• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
imanemokid said:   
SlamminMOFO said:   Has anybody tried purchasing the Ghiardelli bars with this coupon?  If so, did you have any issues and/or did you have to explain to them that they are the same company?
  took 'em at Walgreenz and walmartsux for me

also for zipz and page layout you can use

coupons.allyou.com/couponweb/
or
coupons.WalMart.com

I think you quoted the wrong message.

SlamminMOFO said:   
imanemokid said:   
SlamminMOFO said:   Has anybody tried purchasing the Ghiardelli bars with this coupon?  If so, did you have any issues and/or did you have to explain to them that they are the same company?
  took 'em at Walgreenz and walmartsux for me ( will add no issues but did explain company hierarchy to wms cashier))
also for zipz and page layout you can use coupons.allyou.com/couponweb/ or coupons.WalMart.com

no ... the first line was for your question (and added no issues)  ... the second+ for a previously asked question for those that read the whole thread

imanemokid said:   
SlamminMOFO said:   
imanemokid said:   
also for zipz and page layout you can use coupons.allyou.com/couponweb/ or coupons.WalMart.com

no ... the first line was for your question ... the second+ for a previous asked question for those that read the whole thread

My question was whether or not they took the Q's for Ghiardelli bars also.  I know the stores take the coupons for Lindt branded

SlamminMOFO said:   
imanemokid said:   
SlamminMOFO said:   
imanemokid said:   

no ... the first line was for your question ... the second+ for a previous asked question for those that read the whole thread

My question was whether or not they took the Q's for Ghiardelli bars also.  I know the stores take the coupons for Lindt branded

I would try this deal at Walgreens for Ghiardelli - it worked for me there. Heck, might work everywhere, but I can tell from experience with Walgreens, it went thru fine.

PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   
I would try this deal at Walgreens for Ghiardelli - it worked for me there. Heck, might work everywhere, but I can tell from experience with Walgreens, it went thru fine.

Thank you for the helpful, well worded, response.  Thank you MODS for removing that irrelevant information from another user.

Yes ... Thank you MODS for removing that irrelevant information from another user.

picked up 4 @ Walgreens yesterday for free
Will try the coupon for Ghiradelli later
Trying to make a stellar Christmas gift basket for cheap

thedbn said:   picked up 4 @ Walgreens yesterday for free

I picked up the Lindt Chili the other day... Wasn't sure how it would be but it's really cool.  tastes regular while eating it and then afterward you get a little kick of heat.

Nice, thanks for the feedback SlamminMOFO
I need to try the chili

SlamminMOFO said:   
thedbn said:   picked up 4 @ Walgreens yesterday for free

I picked up the Lindt Chili the other day... Wasn't sure how it would be but it's really cool.  tastes regular while eating it and then afterward you get a little kick of heat.

so I guess you could call it Hot Chocolate?

Found out just a few minutes ago. Lindt was/is for $1.99 all week at ShopRite. Saturday would be the last day.

aarzi said:   Found out just a few minutes ago. Lindt was/is for $1.99 all week at ShopRite. Saturday would be the last day.
  Last week (and I think this week as well), the Excellence bars were not on sale.

The week ending yesterday, the "regulars" were on sale for $1.99. This week, the Excellence are on sale for $1.79. The coupon pays for the tax and gives overage.

aarzi said:   The week ending yesterday, the "regulars" were on sale for $1.99. This week, the Excellence are on sale for $1.79. The coupon pays for the tax and gives overage.

shop rite's system usually beeps when a q is over the sales price and the cashier adjusts it down. I wouldn't bank on overage at SR on this deal. ymmv at best.

Was shopping prior to midnight. New prices had kicked in. No beeping. Each Excellence was $1.79. Some flavors were tax-free. Had 12 coupons. Took care of tax, and gave me exactly $1.00 overage.

Also last week, I used $1 coupons on 99c SteamFresh. Got the overage. No beeping. This was in Atlantic County, NJ.

Lindt bars still on sale at Publix for $2.00 til Wednesday 111313

UPDATE ...

still good as of 111813 ... actually an advantage buy ... so maybe a week or two ...

MISTERCHEAP said:   
aarzi said:   The week ending yesterday, the "regulars" were on sale for $1.99. This week, the Excellence are on sale for $1.79. The coupon pays for the tax and gives overage.
shop rite's system usually beeps when a q is over the sales price and the cashier adjusts it down. I wouldn't bank on overage at SR on this deal. ymmv at best.

Actually, in this case it is giving overage (probably because the coupons are coded 992). I got $2 for each coupon. They had a great selection, too. Bought 7 bars there.

