Spicy Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Archived From: Grocery Coupons & Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I found out about this deal on another deal site. Apparently this company makes really good olive oil, and they have it on sale. People in the other thread discussed an expiration date that is in about 2 months (which is probably why it is on sale). I bought an extra spicy one and I think it is very freaking awesome, and there is still plenty of time to use it up. Below is just a copy and paste from the post on that other site:

"California Olive Oil is on sale at Amazon, not many left.There is a brand called Plato's Olive Oil that sells on Amazon, and they have put their products on sale:

Habanero EVOO 375mL 5.99 [amazon.com]
Habanero EVOO 750 mL 10.99 [amazon.com]
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (No Flavor) 750mL 14.99 [amazon.com]

I think this brand's regular EVOO is better than California Olive Ranch (which used to be the best brand that was available to me), so I think this is a good deal for anyone who likes quality olive oil.

I've tried the habanero ones, the normal one is mildy spicy and it is great on eggs. The extra spicy one is too hot for me, and that one doesn't seem to be on sale anyway.

Free super saver shipping over $25 or Prime.

EDIT: They put the extra spicy one on sale, too: Extra Spicy 375mL for $5.99 [amazon.com]

I've been checking this once in a while, it seems they are dropping the prices even more (updated). I have gotten my order and they're marked as "Best before October 15 2013" - so maybe they are trying to get rid of their stock for the year.

I would suggest buying 1 or 2 bottles only since you may not be able to use it all this year."

Member Summary

Spicy Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thank you! For OO fans, in general good OO is in a dark bottle ( never clear) and is a dark green ( never yellow) color. I have yet to figure out how to tell what color an OO is if its in a dark bottle and I haven't bought it before. Anyway, I digress. Thank you to ChefDude 617 ( does that mean you're here in Boston?) for a nice looking deal.

I am in Boston, and this oil is dark green

This stuff is really awesome, actually. I use it on salad all the time, and it goes really really well on french bread.

ChefDude617 said:   I am in Boston, and this oil is dark green
looks like the regular olive oil sold out! I've been wanting a nice dark green flavor to try, is the spicy kind good?

ChefDude617 said:   I found out about this deal on another deal site. Apparently this company makes really good olive oil, and they have it on sale. People in the other thread discussed an expiration date that is in about 2 months (which is probably why it is on sale). I bought an extra spicy one and I think it is very freaking awesome, and there is still plenty of time to use it up. Below is just a copy and paste from the post on that other site:

"California Olive Oil is on sale at Amazon, not many left.There is a brand called Plato's Olive Oil that sells on Amazon, and they have put their products on sale:

Habanero EVOO 375mL 5.99 [amazon.com]
Habanero EVOO 750 mL 10.99 [amazon.com]
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (No Flavor) 750mL 14.99 [amazon.com]

I think this brand's regular EVOO is better than California Olive Ranch (which used to be the best brand that was available to me), so I think this is a good deal for anyone who likes quality olive oil.

I've tried the habanero ones, the normal one is mildy spicy and it is great on eggs. The extra spicy one is too hot for me, and that one doesn't seem to be on sale anyway.

Free super saver shipping over $25 or Prime.

EDIT: They put the extra spicy one on sale, too: Extra Spicy 375mL for $5.99 [amazon.com]

I've been checking this once in a while, it seems they are dropping the prices even more (updated). I have gotten my order and they're marked as "Best before October 15 2013" - so maybe they are trying to get rid of their stock for the year.

I would suggest buying 1 or 2 bottles only since you may not be able to use it all this year."

I can't seem to update, but the raw extra virgin olive oil is sold out now, but the others are still in stock. The prices changed for the smaller bottles, they are $6.99 now.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014