• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This deal has already been posted (buried on page 8 of the AMEX DelTaco thread), but I think it's hot enough to deserve its own thread

1. Go to Restaurant.com and buy a $25 Melting Pot coupon for $4/$5/$6 (using 40%, 50%, or 60% off code, of course)
2. Go to The Melting Pot Fondue Club and sign up to get a coupon for free chocolate fondue for two (as well as e-mailed coupons for your birthday and anniversary)
3. Go have a nice dinner at The Melting Pot (salad, cheese fondue, meat fondue, and free chocolate fondue ALL FOR TWO is $52 - $25 + $4/$5/$6 + tip = $45)
4. Split your bill to get two receipts
5. Print and mail off the Redemption Form with your two receipts attached to get 4 free museum or movie tickets 4-6 weeks later

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
You might not get the movie tickets if you split the bill and pay with separate AMEX credit cards... I believe both rece... (more)

noryen (Apr. 20, 2008 @ 11:20p) |

Yes, all of their offers/coupons specifically say they are not valid with other offers/coupons.

I went out for my birth... (more)

simpsons4ever (May. 16, 2008 @ 10:05a) |

Not for the Rancho Cucamonga, CA location

heedman (Jun. 22, 2008 @ 10:48p) |

Use code FLAVOR for 60% discount
Expires April 24

50% OFF gift certificates + FatCash
online coupon code: TASTE
expires: 4/20/2008

Place an order with restaurant.com and you'll receive a FREE $10 Gift Certificate via email within 24 hours of your purchase.
Offer cannot be applied retroactively. When redeeming a restaurant.com Gift Certificate this offer cannot be applied.
Please note that only one FREE $10 Gift Certificate will be issued per order.
Offer only valid on purchases made through restaurant.com after 5:00 AM CST on 4/18/2008.

Gift Certificates not available on restaurant.com for almost all Melting Pot locations, so this "deal" is a massive YMMV.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

VERY hot deal, thanks for the separate post OP! I would have never found it in the other thread.

does it work in any location?

i dont think they accept restaurant.com certificates in any melting pot location, do they?

I think it just works in Texas

No melting pot GC in my area.

50% OFF gift certificates + FatCash
online coupon code: TASTE
expires: 4/20/2008

Place an order with restaurant.com and you'll receive a FREE $10 Gift Certificate via email within 24 hours of your purchase.
Offer cannot be applied retroactively. When redeeming a restaurant.com Gift Certificate this offer cannot be applied.
Please note that only one FREE $10 Gift Certificate will be issued per order.
Offer only valid on purchases made through restaurant.com after 5:00 AM CST on 4/18/2008 until 4/20

I couldn't find a Melting Pot GC available in Los Angeles or in Greensboro, NC (I've been to that one)...is this limited to certain melting pot locations?

tafka said: 3. Go have a nice dinner at The Melting Pot (salad, cheese fondue, meat fondue, and free chocolate fondue ALL FOR TWO is $52 - $25 + $4/$5/$6 + tip = $35)

Dude... I hope you tip more than $2-4 on a $52 meal!

Can't find any of the Northern VA Melting Pots listed on restaurant.com.
Anyone get it to work?

Chewy734 said: tafka said: 3. Go have a nice dinner at The Melting Pot (salad, cheese fondue, meat fondue, and free chocolate fondue ALL FOR TWO is $52 - $25 + $4/$5/$6 + tip = $35)

Dude... I hope you tip more than $2-4 on a $52 meal!


Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. I've always tipped 20% of the original bill when using a restaurant.com coupon cause I already feel cheap using it.

I can't find any of the three in C.FL [Maitland, Orlndo or Longwood!] on restaurants.com.... oh well

No go for me in Tennessee - checked all 3 regions.

tafka said: This deal has already been posted (buried on page 8 of the AMEX DelTaco thread), but I think it's hot enough to deserve its own thread

3. Go have a nice dinner at The Melting Pot (salad, cheese fondue, meat fondue, and free chocolate fondue ALL FOR TWO is $52 - $25 + $4/$5/$6 + tip = $35)


Great post, thank you - I think I'll give this a try.

