• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Per an email sent out to stores:

* Beginning 4/28, Green Bag Tag balances will no longer appear on the customer's receipt.

* When Green Bag Tag program participants scan their Green Bag Tag, between 4/28-5/31, they will instantly receive a one-time $2 ExtraBucks Rewards coupon. The coupon will read:

"We're sorry but our Green Bag Tag program has ended. Please accept these Extrabucks Rewards for your past participation. Your tag is recyclable."

* Starting the week of 6/2, if the Green Bag Tag is scanned, you will receive an "Item may not be sold" message.

Member Summary

CVS Ends Green Bag Tag Program
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

sad day....

Idiots on SD going nuts about OP posting this. "Waaahhhh, we already knew about this waaaahhhhh, you are trolling for reps." What a bunch of losers. Not everyone lives in the Drugstore and grocery forms, get a life, losers.

Thanks OP

vrb747 said:   Idiots on SD going nuts about OP posting this. "Waaahhhh, we already knew about this waaaahhhhh, you are trolling for reps." What a bunch of losers. Not everyone lives in the Drugstore and grocery forms, get a life, losers.

Thanks OP

I know, they are a bunch of losers. Given this program has been going now for about 4-5 years, to just bury the info in a weekly thread and expect everyone to know about it is absurd. thnx vrb.

MISTERCHEAP said:   vrb747 said:   Idiots on SD going nuts about OP posting this. "Waaahhhh, we already knew about this waaaahhhhh, you are trolling for reps." What a bunch of losers. Not everyone lives in the Drugstore and grocery forms, get a life, losers.

Thanks OP

I know, they are a bunch of losers. Given this program has been going now for about 4-5 years, to just bury the info in a weekly thread and expect everyone to know about it is absurd. thnx vrb.

This "rydergal" used to be so much friendlier, she is a total snob now. If someone mentions a coupon or deal after someone has posted it once, the CVS thread regulars pounce on the poor poster and start an internet fight . Mods have to step in time and again. These CVS thread folks seem to have a bit too much time on their hands.

My GF is on the SD Drugstore forum and looks at the CVS threads several times a day. Even she was unaware that CVS was ending the green bag tag program. Its hard to keep track of every deal/ bit of news, especially when the regulars make it very unpleasant for anyone who dares to mention a deal for the second time. Unless of course you read every post on the thread, and really, not many folks have time to do that. Some of us actually have jobs and a life.

I guess its best to just ignore these idiots, thanks for posting the HU, really appreciate it and Im sure many others do, going by how many folks rated your thread as positive over at SD (Im sure only 10% of the folks that actually find useful info in a thread bother to hit the thumbs up button).

vrb747 said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   vrb747 said:   Idiots on SD going nuts about OP posting this. "Waaahhhh, we already knew about this waaaahhhhh, you are trolling for reps." What a bunch of losers. Not everyone lives in the Drugstore and grocery forms, get a life, losers.

Thanks OP

This "rydergal" used to be so much friendlier, she is a total snob now. If someone mentions a coupon or deal after someone has posted it once, the CVS thread regulars pounce on the poor poster and start an internet fight . Mods have to step in time and again. These CVS thread folks seem to have a bit too much time on their hands.

My GF is on the SD Drugstore forum and looks at the CVS threads several times a day. Even she was unaware that CVS was ending the green bag tag program. Its hard to keep track of every deal/ bit of news, especially when the regulars make it very unpleasant for anyone who dares to mention a deal for the second time. Unless of course you read every post on the thread, and really, not many folks have time to do that. Some of us actually have jobs and a life.

I guess its best to just ignore these idiots, thanks for posting the HU, really appreciate it and Im sure many others do, going by how many folks rated your thread as positive over at SD (Im sure only 10% of the folks that actually find useful info in a thread bother to hit the thumbs up button).

oh, I've dealt with this before. They also have a fit if you post a blazing hot deal for CVS or Wags in Hot Deals screaming and yelling that "we already buried it in the weekly thread, it's a repost". Of course the mods ignore them. They think everything is creditable back to them, even if you got the info elsewhere and had the presence of mind to share it on the HD forum.

Reg036 has usually been cool, as has some of the older ones like Amit19. Not sure why Rydergal has a bug up her CVS orafice......it's all so silly in the grand scheme of things how they carry on.

reports from SD,

the $2ecb has a 7 day expiration, so be sure to use it right away!

No wonder the receipt from a purchase yesterday didn't print out the greentag count and didn't generate a $1 ECB since that would be the 4th scan.

Given I've net at least 15-20 ECB from using the Green Tag, it's hard to complain. It's a matter of time CVS realizes it's bleeding profits.

mmyk72 said:   Given I've net at least 15-20 ECB from using the Green Tag, it's hard to complain. It's a matter of time CVS realizes it's bleeding profits.I was over 100 scans on one of my cards. On the bright side, I no longer need to worry about bringing my canvas bag with me when I go to CVS.

billrubin said:   mmyk72 said:   Given I've net at least 15-20 ECB from using the Green Tag, it's hard to complain. It's a matter of time CVS realizes it's bleeding profits.I was over 100 scans on one of my cards. At the bright side, I no longer need to worry about bringing my canvas bag with me when I go to CVS.

How sad. I will still bring my canvas bag, but I don't have to worry about bringing the one with the tag on.

All good things come to an end... Enjoy the good things while they are there and when they are gone, at least you took advantage of them. We will miss the 25cents each visit, BUT gee, not something to cry over. ALL couponing is on a downhill slide. We will just have to look harder and try harder.

Just another challenge to keep us on our toes. AND - a big thanks to all of the helpful people on FatWallet. Don't know what I would do without you. And to the pity partiers - grow up.....

sandijohn said:   All good things come to an end... Enjoy the good things while they are there and when they are gone, at least you took advantage of them. We will miss the 25cents each visit, BUT gee, not something to cry over. ALL couponing is on a downhill slide. We will just have to look harder and try harder.
It is unfortunate, since there might have been times when something wasn't really worth buying because there was sales tax involved, but the green bag scan made it worth doing./

I got around $40 from this promotion. It really motivated me to bring in my reusable bag (I am always forgetting them in the house or car) so this kept about 160 bags from going to the plastic bag graveyard under my kitchen sink. RIP green bag tag program!!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.