• filter:
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Bluefw said:   Thanks for the feedback, VBMCGB. I plan to start a new one, but haven't done so yet.

I have another question. What constitutes a Grocery Coupons and Deals post v.s a Hot Deals post? A coupple of my posts have been moved recently and I want to make sure I post in the correct place in the future. For example, I posted this thread here, but it was moved to Hot Deals.
Good question. In fact, it's so good that we'll be tackling it in our next mod meeting. Therefore, what I'm about to say is subject to change in the next week.

Currently, the Grocery Coupons and Deals includes the following brick & mortar deals (no online deals):

I hope that helps.

Ads by Google
rated:
A cool thing I found for iPhone users is a free app call keyring in the itunes app stor, you simply scan in all of your key ring cards then when you are checking out at the store they scan the image of it on off of your phone. I love it!

rated:
I sent a message to Support but doesn't show up in my Support requests so I thought I'd post here.
I don't know what you call the bar but first black bar says Coupons & Deals-Forums- Cash Back
Select Forums.
The next bar down is user specific and has tabs for one's favorite forums. Mine are Hot Deals- Deal Discussion- Expired Deals- Technology- Grocery Coupons & Deals - Today in blue on a gray field.
Since the recent update, when you select the tab for a forum its in black. BUT the Grocery Coupons & Deals Forum never turns black. Its always blue even when in that forum. Just thought I'd point it out.

rated:
kcboy713 said:   A cool thing I found for iPhone users is a free app call keyring in the itunes app stor, you simply scan in all of your key ring cards then when you are checking out at the store they scan the image of it on off of your phone. I love it!

i got this app free for android on amaz0n ... not sure if it's still free.
haven't tried it yet though.

rated:
Good job! Thumbs up.

rated:
pecanpie said:   kcboy713 said:   A cool thing I found for iPhone users is a free app call keyring in the itunes app stor, you simply scan in all of your key ring cards then when you are checking out at the store they scan the image of it on off of your phone. I love it!i got this app free for android on amaz0n ... not sure if it's still free.
haven't tried it yet though.
Yes, I also got it free and it's great. There's another one called CardStar but I do not like it as much. They don't even have Shoprite on their list of stores. The only thing I do not like about Key Ring is that they show ads for some online pharmacy when you look at offers for your drug store cards.

Sadly, most of the scanners out there do not read the phone. You need the new square scanners for it to work.

rated:
I'd really like to see the title of the forum changed to better reflect the post content. The Drugstore deals aren't really grocery deals. I think this forum is ignored by many that frequent the Hot Deals forum because either they don't realize it is here or because they don't realize the content based on the forum title. There are a lot of good deals posted here, many free items or moneymakers after easily obtainable coupons, but only a few people regularly populate the forum. I now come to this forum more frequently than Hot Deals because the items featured here are ones that I need to be repurchased frequently, unlike the bigger ticket electronics that are frequently posted to the Hot Deals forum.

rated:
Everything else goes here! i am so confused.

rated:
Awesome forum here, is there any place where we can get more accurate coupon info here than on couponmom.com? Their cpn listings sometimes are quite inaccurate.

rated:
mnredfox said:   Awesome forum here, is there any place where we can get more accurate coupon info here than on couponmom.com? Their cpn listings sometimes are quite inaccurate.
Hot Coupon World has a good data base if that's what you're looking for. No membership required. Includes tp, ht, peelies, etc. vs. Coupon Mom only has insert info.

rated:
have been using grocery for 5years, i swear its good

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   mnredfox said:   Awesome forum here, is there any place where we can get more accurate coupon info here than on couponmom.com? Their cpn listings sometimes are quite inaccurate.
Hot Coupon World has a good data base if that's what you're looking for. No membership required. Includes tp, ht, peelies, etc. vs. Coupon Mom only has insert info.

Thanks for the info am looking for the same thing

rated:
Looks like something worth digging...

rated:
are these coupons up-to-date?

rated:
jumpattack said:   are these coupons up-to-date?

judging by the activity on here, i guess not!

rated:
There are coupons here ?

rated:
bump, anyone out here

rated:
I was hoping for some deals!

rated:
I would like to know sites where you can print coupons easily, without downloading coupon software and especially not getting a "toolbar" along with it. Specifically, Sunday paper coupons. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I don't understand why I got red for this comment, I think it's a legitimate question if sites like this exist. Maybe folks giving me red are the 'dreaded coupon printer software & toolbar inventors' and that's why it's red, whatever, it's not helpful to my query.

rated:
When are the actual coupon deals going to be posted?
Thanks
Adm24

rated:
1. The top post here, the "welcome" message, needs to be updated. It is 4 years old.

