Rite Aid 11/24 - 11/30

Archived From: Grocery Coupons & Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
YMMV on this. but at a store I was at today up by the registers they had a shopping cart full of candy that was 75% off. They had Reeses peanut butter cups (dark chocolate) for .24 each. They also had bags of fun size Skittles (and some other candy). When I went to the register with 5 bags of Skittles they scanned as $0.00. The cashier caught it though and tried to price adjust them to .47 each (They were $1.99 regular price). She thought she was successful but when she was handing me the receipt she noticed I wasn't charged for the 5 bags of fun size Skittles. Evidently the register for some reason wouldn't allow her to price adjust the price.She called over a manager and they ended up just giving them to me for free. The manager said they shouldn't have even been out on the sales floor. It is interesting. Before when the hand lotion was ringing up as $0.00 it relied on the cashier paying attention to the screen to catch it, but now when an item rings up as $0.00 the register scans it but makes a beeping sound to alert the cashier that something may be wrong with the price.

So if you guys want to look for these bags of fun size Skittles. The weight on the bag is 10.72 ounce and the UPC number is 0 22000 12316 9. It is in a red bag.

I asked the manager why they were on sale to begin with and she said they are considered seasonal.

Found some MMs
Kiss nail dress clearanced 50%...$3.49 gets $5 up

HTHs

I received a Christmas card from Rite Aid today in an oversized white envelope. It didn't have the Rite Aid logo on the envelope. I only figured out it was from Rite Aid until after I opened the envelope. Enclosed were 4 $4.00 off when you spend $40 coupons. Each coupon was for a different week in December: Dec. 1- Dec. 7, Dec. 8 - Dec. 14, Dec. 15 - Dec. 21, and Dec. 22 - Dec. 25. Each coupon had a unique barcode.

On the outside of the card it said "MrVietnam, we have something special for you." Then on the inside it said "Our gift to you - extra savings to buy extra gifts for those you love most.: and underneath that were the four coupons.

That was a nice gesture, although I would have much preferred the Gift of Savings program they used to have a few years back where you entered your receipts and you got a $20 Rite Aid coupon once you reached $100 in spending (in the end they counted +UP usage so it was quite easy to hit $100).

Did anyone else receive this? Were your coupons $4/$40 ones elso? Too bad they are not good for the Black Friday week deal period.

EDIT: These coupons or the Catalinas you may have received at checkout can be used anytime as long as your cashier agrees. They are not coded so they must be used on the dates they say.

MrVietnam said:   I received a Christmas card from Rite Aid today in an oversized white envelope. It didn't have the Rite Aid logo on the envelope. I only figured out it was from Rite Aid until after I opened the envelope. Enclosed were 4 $4.00 off when you spend $40 coupons. Each coupon was for a different week in December: Dec. 1- Dec. 7, Dec. 8 - Dec. 14, Dec. 15 - Dec. 21, and Dec. 22 - Dec. 25. Each coupon had a unique barcode.

On the outside of the card it said "MrVietnam, we have something special for you." Then on the inside it said "Our gift to you - extra savings to buy extra gifts for those you love most.: and underneath that were the four coupons.

That was a nice gesture, although I would have much preferred the Gift of Savings program they used to have a few years back where you entered your receipts and you got a $20 Rite Aid coupon once you reached $100 in spending (in the end they counted +UP usage so it was quite easy to hit $100).

Did anyone else receive this? Were your coupons $4/$40 ones elso? Too bad they are not good for the Black Friday week deal period.

EDIT: These coupons or the Catalinas you may have received at checkout can be used anytime as long as your cashier agrees. They are not coded so they must be used on the dates they say.

Interestingly the 4/40 I received in Rite Aid's Christmas card worked exactly as I said above. At the end of the transaction, when I had about $4.50 left, the manager scanned the 4/40 and it beeped as I said it would and then I asked him if he could just enter the first 11 digits and he agreed and the $4 came off.

However, I had a much different experience at another store when I was trying to use the 4/40 CATALINA. I was in the same position. I had about $4.6-0 left and then I had her scan the 4/40 Catalina last and it did scan. I was expecting the total due to be about 50 cents, but after she scanned the Catalina my total went from $4.60 to about $10 and something. Evidently for some unknown reason when she scanned the Catalina at the end of the transaction, it scanned fine and credited me the $4 off. but the register automatically voided about $10 in +UPs in the process for some unknown reason. I had her void the Catalina off and I just paid the $4.60 due on my credit card. The manager told me that I couldn't combine that offer and use +UPs also, but if that is true why did the 4/40 from the Christmas card work without a hitch? Mayne if the cashier at the second store wouldn't have scanned the Catalina, but just entered the first 11 digits it may have went through too. Who knows.

MrVietnam said:   Interestingly the 4/40 I received in Rite Aid's Christmas card worked exactly as I said above. At the end of the transaction, when I had about $4.50 left, the manager scanned the 4/40 and it beeped as I said it would and then I asked him if he could just enter the first 11 digits and he agreed and the $4 came off.
I also received the $4/40's in the mail. I wonder if you actually need to spend $40 or if it will just work as $4 off anything. I forgot to bring one today. Have not received any Catalinas.

I almost tossed the mailing without opening it as it looked like something from a car dealership. I was very surprised to find that it was from RA. Poor job of identifying the mailing on their part.

Mr.V, you figured it out but you didn't know it.  The way the $4/$40 work is that the $4 attaches to $40 worth of product.  So you can't use any +Up on the other $36.  BUT if they key in the code it works like any other +Up and you can use other +Up on the remaining $36.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014