But I think I'll tip a bit more - one should tip on the amount before coupon. Your math: $52-25=$27 + $4 = $31 means your suggested tip is $4. If you are basing this on a $27 bill, that is about 15% - which would be appropriate for poor service in my book. But you really should be basing your tip on $52 + $15 (desert fondue) = $67. Which would make your tip about 6%...

BenDB said: tafka said: This deal has already been posted (buried on page 8 of the AMEX DelTaco thread), but I think it's hot enough to deserve its own thread

3. Go have a nice dinner at The Melting Pot (salad, cheese fondue, meat fondue, and free chocolate fondue ALL FOR TWO is $52 - $25 + $4/$5/$6 + tip = $35)


Great post, thank you - I think I'll give this a try.

But I think I'll tip a bit more - one should tip on the amount before coupon. Your math: $52-25=$27 + $4 = $31 means your suggested tip is $4. If you are basing this on a $27 bill, that is about 15% - which would be appropriate for poor service in my book. But you really should be basing your tip on $52 + $15 (desert fondue) = $67. Which would make your tip about 6%...


$0 is appropriate for poor service. A 15% tip is just fine unless exceptional service is provided.

ArcaneXor said: BenDB said: tafka said: This deal has already been posted (buried on page 8 of the AMEX DelTaco thread), but I think it's hot enough to deserve its own thread

3. Go have a nice dinner at The Melting Pot (salad, cheese fondue, meat fondue, and free chocolate fondue ALL FOR TWO is $52 - $25 + $4/$5/$6 + tip = $35)


Great post, thank you - I think I'll give this a try.

But I think I'll tip a bit more - one should tip on the amount before coupon. Your math: $52-25=$27 + $4 = $31 means your suggested tip is $4. If you are basing this on a $27 bill, that is about 15% - which would be appropriate for poor service in my book. But you really should be basing your tip on $52 + $15 (desert fondue) = $67. Which would make your tip about 6%...


$0 is appropriate for poor service. A 15% tip is just fine unless exceptional service is provided.


Your point is correct, but it has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation. But, thanks for letting us know that you are a cheapo.

I started this discussion about tips. May I suggest we stop discussing what percentage of the bill good tip is? It doesn't really relate to this deal. I was trying to point out that it is traditional to tip on the pre-discounted price.

punt99 said: ArcaneXor said: BenDB said: tafka said: This deal has already been posted (buried on page 8 of the AMEX DelTaco thread), but I think it's hot enough to deserve its own thread

3. Go have a nice dinner at The Melting Pot (salad, cheese fondue, meat fondue, and free chocolate fondue ALL FOR TWO is $52 - $25 + $4/$5/$6 + tip = $35)


Great post, thank you - I think I'll give this a try.

But I think I'll tip a bit more - one should tip on the amount before coupon. Your math: $52-25=$27 + $4 = $31 means your suggested tip is $4. If you are basing this on a $27 bill, that is about 15% - which would be appropriate for poor service in my book. But you really should be basing your tip on $52 + $15 (desert fondue) = $67. Which would make your tip about 6%...


$0 is appropriate for poor service. A 15% tip is just fine unless exceptional service is provided.


Your point is correct, but it has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation. But, thanks for letting us know that you are a cheapo.


This is Fatwallet, not the millionaire's club

In any case, I usually start my tip calculations at 15% of the total before taxes and any discounts. For exceptional service, I go up to 20% (rarely 25% if they really go out of their way), for poor service I go lower. If it's truly bad to the point of being offensive or intolerable, I won't leave a tip at all.

I was wondering if I have to buy the gift certificates through restaurant.com or can I just use American Express card twice at a grocery store or gas station.
Please let me know

Thanks

krazieman said: Chewy734 said: tafka said: 3. Go have a nice dinner at The Melting Pot (salad, cheese fondue, meat fondue, and free chocolate fondue ALL FOR TWO is $52 - $25 + $4/$5/$6 + tip = $35)

Dude... I hope you tip more than $2-4 on a $52 meal!


Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. I've always tipped 20% of the original bill when using a restaurant.com coupon cause I already feel cheap using it.

That is what you should ALWAYS do when using coupons/BOGO's. Tip on the cost of the original bill, and not the discounted price.

flipv6 said: Can't find any of the Northern VA Melting Pots listed on restaurant.com.
Anyone get it to work?

It is showing up for the Burlington, MA location. The minimum Entree For Two is $55, not $52, though.

