• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=381032&pCatg=4427

Past ones have gotten about as decent reviews as any others. Probably expect a couple hours of very bright light before dimming which is good considering it takes 3 regular AAA batteries and not AA or CR123. Body should be tough and it has a recessed tailcap switch.

considering most K2's from any brand are 30-40 bucks , <$15 each seems like a very good price.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

lzpoof said: http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=381032&pCatg=4427

Past ones have gotten about as decent reviews as any others. Probably expect a couple hours of very bright light before dimming which is good considering it takes 3 regular AAA batteries and not AA or CR123. Body should be tough and it has a recessed tailcap switch.

considering most K2's from any brand are 30-40 bucks , <$15 each seems like a very good price.

I have the 2 generation old ones of these are they are quite nicely made. Saw these new ones and am tempted to get these. If anyone has reviews, please do post.

lzpoof said: http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=381032&pCatg=4427

"40-HourRun Time on 3 AAA Batteries "
So the dimmed light lasts for 38hours after the initial 2hours of bright?

These absolutely blow the old models that Sam's carried this and last year out of the water. I bought them the other day expecting them to be marginally brighter, but these things are amazing especially for the price. Many sam's still have the older models on display next to the k2 version for about the same price, so make sure you pick up the right package. You will not be disappointed. They loose about half the brightness after ~7 hours on a set of batteries. AAA batteries is a huge plus. Buy them, buy them, buy them.

Best bang for the buck of any LED available today.

How can you tell the difference between the new and older model? item # only
#933440? Very tempting...

Does anyone know if Sams still does the one day guest pass for non members?

Hopefully the ones I have seen in the recent past were the OLD models. I've checked these 2-pack LED flashlights out at Sams, which usually have display models sitting out, and while they were "pretty bright", they were nowhere near the high brightness like that of the Rayovac 4watt Sportsman Extreme which can be had for about $20, or the Lowes Task Force 3-watt CREE LED Aluminum which can be had for $25-$30 usually.

Obviously, this is a pretty nice deal since you are getting two LED flashlights for $30, but the ones I remember playing with seemed like they would be equivalent to a nice 1watt LED flashlight.

All the same, as Plappo mentioned, the ones I have seen may have been the "old ones" and there may be new ones at the store. Will try to head out there in the coming days and check them out.

PacoDeth said: Hopefully the ones I have seen in the recent past were the OLD models. I've checked these 2-pack LED flashlights out at Sams, which usually have display models sitting out, and while they were "pretty bright", they were nowhere near the high brightness like that of the Rayovac 4watt Sportsman Extreme which can be had for about $20, or the Lowes Task Force 3-watt CREE LED Aluminum which can be had for $25-$30 usually.

Obviously, this is a pretty nice deal since you are getting two LED flashlights for $30, but the ones I remember playing with seemed like they would be equivalent to a nice 1watt LED flashlight.

All the same, as Plappo mentioned, the ones I have seen may have been the "old ones" and there may be new ones at the store. Will try to head out there in the coming days and check them out.

The "old ones" that were clearanced at Sams 2 years ago were the 1 watt. Since then they have had the Element 3 watt 2 packs, 80 Lumen for $28 which is much brighter than any of the 1 watt lights. The new Element K2 2 packs came in about 2 months ago to our Sams club for the same $28 as the 3 watt. The K2 is brighter than the Task Force Cree hands down (I have both) and the K2 produces not only a very intense spot but also provides an area flood light without sacrificing any brightness on the spot.

The Element 2 pack of 3 watt lights went on clearance here last month for $20 and dropped to $14 last Monday when they sold out. The clearance prices for the 3 watt packs never did show up online, only in the store.

Entirely different purposes, of course, but I love the Gerber Infinity Ultra. 30 hours of good light on one AA battery; can be clipped to the bill of a cap, super-rugged, fits in my pocket.

Silver Infinity Ultra

Black Infinity Ultra

This is still a very good deal, so green.

tecum said: How can you tell the difference between the new and older model? item # only
#933440? Very tempting...

The new model package says K2 in big type on it. They also say '150 lumens'.

I bought these recently. I have other LED flashlights but these are by far the brightest. Definitely worth the price. Try looking into them and you'll be blinded for a while.

Just picked them up finally today. These are really nice compared to the previous ones.. Compared with my other flash lights, these have the potential to become my favs. +s:-

1) Light level is F A N T A S T I C as compared to 1W elements, streamlight twin task & cyclops 3 watt units I own
2) Solid construction. Not at good as the cyclops though, but good overall
3) Button on the back rather than top.. nice touch.

Of course the 3 AAAs make the elements really nice to have and easy to take on trips.

thedutt said: Just picked them up finally today. These are really nice compared to the previous ones.. Compared with my other flash lights, these have the potential to become my favs. +s:-

1) Light level is F A N T A S T I C as compared to 1W elements, streamlight twin task & cyclops 3 watt units I own
2) Solid construction. Not at good as the cyclops though, but good overall
3) Button on the back rather than top.. nice touch.

Of course the 3 AAAs make the elements really nice to have and easy to take on trips.

I finally bought a set myself ... gotta say I'm not happy with quality control on the 2 I got. They are very different color temperatures which indicates poor QC on the LEDs. And the reflectors on them are very different near aperture for the LED, the beam looks completely different on them as you turn the head. Basically it's like they cut one reflector too short. I'd like to see if they'll take them back but I don't know if it's worth my effort.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014