• filter:
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Weíre trying to cut down on our list of stickies. Too many clutters the forum. Iím going to try and consolidate the information here (there will be quite a bit of cut and paste), but Iíll place links to the old threads for reference and continued discussion.

Welcome everyone to our Grocery Coupons and Deals Forum! What you see is not all that you will eventually get. We will be adding features to this forum over time. FatWallet exists to empower consumers into wise and shrewd shopping behaviors. In the future we will be adding and tweaking to work toward maximizing our potential.

Thank you to everyone who participates in here. To those who are new, I want to help you get a feel for what goes on in here. First, please read the FAQ thread. Our Grocery community seems to have developed its own language. That FAQ includes a decoder ring in the Quick Summary.

Oh, and then there are the rules. They arenít overly extensive, but they are important.

Itís one thing to know about a coupon; itís another thing to find it. We have an ongoing list of sites with printable coupons. Feel free to contribute! Remember, FatWallet is about consumers gathering together to share their wealth of ideas and resources. :)

As with any community out there, we too have our share of ďcontroversy.Ē (Címon, everybody knows that a little bit of drama helps make forums fun. :p) We donít want to avoid spirited conversation about the ethics of consumer approaches. Indeed, FatWallet is the very place where those kinds of conversations should happen. Personal ethics is always a part of any decision-making process. Thus, hosting a dialogue about the ethics involved in finding deals is vital to what we do. To catch up on our most contentions issues, check out this thread.

Edit: Fixed longstanding spelling errors.
groceries

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
it's in the name....coupons

lordoffire (Feb. 08, 2014 @ 3:35p) |

Fair enough, I don't really use or look at manufacturer's coupons before shopping, I should try to be better about that.... (more)

washerdreyer (Feb. 10, 2014 @ 2:10p) |

I don't do the majority of my shopping at Fairway, but there's nothing that I typically buy there that I could use coupo... (more)

billrubin (Sep. 22, 2014 @ 9:52p) |

RA wellness+ rewards card:

* must be scanned to get sale prices
* must be scanned to get +UP rewards
* IS NOT linked to SCR accounts as of yet
* is linked to +UP rewards in some areas
* is linked to your phone number, so if you forgot your card use your phone number
* reward levels: plus- 10% shopping pass for every 125 points accumulated, silver - accumulated 500 points and get 10% off all non-sale non-prescription purchases & get 1 wellness checkup voucher, gold- accumulated 1000 points, get 20% off all non-sale non-prescription purchases
* points are accumulated after all RA coupons, which include: VV coupons, in-ad coupons, wellness+ coupons, +UP rewards. manufacturer coupons accumulate points. they take a few days to register to your card.
* at the beginning of every calendar year it will be restarted so you must reearn your % off status with purchases

wellness+ checkout register tape (CRT):

* every other week, there will be wellness+ CRT coupons, these are unique and 1 time use per printout
* during the week, there will be a maximum of 4 prints per coupon (1 set per transaction)
* there are usually 2 different coupons, each transaction will print 1 of each
* these cannot be reprinted

% off wellness+ rewards discount:

* the % taken off will ONLY apply to non-sale items
* if the sale price is less than 10% off, when you have the silver level you will get 10% off, if the sale price is less than 20% off, you will get 20% off at the gold level
* the % savings WILL NOT stack
* if it's B1G1 free, that sale price is what you will get. you will not get additional discounts from the wellness+ % savings
* % savings WILL NOT be taken off of clearanced items
* updated: when you receive the discount percentage and need to do a deal to achieve a $$ threshold, the % savings will affect your threshold. i.e. RA sale price is $5, the deal is spend $15 get $5, regular price of the one item is $5.29, your discount is 10% off or 5.29 - 10% = 4.76 better price than their advertised sale price so you will get this price, but because you MUST meet $15 to get $5 you HAVE to buy more items to meet that threshold. instead of $5 x 3 = $15 get $5, you will have to buy $4.76 x 4 = $19.04. same applies to 20% discount, same theory and procedure: 5.29 - 20% = 4.23, better than advertised sale price, so you get that price $4.23 x 4 = 16.93 reach $15 to get $5 . best advice from me is to ALWAYS carry a small calculator in your pocket just so you can calculate the price in the store in cases where the prices are different from location to location.

