$2/1 Lindt Product (3.5 oz. or greater) - FB

Archived From: Grocery Coupons & Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
SlamminMOFO said:   
MelissaAnne said:   Why do I keep printing these coupons.... I'm allergic to chocolate! lol I'll give the chocolate to boyfriend's sisters or something.
  Are you allergic to white chocolate also?  If not, Lindt white chocoloate is one of the best white chocolates I have ever tasted.  I'm not a big fan of it myself but I can tolerate this brand.

lol yes, I'm allergic to cocoa

MelissaAnne said:   
SlamminMOFO said:   
MelissaAnne said:   Why do I keep printing these coupons.... I'm allergic to chocolate! lol I'll give the chocolate to boyfriend's sisters or something.
  Are you allergic to white chocolate also?  If not, Lindt white chocoloate is one of the best white chocolates I have ever tasted.  I'm not a big fan of it myself but I can tolerate this brand.

lol yes, I'm allergic to cocoa

Well the reason I asked is that a lot of white chocolate has no cocoa... even though it's called chocolate.  I do see that Lindt does include cocoa butter though

• Sugar, cocoa butter, milk ingredients, coconut oil, palm kernel oil, palm oil, soya lecithin, artificial flavour.
  •  May contain traces of peanuts, hazelnuts and almonds.

my4mainecoons said:   
NantucketSunrise said:   Didn't know about the 2 choc companies' being 1! That's interesting. There were so many more Gh. choices on the shelf than Lindt choices at my local Walgreen's, but I didn't know I could choose from them too.
The coupon scanning on Ghiradelli doesn't have anything to do w/ the companies having same ownership.
The Lindt coupon is coded 992 which means it will scan on anything at RA. 
eg.  Buy toothpaste and Lindt bar, ring up tp first then Lindt.  Coupons for both but cashier scans Lindt coupon first. 
The toothpaste coupon will then beep "no matching item" because the Lindt attached to the first item found w/o a coupon attached, the toothpaste. 
So when toothpaste coupon gets scanned it beeps "no matching item" because toothpaste already has a coupon attached to it, the Lindt coupon.
In the example below the Lindt attached to the first item found w/o a coupon: Ghiradelli bars.
To avoid beeps I always hand over Lindt coupon last so other coupons attach properly. 
Many Visine coupons are also 992.
When coupons had traditional UPC codes you would see the 992 in the numbers but w/ the newer bar codes you learn something is coded that way because something beeps and shouldn't have.  If you then examine your receipt you'll find something attached to something it should not have attached to.

As far as I can understand what was explained in the quote just above, that does not seem to be the way it worked today at a Walgreen's in my town -- 

The system would NOT take the Lindt coupon on Ghiradelli bars -- which were the same size (3.5 oz) as stated on receipt.  The cashier, who, bless her, wanted it to work for me, tried 3 ways (cancelling the transaction 3 times and starting again with a different strategy) and also called the manager over - he approved the idea of it, if she could get the system to take it, but the system would not take it.

As part of my order, I was buying 3 Lindt bars and 1 Ghiradelli bar - the cash register had no problem accepting the coupon on the 3 Lindt bars, but would not accept the coupon on the Ghiradelli bar, no matter how it was rung up or in what order, etc.  We tried different types of Ghiradelli bar, thinking maybe it was just a problem with that flavor, but no go.  When I added a 4th Lindt bar, the system took all 4 Lindt coupons. 

NantucketSunrise said:   my4mainecoons said:   
NantucketSunrise said:   Didn't know about the 2 choc companies' being 1! That's interesting. There were so many more Gh. choices on the shelf than Lindt choices at my local Walgreen's, but I didn't know I could choose from them too.
The coupon scanning on Ghiradelli doesn't have anything to do w/ the companies having same ownership.
The Lindt coupon is coded 992 which means it will scan on anything at RA. 
eg.  Buy toothpaste and Lindt bar, ring up tp first then Lindt.  Coupons for both but cashier scans Lindt coupon first. 
The toothpaste coupon will then beep "no matching item" because the Lindt attached to the first item found w/o a coupon attached, the toothpaste. 
So when toothpaste coupon gets scanned it beeps "no matching item" because toothpaste already has a coupon attached to it, the Lindt coupon.
In the example below the Lindt attached to the first item found w/o a coupon: Ghiradelli bars.
To avoid beeps I always hand over Lindt coupon last so other coupons attach properly. 
Many Visine coupons are also 992.
When coupons had traditional UPC codes you would see the 992 in the numbers but w/ the newer bar codes you learn something is coded that way because something beeps and shouldn't have.  If you then examine your receipt you'll find something attached to something it should not have attached to.

As far as I can understand what was explained in the quote just above, that does not seem to be the way it worked today at a Walgreen's in my town -- 

The system would NOT take the Lindt coupon on Ghiradelli bars -- which were the same size (3.5 oz) as stated on receipt.  The cashier, who, bless her, wanted it to work for me, tried 3 ways (cancelling the transaction 3 times and starting again with a different strategy) and also called the manager over - he approved the idea of it, if she could get the system to take it, but the system would not take it.

As part of my order, I was buying 3 Lindt bars and 1 Ghiradelli bar - the cash register had no problem accepting the coupon on the 3 Lindt bars, but would not accept the coupon on the Ghiradelli bar, no matter how it was rung up or in what order, etc.  We tried different types of Ghiradelli bar, thinking maybe it was just a problem with that flavor, but no go.  When I added a 4th Lindt bar, the system took all 4 Lindt coupons. 

Interesting ... guess this is a "YMMV" deal then.

NantucketSunrise said:    

I bought four 3.5 oz Ghiradelli bars with 4 Lindt coupons in one transaction at WAGS on Monday without any problem. After coupons, the total was $0.00.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014