• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I just noticed on my Justforu "Coupon center":
"$15 OFF $100
Visa Gift Cards
Buy 2 $50 Visa Gift Cards, save $15 instantly."
expires 4/2/2013

The activation fee is usually $4.95-5.95, so a profit of $5.10-$3.10 depending on the cards at your store.

Remember to add it ASAP in-case they remove it.

Last time they had a similar offer on a re-loadable card (I think it was $15 off $100 or more), but when you did a $200 card, it took $30 off! If someone is brave, maybe try purchasing 4 cards for $30 back! YMMV big time!

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:

I Googled for the fee and it looks like it is $5.95 on a $50 Vanilla visa gift card, so this will be a $3.10 MM...not much but still $3 free:

There is an initial activation fee associated with the card. For example, a $25 card will have an activation fee of $4.95, a $50 card has a $5.95 fee and a $100 card has a $6.95 fee.

The coupon is listed in the coupon center under special offers.

I donít see it, but maybe it will show up for me tomorrow. (Chicago area Dominicks; weekly sales period starts new on Thursdays, not Wednesdays.)

MrVietnam said:   I Googled for the fee and it looks like it is $5.95 on a $50 Vanilla visa gift card, so this will be a $3.10 MM...not much but still $3 free:

There is an initial activation fee associated with the card. For example, a $25 card will have an activation fee of $4.95, a $50 card has a $5.95 fee and a $100 card has a $6.95 fee.

I've seen both in stores, so YMMV, but I'm sure the cheaper ones were just old inventory.

Is this just in store only, or can i buy online, too?

Thanks,

Mark

mschroed1 said:   Is this just in store only, or can i buy online, too?

Thanks,

Mark

In store only, grocery stores don't sell gift cards online.

$50: $4.95 fee
$100: $5.95 fee
$200: $6.95 fee
$500 variable: $5.95 fee

MrVietnam said:   I Googled for the fee and it looks like it is $5.95 on a $50 Vanilla visa gift card, so this will be a $3.10 MM...not much but still $3 free:

I bought the gift cards yesterday morning and the fee actually was "only" $4.95 for the $50 card, so this turned out to be a $5.10 MM which is decent.

I did not see Vanilla Visa gift cards at the store (Vons) which evidently have the higer activation fee (and were the activation fees I quoted in my earlier post after Googling for the fees). The ones I got with the $4.95 activation fee have red packaging with a grey present picture on the front of the packaging along with a picture of a Visa gift card. Thanks OP for the free $5.

MrVietnam said:   MrVietnam said:   I Googled for the fee and it looks like it is $5.95 on a $50 Vanilla visa gift card, so this will be a $3.10 MM...not much but still $3 free:

I bought the gift cards yesterday morning and the fee actually was "only" $4.95 for the $50 card, so this turned out to be a $5.10 MM which is decent.

I did not see Vanilla Visa gift cards at the store (Vons) which evidently have the higer activation fee (and were the activation fees I quoted in my earlier post after Googling for the fees). The ones I got with the $4.95 activation fee have red packaging with a grey present picture on the front of the packaging along with a picture of a Visa gift card. Thanks OP for the free $5.

Will the activation fee be taken off from the $50 or you have to pay extra to activate the card?

sameome said:   Will the activation fee be taken off from the $50 or you have to pay extra to activate the card?

You pay extra to activate the card, then the card has a $50 value.

I'm still not seeing this when I log in to my account. But I did see a shelf tag for the offer when I was at the store last night. I thought I saw something about "mobile" on that tag... do you have to use mobile access to see this offer? I don't have a smart phone or a tablet.

yoregano said:   do you have to use mobile access to see this offer?

No. Regular browser worked fine.

so it's only 2 Visa cards per safeway club card, correct?

prikindel said:   so it's only 2 Visa cards per safeway club card, correct?

Unknown. If someone tried to buy 4 $50 cards in one transaction, please post your results. Did it take off $15 or $30?

thanks for sharing this

MrVietnam said:   prikindel said:   so it's only 2 Visa cards per safeway club card, correct?

Unknown. If someone tried to buy 4 $50 cards in one transaction, please post your results. Did it take off $15 or $30?

Didn't try that when I bought them, but asked the cashier who said it's only 2 cards per club card, so I doubt doing anything over that would fly.

ilikechickentacos said:   MrVietnam said:   prikindel said:   so it's only 2 Visa cards per safeway club card, correct?

Didn't try that when I bought them, but asked the cashier who said it's only 2 cards per club card, so I doubt doing anything over that would fly.

I think someone over at that other forum (SD) said they bought four cards but only received $15, FWIW.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014