Kroger buys Harris Teeter grocery chains for $2.4B

Archived From: Grocery Coupons & Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

They bought Fry's here over a decade ago and didn't hurt them, except for the donuts (became Smith's donuts).

I think of Harris Teeter as being a bit nicer/upscale than most Krogers. But the newest Fry's I have was in (in AZ) was nicer than both HT or Kroger's.

Kroger's knows what they are doing I am sure.

Better than safeway buying the stores. Did a number on local markets in PA (Genuardi) such that Acme was better, that's saying a lot. Kroger runs Ralph's in CA nicely and a huge Fry's Electronics nearby, seemingly autonomously.

snork615 said:    Kroger runs Ralph's in CA nicely and a huge Fry's Electronics nearby, seemingly autonomously.

Fry's Food Stores and Fry's Electronics aren't connected in any way (except each built by heirs of Charles Fry)

I was actually surprised by this. if you look at the store locations by state on a map, Krogers basically surrounds the 6 states HT is in. Gonna make it hard for either chain to expand as they would be going into each others markets.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014