Rite Aid 12/29 - 1/4

Archived From: Grocery Coupons & Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Teas still working at 1:30pm, but my fav manager told me corp. sent email to take down the tags while they GET IT FIXED.
HTH

MrVietnam said:   Teas still working in PNW at 1:30pm, but my fav manager told me corp. sent email to take down the tags while they GET IT FIXED.
HTH

Still worked at 645pm EST for me. Amazing that they did this again. I'm going to try to get more today on a different card, hopefully it will still work.

got two sets on two cards yesterday

MrVietnam said:   Teas still working at 1:30pm, but my fav manager told me corp. sent email to take down the tags while they GET IT FIXED.
HTH

Slimmin Tea deal is DEAD.

No UP at 9:02 AM ET

Rite Aid has a January Monthly deal Herr’s Kettle Chips Monthly $ 3.69 get $2+Up.
Use -$1 off Herrs Kettle Cooked, 8oz+ Printable. At gold, they'd be a slight MM.

Legg's Trouser Socks, $3.49, get $3 +Up (limit 3). At gold, again, a slight MM.

MrVietnam said:   
MrVietnam said:   Teas still working at 1:30pm, but my fav manager told me corp. sent email to take down the tags while they GET IT FIXED.
HTH

Slimmin Tea deal is DEAD.

I got 26 boxes of tea in 2 days.  Now what to do w/ all this tea?  Active ingredient is a laxative.

MrVietnam said:   Slimmin Tea deal is DEAD.

Thanks, saved me a trip to RA. 

my4mainecoons said:     I got 26 boxes of tea in 2 days.  Now what to do w/ all this tea?  Active ingredient is a laxative.
I guess now I can tell my wife how it works. She asked yesterday when we got 3 boxes.

MrVietnam said:   On the Nicorette/Nicoderm stuff, there is a $5 Dec. VV. With the $15 manu q that's coming, the deal could go something like this:

Buy 5 Nicorette/Nicoderm that's part of the up rewards games at $39.99 $199.95
Buy something that's .99 that's part of the up rewards games
=$200.94
-5 $15/1 manu q
-5 $5/1 Dec. VV
-$50 in ups
=$50.94 for 5 Nicorettes/Nicoderms and the $.99 item

I don't know if there are gold discounts that applies here. I would also wait until Jan. 1st to do this deal as the wellness points will reset and this will be 200 points towards a gold discount for 2015

Gold discount is cheaper than sale price.
$15 manufacturers coupon available on coupons dot com.
You only need one vv or one emailed coupon because when you buy a Nicorette product you will receive a $10/1 Nicorette RA crt coupon.  $10 is better than $5 email or vv coupon, IMO
The $10 RA crt coupon has an activation date of ONE WEEK later so you're better off buying one box per week.
I'm going to see if store keys in the 11 digits if it will work earlier.  (like +Up that won't scan until 6AM the next day will work immediately if keyed in.)
Limit of 5 $10 CRT's per Wellness card.  I got a box earlier in the week.  Will see if my limit of 5 re-set with the new year and "new" program.
I was trying to cash out to take a little break but because of Slimming Tea have a bunch of +Up to use and Nicorette seems like a reasonable way to burn them.

Dark Almond Rocha is on the Games list.  Its also on Christmas clearance in most stores.  I was in one store where it had been put w/ non-sale items so I think its not supposed to be part of Christmas clearance but most stores aren't catching that.  I bought 2 cans using the $1/2 tear pad.  Rang up full price but because on clearance shelf they price modified it to 50% off.  It tracked for the Game.

Some of the clearance Tide products are tracking.  I don't know which cuz I bought so many different things at once but I've gotten both regular and HE tide as well as the white Boost. 

Revlon nail tools (emery boards, etc.) count towards the Game but nail polish does not. 
Almay make up is on the Game list but the clearance stuff has not been tracking.    The $5/2 Almay products is still available on coupons dot com.  There are several Almay products for $7.29, $7.99 and $8.99 that are tagged 75% off.  Makes for a little "overage".

The Game +Up are RC48 but lately those have only been deducting sales tax for their amount not on the entire purchase like freshness peelies.  e.g.  When we got Tide in November the $15 (?) +Up was a RC48 but when used only took off tax for $15 worth of product.  If you use a freshness peelie the tax comes off for every RA coupon (RC48 or RC49) including all +Up used for payment. 

MrVietnam said:    Legg's Trouser Socks, $3.49, get $3 +Up (limit 3). At gold, again, a slight MM.

