• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Sign up today for "My Account" and receive great customer rewards! Free Shipping VALID 04/07/2008 THRU 04/13/2008 online only Free shipping still working as of 4/14/2008, YMMV. Use it before they yank it!

Save Big when you buy 2 boxes. Regularly $12.99 each! Spring Assortments

Smidgen Packs and Tubs, mix and match. Milk Chocolate Smidgens: Buy 4 for $25 l Dark Chocolate Smidgens : Buy 4 for $25 l Gourmet Chocolates: Chocolate Tubs Buy 4 for $25 l Sugar Free Packs: Any Combination 4 for $25. Save over $10 on purchase of 4 of any combination.

50% off Easter Chocolate clearance.

50% off Chocolate Eggs

50% off Bunny Smidgens


I have not tried this chocolate, it was recommended to me, and I have an order of Easter candy clearance items arriving by UPS on Tuesday, so I can inform you then what I think. They still have lot's of Easter stuff available, the Spring specials and 4 for $25 Smidgen packs are great deals too. And Free Shipping makes the whole deal that much sweeter.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Awesome! I just made a 40 dollar order between myself and officemate =) Most of mine is going to my mom for mother's day... (more)

phildawg (Apr. 30, 2008 @ 4:39p) |

still alive!

kwest (May. 06, 2008 @ 12:48p) |

Free shipping code still alive. I used to buy mom some chocolates for Mother's Day. Free 2 day delivery too.

Lefty421 (May. 12, 2008 @ 2:02p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.


Free shipping ends 04/13/2008 !!! Update: According to mungbai, "free shipping code still works today, 4/14. Thanks OP!"


Gertrude Hawk manufactures FRANGO chocolates for Macy's and Marshall Fields.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

SweetClover said: Sign up today for "My Account" and receive great customer rewards! Free Shipping VALID 04/07/2008 THRU 04/13/2008 online only

Save Big when you buy 2 boxes. Regularly $12.99 each! Spring Assortments

Smidgen Packs and Tubs, mix and match. Milk Chocolate Smidgens: Buy 4 for $25 l Dark Chocolate Smidgens : Buy 4 for $25 l Gourmet Chocolates: Chocolate Tubs Buy 4 for $25 l Sugar Free Packs: Any Combination 4 for $25. Save over $10 on purchase of 4 of any combination.

50% off Easter Chocolate clearance.

50% off Chocolate Eggs

50% off Bunny Smidgens


I have not tried this chocolate, it was recommended to me, and I have an oder of Easter candy clearance items arriving by UPS on Tuesday, so I can inform you then what I think. They still have lot's of Easter stuff available, the Spring specials and 4 for $25 Smidgen packs are great deals too. And Free Shipping makes the whole deal that much sweeter.


I recommended this.. It's the greatest (IMO). Let me know what you think.

Thanks for this deal, OP. Haven't tried this company before, but I ordered a couple of the Bunny Smidgen Easter packs on sale for $4.49 each, and a couple of the Coconut Eggs on sale for 50 cents each. Order total was only $9.93 with the free S&H. Good deal on some quality chocolate!

The smidgens are fantastic. I don't typically appreciate low quality chocolate but Gertrude Hawk has some decent items.

MangoGT said: The smidgens are fantastic. I don't typically appreciate low quality chocolate but Gertrude Hawk has some decent items.

Gertrude Hawk is far from low quality.... Seriously. Low quality is stuff like Palmers, Wilbur, Jon Stopay, Nestle, Hersheys, etc....

I got my previous order today. Arrived with a nice reusable gel pack, to insure candy's quality. The Smidgens are to-die-for. I plan on ordering more with the free shipping coupon, and bag and store the boxes in my freezer. The peanut butter Smidgens satisfied my cravings, and so much better than the Reese's minis. The peanut butter is not as salty and gritty as Reeese's, and the chocolate is the real thing, not the partially-hydrogenated fats stuff that Hershey recently switched to.