I also got 8 bars at Rite Aid since it allowed me to cash out a bunch of +Up's (more on that in the RA thread).

Overage is because bars ring up at $2.29, then a discount of $0.50 is applied. The register is still seeing the value of the bar as being $2.29 so you should get the overage without any beeps, I bought 7 bars tonight...wish I had more print outs.

alienjedi said:   Overage is because bars ring up at $2.29, then a discount of $0.50 is applied. The register is still seeing the value of the bar as being $2.29 so you should get the overage without any beeps, I bought 7 bars tonight...wish I had more print outs.
I don't think so.I bought the Snikiddy snacks yesterday which are $1.49 less 50c Price Plus for a final price of 99c, and the 75c coupon only doubled to 99c. It's scanning at $2 for the same reason as people have been able to use it for Ghirardelli chocolate.

Unless the register treats doubling different than the base value.

billrubin said:   
alienjedi said:   Overage is because bars ring up at $2.29, then a discount of $0.50 is applied. The register is still seeing the value of the bar as being $2.29 so you should get the overage without any beeps, I bought 7 bars tonight...wish I had more print outs.
I don't think so.I bought the Snikiddy snacks yesterday which are $1.49 less 50c Price Plus for a final price of 99c, and the 75c coupon only doubled to 99c. It's scanning at $2 for the same reason as people have been able to use it for Ghirardelli chocolate.

Unless the register treats doubling different than the base value.

Does your shoprite double to full 2x or just to $0.99? I shop at two different stores, one does full value double on coupons up to $1.98 (assuming a $0.99 coupon), the other will just double value up a total savings of $0.99. I can scan my receipt which shows how they rang up as well.

alienjedi said:    Does your shoprite double to full 2x or just to $0.99? I shop at two different stores, one does full value double on coupons up to $1.98 (assuming a $0.99 coupon), the other will just double value up a total savings of $0.99. I can scan my receipt which shows how they rang up as well.

Fully doubled, of course. I wouldn't even expect the Snikiddy coupon to double if it weren't fully doubling. Also, I thought the stores that did not fully doubled did so up to $1, not 99c.

billrubin said:   
alienjedi said:    Does your shoprite double to full 2x or just to $0.99? I shop at two different stores, one does full value double on coupons up to $1.98 (assuming a $0.99 coupon), the other will just double value up a total savings of $0.99. I can scan my receipt which shows how they rang up as well.
Fully doubled, of course. I wouldn't even expect the Snikiddy coupon to double if it weren't fully doubling. Also, I thought the stores that did not fully doubled did so up to $1, not 99c.

Take the good with the bad. They doubled a 55c coupon with an additional 44c to 99c. However, they do take ACME $5 off $50 and $3 of $10 produce coupons

I used this coupon to buy Ghirardelli at Walgreens without problem but they beep at RA.

JimsEmptyWallet said:   I used this coupon to buy Ghirardelli at Walgreens without problem but they beep at RA.
Anywhere else they don't beep? ShopRite?
And the Ghirardelli bag coupons - can they be used on bars?

JimsEmptyWallet said:   I used this coupon to buy Ghirardelli at Walgreens without problem but they beep at RA.
They probably beep because they are coded 992. I know that at CVS they beep because the cashier has to enter whether it's taxable or non-taxable. Although they did not beep for the correct item at RA, so who knows.

Personally, I don't see why you just don't buy the product that they are intended for. This "Ghirardelli and Lindt are the same company and that's why it's OK" is BS. If they wanted it to work on both, they would have said so on the coupon. It isn't beeping at some stores because of the way it's coded. you could buy Hershey's chocolate or something completely unrelated and it would most likely work.

It also depends on the barcode they scan. At one Wagz both G & L bars went thru, but at another the Lindt went thru on the GS1 barcode (and would have on the 12# UPC code) but the Ghirardelli didn't on the GS1, but then she tried the 12# UPC code and that went thru.

imanemokid said:   It also depends on the barcode they scan. At one Wagz both G & L bars went thru, but at another the Lindt went thru on the GS1 barcode (and would have on the 12# UPC code) but the Ghirardelli didn't on the GS1, but then she tried the 12# UPC code and that went thru.
Right, because the 12 digit UPC is coded to work on any item.

Are these on sale anywhere this week?

aarzi said:   Are these on sale anywhere this week?
  Shoprite still, I believe.

aarzi said:   Are these on sale anywhere this week?
  and still on sale at Publix ... as an advantage buy ... so maybe a week or two ...

If anyone still have this coupon, the Target I went to have selected 3.5 oz and 4.4 oz ones for $2.01.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014