• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Worst Supermarkets
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Pathmark is the worst supermarket in America?
Don't think so

igost said:   Pathmark is the worst supermarket in America?
Don't think so

it was based on shopper voting, of course one store you shop at may be better than the chain overall.

I can't say it's the worst, but I can say I do think they've gone downhill since A&P took them over. They were a far better chain in the days of ownership by Supermarkets General.

About 75 percent of those are East coast only... I'm thinking there might be some selection bias there

ughh, I hate these "articles" that require you to click through 12 different pages to get the list. Talk about pumping up their ad displays.

igost said:   Pathmark is the worst supermarket in America?
Don't think so

I agree ... If walmartz doesn't get 2 B #1 ... then there needs 2 B a recount !!

peste386 said:   ughh, I hate these "articles" that require you to click through 12 different pages to get the list. Talk about pumping up their ad displays.

'cuz itz a slideshow ... what only sux is that you can't print the article as a whole at the end (w/out the comments), only page by page.

I liked having each store separated, because each set of comments was to a particular store, so you didn't have to wade thru 500 that didn't actually pertain to your store.

Two of these are in my area: Food Lion (a.k.a. Harvey's) and the WalMart Supercenter. No shock whatsoever on either count.

I realize it's fun to hate WM, but still. My WM Supercenter in suburban Chicago is clean, well-stocked, and, as expected, has generally lower prices on an everyday basis than most competitors. To each his own.

yoregano said:   I realize it's fun to hate WM, but still. My WM Supercenter in suburban Chicago is clean, well-stocked, and, as expected, has generally lower prices on an everyday basis than most competitors. To each his own.

Actually not fun ... just a normal reaction ... unless you're a masochist.

Fortunately, I can almost always beat walmartsux "low price". Don't really want to talk about the quality of their meat / dept or their "fresh" fruit and vegetables. It used to be good for something that was needed late at nite or early AM ... but no more ... all the stores close at 12PM now.

It is actually the closest store to me ... and ... not only because of the above mentioned ... CSRs & MGMT make walmartsux "Where Shopping is DEFINITELY NOT a Pleasure", I make it a point to shop elsewhere.

No, certainly not a masochist. Just a frugal bargain-hunter who appreciates both cheap prices and convenience. I'm sure that there are lousy stores out there, I'm saying that the global panning of WM stores is too generalized.

My vote for worst grocery store chain is the long-defunct Eagle. They were the only grocery in the Chicago area that doubled coupons, which is about the only reason I shopped there, but my store was small, dingy, had expired products all the time, and the employees were some of the most surly and disgruntled people I ever met. Though maybe some of that poor attitude was due to them seeing the writing on the wall.

yoregano said:   etc etc ...My vote for worst grocery store chain is the long-defunct Eagle. They were the only grocery in the Chicago area that doubled coupons, ... and the employees were some of the most surly and disgruntled people I ever met. Though maybe some of that poor attitude was due to them seeing the writing on the wall.

Interesting you picked them ... walmartsux is probably the one store that put the nail in the coffin for their bankruptcy ... but before that ... they had union difficulties ... which walmartsux might be ...

but you are right ... there can be exceptions ... only with them ... all the stores in a "U" I've been in from east to west and north to south - all sucked unless they happened to be in a small friendly town ... and it is cheaper ... not thanx to walmartsux ... but to the exploitation of the chinese people and their cheap and/or inexpensive and "sometimes" crappy products that are accepted because of the "initial" "reduced" cost.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014