• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
New eBay Coupon sellers policy!!!!

Updates to the manufacturer’s coupon policy—be sure your listings comply
eBay [eBay.com]

We're writing to let you know that as of today, updates to eBay's manufacturer's coupon policy take effect and may impact your listings:
Sellers can only sell up to a maximum of $100 value in coupons or 25 valid, unexpired, original coupons per month, whichever limit is reached first. (The 25 coupons limit includes multiple coupons purchased from a multi-quantity listing.)
Coupons for "free" products-including coupons where the coupon holder buys some quantity of items at one price and gets some number of items for free, for example, "buy-get-one-free" offers, or offers for free shipping-may no longer be sold on eBay.

Starting September 1, 2013, listings for these coupons that don't comply with these policy changes will be removed. After September 1, listings in violation of this policy may be subject to a range of other actions, including restrictions of buying and selling privileges and a suspension of your account.
Please be sure to review all the terms of the updated policy now and review the terms printed on the coupon carefully before you list it to ensure compliance.
As always, thank you for selling on eBay!
eBay Selling Team

Member Summary
http://www.ecrater.com Coupon site

So everyone understands the severity of this:

Sellers will NO LONGER BE ABLE TO SELL any coupon that is BOGO, get a free shampoo when you buy a conditioner, etc.

If a seller lists 20 $5 off 2 Schick Razor Coupons ($100 in value), THAT IS ALL they can list for the month!

This policy SUCKS big time and I strongly urge all FW'ers to start lining up alternate means for buying coupons.

MC

File this under "The sky is falling."

qube said:   File this under "The sky is falling."

pretty much, in the world of maximizing drug/grocery deals, the lack of access to easy coupon purchases is a huge handicap.

E-junkie

as if they haven't dodged the rules for years with the "you're just paying for time and postage"

there are so many fake "free" coupons that i'm glad they are doing something about it. unfortunately they are not just limiting certain coupons but making all coupons harder to obtain. i know some people order coupons on eBay, but i rarely do. i think maybe once or twice a year is all.

pecanpie said:   there are so many fake "free" coupons that i'm glad they are doing something about it. unfortunately they are not just limiting certain coupons but making all coupons harder to obtain. i know some people order coupons on eBay, but i rarely do. i think maybe once or twice a year is all.

Pecan,

I'd have no problem if they banned the sale of "FREE" NO PURCHASE required coupons, many of which are bogus. But they are throwing the baby out with the bath water here.

Setting a limit of 25 coupons OR $100 max value per month is arbitrary and absurd. Most lots on eBay are for 10 or 20 q's, and with HBA product coupons often in the $5 value range per item, you can see that they are trying to shut down EVERY SINGLE legitimate mom/pop coupon seller on the bay. With these guidelines, they might as well have just prohibted it all together.

Also, this will affect more than grocery coupons, you can kiss Beer and Free Mail In Rebate forms, discount coupons for theme parks, travel, etc, restaurant/dining and a whole host of other 'coupons" that were sold on eBay. Believe me, it won't be the end, sellers will find ways to sell their stuff, but in the short term it does make it very hard on some of these sellers to eek out the small business on eBay they had grown accumstomed to.

MC

lordoffire said:   as if they haven't dodged the rules for years with the "you're just paying for time and postage"

oh please, the wording on coupons that they can't be sold or transferred is dumb. If I buy my Sunday paper and hand you the inserts cause I have no use for them, haven't I dodged the rules too? Aren't they being "sold" as part of the Sunday paper, I didn't think you could charge for coupons.

MISTERCHEAP said:   lordoffire said:   as if they haven't dodged the rules for years with the "you're just paying for time and postage"

oh please, the wording on coupons that they can't be sold or transferred is dumb. If I buy my Sunday paper and hand you the inserts cause I have no use for them, haven't I dodged the rules too? Aren't they being "sold" as part of the Sunday paper, I didn't think you could charge for coupons.