The Raspberry Cheesecake Smidgens are to-die-for. The filling is made with real raspberries. The white confection is made with real cream cheese. Think of them as bite-size cheesecake squares. The packages are generously sized, the chocolates very rich (15 g fat, around 230 to 260 calories for 4 Smidgens, depending in flavor/type) but are so satisfying that you find yourself savoring 1 or 2, as opposed to eating a regular-size cheap candy bar. They are not so cloyingly saccharine-sweet, like cheap chocolate is, just sweet enough to satisfy. I also bought coconut cream Smidgens, which are made with dark semi-sweet chocolate.


Thanks to SlamminMOFO for introducing me to Gertrude Hawk, in a thread about Hershey's in OT. velveetah, you will be very pleased with your order, I guarantee it. The 50 cent eggs are about the size of the Hershey/Reese ones, but oh so much better. The individually-wrapped eggs, were neatly packed in a box of their own, to protect them from being crushed during shipping. I wish I'd bought more, so I plan on placing another order, and hoping they aren't OOS. They do have outlet stores, one is in Gettysburg, PA, which isn't too far from me, so on my next excursion into Gettysburg, I will have to stop and check it out. UPS is the shipper, and they send you a tracking number. I decided to order, because I would probably be paying more in gas to go to the outlet, than the cost of shipping.


The chocoholic cow is in chocolate heaven once again.

SweetClover said: I got my previous order today. Arrived with a nice reusable gel pack, to insure candy's quality. The Smidgens are to-die-for. I plan on ordering more with the free shipping coupon, and bag and store the boxes in my freezer. The peanut butter Smidgens satisfied my cravings, and so much better than the Reese's minis. The peanut butter is not as salty and gritty as Reeese's, and the chocolate is the real thing, not the partially-hydrogenated fats stuff that Hershey recently switched to.


The Raspberry Cheesecake Smidgens are to-die-for. The filling is made with real raspberries. The white confection is made with real cream cheese. Think of them as bite-size cheesecake squares. The packages are generously sized, the chocolates very rich (15 g fat, around 230 to 260 calories for 4 Smidgens, depending in flavor/type) but are so satisfying that you find yourself savoring 1 or 2, as opposed to eating a regular-size cheap candy bar. They are not so cloyingly saccharine-sweet, like cheap chocolate is, just sweet enough to satisfy. I also bought coconut cream Smidgens, which are made with dark semi-sweet chocolate.


Thanks to SlamminMOFO for introducing me to Gertrude Hawk, in a thread about Hershey's in OT. velveetah, you will be very pleased with your order, I guarantee it. The 50 cent eggs are about the size of the Hershey/Reese ones, but oh so much better. The individually-wrapped eggs, were neatly packed in a box of their own, to protect them from being crushed during shipping. I wish I'd bought more, so I plan on placing another order, and hoping they aren't OOS. They do have outlet stores, one is in Gettysburg, PA, which isn't too far from me, so on my next excursion into Gettysburg, I will have to stop and check it out. UPS is the shipper, and they send you a tracking number. I decided to order, because I would probably be paying more in gas to go to the outlet, than the cost of shipping.


The chocoholic cow is in chocolate heaven once again.


Glad you liked... now if I can only get a marketing job with Gertrude Hawk... lol

SlamminMOFO said: MangoGT said: The smidgens are fantastic. I don't typically appreciate low quality chocolate but Gertrude Hawk has some decent items.

Gertrude Hawk is far from low quality.... Seriously. Low quality is stuff like Palmers, Wilbur, Jon Stopay, Nestle, Hersheys, etc....


Compared to Neuhaus or MarieBelle....

Like I said, they make really tasty products--especially for the price.

SweetClover said: I got my previous order today. Arrived with a nice reusable gel pack, to insure candy's quality. The Smidgens are to-die-for. I plan on ordering more with the free shipping coupon, and bag and store the boxes in my freezer. The peanut butter Smidgens satisfied my cravings, and so much better than the Reese's minis. The peanut butter is not as salty and gritty as Reeese's, and the chocolate is the real thing, not the partially-hydrogenated fats stuff that Hershey recently switched to.