+UP rewards:

* +UP rewards are a printout at the end of your receipt with a $ amount for purchasing X to fulfill a promotion
* they are currently printing 1 coupon per promotion purchased, meaning if you buy 2 XYZ you will get $ x 2 prints. they do not print out in 1 lump sum like CVS i.e. $2 WYB 1 item, you bought 4 items to max your limit, at CVS it will print a $8 ECB while RA will print 4 individual $2 +UP rewards. your receipt will be LONG. and as a reminder: limit at RA is currently randomly programmed.
* the whole amount on the +UP reward must be redeemed, it cannot be splitted up into 2 and it will not give you money back so plan accordingly
* expired +UP rewards aren't accepted and WILL beep, use it or lose it to its full capacity
* +UPs cannot be reprinted if it was jammed/errored/system down, best bet is to call corp or return and rebuy with understandin g their return policy that they WILL NOT return your coupons and will only return your out of pocket expense
* raincheck for +UP promotions, this is a sticky situation which will probably be fixed soon, but for now, people are saying they get a raincheck with a limit of 1 as indicated on the ad with the price of the item on the ad subtracting amount of the +UP reward i.e. item $2.99 get 2 +UP reward, your raincheck will state item $2.99 with wellness+ card - $2 +UP, you pay .99 cents

+UPs program comparing to CVS:

* +UPs can be used like cash; with the regular restrictions excluding prescription s, tobacco, lottery, etc.
* +UPs are store coupons and CANNOT be used elsewhere but at Rite Aid
* +UPs can be used to purchase the same item that produced the +UPs reward given that you have not reached the RANDOM limit that the program has been set to (depending on item/deals the limit may be unlimited)
* you MUST use your wellness card to receive any +UP rewards & discounts
* CERTAIN areas are being tracked for get $ WYB $$, similar to CVS' deals - but some areas aren't being tracked and must make the whole $ WYB $$ purchase in 1 transaction, CVS also has this type of situation when they have a get X FREE WYB $$
* there are monthly deals, almost the same as CVS, but better because they PRICE LOCK! Like Walgreens, the price is locked for the duration of the promotion even if the price tag is not there.
* like ECB, if the +UP was scanned as used, it can no longer be redeemed again so make sure to have the +UP voided and refunded as unused or you lose it.

+UPs program comparing to WAGs:

* it's supposed to be 1 print of +UP reward per transaction, but that's not yet the case so it's not so similar anymore
* at locations not being tracked, the $ WYB $$ must be made in 1 transaction and you MUST meet or exceed the $$ stated, missing just a few cents like CVS will NOT yield/print a +UP reward
* you do not need a filler item, just make sure your total exceeds the amount you're going to use in +UP rewards

RA coupons: these different types can be stacked on top of manufacturer 's coupons, per RA's coupon policy

RA $ off $$:

* these tend to be unique, but there's an exception to this rule.
* $ off $$ from VV so far have been unique
* RA sent out a quarterly update, which had a unique $ off $$
* munchkin posted a non-prescription purchase $ off $$ which IS NOT unique and can be used multiple times per card. but many rumors have been coming about stores tracking coupon use to see if you're photocopying .
* there are $5 off $25 purchase IPs on redplum - RA printable thread will have a zip code to try

RA video value (VV) coupons:

* on riteaid.com there's a toolbar to the right that directs you to a video value site by adperks, you must sign up, this is not yet linked to your wellness+ rewards card
* you can sign up using your real name if you like or if you don't want your name on coupons sign up using pseudonyms like first name "Valued" last name "Custome r" and your coupon will print out for "Valued Customer"
* 98% have unique codes, they fill up almost the whole barcode area
* you can use multiple VV coupons depending on your store/cashier/SM/SS etc. and to use multiple, that means making multiple VV accounts. using the same VV coupon on another wellness card WILL NOT work because that coupon is unique.
* it's advised that you watch all the videos even if you think you might not use it, it might come in handy during some deals in the future and the video may no longer be available for viewing
* you DO NOT need to print out everything all at once, just watch the videos and leave them in your "my rewards". they will not be available after the expiration dates and after you've printed them out.

RA wellness coupons:

* they aren't unique yet, can be used multiple times per card.
* depending on stores, they may allow multiple usage per transaction given you've met the threshold per coupon i.e. $1 off $10, so some stores allow you to use 2 of the $1 off $10 when you have $20 qualifying items in your transaction and etc.
* certain coupons can be found when you log into your wellness account

RA in-ad coupons:

* they aren't like WAGs where you use 1 in-ad coupon and it discounts every item that coupon is intended for. it only discounts at FACE VALUE on 1 item.
* depending on location, you may be able to use more than 1 per transaction.
* in-ad coupons CAN be combined with the VV coupons AND wellness coupons AND manufacturer coupons. if your store states otherwise, contact corp.