Just like video games.. . "Can not be lent, traded, etc... to someone or resold" or something stupid like that.

This is really disappointing ... I have saved a TON of money on my most frequent purchases buying coupons on eBay. Hopefully the sellers migrate somewhere else and find a way to let people know.

I'd love to understand (and I realize we never will) what led to eBay making this decision. They're making money on all these sales (not a lot, but there is quantity involved) ... are the manufacturer's threatening legal action or something like that? I can understand outright free coupons being banned ... but B1G1? And the arbitrary amounts for whats considered valid for sellers is just weird too.

eBay drives me nuts both as a buyer and a (infrequent) seller ... I wish there was a valid competitor out there to really shake things up (I dont view Craigslist as a valid alternative myself).

MISTERCHEAP said:   pecanpie said:   there are so many fake "free" coupons that i'm glad they are doing something about it. unfortunately they are not just limiting certain coupons but making all coupons harder to obtain. i know some people order coupons on eBay, but i rarely do. i think maybe once or twice a year is all.

Pecan,

I'd have no problem if they banned the sale of "FREE" NO PURCHASE required coupons, many of which are bogus. But they are throwing the baby out with the bath water here.

Setting a limit of 25 coupons OR $100 max value per month is arbitrary and absurd. Most lots on eBay are for 10 or 20 q's, and with HBA product coupons often in the $5 value range per item, you can see that they are trying to shut down EVERY SINGLE legitimate mom/pop coupon seller on the bay. With these guidelines, they might as well have just prohibted it all together.

Also, this will affect more than grocery coupons, you can kiss Beer and Free Mail In Rebate forms, discount coupons for theme parks, travel, etc, restaurant/dining and a whole host of other 'coupons" that were sold on eBay. Believe me, it won't be the end, sellers will find ways to sell their stuff, but in the short term it does make it very hard on some of these sellers to eek out the small business on eBay they had grown accumstomed to.

MC

i would have liked to see a ban on the free w/ no purchase coupons, printables, wine tags, tear pads, stickies, and coupon machine coupons. it pisses me off that people around here take whole tearpads and even coupons stuck to products to sell on eBay. how is it that people think this is okay?

i have no problem with anyone selling clipped coupons though.

pecanpie said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   pecanpie said:   there are so many fake "free" coupons that i'm glad they are doing something about it. unfortunately they are not just limiting certain coupons but making all coupons harder to obtain. i know some people order coupons on eBay, but i rarely do. i think maybe once or twice a year is all.

Pecan,

MC

i would have liked to see a ban on the free w/ no purchase coupons, printables, wine tags, tear pads, stickies, and coupon machine coupons. it pisses me off that people around here take whole tearpads and even coupons stuck to products to sell on eBay. how is it that people think this is okay?

i have no problem with anyone selling clipped coupons though.

Pecan, I do buy the No Beer Purhcase Rebates on occassion, I simply can't find them around here in my area. I realize some people are "pigs" walk into a store and take the whole tear pad displays, all the "blinkie" coupons, etc. I've read a lot of comments (mostly on SD) that many people who buy q's online live out in more rural/smaller city areas where their Sunday papers have limited/if any coupon inserts. Without eBay, they have no means to acquire them. That's how I view the beer rebates.

So for purely selfish reasons, I would be dismayed if the beer rebates disappeared, however I have no problem with limiting the sticky/blinkie coupons. But again, you can create so many sub-categories where enforcement by eBay would get very time consuming and difficult.

How many times are you going to post this?

I bet the only way coupon sellers make any money selling coupons is by printing fake ones. Spend some time getting a real job.

qube said:   How many times are you going to post this?

at least 250.

so what will the new coupon auction site be? couponfriends.com, cheapbay.com? couponflunkie.com?

eBay is changing many of their policies and are ruining the business. They won't allow me to sell items I purchased at a store or clearance because I don't have proof of purchase. They are now requiring you to keep receipts of items purchased at a store to sell on eBay. Now I am locked out of eBay.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014