• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Was at RA just now for something else when this deal caught my eye!

David's SunFlower Seeds (in the shell) are on sale BOGO for $1.79-1.99

There were $1/1 peelies on most, .75/1 peelies on others.

Got 4 bags for FREE (with 4c overage) with 4x $1 q's on 4 bags and other items I bought.

They had the regular, jumbo & ranch flavors on this sale. Pumpkin Seeds not included.

GOOD LUCK! If you spot the coupons on the bags, you are good to go! Get yourself some seeds!

Member Summary

david
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I didn't leave any part out ... I purchased two items ... therefore ... one coupon for each item.

"If an item is buy 1 ge... (more)

imanemokid (Mar. 07, 2014 @ 1:55a) |

Where is it printed out? It's in the RA coupon policy, which should be at every register. And I quoted it above. That is... (more)

billrubin (Mar. 08, 2014 @ 9:18p) |

I didn't find $1 peelies but did find 75c. I bought 2 bags of the Jumbo, $1.99 at my store (actually they were $2.19 at ... (more)

billrubin (Mar. 09, 2014 @ 4:12p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Some stores might not allow 2 coupons on BOGO items.

dkong said:   Some stores might not allow 2 coupons on BOGO items.

That would be against the RA coupon policy last I knew. You are allowed two $ off type q's on BOGO, just not BOGO coupons on BOGO. 

MISTERCHEAP said:   
That would be against the RA coupon policy last I knew. You are allowed two $ off type q's on BOGO, just not BOGO coupons on BOGO. 

Actually, I believe that the printed RA coupon policy says you can only use one. However, their registers allow 2 and they've had sales advertised in the circular that contradicted this policy.

The Rite Aid policy of one coupon per transaction refers to Rite Aid coupons.

for manufacturer coupons, you can use 2 coupons in a buy one get one free deal

unfortunately my Rite Aid did not have any peelies

billrubin said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

Actually, I believe that the printed RA coupon policy says you can only use one. However, their registers allow 2 and they've had sales advertised in the circular that contradicted this policy.

Sorry Bill, but you are not correct here. 

N/M.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   N/M.

No Money?

MISTERCHEAP said:   

They reason that we cannot use a coupon on an item that is free to begin with.

dkong said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

They reason that we cannot use a coupon on an item that is free to begin with.

Kong. please read their policy here. you are incorrect. Buy One, Get One Free Coupons 
 When items are featured on a Buy One, Get One Free promotion, up to two coupons can be used against 
the items being purchased, as long as the net price does not go below zero for the item being purchased.
 http://images.iheartriteaid.com/RACouponPolicy.pdf

MISTERCHEAP said:   Kong. please read their policy here. you are incorrect. Buy One, Get One Free Coupons 
 When items are featured on a Buy One, Get One Free promotion, up to two coupons can be used against 
the items being purchased, as long as the net price does not go below zero for the item being purchased.
 http://images.iheartriteaid.com/RACouponPolicy.pdf

That appears to be an old policy.

The one on the website appears to only allow one, but the wording seems to be up for differing interpretations.
https://www.riteaid.com/customer-support/coupon-acceptance-polic...

Buy One, Get One Free
Rite Aid accepts Buy One, Get One Free coupons, however only one coupon can be used for each pair of items purchased. A customer can use one “cents off” coupon (a coupon of fixed value such as $.50, $1.25, etc.) in conjunction with the item they are purchasing on a Buy One, Get One Free promotion (or with a Buy One, Get One Free coupon), although the value of the cents off coupon cannot exceed the selling price of the item. Customers can use up to two coupons with a Buy One, Get One at a % off promotion, provided the total value of the coupons does not exceed the selling price of the two items combined.
Buy One, Get One Free coupons cannot be used in conjunction with a Buy One, Get One Free or with a Buy One, Get One at a % off promotion.

worse than my mom ... just makes up stuff - 'cuz she's mom ... or she heard from someone who looked like someone who read it on the internet ...

interesting on the online policy that RA accepts 2 MFR Qz on one item ... a total of 3 Qz ...

"No more than one “48” Rite Aid Valuable coupon, one “49” Rite Aid Manufacturer coupon, and one “5” Manufacturer coupon can be used on a single item."

... and what part of the policy is open to a "differing" interpretation ??

imanemokid said:   ... and what part of the policy is open to a "differing" interpretation ??
This part: in conjunction with the item they are purchasing on a Buy One, Get One Free promotion

When an offer is BOGO, you have to purchase 2 items; one you pay for, the other ends up being free.  But RA apparently only counts the non-free item as an "item they are purchasing" ??

you "purchased" both of them ...

and you're "confusing" two different offers ... a BOGO coupon and a BOGO RA sale ...