-Ben

Where are the 40%, 50%, and 60% codes for this offer?

Works for Buffalo, NY

This requires an AMEX card?

sflater said: Where are the 40%, 50%, and 60% codes for this offer?

Read the quick summary on the first page.

xShadoWxDrifTx said: This requires an AMEX card?

Yes. You need to mail your receipts to get your movie passes, and it's an AMEX exclusive offer. Just view the pdf in step 5 of the OP's post and it'll all make sense.

Anyone find anything in Georgia? Will this deal work with other restaurants? The pdf form does not state any specific place.

I still don't know what the f a "fondue" is.

Who can explain?

marketingmike said: I still don't know what the f a "fondue" is.

Who can explain?

There is a hotplate in the middle of your table. The server brings out a pot of liquid,oil or a wine based one (Which I think is the best tasting btw.). Once really hot, they bring you the meat/seafood/veggies which are raw on a plate along with some metal skewers. You then skewer your food, cook it in the pot, and then dip it in the various sauces they bring with your meal.

It's actually really romantic. You control the pace at which you eat your meal, how your food is cooked, and can just chat and eat at your leisure. They also have a cracking good wine list, albeit a good number of the wines are a bit overpriced. Look for some of the more esoteric wines from small producers. Those will tend to yield some superb wine values. My wife and I love it. I would though caution against bringing very young children here. The hotplate is VERY hot, the liquid in the pot is boiling, you have raw food on the table, and it's just too easy for something bad to happen. Just look at it as a romantic excuse to get a babysitter and go out to dinner without the rugrats.

Really surprised at the positive response to this thread. It should have all along noted that almost none of the Melting Pot locations in the country are relevant to the steps listed.

Basically, this deal works for an extremely limited number of people in Texas.

The cheapest "All for Two" selection is $66 (not $52)on Long Island. Figures, everything here is expensive.

For those without a participating Melting Pot nearby, here is the complete list of merchants:

Atlantic Flooring
Baker Pool and Spa
Bamboo
Benson's Appliance Center
Cafe of Love
Carlito's Pizzeria
Carolina Custom Golf
Charlie Banana's Bar
Chipain Finer Foods
Christy's Serenity Day Spa
Citron Bistro
Del Taco
Eddies of Mount Vernon
Front Street Brewery
Harley Davidson
Highlands Wine Seller
House of Carpets
La Fontana Della Citta
Lifestyles for Less
Long Lake Market
Midbay Furniture
Panisa Thai
Portofino Charlie
PR Partners
Professional Skin Concepts
Senor Pepper
Starfire
Stauffers of Kissel Hill
Strawberry Street Market
The Bridge Tender
The Fish House Grill
The Melting Pot
Tom Sawyer Diner
Trinity Monitoring
Zeytina
Zylstra Harley Davidson

REPOST

In other words, it hardly works anywhere and there is no distinction between this post and the original post otherwise.

hpmoon said: REPOST

In other words, it hardly works anywhere and there is no distinction between this post and the original post otherwise.


All I see is Del Taco talk in the first one.

ionizer said: hpmoon said: REPOST

In other words, it hardly works anywhere and there is no distinction between this post and the original post otherwise.


All I see is Del Taco talk in the first one.


The double-fried fondue-taco on-a-skewer is my favorite!

OK, I'm gonna be the stupid one, EXACTLY how is this whole thing done?

Thanks!

sehrwunderbar said: OK, I'm gonna be the stupid one, EXACTLY how is this whole thing done?

Thanks!


Did you even bother to READ this thread?

hpmoon said: Basically, this deal works for an extremely limited number of people in Texas.
Other locations too - anywhere where you can get a restaurant.com coupon for a Melting Pot. Burlington MA and Buffalo, NY are both confirmed.

bringing it back to the tipping issue...

i tend to drink a lot of water or iced tea with a meal. i love it when the waiter/waitress brings me a refill without me having to ask for one, and before i run out.

all things aside, that's excellent service for me. it shows that they're being attentive to your needs...and i'll show my appreciation with a 20-25% tip.

Learning to notice that the first post was edited? Important.

worst food in the world. totally not even worth 45 bucks.

Skipping 6 Messages...
Not for the Rancho Cucamonga, CA location



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014