The Raspberry Cheesecake Smidgens are to-die-for. The filling is made with real raspberries. The white confection is made with real cream cheese. Think of them as bite-size cheesecake squares. The packages are generously sized, the chocolates very rich (15 g fat, around 230 to 260 calories for 4 Smidgens, depending in flavor/type) but are so satisfying that you find yourself savoring 1 or 2, as opposed to eating a regular-size cheap candy bar. They are not so cloyingly saccharine-sweet, like cheap chocolate is, just sweet enough to satisfy. I also bought coconut cream Smidgens, which are made with dark semi-sweet chocolate.


Thanks to SlamminMOFO for introducing me to Gertrude Hawk, in a thread about Hershey's in OT. velveetah, you will be very pleased with your order, I guarantee it. The 50 cent eggs are about the size of the Hershey/Reese ones, but oh so much better. The individually-wrapped eggs, were neatly packed in a box of their own, to protect them from being crushed during shipping. I wish I'd bought more, so I plan on placing another order, and hoping they aren't OOS. They do have outlet stores, one is in Gettysburg, PA, which isn't too far from me, so on my next excursion into Gettysburg, I will have to stop and check it out. UPS is the shipper, and they send you a tracking number. I decided to order, because I would probably be paying more in gas to go to the outlet, than the cost of shipping.


The chocoholic cow is in chocolate heaven once again.


OMG! Now I can hardly wait till I get my order! It shipped today, but it's not supposed to arrive till next Monday (c'mon UPS!). Besides the two Coconut Eggs, I ordered the Dark Chocolate Raspberry Bunny Smidgens, and the Milk Choc Caramel Bunny Smidgens. But after reading your glowing review I'm thinking about placing another order now!

Thanks for your posting and review, SweetClover. And thanks to SlamminMOFO too, for your input.

velveetah said: OMG! Now I can hardly wait till I get my order! It shipped today, but it's not supposed to arrive till next Monday (c'mon UPS!). Besides the two Coconut Eggs, I ordered the Dark Chocolate Raspberry Bunny Smidgens, and the Milk Choc Caramel Bunny Smidgens. But after reading your glowing review I'm thinking about placing another order now!

Thanks for your posting and review, SweetClover. And thanks to SlamminMOFO too, for your input.



I want to do the 4 for $25 packs. The strawberry fruit-cream filled chocolate strawberry-shape Smidgens, and the Almond Butter Crunch are on my list. I'm hoping to get my mom to buy two of the sugar-free for herself, as she has been looking for sugar-free to replace the Hershey'Reese sugar-free baggies. I don't know how far you are from Scranton, PA. I live in MD, just below Gettysburg, Pa, and placed my order last Friday. Was surprised to get it in only 3 business days.

SweetClover said: I want to do the 4 for $25 packs. The strawberry fruit-cream filled chocolate strawberry-shape Smidgens, and the Almond Butter Crunch are on my list. I'm hoping to get my mom to buy two of the sugar-free for herself, as she has been looking for sugar-free to replace the Hershey'Reese sugar-free baggies. I don't know how far you are from Scranton, PA. I live in MD, just below Gettysburg, Pa, and placed my order last Friday. Was surprised to get it in only 3 business days.

I live in the Midwest, so it can take awhile if it was shipped from the East Coast. I went ahead and placed a 2nd order last night. After reading your raves about them I ordered the Raspberry Cheesecake and the Peanut Butter Smidgens. I was afraid they'd sell out if I waited, plus the free S&H is only thru 4/13. You'll have to post your review on the other Smidgen varieties. That Almond Butter Crunch sounds yummy! But I'll have enough chocolate to last me quite awhile! (I'll definitely have to freeze some of it)

Green just because it's Hawks! Love this stuff! If you are ever in northeast PA i highly suggest going to the "seconds store" in either Dunmore or Dickson City. Super cheap prices on the out of season chocolates or items that are slightly deformed.

Now if only I could leave work and go home to eat some of the Pumpkin Pie smidgens....mmmm mmm mmmm

velveetah said: But I'll have enough chocolate to last me quite awhile! (I'll definitely have to freeze some of it)

How long can chocolate be kept in the freezer before it starts going bad? Does it need to be wrapped any special way?