UPDATE: The sign says $3 up BUT it's programmed for "$3up wyb 2 items"

Yesterday I bought (3) Leggs Socks which is a part of Monthly Deal and was suppose to get (3) 3 UP rewards as stated in the label near the product, but it printed only (1) 3 UP reward. I contacted the customer service and they told that its a ad mistake and its suppose to be buy 2 and get (1) 3 UP rewards and all the RA stores will be sent the memo today about the change. I might have to bring those items back and return.

my4mainecoons said:   The Game +Up are RC48 but lately those have only been deducting sales tax for their amount not on the entire purchase like freshness peelies.  e.g.  When we got Tide in November the $15 (?) +Up was a RC48 but when used only took off tax for $15 worth of product.  If you use a freshness peelie the tax comes off for every RA coupon (RC48 or RC49) including all +Up used for payment. 

Interesting.

billrubin said:   
my4mainecoons said:     I got 26 boxes of tea in 2 days.  Now what to do w/ all this tea?  Active ingredient is a laxative.
I guess now I can tell my wife how it works. She asked yesterday when we got 3 boxes.

From the Honey Lemon tea box:  Senna leaves, malva leaves, panax ginseng, licorice root, natural honey lemon flavor, benzyl benzoate
From wikipedia:  Sennas have for millennia played a major role in herbalism and folk medicine. Alexandrian senna (S. alexandrina) has long been traded commercially.
Senna glycosides or sennosides, are used in modern medicine as laxatives. Senna drugs contain the dried leaves of S. alexandrina. The glycosides increase gastric fluid secretion and bowel motility, producing laxative action. Senna preparations are available in powders, granules, tablets, oral infusions, and syrups.

There's a tea called Smooth Move Tea.  Same thing but at least the customer is buying the tea for that purpose.  With the Slimming Tea the customer might be surprised.
Senokot = senna

MrVietnam said:   
my4mainecoons said:   The Game +Up are RC48 but lately those have only been deducting sales tax for their amount not on the entire purchase like freshness peelies.  e.g.  When we got Tide in November the $15 (?) +Up was a RC48 but when used only took off tax for $15 worth of product.  If you use a freshness peelie the tax comes off for every RA coupon (RC48 or RC49) including all +Up used for payment. 

Interesting.

same thing happened w/ the recent Revlon facebook coupons.  They were RC48 and didn't take tax off of anything.  Used oodles of them and still had to hunt for freshness peelies cuz all that nail polish was taxable

Dove Men+Care Body and Face Wash 13.5 oz // $3.79 //
$2.00/1 Dove Men+Care IP
$1.50/1 Dove Men + Care VV

my4mainecoons said:   You only need one vv or one emailed coupon because when you buy a Nicorette product you will receive a $10/1 Nicorette RA crt coupon.  $10 is better than $5 email or vv coupon, IMO
The $10 RA crt coupon has an activation date of ONE WEEK later so you're better off buying one box per week.
I'm going to see if store keys in the 11 digits if it will work earlier.  (like +Up that won't scan until 6AM the next day will work immediately if keyed in.)
Limit of 5 $10 CRT's per Wellness card.  I got a box earlier in the week.  Will see if my limit of 5 re-set with the new year and "new" program.
I was trying to cash out to take a little break but because of Slimming Tea have a bunch of +Up to use and Nicorette seems like a reasonable way to burn them.

I have the same idea.  To cash out, are you planning to add a gift card or will the UPs work on Nicorette ?  I know they dont work on alcohol.

gocint said:     
I have the same idea.  To cash out, are you planning to add a gift card or will the UPs work on Nicorette ?  I know they dont work on alcohol.

+Up work on Nicorette-- its how I paid for the first box of course.  I *think* +Up will work on alcohol if you "cover" them w/ coupons as you would a gc and have enough other stuff in your order so cashier doesn't ask.  IDK though as I've never tried it.

my4mainecoons said:   
gocint said:     

+Up work on Nicorette-- its how I paid for the first box of course.  I *think* +Up will work on alcohol if you "cover" them w/ coupons as you would a gc and have enough other stuff in your order so cashier doesn't ask.  IDK though as I've never tried it.

thanks !  Yes I know what you mean by using manu coupons but I didnt have in that instance so ended up buying a $45 bottle. lol.  (well i wanted it anyway).

oh by the way...wanted to vent. I found an expired $10 UP from Rush Card promotion couple of weeks ago.  I know they work if the cashier punches in the number, but curious what my chances are in finding a cashier who is willing to do that.  I am I out of luck  ?

gocint said:   oh by the way...wanted to vent. I found an expired $10 UP from Rush Card promotion couple of weeks ago.  I know they work if the cashier punches in the number, but curious what my chances are in finding a cashier who is willing to do that.  I am I out of luck  ?
some stores accept expired +Up.  As to finding a cashier, it's all about relationships, kwim? 
You could start by asking SM very nicely and seeing what happens.  When we had the Sonicare $40 +Up I asked SM (at infrequently shopped store) if he'd manually enter it so I could buy more that same day.  He didn't think it would work but was willing to try keying in the first 11 digits.  Surprise, surprise it worked!  Bought 4 more and cleared his shelf which of course helped his sales figures for that week. 