---
2. At least 3 of the major links in this "welcome" message point to archived threads:

The link pointing to a FAQ of the forum is to an archived thread started 5 years ago and ended 4 years ago: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/grocery-coupons/838529/ The present stickied FAQ of this forum isn't even mentioned in the "welcome" messsage.

The link pointing to "controversies" of this forum is to an archived thread started (and ended) 5 years ago: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/grocery-coupons/840275/

The link pointing to a list of printable coupon sites is to an archived thread started (and ended) 5 years ago:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/grocery-coupons/838562/

---
3. The information in the quick summary seems to be detailed information exclusively about RiteAid or somewhere? Surely there's a better place for that info than the quick summary of the Welcome thread, which is one of the very few stickied threads on this forum.

In sum, this thread is not a great introduction to this forum to newcomers in 2013 who are trying to learn about this part of FW.

---
4. The name of the forum should be expanded if Drugstore coupons must go here.

---
5. This forum should DEFINITELY have select threads cross-posted (double-posted) here -- for example: the Target printable coupons thread, which is placed in Hot Deals, even though 85% of the Target printable coupons seem to be for grocery or Drugstore items. You folks do this routinely for other threads that straddle two forums.

---

By the way, I posted these ideas in the Fatwallet forum here: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/fatwallet/1272015/

rated:
I too want to find a post with printable coupons where I dont have to download the coupon printer software.

rated:
flyingwings said:   I too want to find a post with printable coupons where I dont have to download the coupon printer software.
  The NSA isn't going to allow that to happen. They'll do anything to maintain their operation designed to retrieve personal information from the millions of people who have foolishly bought into the whole idea of "coupons".

Plus, the hypno-toad demands it.

[This is of course, a lie. If you're ignorant enough to be paranoid about coupon printers, don't use them and quit whining about it.]

rated:
lordoffire said:   
flyingwings said:   I too want to find a post with printable coupons where I dont have to download the coupon printer software.
[This is of course, a lie. If you're ignorant enough to be paranoid about coupon printers, don't use them and quit whining about it.]

That's not very nice to call someone "ignorant", lof.

===
Like Flyingwings, I too would rather not download the coupon printer software. 

I'm pretty cautious about what I put on my computer, and I don't think the caution is unwarranted.

What I do is download the coupon printer software when I want to print out some coupons, and then uninstall it from my computer right after. 
You get an automatic prompt to download it the next time you try to print a coupon, and it only takes a few seconds to re-install then.

But I only print out coupons a few times a month... I can see how installing and uninstalling might become annoying if one is printing out coupons more often than that.

I also choose not to have Java on my computer - too much trouble to try to quarantine if from everything else - and therefore I miss out on some coupon sites, but I don't mind.

rated:
NantucketSunrise said:   
lordoffire said:   

That's not very nice to call someone "ignorant", lof.

===
Like Flyingwings, I too would rather not download the coupon printer software. 

I'm pretty cautious about what I put on my computer, and I don't think the caution is unwarranted.

What I do is download the coupon printer software when I want to print out some coupons, and then uninstall it from my computer right after. 
You get an automatic prompt to download it the next time you try to print a coupon, and it only takes a few seconds to re-install then.

But I only print out coupons a few times a month... I can see how installing and uninstalling might become annoying if one is printing out coupons more often than that.

I also choose not to have Java on my computer - too much trouble to try to quarantine if from everything else - and therefore I miss out on some coupon sites, but I don't mind.

Please provide facts that support the need for caution.

I have used printers from pretty much every provider out there for years, on multiple computers and not once had a problem. My identity has not been stolen, I have not been brainwashed by terrorists, and have yet to become unplugged from the Matrix. Friggin chillax.

rated:
lordoffire said:   [This is of course, a lie. If you're ignorant enough to be paranoid about coupon printers, don't use them and quit whining about it.]
NantucketSunrise said:   That's not very nice to call someone "ignorant", lof.===

#0 ..... Like Flyingwings, I too would rather not download the coupon printer software. 

