Archived From: Grocery Coupons & Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Vitamin Water Energy Drink 11.5 oz $1.50 = $1.50 RR
Final cost FREE!

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Mr C and other WAG experts... I have a question on Register Rewards vs Points.

When I bought the Vit Water, I used 1000 points + the rest in cash. BUT, did not get a RR. I knew about not using Points on another item that will produce new Points.  Does this mean you also cannot use Points on items that will produce a RR?

Also, when the RR did not print, the cashier say the RR is in the form of 1500 points. I'm like... WTF, so points and RR are the same thing???  I thought RR was a printed out paper coupon. What is the difference?

I planned to use Vit Water RR to buy something else right away.  Anyway, on the 2nd purchase, the cashier would not let me use any points at all.  I was told you cannot use new points right away (even though I never got any new points nor a RR on that 1st Vit Water purchase in the first place).  So new points cannot be used same day now??

I'm all confused what is the difference between RR and the Points system.   In fact, as soon as I find a way to get rid of all those damn points in my account, I'm boycotting WAG.

mmyk72 said:   Mr C and other WAG experts... I have a question on Register Rewards vs Points.

When I bought the Vit Water, I used 1000 points + the rest in cash. BUT, did not get a RR. I knew about not using Points on another item that will produce new Points.  Does this mean you also cannot use Points on items that will produce a RR?

Also, when the RR did not print, the cashier say the RR is in the form of 1500 points. I'm like... WTF, so points and RR are the same thing???  I thought RR was a printed out paper coupon. What is the difference?

I planned to use Vit Water RR to buy something else right away.  Anyway, on the 2nd purchase, the cashier would not let me use any points at all.  I was told you cannot use new points right away (even though I never got any new points nor a RR on that 1st Vit Water purchase in the first place).  So new points cannot be used same day now??

I'm all confused what is the difference between RR and the Points system.   In fact, as soon as I find a way to get rid of all those damn points in my account, I'm boycotting WAG.

This offer should be in the circular. Paying with points NEVER impacts an RR deal, it should print, assuming you bought EXACTLY what was advertised in the ad. To my knowledge, this is not a points deal, had that been the case, no, you don't earn new points when you redeem ANY points towards a purchase. But a paper RR should have printed out. That is why I say to refer to the circular, you can show them the ad and insist on getting your $1.50 RR if it doesn't print out. They can issue you a store credit or some stores will just give you the cash.

POINTS AND RR are seperate and distinct. If an offer gives you BOTH points and RR and you pay with points, you'll only get the RR portion.

Hi Mr C. Thanks for clarifying. Your explanation is very clear and matches what I thought should have happened.

For sure the Vit Water in the circular that I got at the front door says RR. The store mgm gave me 1500 Points when I pointed to the item on the ad and told him the RR didn't print... no problem. It was the cashier (who never knew how to do things right every time he rings me up) that was giving me a hard time. Either way, the RR didn't print but perhaps the RR printer could've been broken or out of paper.

BTW, can points or the RR be used immediately?   I keep running into cashier police who tells me I can't use points to pay because of this and that or because the system isn't showing points eventhough I know I have a few thousand pts sitting there.

mmyk72 said:   Hi Mr C. Thanks for clarifying. Your explanation is very clear and matches what I thought should have happened.

For sure the Vit Water in the circular that I got at the front door says RR. The store mgm gave me 1500 Points when I pointed to the item on the ad and told him the RR didn't print... no problem. It was the cashier (who never knew how to do things right every time he rings me up) that was giving me a hard time. Either way, the RR didn't print but perhaps the RR printer could've been broken or out of paper.

BTW, can points or the RR be used immediately?   I keep running into cashier police who tells me I can't use points to pay because of this and that or because the system isn't showing points eventhough I know I have a few thousand pts sitting there.

yes, points or rr's can be used on your next transaction. 

great. thanks!!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014