative. When you have paper +Ups, you can control exactly which ones to give them after they scan all of your manufacturer's coupons. With LTC, you have no control over it.

roy7736 said:   my4mainecoons said:   SlamminMOFO said:   OK.. I've been out of the RA loop for too long....

The other problem with the LTC's is that they are deducted from your purchase first, so you might not be able to use your manufacturer's coupons if they're going to make the total negative. When you have paper +Ups, you can control exactly which ones to give them after they scan all of your manufacturer's coupons. With LTC, you have no control over it.

How does one opt for the paper UPs?? Do you have to tell the cashier or is there some other setting online to click on?

SlamminMOFO said:    How does one opt for the paper UPs?? Do you have to tell the cashier or is there some other setting online to click on?

One opts out by one of three ways: either telling the cashier you want to opt out, calling customer service, or chatting with customer service. I prefer doing it in store by telling a cashier because that way you don't need to tell them what phone number it is listed under and verify your name and address information, very convenient for us who have multiple cards.

How to instruct cashier to opt you out if they don't know how to do it:
1. Have them hit Shift & ESC
2. In lower left corner hit START
3. They'll see a key that says +Ups Option. Hit that. Right now the default is L2C. By hitting the +Ups Option it changes it to print to paper.
4. Cashier should then scan your card.
5. Have cashier hit SUBMIT.
That's it. Really. Your next transaction you'll get paper +Up.

billrubin said:   This is apparently a monthly deal, according to another site.

Has it been verified to be monthly and which flavors?

1brooklyn1 said:   billrubin said:   This is apparently a monthly deal, according to another site.

MISTERCHEAP said:   1brooklyn1 said:   billrubin said:   This is apparently a monthly deal, according to another site.

1brooklyn1 said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   1brooklyn1 said:   billrubin said:   This is apparently a monthly deal, according to another site.

don't know all of them, but the plain chips def. do.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014