• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Through November 9th, when you purchase just one participating Gillette disposable razors package or Gillette shave product, you’ll snag a $3 Extra Care Buck. And what makes this deal really sweet is that the travel/trial size Gillette Shave Foams ARE in fact participating! Check it out…

Buy Gillette Shave Foam travel size bottle regularly priced around $1.19
Pay $1.19
Get back a $3 Ecb LIMIT 1
Final cost FREE + $1.81 Moneymaker and NO coupons needed!  

While you are at CVS, don't forget to scan your card at the red coupon machine. This week it is printing a coupon for a FREE roll of Just the Basics paper towels (a 79 cent value).

Member Summary

Gillette Shave Foam
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I am wondering how come when it's CVS, an OOS item is "sold out", but when it's Staples, it was "bought out" or hidden b... (more)

aarzi (Nov. 07, 2013 @ 5:09p) |

Here's where I think the confusion is:
CVS tracks your purchases for the quarter, and at the end of it, if you meet a spe... (more)

aarzi (Nov. 07, 2013 @ 5:16p) |

This comment is in reply to the comment directly above -- I messed up the quoting and just got rid of it --

Also, in the ... (more)

NantucketSunrise (Nov. 08, 2013 @ 1:54a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

MrVietnam said:   Through November 9th, when you purchase just one participating Gillette disposable razors package or Gillette shave product, you’ll snag a $3 Extra Care Buck. And what makes this deal really sweet is that the travel/trial size Gillette Shave Foams ARE in fact participating! Check it out…

Pay $1.19

While you are at CVS, don't forget to scan your card at the red coupon machine. This week it is printing a coupon for a FREE roll of Just the Basics paper towels (a 79 cent value).

How does the money maker work?

Do I get Cash Back?... or

Does the overage apply to other products I'm buying during same transaction?...or

Does the overage get stored on CVS card for next visit?

PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   
MrVietnam said:   Through November 9th, when you purchase just one participating Gillette disposable razors package or Gillette shave product, you’ll snag a $3 Extra Care Buck. And what makes this deal really sweet is that the travel/trial size Gillette Shave Foams ARE in fact participating! Check it out…

Pay $1.19

Does the overage apply to other products I'm buying during same transaction?...or

The $3 CVS ECB (Extra Care Bucks) will print on the receipt as a coupon to use on your next purchase when you purchase the shave foam..  Since the item is $1.19 paid with cash or ECB's from a previous deal, you essentially make $1.81.  That is where the money maker part comes from.  

SlamminMOFO said:   
PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   

Pay $1.19

The $3 CVS ECB (Extra Care Bucks) will print on the receipt as a coupon to use on your next purchase when you purchase the shave foam..  Since the item is $1.19 paid with cash or ECB's from a previous deal, you essentially make $1.81.  That is where the money maker part comes from.  

Thank you!!

PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   
SlamminMOFO said:     The $3 CVS ECB (Extra Care Bucks) will print on the receipt as a coupon to use on your next purchase when you purchase the shave foam..  Since the item is $1.19 paid with cash or ECB's from a previous deal, you essentially make $1.81.  That is where the money maker part comes from.  
  Thank you!!

I forgot to mention.... You'll also need to sign up for a CVS ECB card before the purchase (if you do not have a card yet)

SlamminMOFO said:   
PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   
SlamminMOFO said:     The $3 CVS ECB (Extra Care Bucks) will print on the receipt as a coupon to use on your next purchase when you purchase the shave foam..  Since the item is $1.19 paid with cash or ECB's from a previous deal, you essentially make $1.81.  That is where the money maker part comes from.  
  Thank you!!

I forgot to mention.... You'll also need to sign up for a CVS ECB card before the purchase (if you do not have a card yet)

And also...it will take up to 48 hours for ECBs to show up on account....

The Shave Cream deal is dead. Did it today, no ECB printed, had to get a refund.

PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   
SlamminMOFO said:   
PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   
  Thank you!!

???, this is not the case. ECB's should print out immediately on your receipt.