My store didn't even carry those teas

ymprncess said:   Does anyone know what brand of herbal teas is producing the $5 Up Rewards
  The Herbal Slimming teas (2.99) (2.39 gold) were producing a 5.00 UP - Limit 3, but this deal is now dead...actually it was dead as of early yesterday morning.

nm

I've had a lot of problems with +UPs not printing this week..

Bought 2 of the Oral B stages toothpastes $2.39 each. This transaction was on Thursday

$2.39 Oral B Stages toothpaste (gold price)
$2.39 Oral B Stages toothpaste (gold price)
-$2.00 coupon ($2 off 2 oral b stages catalina that i got last month)
=$2.78, supposed to get 2x $1.50 +UPs. Got NO +UPs.

Bought 4 John Frieda Precision Foam..
Transaction #1
$10.39 John Frieda Precision Foam (gold price)
-$5.00 email coupon
-$2.00 MFQ (coupon book found at Walgreens 1 year ago; expires 3/01/14)
=$3.39, got back $3 +UP

Tracking for John Frieda says $.39

Transaction #2:
$12.99 John Frieda Foam (BOGO 50%)
$6.49 John Frieda Foam (BOGO 50%)
$10.39 John Frieda Foam (gold price)
-$15.00 (3x $5 RC49 email coupon)
-$6.00 (3x $2 MFQ from WAGS)
=$8.87, supposed to get back 3x $3 in +UPs. Only got back 2x $3 +UPs..

Trackings for John Frieda says $10.26, but did not print the final +UP..

Everything tracked fine for the RA game, but I'm missing $6 in +UPs. I guess I will have to chat with RA CS..

I haven't been to Rite Aid in 2014 and was wondering if I have to have the cashier opt me out of receiving load2card Ups again, I prefer the paper Ups. I am not sure if this is something I have to do each year or something that takes affect forever once done in the past.

nyseGUY said:   I haven't been to Rite Aid in 2014 and was wondering if I have to have the cashier opt me out of receiving load2card Ups again, I prefer the paper Ups. I am not sure if this is something I have to do each year or something that takes affect forever once done in the past.
  you should still be opted out but this being RA you never know.  You can have the cashier check to see your status.  Have them go to the Start Menu (shift + ESC).  Then chose +Up option and swipe your card or enter phone number.  It will say if your card is Load to Card or Print to Paper.

The Rite Aid cash registers are getting smarter:

Tried to use the 1/5 RP BIC BoGo ... system beeped with a msg "Q can not be used before 1/5"
Same thing happened when I tried to use the $1 GE mq from the 1/5 SS
Dang

I guess the registers now will not let you use a coupon earlier than it was intended to be issued (even if you get the coupon inserts early as I do in The wall street journal.)

For those of you who use SavingStar, apparently it's working today too. I just loaded it to my cards right now. Expiration date of tomorrow, January 5th, is still the same though. You can load a coupon for 100% back on one Skinny Cow candy. This counts towards the Rewards Up and you'll get your money back (in your SavingStar account).

It's a Friday Freebie ... Login to your account And then follow this link ...

https://savingstar.com/coupons/nestle-skinny-cow-candy-singles/52bdbfe4e4b0eef520ec71f6 

my4mainecoons said:    
Almay make up is on the Game list but the clearance stuff has not been tracking.    The $5/2 Almay products is still available on coupons dot com.  There are several Almay products for $7.29, $7.99 and $8.99 that are tagged 75% off.  Makes for a little "overage".

awesome post ! thanks...I was able to find two almays on clearance.  I purchased another Nicorette...cashed out about $25 UPs.   My game purchases are now at $128 (I got $15 up printed)

I found no kettle chips at the store I went to. I will try another one.  

MrVietnam said:   The Rite Aid cash registers are getting smarter:

Tried to use the 1/5 RP BIC BoGo ... system beeped with a msg "Q can not be used before 1/5"
Same thing happened when I tried to use the $1 GE mq from the 1/5 SS
Dang

I guess the registers now will not let you use a coupon earlier than it was intended to be issued (even if you get the coupon inserts early as I do in The wall street journal.)

That sucks. Fortunately, you can always do a post-coupon when it's finally valid (unless they killed that as well).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014