Sweet Clover - On your recommendation, I have placed an order - but the shipping is $14.95 instead of "free". Is there a coupon code to use for this? Pls let me know; I'm hungry for good chocolate!

Sweet Clover - I found the shipping code; lost my order! Will start again, Thanks

happypants said: How long can chocolate be kept in the freezer before it starts going bad? Does it need to be wrapped any special way?

Unfortunately, my chocolate doesn't tend to stay in the freezer for very long, so I can't answer your question regarding freezing time! I've only tried freezing bags of snack-size or minis, and I've just put them as is (they're wrapped individually, and then in a sealed plastic bag). They freeze just fine.

My second order shipped today, but it's supposed to arrive on Friday (before my first order). They shipped the first order UPS Ground, and the 2nd one by UPS 2nd Day. Strange! But that's okay...I'm really looking forward to getting this!

Thank you OP!!!!!!
Never occured to me that they were online - used to go to their Green Brook NJ store way back - and yes - the seconds you can't beat!! ALL of their stuff is to die for!!
Needless to say - good thing it's spring to work off the extra calories!!

me and my officemate just place a couple 20 dollar orders =) Thanks!

happypants said: velveetah said: But I'll have enough chocolate to last me quite awhile! (I'll definitely have to freeze some of it)

How long can chocolate be kept in the freezer before it starts going bad? Does it need to be wrapped any special way?



Chocolate will keep indefinitaley, if good quality and wrapped to prevent it from absorbing odors/flavors from other foods. I have frozen chocolate for over a year, and still found the quality to be acceptable. You should thaw it out in the refigerater, so it doesn't get condensation on it. You can thaw at room temp, but you should eat anything that you thawed that way, shortly after thawing. Do not refreeze chocolate you have thawed, as refreezing can/will effect flavor/texture. There are many FW'ers who buy seasonal chocolate on clearance, and freeze it for the next year's season, thereby saving money on seasonal items.

I put the chocolate in zipper bags. Convenient to zip open, get what you want out, and put the container/box back in the bag, and in the freezer. I also like doing it this way, because it keeps me from getting carried away, and eating too much. I just get out what I plan on eating, and put the rest away. For extended shelf life, when you know the stuff will not last in long-time storage, wrap as above, and store in your refrigerater. Good chocolate does not get freezer-burn, and doesn't become freeze-dried. The only reason for wrapping is to prevent it from absorbing other food odors/taste. You certainly don't want your chocolate picking up anything from the bag of frozen onions sitting next to it, now do you?


StudlyDego73 said: Now if only I could leave work and go home to eat some of the Pumpkin Pie smidgens....mmmm mmm mmmm.


Oh damn! I bet they are a fall/seasonal item. Those sound quite yummy.


More reviews: I sampled the 50 cent eggs today, a slice off the end of each. The flavors were; strawberry/white confection, coconut cream, fruit and nut, and vanilla cream. All of them are just divine. My mom definitely wants the sugar free packs, she is getting 3, so I am going for the strawberry-filled chocolate strawberries for myself to get the 4/$25 deal. The strawberry filling in the strawberry/white confection egg, has real strawberries in it, and has a nice real berry flavor.

free shipping code still works today, 4/14. Thanks OP!

Okay, I received my 2 orders and this chocolate is divine! Loved, loved, loved all of it! As "SweetClover" said, the Raspberry Cheesecake Smidgens are "to die for". But everything was truly fabulous. I've sampled the other items, and I can also highly recommend the Milk Choc Peanut Butter Smidgens, the Dark Choc Raspberry Smidgens (loved this), and the Milk Choc Caramel Smidgens (very smooth caramel). And their Coconut Eggs are yummy too! This is very high quality chocolate, and it's reasonably priced (even though I rec'vd free S&H, their regular S&H charges are reasonable too). I'll definitely order from this company again, especially to try some of those Pumpkin Pie Smidgens in the fall.