RA's SCR:

* the limit can be more than just 1 per account - check the website or booklet which is found in the store
* some promotions will require buy $$ to get $ back in rebate - your % wellness discount WILL affect the total.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Too wordy. Just give me the links and leave the rest to the QS.

rated:
well knock me over with a feather,when did the trading board start back up again,i remember begging the mods to keep the board up,i am so glad that it's back

rated:
WillaD said: well knock me over with a feather,when did the trading board start back up again,i remember begging the mods to keep the board up,i am so glad that it's backAt least you caught it before the end of the year. :p

rated:
HOLY COW!!! No one told me the coupon boards were back here! Hi Willa!!!! I met a lot of nice coupon people here and was so bummed when we all had to find new homes. I run across a few of you elsewhere but it all started here.

Glad you're back online.

rated:
WillaD said: well knock me over with a feather,when did the trading board start back up again,i remember begging the mods to keep the board up,i am so glad that it's back

rosegarden said: HOLY COW!!! No one told me the coupon boards were back here! Hi Willa!!!! I met a lot of nice coupon people here and was so bummed when we all had to find new homes. I run across a few of you elsewhere but it all started here.

Glad you're back online.

Hmmm... I'm starting to see a theme.

rated:
perhaps Fatwallet needs a resident board marketing correspondent. I decided I am going to at least put this when I can remember "Welcome to Fatwallet, We ALL are glad you are here", sure would be nice if we could put POSITIVE SIGNATURES in modern or classic view when we reply It sure would help in spreading that Pro good attitude from us old fogies.

rated:
I have looked at a lot of coupon site,nothing on any of them. Can somne help me out .

rated:
how does these coupons helps me. Do you accept all types coupons.

rated:
veteransadvantage said: how does these coupons helps me. Do you accept all types coupons.I'd like to answer, but I guess I'm just not getting the question. Can you clarify?

rated:
So, what is the plan for this so called "grocery" forum? Is it going to evolve into anything like SD? I alert mods all the time about grocery deals that are in hot deals and they refuse to move them here! What is the strategy? Are there any mods that actually watch over this forum?

Grocery should be renamed to grocery/drug store deals. The terms used here and the exclusiveness of the rebate programs just throw the people in hot deals for loops. They don't understand the Lingo and the uniqueness of the store specific rebate programs.

ANYBODY????

rated:
SafetyDance said: So, what is the plan for this so called "grocery" forum? Is it going to evolve into anything like SD? I alert mods all the time about grocery deals that are in hot deals and they refuse to move them here! What is the strategy? Are there any mods that actually watch over this forum?

Grocery should be renamed to grocery/drug store deals. The terms used here and the exclusiveness of the rebate programs just throw the people in hot deals for loops. They don't understand the Lingo and the uniqueness of the store specific rebate programs.

ANYBODY????
Yes, we do watch the Grocery Forum. Generally, grocery and health & beauty items go into the Grocery Forum, unless we're looking at a deal at an online grocery (like Amazon). Changing the name of the forum for clarity is something worth considering. Thanks for sharing that idea.

If you have thoughts or observations you would like to talk with us more extensively about, feel free to send in a Support Ticket. It's the easiest way for us to enter into a conversation.

rated:
Yes, grocery/Drugstore deals would be a much better name for the forum.

rated:
I couldn't see a link to the FAQ in Modern, although it's visible in classic.

rated:
I couldn't see a link to the FAQ in Modern, although it's visible in classic, and it's visible when I'm previewing this reply.

I'd attach a screenshot but it won't let me upload a .jpg

rated:
edit - duplicate post - boy, it's giving me trouble.

