redeeming Target Cartwheel offers without a phone

Archived From: Grocery Coupons & Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Target Cartwheel : A whole new spin on coupons
Disclaimer
For those who have never used it before, you do not have to have a phone in order to receive/use discounts through Target's "Cartwheel" program.
You will however need an extra facebook account. (Go make one for your cat or something....)
Once you add the discount(s) to your account, you can print off a copy to take into the store with you and have scanned at checkout.

1. Visit http://cartwheel.target.com/  

2. Click "sign in with facebook". FYI, you need to have popups allowed for the FB prompt to show up. And it helps if you are already logged in to the FB account.

3. Click "okay" twice. Again, use an extra account to avoid the privacy issues.

4. Once logged in, use the search bar or click browse. You can sort by clicking on "all categories".

5. Click the discount you'd like to select, then hit "add".

6. To print out the offer(s), you need to click where it says "print barcode" at the top of the page.
lordoffire said:   You can still get to the link by going to https://cartwheel-secure.target.com/barcodeprint
the link is now listed under "redeem in store" on the "my cartwheel page"; IE. click on the shopping cart and the button is on the right hand side

7. Click where it says "print" on the page that comes up and you're good to go.

If you are not aware:
-there are limits to the number of items the discount(s) can be applied to each order, usually 4 per discount, it's listed on the barcode page
-it is not a one time thing...you can redeem the same discounts up to 6 times per day (scan the same page), they would just have to be in separate transactions
-if you do have multiple offers selected, it will automatically apply them all at the same time (when scanned)
-technically you don't have to print off another barcode each time you add offers to your account, it's the same barcode....it just identifies the account
-you can only scan one barcode per transaction; IE. cannot use discounts from more than one cartwheel account in the same order
-you can use one MFC, one target coupon, and one cartwheel offer for each item
-the percentage discount is taken AFTER THE TARGET COUPONS and BEFORE THE MANUFACTURER COUPONS
-there is a limit to the number of offers you can have attached to each account at one time, 10 to start out, but you can increase it just by using it (click on the circles https://cartwheel-secure.target.com/milestone  )

Member Summary

Thanks lordoffire
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

lordoffire said:   For those who have never used it before, you do not have to have a phone in order to receive/use discounts through Target's "Cartwheel" program.
You will however need an extra facebook account. (Go make one for your cat or something....)
Once you add the discount(s) to your account, you can print off a copy to take into the store with you and have scanned at checkout.

1. Visit http://cartwheel.target.com/  

2. Click "sign in with facebook". FYI, you need to have popups allowed for the FB prompt to show up. And it helps if you are already logged in to the FB account.

3. Click "okay" twice. Again, use an extra account to avoid the privacy issues.

4. Once logged in, use the search bar or click browse. You can sort by clicking on "all categories".

5. Click the discount you'd like to select, then hit "add".

6. To print out the offer(s), you need to click where it says "print barcode" at the top of the page.

7. Click where it says "print" on the page that comes up and you're good to go.

If you are not aware:
-there are limits to the number of items the discount(s) can be applied to each order, usually 4 per discount, it's listed on the barcode page
-it is not a one time thing...you can redeem the same discounts up to 6 times per day (scan the same page), they would just have to be in separate transactions
-if you do have multiple offers selected, it will automatically apply them all at the same time (when scanned)
-technically you don't have to print off another barcode each time you add offers to your account, it's the same barcode....it just identifies the account
-you can only scan one barcode per transaction; IE. cannot use discounts from more than one cartwheel account in the same order
-you can use one MFC, one target coupon, and one cartwheel offer for each item
-the percentage discount is taken AFTER THE TARGET COUPONS and BEFORE THE MANUFACTURER COUPONS
-there is a limit to the number of offers you can have attached to each account at one time, 10 to start out, but you can increase it just by using it (click on the circles https://cartwheel-secure.target.com/milestone  )

thnx much lof! good info, good instructions. thanks for sharing this.

Dear Lof,

I know this is not same topic. However, I would like to know if it is possible to use Target Mobile offer without phone just pc.

Thanks

ccbang said:   Dear Lof,

I know this is not same topic. However, I would like to know if it is possible to use Target Mobile offer without phone just pc.

Thanks

Technically, I'd say no. You still have to have a phone to sign up for the text messages, and have a "mobile offer account" link to your number.
If you mean you can sign up for the texts/etc. but cannot open the links on your phone for whatever reason, you MIGHT be able to use it if you copy the link they send and enter it into your browser on your PC. Then you can try printing it out and bringing it in (it will have a similar barcode on it).
AFAIK it's not meant to be used this way, so it would be YMMV depending on the cashier. And it would still be only usable once.

If you have a different mobile device that doesn't have service but can use wifi, you could always try pulling up the link that way and have them scan it.

Sorry, but I can't find "print barcode" on top of the page. Any tips?

sameome said:   Sorry, but I can't find "print barcode" on top of the page. Any tips?
  That's really odd. It looks like they might have removed it. Will check on another computer later.

You can still get to the link by going to https://cartwheel-secure.target.com/barcodeprint
the link is now listed under "redeem in store" on the "my cartwheel page"; IE. click on the shopping cart and the button is on the right hand side

Just an fyi from my experience. When I asked about using the printed version of the mobile coupon I was told at stores in more than 3 states that as long as it scans then I can use it without bringing in a phone. Have had no hassles ( consider that a miracle ) and is nice to be able to use my husbands coupons or vice versa without both of us being there. Have done more that 12 times as well as some from a few friends that weren't using them.

tsops said:   Just an fyi from my experience. When I asked about using the printed version of the mobile coupon I was told at stores in more than 3 states that as long as it scans then I can use it without bringing in a phone. Have had no hassles ( consider that a miracle ) and is nice to be able to use my husbands coupons or vice versa without both of us being there. Have done more that 12 times as well as some from a few friends that weren't using them.
  Printing is always an option---there should never be an issue. If the code does not scan, the cashier can (should) enter it manually.

One more step - Log out of FB. That way they arent tracking every damn thing you do.

JaxFL said:   One more step - Log out of FB. That way they arent tracking every damn thing you do.
  I will place emphasis on the point about the cat again.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014