SweetClover...thanks again for posting this deal!

velveetah said: Okay, I received my 2 orders and this chocolate is divine! Loved, loved, loved all of it! As "SweetClover" said, the Raspberry Cheesecake Smidgens are "to die for". But everything was truly fabulous. I've sampled the other items, and I can also highly recommend the Milk Choc Peanut Butter Smidgens, the Dark Choc Raspberry Smidgens (loved this), and the Milk Choc Caramel Smidgens (very smooth caramel). And their Coconut Eggs are yummy too! This is very high quality chocolate, and it's reasonably priced (even though I rec'vd free S&H, their regular S&H charges are reasonable too). I'll definitely order from this company again, especially to try some of those Pumpkin Pie Smidgens in the fall.

SweetClover...thanks again for posting this deal!



Glad to hear people responding as their orders arrive. My second order arrives Tuesday. I'm looking forward to trying the strawberry-filled Smidgens from the multipack sale. And I ended up buying more of the peanut butter ones, to stock up in the freezer, one box of smooth, and a box of crunchy. I love the coconut, fruit & nut, and vanilla cream eggs; I bought 4 more of each! I agree about the reasonable shipping rates, but during the warm months, they go up considerably, because of the special packaging and requirement to use 2-day or overnight, as opposed to ground. I plan on visiting the outlet store during my next excursion to Gettysburg, PA, as it is right off of Rt. 15, and not out of my way. My mom goes there more than I, so if she likes the sugar-free stuff she is getting, she plans on buying from the outlet store in the future. I want to try the Pumpkin Pie Smidgens too! I'll post any future deals I get by email, unless someone beats me to it, that is.


Edit: My order came, in the foam chest with the ice pack in it, UPS 2-day delivery. The strawberry Smidgens are also yummy.

Free shipping is dead.

I was pleasantly surprised to find shipping on a big batch of items, 8-10+, was only $5 - still worth looking at.
Some of the high % chocolates look good to use in cooking, hot cocoa, cookies, etc at these prices. Likewise white chocolate.
Of course, if anyone has a way for getting free ship, help a FWbrother out! I'm getting some either way, tho.

mungbai said: Free shipping is dead.

Thank you, Sweet Clover, for telling this Florida gal about Gertrude Hawk. My 9 lb order arrived a few days ago. Hubby said, "Oh, great. Just what this dieting man needs!" Only tried the white cheesecake-raspberry Smidgens (fun name!) and some of the malted milk balls. They ran out of some of what I ordered, and called to see if I would like to make a substitute selection. My daughter said take the coconut eggs-would be like a Mounds bar. Good stuff; wonderful packaging. I love my FatWallet friends!!

coffeecreamer said: Thank you, Sweet Clover, for telling this Florida gal about Gertrude Hawk. My 9 lb order arrived a few days ago. Hubby said, "Oh, great. Just what this dieting man needs!" Only tried the white cheesecake-raspberry Smidgens (fun name!) and some of the malted milk balls. They ran out of some of what I ordered, and called to see if I would like to make a substitute selection. My daughter said take the coconut eggs-would be like a Mounds bar. Good stuff; wonderful packaging. I love my FatWallet friends!!


You're welcome! Wonder what you ordered that they ran out of? At least you got the Raspberry Cheesecake Smidgens. The coconut eggs are better than any Mounds bar, trust me. Tell Hubby that a Smidgen now-and-then won't ruin his diet.

Free shipping code is still good as of yesturday. I was still able to use code JVKVONE9.

oh my god... this is still going on... just ordered 20 bucks worth.

And the coupon for freeship still works (EVEN FOR OVERNIGHT SHIPPING!!!)
overnight shipping itself was 20 bucks more. hahaha...

Lola88 said: Free shipping code is still good as of yesturday. I was still able to use code JVKVONE9.

Awesome! I just made a 40 dollar order between myself and officemate =) Most of mine is going to my mom for mother's day, my officemates is for extra supply =) She loves the dark chocolate orange smidgens.

still alive!

Free shipping code still alive. I used to buy mom some chocolates for Mother's Day. Free 2 day delivery too.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014