MISTERCHEAP said:   The Shave Cream deal is dead. Did it today, no ECB printed, had to get a refund.
  My stores must have pulled it off of the shelves early today to avoid having to give ECB's.. I went to 3 stores and all they had was the gel.  Oh well... wait for the next deal  

MISTERCHEAP said:   PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   
SlamminMOFO said:   
PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   
  Thank you!!

I tried to do this deal today...nothing showed up on my account...not even a balance of $.0. I called customer service and they told it would/could take 48 hours to show up. I am going to return product on Thursday if I don't see the ECB by then.

PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   
SlamminMOFO said:   
PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   
  Thank you!!

I tried to do this deal today...nothing showed up on my account...not even a balance of $.0. I called customer service and they told it would/could take 48 hours to show up. I am going to return product on Thursday if I don't see the ECB by then.

that's because the deal died, had nothing to do with your account.  ECB's print out for product purchases same purchase. Only exception I'm aware of is when you hit $50 increment on beauty club, the $5 (or now $10 eb for nov) prints out in a day or two.

SlamminMOFO said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   The Shave Cream deal is dead. Did it today, no ECB printed, had to get a refund.
  My stores must have pulled it off of the shelves early today to avoid having to give ECB's.. I went to 3 stores and all they had was the gel.  Oh well... wait for the next deal  

I found mine on the regular shave cream aisle, not with the travel sizes surprisingly enough. But alas, a dead deal, got zilch for my trouble.

MISTERCHEAP said:   PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   
SlamminMOFO said:   
PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   
  Thank you!!

that's because the deal died, had nothing to do with your account.  ECB's print out for product purchases same purchase. Only exception I'm aware of is when you hit $50 increment on beauty club, the $5 (or now $10 eb for nov) prints out in a day or two.

So do ECBs print out like catalina's or do they show up digitally in my account/on my card?

They print out on your register receipt and are good for a month.

Until just now (Weds morning), I had not read the later posts on this thread saying that the deal had stopped working.

Thinking it was a "live" deal, I tried to get it on Tuesday afternoon at my local CVS.

The section for the $1.19 Gillette cans was in the normal shave-cream area, not in the travel-size areas (there are about 3 of those travel-size-products areas in the store that are stocked without rhyme or reason).

However, the $1.19 can from the normal shave-cream area was out of stock. Two of the three travel-size-products areas had Gillette travel-size cans in them, and those types were priced at $1.49 and $2.49.

I decided that the $1.49 can would make it worth the effort to get the $3 Cash Back, so I took it to the till and explained to the woman that I'd read online that even the travel-size cans worked for the $3 Cash Back, and she said that I was correct (and she said that she thought that it said so in the CVS weekly ad, and began to flip through the ad to find it and prove that to me, but I told her that as long as she thought it was correct, I was happy with that and didn't need to read the fine print of the ad), so she rang the travel-size can up for me.

The register said that it was priced at $2.49, but I showed her the $1.49 price tag for that variety on the shelf in the travel-size-products area, and she accepted the can at $1.49.

However, that transaction did not get a printout for the $3 CashBack, which she ascribed to her manually changing the price of the can, so she manually took $3 off my next order (I purchased something else right away, which I'd been planning to do in any case).

I did not realize that the deal was already dead at that point, and obviously she didn't either.

---
I must say that, due to their generally-high prices and smaller selection than other shopping options I have locally, my typical visit to CVS (maybe 8 times a year) is to take advantage of some good deal or another, often advertised on FW, and usually it involves an extra 10 minutes at the checkout with some sort of manual override needed eventually because things never work out smoothly even though the cashier and I are following all the rules, but the cashiers at one CVS I visit are always nice and patient about it.  The woman today couldn't have been more helpful.

At another CVS in my town, the cashiers are surly and curt even if you go in to buy an uncomplicated, regular-price item with cash and don't even need them to put it in a bag, so obviously the customer service varies.