Oh, and I don't have to be in preview mode - I can see the FAQ here.

edit #2 - now it won't let me in to classic (when I click on the classic button, it takes me to this post which -- at the moment -- is at the bottom of the page.

rated:
thanks.gr8.deal

rated:
hurray! thanks a lot for this forum, love fr: the coupon queen of S. Chicago

rated:
LOL, FW should not have deleted trhe grocery forum we had years ago. They lost alot of couponers to other boards.

rated:
I am back because I saw this forum. Glad to see it back!!!!

rated:
tiggy818 said: I am back because I saw this forum. Glad to see it back!!!!And we're glad to see you back, too!

rated:
am i the only one that prefered grocery deals in hot deals? imho, there are some amazing deals that get buried here and dont get the attention they deserve.

rated:
i am so confused.

rated:
heavenlyangel01 said: i am so confused.About what?

rated:
I have looked at a lot of gifts card site.Can somne help me out.

rated:
Gilbertobryan said: I have looked at a lot of gifts card site.Can somne help me out.If you tell me more, I might be able to point you in the right direction. Feel free to send me a PM.

rated:
Wow I didnt know this forum was here until today
as I was looking for good deals here & found this
forum. Thanks mods for this FW forum.

rated:

rated:
Cash Back portals like MrRebates, Bing, AAfter Search and ShopAtHome can also be tried out.

rated:
tiggy818 said: I am back because I saw this forum. Glad to see it back!!!!

Agreed! Me too!

What I'm looking for, and haven't found, is the list of sites where you can find printable grocery coupons?

TIA and nice to see this back (grin) --

bookladyjkd

rated:
can we get coupons as big as the actual amt? i mean if thats possible

rated:
Impressive!

rated:
Impressive!
too bad a dead deal!!

rated:
XTex said: Impressive!
too bad a dead deal!!
Dead deal? *scratches head*

rated:
Hmm... I know I wandered over here two years ago when the GC forum first came back but I got distracted by shiny things. Any of the old guard still around? I first posted in the old GC forum 8 or 9 years ago. Wow, I feel old.

rated:
Hey there. Welcome back!

rated:
VBMcGB (Staff) said: We have an ongoing list of sites with printable coupons.

Can we have a new thread with a list of sites with printable coupons? I'd like to be able to sticky it. Or is one out there somewhere already?

rated:
Bluefw said:   VBMcGB (Staff) said: We have an ongoing list of sites with printable coupons.

Can we have a new thread with a list of sites with printable coupons? I'd like to be able to sticky it. Or is one out there somewhere already?
If you go here, that is a thread in the Grocery Coupon & Deals Forum. You should be able to turn it into a sticky. Was there something wrong with that thread, or did you miss it?

ETA: OOPS! I just realized the problem. That thread is archived. If you want to start a new one, feel free. We can then fill it with the old info and make set it to never archive.

rated:
Thanks for the feedback, VBMCGB. I plan to start a new one, but haven't done so yet.

I have another question. What constitutes a Grocery Coupons and Deals post v.s a Hot Deals post? A coupple of my posts have been moved recently and I want to make sure I post in the correct place in the future. For example, I posted this thread here, but it was moved to Hot Deals.

Skipping 36 Messages...
rated:
washerdreyer said:   
lordoffire said:   
washerdreyer said:   I'm not sure where else to put this, not asking to be spoonfed but just wondering if anyone has helpful thoughts: I do all (or essentially all) of my grocery shopping at Fairway, an NYC-based chain. I have no desire to change that, they seem to be at my sweet-spot on the price/quality continuum. Other than checking their weekly specials, which I certainly do, and having a 6% CB card for groceries (check!) any advice on other ways to lower my grocery costs? Thanks!
† it's in the name....coupons

††Fair enough, I don't really use or look at manufacturer's coupons before shopping, I should try to be better about that.

I don't do the majority of my shopping at Fairway, but there's nothing that I typically buy there that I could use coupons on. Of course if you're buying dairy and grocery items there will be some coupons available.†

Fairway's specials have gotten confusing recently because they have the long monthly circular with some specials, and a smaller weekly circular. So it's more difficult to find the deals (their prices have also gotten higher since they've had financial problems). I'm not sure if you're in Manhattan or elsewhere in NYC, but I heard a story on Manhattan grocery store prices recently, and Fairway was the cheapest with Whole Foods at #2. You don't normally think of WFM as being cheap, but when I visited the one in Columbus Circle recently, it appeared that their prices were the same as their suburban stores I shop at. So what may seem pricey in the suburbs is actually cheap in Manhattan.

I'm not aware of any of the grocery deals sites that cover Fairway, but you could check. I know that LRWC does Whole Foods, so you could check their deals. WFM has their own coupons and there are some good deals when you combine those and Ibotta, like free Runa iced tea (I'm up to my 3rd offer now).

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014