"Customers can use up to two coupons with a Buy One, Get One at a % off promotion, provided the total value of the coupons does not exceed the selling price of the two items combined."

can use up to two coupons ... nothing confusing about that ... if I have two - I will use two ... one for each item ... that I "purchased" ...

and, in some states - they might say it is a BOGO - when in actuality you are purchasing 2 items at 50%. And some states you actually have to buy both items - others let you purchase one BOGO at 50% off.

imanemokid said:   you "purchased" both of them ...

and you're "confusing" two different offers ... a BOGO coupon and a BOGO RA sale ...

"Customers can use up to two coupons with a Buy One, Get One at a % off promotion, provided the total value of the coupons does not exceed the selling price of the two items combined."

can use up to two coupons ... nothing confusing about that ... if I have two - I will use two ... one for each item ... that I "purchased" ...

You left out the part about "A customer can use one “cents off” coupon (a coupon of fixed value such as $.50, $1.25, etc.) in conjunction with the item they are purchasing on a Buy One, Get One Free promotion (or with a Buy One, Get One Free coupon), although the value of the cents off coupon cannot exceed the selling price of the item"

If an item is buy 1 get 1 free, you can use 1 coupon for the pair (although my experience has been that the register will take 2).
If an item is buy 1 get 1 50% off, you can use 2 coupons for the pair. RA does not consider 100% off to be this type of deal.

And please educate us about which state requires buy 1 get 1 free items to be sold at 50% off the purchase of 1. I've never heard of that.
MISTERCHEAP said:   
billrubin said:     Actually, I believe that the printed RA coupon policy says you can only use one. However, their registers allow 2 and they've had sales advertised in the circular that contradicted this policy.

Sorry, MC, I disagree.

I realize there's a lot of back and forth on the coupon issues with this deal....

complicated by the fact there are various versions of the RA coupon policy floating around....

but....

has anyone besides me been able to get this deal (find the peelies, etc?)

MISTERCHEAP said:   has anyone besides me been able to get this deal (find the peelies, etc?)
  I was near a RA tonight and forgot to stop in to look .

MISTERCHEAP said:   

but....

has anyone besides me been able to get this deal (find the peelies, etc?)

Which RA location did you find peelies? I checked one in NJ and another in PA (Langhorne) in the Giant PA plaza. Nada! Speaking of which, in Giant today, I saw a young couple next to several full carts. First time seeing extreme couponing in person.

billrubin said:   
imanemokid said:   you "purchased" both of them ...

You left out the part about "A customer can use one “cents off” coupon (a coupon of fixed value such as $.50, $1.25, etc.) in conjunction with the item they are purchasing on a Buy One, Get One Free promotion (or with a Buy One, Get One Free coupon), although the value of the cents off coupon cannot exceed the selling price of the item"

If an item is buy 1 get 1 free, you can use 1 coupon for the pair (although my experience has been that the register will take 2).
If an item is buy 1 get 1 50% off, you can use 2 coupons for the pair. RA does not consider 100% off to be this type of deal.

And please educate us about which state requires buy 1 get 1 free items to be sold at 50% off the purchase of 1. I've never heard of that.
MISTERCHEAP said:   
billrubin said:     Actually, I believe that the printed RA coupon policy says you can only use one. However, their registers allow 2 and they've had sales advertised in the circular that contradicted this policy.

Sorry, MC, I disagree.

I didn't leave any part out ... I purchased two items ... therefore ... one coupon for each item.

"If an item is buy 1 get 1 free, you can use 1 coupon for the pair" (although my experience has been that the register will take 2).
And where is this printed out?? And why would the register take two if you could only use one - RA programmers not smart enough to program a POS - doubtful.

And you disagree ... but you stated ... "(although my experience has been that the register will take 2)." Strange way to disagree.

And I will look up a few of the states that can buy 1 @ 50% of a BOGO deal (I used to know them offhand ...)

imanemokid said:   "If an item is buy 1 get 1 free, you can use 1 coupon for the pair" (although my experience has been that the register will take 2).
And where is this printed out?? And why would the register take two if you could only use one - RA programmers not smart enough to program a POS - doubtful.

And you disagree ... but you stated ... "(although my experience has been that the register will take 2)." Strange way to disagree.

Where is it printed out? It's in the RA coupon policy, which should be at every register. And I quoted it above. That is the store policy, and as I also said, the registers do not work the same way, AND Rite Aid has actually advertised a coupon requiring the purchase of 2 items with a Buy 1 Get 1 Free sale. Why do they do it? Who knows. Maybe the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.

BTW I finally got to look for this tonight and the store I went to did not have any bags with coupons. However, I noticed that the shelf tag said it was a Rite Buy and had an expiration date of 3/29. So we have another 3 weeks to look for this.

I didn't find $1 peelies but did find 75c. I bought 2 bags of the Jumbo, $1.99 at my store (actually they were $2.19 at the store I found the coupons at, they always have higher prices so I took the coupons to use at my other store). That store had one bag of the regular size ($1.79) missing a coupon that had clearly been torn off, since only the corner of it remained.

And yes, they're still B1G1F.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014