• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
STARTS FRIDAY 8/22

Buy 5 Bagel Bites, $1.50 each ($3.49)Subtotal: $7.50 ($17.45)
-(4) $0.75/1 Bagel Bites Product printable (doubled)
-(1) $0.75/1 Bagel Bites Product printable (not doubled)
Pay: $0.75 

preclip the $5 when you spend $15 offer at www.savingstar.com 

make $4.25

Ads by Google
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
So, the DND "expert" poster came back last night and posted this great response. Sadly, it has been deleted by the moder... (more)

billrubin (Sep. 03, 2014 @ 12:47p) |

What a dummy...

By the way, I got my $5 SavingStar credit for the bagel bites today, and then spent it via eat24.com - FM... (more)

PutThatCoffeeDOWN (Sep. 03, 2014 @ 1:32p) |

I asked what book she was talking about because I really wanted to learn how to use 2 coupons for each item, but sadly t... (more)

billrubin (Sep. 03, 2014 @ 4:45p) |

rated:
Since you can do this across multiple transactions for SS, there is no reason why all 5 coupons can't double, this it's a $5 MM. Presumably the offer is also valid at Giant?

rated:
billrubin said:   Since you can do this across multiple transactions for SS, there is no reason why all 5 coupons can't double, this it's a $5 MM. Presumably the offer is also valid at Giant?

yes, thought the same thing. only plus to doing it all at once is, if you have a store that shoots you down from splitting orders like that.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
billrubin said:   Since you can do this across multiple transactions for SS, there is no reason why all 5 coupons can't double, this it's a $5 MM. Presumably the offer is also valid at Giant?

yes, thought the same thing. only plus to doing it all at once is, if you have a store that shoots you down from splitting orders like that.

You can go to your car, and get back in line...at another SCO/register.....

rated:
Speaking of, I just tried to do two orders back to back at SCO @ Shoprite, and they called me out on it. saying I can split orders and it's 4 like coupons per day, 20 overall per day

rated:
I'm assuming the coupon is 2 per computer, not email address, correct?

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   I'm assuming the coupon is 2 per computer, not email address, correct?

yes...but I'd use a different email each time you register just in case it's tied to that as well.

rated:
FYI - starts Sunday, 8/24, at GiantPA.

Also note that if you buy at GiantPA, you will need to buy each one in a separate transaction since they only double ONE like coupon per transaction.  

ETA:  GiantPA will only double up to a maximum doubled value of $1.00, so this deal will cost $2.50 more at GiantPA.  

P.S.  GiantPA double coupon policy sucks.  

rated:
PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   Speaking of, I just tried to do two orders back to back at SCO @ Shoprite, and they called me out on it. saying I can split orders and it's 4 like coupons per day, 20 overall per day
You must be at one of the stores that doubles $1 coupons. When you say "they" presumably you mean an employee, not the register itself refusing to let you do it.

rated:
billrubin said:   
PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   Speaking of, I just tried to do two orders back to back at SCO @ Shoprite, and they called me out on it. saying I can split orders and it's 4 like coupons per day, 20 overall per day
You must be at one of the stores that doubles $1 coupons. When you say "they" presumably you mean an employee, not the register itself refusing to let you do it.

An employee approached me about it, but let the transaction go through this time. 

rated:
I tried, two coupons. I used multiple email address. All I could get is two. The other site, is the same thing. Oh well! At least I can get two for free!

rated:
I just looked at the coupons. They say not to double.

rated:
Marvinomatic said:   I just looked at the coupons. They say not to double.

They double at self check out or if cashier doesnt see fine print.

rated:
Marvinomatic said:   I tried, two coupons. I used multiple email address. All I could get is two. The other site, is the same thing. Oh well! At least I can get two for free!

you need multiple computers. two PER pc.

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   FYI - starts Sunday, 8/24, at GiantPA.

Also note that if you buy at GiantPA, you will need to buy each one in a separate transaction since they only double ONE like coupon per transaction.  

ETA:  GiantPA will only double up to a maximum doubled value of $1.00, so this deal will cost $2.50 more at GiantPA.  

P.S.  GiantPA double coupon policy sucks.  