#1 ..... I'm pretty cautious about what I put on my computer, and I don't think the caution is unwarranted.

#2 ..... What I do is download the coupon printer software when I want to print out some coupons, and then uninstall it from my computer right after. 

#3 ..... But I only print out coupons a few times a month... I can see how installing and uninstalling might become annoying if one is printing out coupons more often than that.

#4 ..... I also choose not to have Java on my computer - too much trouble to try to quarantine if from everything else - and therefore I miss out on some coupon sites, but I don't mind.

If

#0 That's why they put the little RedBox Qz (Smartsource Coupon Machine) in the stores ... (but they do have cameras watching you !!!)

#1 Sooo ... you either write your own software or have no software on your computer ?? Since I doubt that you've dissected each bit of code for the executables/etc written by MS or Apple or ??

#2 It's easier just to turn it off in your browser ... it's also not an executable - so just a click to disable it.

#3 And even if you uninstall it ... are you sure it's gone ??

#4 Java can be turned off easily, too ... or run in a sandbox ... or a VM ...

and all the info that's passed just being on the web ... just using IE/FF/Chrome/etc and mail & ... & ... & ... & ...

Anywayz ... for all those nasty progz ... just spoof your IP and run a clean install each time you turn on your computer or on a separate partition. Or use your friends computer ...

rated:
Coupon site not in the original archived coupon thread, CommonKindness has printable coupons for organic and natural food brands, when you use coupons from them, you also help support charity (You get to pick which ones you want to support). I've gotten some good high-value coupons from here.

rated:
Thanks for the link.

rated:
SweetClover said:   Coupon site not in the original archived coupon thread, CommonKindness has printable coupons for organic and natural food brands, when you use coupons from them, you also help support charity (You get to pick which ones you want to support). I've gotten some good high-value coupons from here.

Thanks for the link - some interesting coupons on there!  Love Ines Rosales sweet tortillas from Spain.  And 50 cents off 2 White Rain products isn't bad when their typical price is $1 each.

rated:
Coupons.com - Changing the Zip code

on coupons.com - you can't change your zip in "Local" like you used to without first logging in (using only their site) ...

BUT ...

if you go to http://wincofoods.com/extra-savings/coupons/ ...  UPDATE >>> NO LONGER WORKS

NOW ...

http://www.livingrichwithcoupons.com/printable-coupons-2/coupons-com-2 
or
HERE, too

also, for the old page-style coupons.com ... http://coupons.walmart.com or http://coupons.allyou.com/couponweb/ 

rated:
can we trade buy and sell on
here ?

rated:
roadrunner12348166 said:   can we trade buy and sell on
here ?

in the proper forum

rated:
I'm not sure where else to put this, not asking to be spoonfed but just wondering if anyone has helpful thoughts: I do all (or essentially all) of my grocery shopping at Fairway, an NYC-based chain. I have no desire to change that, they seem to be at my sweet-spot on the price/quality continuum. Other than checking their weekly specials, which I certainly do, and having a 6% CB card for groceries (check!) any advice on other ways to lower my grocery costs? Thanks!

rated:
washerdreyer said:   I'm not sure where else to put this, not asking to be spoonfed but just wondering if anyone has helpful thoughts: I do all (or essentially all) of my grocery shopping at Fairway, an NYC-based chain. I have no desire to change that, they seem to be at my sweet-spot on the price/quality continuum. Other than checking their weekly specials, which I certainly do, and having a 6% CB card for groceries (check!) any advice on other ways to lower my grocery costs? Thanks!
  it's in the name....coupons

rated:
lordoffire said:   
washerdreyer said:   I'm not sure where else to put this, not asking to be spoonfed but just wondering if anyone has helpful thoughts: I do all (or essentially all) of my grocery shopping at Fairway, an NYC-based chain. I have no desire to change that, they seem to be at my sweet-spot on the price/quality continuum. Other than checking their weekly specials, which I certainly do, and having a 6% CB card for groceries (check!) any advice on other ways to lower my grocery costs? Thanks!
  it's in the name....coupons

Fair enough, I don't really use or look at manufacturer's coupons before shopping, I should try to be better about that.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014