• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I was in the shaving section at Walgreens and saw this shave cream with a Free After Rebate tag. Tag directs you to a website (http://cremocompany.com/rebates) were you fill in some info, print the form, and mail it with the tag and your store receipt. The online form lists 4 products available for rebate (men's shave, women's shave, wash, & moisturizer) and several other stores where the brand is available. The shave cream was $7.99 at Walgreens and you can get rebated up to $9 (I believe this is per item. It's not in the fine print but I know I saw this somewhere, maybe it was on the tag). NOTE: The same person/address can get rebates for ALL 4 items.

Stores:
Bartell Drugs
Bed Bath Beyond
Christmas Tree Shop
CVS
Duane Reade
Harmon
Kinney Drugs
meijer
Wal-Mart
Walgreens
Winn-Dixie

From their website:

The Not Too Fine Print
This offer is limited to one (1) rebate request per name, email and/or address for each product type purchased. Example, you can receive one shave cream rebate, one wash rebate, one moisturizer rebate BUT you cannot request 3 shave cream rebates or 2 wash rebates or 3 moisturizer rebates. The rebate is valid only to the person who purchased this product. A rebate coupon, tag or card and the original receipt MUST accompany request. Requests with duplicated or altered receipts will not be honored. Requests from clubs, organizations and P.O. Boxes will not be honored. U.S. MAIL FRAUD STATUTES PROHIBIT ACTS TO OBTAIN MONEY OR PROPERTY BY MEANS OF FALSE PRETENSES. THIS INCLUDES USE OF NAMES OR ADDRESSES (18 U.S.C. 1341 AND 1342). Offer may not be reprinted without written permission. Void where taxed, restricted or prohibited by law. Consumer is solely responsible for any and all taxes. Please allow 10 weeks for refund. Offer good only in the United States. We will not share your personal information with others.

Member Summary

cremo
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I have used this for around a year, and got the free coupon off the product before. I REALLY like it. it lasts a LONG time... because you only use like a thumbnail size dab. Green!

I haven't had a chance to try it yet so it's good to hear from someone who's used the product. Glad you like it!

N 4 1 of each, thanks OP.

cant beat FREE...picked up the last two at my Walgreen's....thanks OP.

I have also been using this for about a year--- the CVS stores here in PA stock it, and it routinely has a "Try Me Free" rebate tag attached to it where I shop. Have grown to really like it, really protects my skin from irritation while permitting a terrifically close shave (FYI I use the Schick Hydro-5). I shave in the shower, and I find I have to use a wet washcloth to remove the last of it from my skin after shaving; it really sticks to the skin, such that simply rinsing my face in the shower takes too long to remove it all. And, it has a faint but non-offensive smell it leaves behind. But I don't count either of those things as a significant criticism.

When the rebate check arrives, it comes with some "coupons" that you can give to your friends, entitling them to the same free-after-rebate deal. Useful only if the tubes they purchase fail to have the try-me-free tag attached.

So far the only product I've found that comes close to this is the Maca Root Shave Cream from The Body Shop. That product is overpriced at $16, although if you lurk and wait for a sale, or use discounted vouchers as described here, and/or are willing to buy several tubs of it at once during the B1G1 sales, you can get the cost down to around half-price---about equal to the Cremo, basically. The Maca Root is somewhat less easily dispensed, since you have to scoop it out of a wide-mouthed, cold cream-style tub after removing the screw-top lid---kinda a hassle in the shower.

As others have noted, the Cremo tube does last awhile, maybe 5-6 weeks in my case. I probably use more than I should.

edit: after going to the store and reading the terms of the rebate of the cream, it looks like using the RR may ruin the rebate. it says the rebate is with any coupons or discounts. if the cream is the only thing on the receipt, i doubt it will work now.

Grab the Green Tea Fat Burner before buying this, which will give you $7 in RR to put towards the shave cream. 2 products for free, and $1 less oop while waiting for the rebate.

Applied Nutrition Green Tea Fat Burner, 40 ct $7.00, sale price through 3/23
Buy 1, Receive $7.00 Register Reward through 3/23
Use $1.00/1 Applied Nutrition Supplements from Walgreens Vitamins and Supplements Book (exp 5/1)
Pay $6.00, Receive $7.00 Register Reward
Final Price: $1.00 Moneymaker

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014