Yesterday I was able to get 4 free cans of the Gillette Foamy $2.99 full-size shave cream (on 4 different Extra Care cards). Even though the ECB doesn't autmatically print anymore it is still tagged on the shelf, so when the ECB doesn't print just mention it to the cashier and she will verify it and manually print you out a $3 ECB. Because there is a tag they are pretty obligated to provide you your missing ECB.

I'd say getting a manual print out is very YMMV. My understanding is a memo did go out to stores that the travel/trial sizes were an error and should not have been generating the ECB's. This is far from a given sure thing, so please don't go in expecting a printed $3 ecb if it doesn't print, you may still get shot down.

MISTERCHEAP said:   I'd say getting a manual print out is very YMMV. My understanding is a memo did go out to stores that the travel/trial sizes were an error and should not have been generating the ECB's. This is far from a given sure thing, so please don't go in expecting a printed $3 ecb if it doesn't print, you may still get shot down.
It worked for me on the full-size cans 4 times at 4 different stores, so if there was a memo I guess they either didn't get it or didn't read it.  I would have pressed my luck on the trial size but they were understandably sold out at the 4 stores I visited. On the way to work I will try for my 5th can of free shave cream. But, with that said, I do agree with you that it is a YMMV-type thing now, so I updated the OP to reflect that.

MrVietnam said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   I'd say getting a manual print out is very YMMV. My understanding is a memo did go out to stores that the travel/trial sizes were an error and should not have been generating the ECB's. This is far from a given sure thing, so please don't go in expecting a printed $3 ecb if it doesn't print, you may still get shot down.
It worked for me on the full-size cans 4 times at 4 different stores, so if there was a memo I guess they either didn't get it or didn't read it.  I would have pressed my luck on the trial size but they were understandably sold out at the 4 stores I visited. On the way to work I will try for my 5th can of free shave cream. But, with that said, I do agree with you that it is a YMMV-type thing now, so I updated the OP to reflect that.

Mr V, not talking about the full size, was referencing the trail size ($1.19 can) in my comments. I think that's the one that got "killed off" by CVS.

MISTERCHEAP said:   Mr V, not talking about the full size, was referencing the trail size ($1.19 can) in my comments. I think that's the one that got "killed off" by CVS.

The whole deal, any size, got turned off. Even the full-size cans required a manual print.

MrVietnam said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   Mr V, not talking about the full size, was referencing the trail size ($1.19 can) in my comments. I think that's the one that got "killed off" by CVS.
  The whole deal, any size, got turned off. Even the full-size cans required a manual print.

ahhh, OK, that's the part I missed here. sorry.

MrVietnam said:   I would have pressed my luck on the trial size but they were understandably sold out at the 4 stores I visited.

I am wondering how come when it's CVS, an OOS item is "sold out", but when it's Staples, it was "bought out" or hidden by those @#$% employees?

PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   So do ECBs print out like catalina's or do they show up digitally in my account/on my card?

Here's where I think the confusion is:
CVS tracks your purchases for the quarter, and at the end of it, if you meet a spend threshold, issues a "special" ECB as reward. It can take up to 48 hours for the system to update your account.
As explained by others, "regular" ECBs are kind of like Catalinas, but they print at the end of your register receipt instead of on a Cat printer. You have to manually tear them off (or use scissors if you have OCD).

This comment is in reply to the comment directly above -- I messed up the quoting and just got rid of it --

Also, in the past few months CVS has just been randomly sending directly to my card a LOT of "here's $3 in cash on any $3 purchase (so please just come in to a store and make it seem like we have customers, given our very high prices and the bad economy, even if all you do is spend 35 cents beyond the free $3)."

They email me telling me it's available, and I can choose either for them to attach it to my card for my next store visit, or let me print it out at home as a coupon to present to the cashier.

That's not called an ECB as far as I know, but it is a kind of random bit of free cash value that might show up digitally on the card and/or be printable from your home computer and/or might even print out on a strip of paper from the register (the amount of cash they try to give me seems way out of proportion to the spending that I do there -- not that I'm complaining!  I've now got enough 99-cent Hallmark cards to get me through years of family birthdays, illnesses, graduations, etc.!)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014