NM,

they double coupons at face value up to .99 (in other words, these will double to $1.50 if no one "stops" it from doing so). Yes, 1 like coupon per order for the doubling, which is the crappiest double policy around these parts.

where are you seeing only doubles up to .50 = $1?

rated:
PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

You can go to your car, and get back in line...at another SCO/register.....

that's still risky if the same people see you.....Not worth getting on their radar as a "troublemaker" IMO.

rated:
"I just looked at the coupons. They say not to double"

If there's a smart mature lady, she will see they don't double. It's best to go to a teenager! LOL

I thought there was something in the UPC code, to prevent doubling, at self checkout. I rarely use self checkout, but now I will!

rated:
Marvinomatic said:   "I just looked at the coupons. They say not to double"

If there's a smart mature lady, she will see they don't double. It's best to go to a teenager! LOL

I thought there was something in the UPC code, to prevent doubling, at self checkout. I rarely use self checkout, but now I will!

An old man at Shoprite read a $.75 coupon like he was inspecting a potential winning lotto ticket, saw DND and ensured that it didn't - the coupon double app said it was going to double. The SCO lane wasnt open at the time.

rated:
"An old man at Shoprite read a $.75 coupon like he was inspecting a potential winning lotto ticket" That was funny!

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   they double coupons at face value up to .99 (in other words, these will double to $1.50 if no one "stops" it from doing so). Yes, 1 like coupon per order for the doubling, which is the crappiest double policy around these parts.

All coupons with a face value up to and including .50 cents will be doubled. Example: A .50 cent coupon will be doubled to $1. All coupons with a face value from .51 cents to .99 cents will be redeemed for $1.

http://www.giantfoodstores.com/faqs/#couponPolicy

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   they double coupons at face value up to .99 (in other words, these will double to $1.50 if no one "stops" it from doing so). Yes, 1 like coupon per order for the doubling, which is the crappiest double policy around these parts.

All coupons with a face value up to and including .50 cents will be doubled. Example: A .50 cent coupon will be doubled to $1. All coupons with a face value from .51 cents to .99 cents will be redeemed for $1.

http://www.giantfoodstores.com/faqs/#couponPolicy 

Interesting NM, do you know if that's a recent change, cause forever and ever, it was up to 99c in my area of PA.

rated:
Speaking of Stop and Stop, did you see guys see on LRWC people complaining about the Trix cereal deal. The deal is 3 for $5 but as soon as the first $.85 Q was used, the price jumped to $2.50 a box. haha what a joke SnS is

rated:
I used coupons today, on the automatic lane. They both doubled!

Thank you MrCheap!

rated:
PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   Speaking of Stop and Stop, did you see guys see on LRWC people complaining about the Trix cereal deal. The deal is 3 for $5 but as soon as the first $.85 Q was used, the price jumped to $2.50 a box. haha what a joke SnS is
I think it's only if you don't have anything else on the order. I did the Trix tonight along with the Nature Valley deal and got the $5/3 pricing and the $5 came off for the NV purchase. Their registers are bad about removing instant savings if there are too many other discounts applied and nothing else on the order. I bought a produce item on my order and all of the discounts stayed.

rated:
PutThatCoffeeDOWN said: Speaking of Stop and Stop, did you see guys see on LRWC people complaining about the Trix cereal deal. The deal is 3 for $5 but as soon as the first $.85 Q was used, the price jumped to $2.50 a box. haha what a joke SnS is

After buying Trix, I would go to Customer Service.

rated:
I got my $5 from SavingStar today for my purchases on Saturday

rated:
Just did the deal today, used five Bagel Bite coupons..guess what? They ALL doubled. I had to quickly add a pack of gum to the order.

rated:
PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   Just did the deal today, used five Bagel Bite coupons..guess what? They ALL doubled. I had to quickly add a pack of gum to the order.
Interesting. I had a terrible experience yesterday, went to a store whose self-scan registers still do not scan the new-style coupon barcodes so I had to get someone to come over to enter my coupons (and did so manually, not even scanning the coupons). I had split my Bagel Bites purchases into a second order and then ended up putting those back because I was running late. Then I stopped at another store I was planning to go to and they were out of them, so now I am 2 short for the deal.

Of course only now did I realize that I should have just purchased the other 2 in the first order, since they weren't scanning the coupon so there would not have been any question about limit. Ugh And now I have to find another store with them in stock by Thursday, although I did get a rain check. 

rated:
My local S&S restocked the bagel bites so I was able to get the last two that I needed to finish the deal.

For your amusement, here is one of the most idiotic posts I have ever seen, courtesy of a genius at LRWC, taken from the thread talking about this deal over there:

DO NOT DOUBLE on a coupon just means don't accept 2 of the same coupons for the one product. It has NOTHING to do with the store covering one part of the cost and the coupon the other so yes you can double a DND coupon.

For the coupon novices out there, the above is not in any way correct.

rated:
billrubin said:   My local S&S restocked the bagel bites so I was able to get the last two that I needed to finish the deal.

For your amusement, here is one of the most idiotic posts I have ever seen, courtesy of a genius at LRWC, taken from the thread talking about this deal over there:

DO NOT DOUBLE on a coupon just means don't accept 2 of the same coupons for the one product. It has NOTHING to do with the store covering one part of the cost and the coupon the other so yes you can double a DND coupon.

For the coupon novices out there, the above is not in any way correct.

I agree, the person is wrong. But let me ask you....

Why do mfr's have Qs that say DND? Why do they care? I thought the retailer pays for the other half?

rated:
PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   I agree, the person is wrong. But let me ask you....

Why do mfr's have Qs that say DND? Why do they care? I thought the retailer pays for the other half?

The best explanation I have heard is that doubling increases the redemption rate of the coupon (i.e., how many people use it). Certainly in the case of Bagel Bites that has been the case, they're probably getting hammered with people using it this week at S&S. If they don't double, it decreases the number of people that use it. Now, you might say "but don't they want as many people as possible to use their coupon". Apparently not. They may have a small budget set aside for coupon redemptions. Now, the funny part is when they put it on the coupon but don't code the coupon appropriately.

Also, I wonder if there isn't some sort of cost sharing between the retailer and the manufacturer in paying the double portion. By putting the DND working on it, they can absolve themselves of paying that.

rated:
So, the DND "expert" poster came back last night and posted this great response. Sadly, it has been deleted by the moderators so I wanted to let it live here. I have replaced one of the letters so it does not get deleted here, but it was in their post. It's scary that someone is actually stupid enough to think that this is true.

you're an idiot. when stores double they do so by MATCHING AND PAYING FOR the same value of the coupon. DND printed on a coupon means DO NOT CHARGE US - THE COMPANY - TWICE FOR THE SAME PRODUCT THUS DO NOT ACCEPT MORE THAN ONE OF THE SAME MANUFACTURER'S COUPONS ON THE SAME PRODUCT. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH STORES DOUBLING. PLEASE CRACK A BOOK AND LEARN HOW TO COUPON THEN ST*U.

rated:
billrubin said:   So, the DND "expert" poster came back last night and posted this great response. Sadly, it has been deleted by the moderators so I wanted to let it live here. I have replaced one of the letters so it does not get deleted here, but it was in their post. It's scary that someone is actually stupid enough to think that this is true.

you're an idiot. when stores double they do so by MATCHING AND PAYING FOR the same value of the coupon. DND printed on a coupon means DO NOT CHARGE US - THE COMPANY - TWICE FOR THE SAME PRODUCT THUS DO NOT ACCEPT MORE THAN ONE OF THE SAME MANUFACTURER'S COUPONS ON THE SAME PRODUCT. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH STORES DOUBLING. PLEASE CRACK A BOOK AND LEARN HOW TO COUPON THEN ST*U.

What a dummy...

By the way, I got my $5 SavingStar credit for the bagel bites today, and then spent it via eat24.com - FML

rated:
PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:     What a dummy...

By the way, I got my $5 SavingStar credit for the bagel bites today, and then spent it via eat24.com - FML

I asked what book she was talking about because I really wanted to learn how to use 2 coupons for each item, but sadly the whole exchange was deleted. If she truly was that stupid, I would love to see what happens when she goes to the supermarket with extra coupons.

I also got the $5 credited yesterday. I gave some of the packages to my son, and my wife took the rest to work and put it in the freezer then for anyone to take.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014