T/Gel Shampoo at CVS - $4.99 (regularly 15.99)

Archived From: Grocery Coupons & Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I stopped at CVS today to buy some T/Gel Shampoo. This shampoo is from Neutrogena and contains coal tar extract. While not everyone may like this shampoo, my dermatologist recommended I add it to my shampoo rotation to help with an itchy scalp. (For me, it works!)

I found all sizes of this shampoo at CVS were on sale for $4.99. The price is the same for the small (4.4), the medium (8.5), and the large (16 oz). Of course, I purchased the large size...Actually, several of them. This normally sells at my local CVS for $15.99 so the $4.99 price is quite a sale. Luckily I also had some ECB to spend making the deal even better for me.

See replies for possible coupon leads to make the deal even better (thanks to those who posted follow-ups!).

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
The coupon posted by irishsaver too had the same address. Guess it's for New Zealanders.

vaduvur (Dec. 14, 2008 @ 6:29a) |

Yes you read it right. Wherever Auckland is - my CVS took it no problem..

obber (Dec. 18, 2008 @ 12:13a) |

I'm in PA School and we just discussed coal tar shampoo. Good in Moderation--- This type of shampoo has been linkedto ca... (more)

jenflower74 (Dec. 19, 2008 @ 7:48p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks op. Could you put in your post or the summary where you found it. This will help in determining if it's national or regional.

Done

Thanks, I think this is national as I found multiple boards taking about it when I searched for coupons. There's a $2.00 coupon on coupons.com that could make your deal sweeter. There was also a $1.00 coupon in the Sunday circulars in the Boston area and maybe others.

Deal confirmed in Florida. I bought 5 on Sunday.

I do not care brand name. I think the % of coal tar extract is the most important.

cz36dw said: I do not care brand name. I think the % of coal tar extract is the most important.

The T/Gel at CVS is 2% coal tar and the sale price is less than the CVS-branded equivalent.

awesome. i just ran out of my tiny 8.5 oz bottle.

thanks op. just picked up 2 last big bottle for $4.99 each (reg. $14.99).

mmm coal tar

Is it for dandruff?

And is this a clearance price?

Coupon for T-Gel

$2.00 exp July 2009 Might help someone found online at mommy saves big.
Address looked fishy thanks for noticing it.

dkong said: Is it for dandruff?

And is this a clearance price?

I don't know if this works for dandruff, but it works for an itchy scalp.

This does not appear to be a clearance price. The tag at the store looks like all of the other limited-time sale tags but I don't remember when the sale is over.

Thanks again for the links to the $2 coupon. I used them yesterday - getting a $15.99 (more or less depending on location) bottle of shampoo for $2.99 is why I love FatWallet!

Seems to be regular price at CVS in Manhattan.

I just picked up 2 16oz bottles for $2.99 (w/$2off coupon). Thanks OP!!

brooke789 said: I just picked up 2 16oz bottles for $2.99 (w/$2off coupon). Thanks OP!!

Thanks! Going first thing in the morning....hopefully they won't be out of them!

They didn't have the large sizes anymore so I got a 8.5oz regular strength and 2 6oz extra strength

14.97 - (3) T-Gel
.99 - (1) first aid kit (filler to use 3/15 q)
-6.00 - (3) $2 printable q
-3.00 - 3/10 hair care or hair color coupon (printed last time I bought 5 pantene shampoo/conditioner)
-3.00 - 3/15 q (one prints out everytime I make a purchase)
-3.00 - ECB from Dove skinvitalizer

Total OOP 1.43

Thanks OP. The 2 stores I checked didnt have the shelf marked, but they did scan at the sale price.

Am I reading this coupon right? "The Coupon Company Ltd, PO Box 47319, Ponsonby, Auckland. TCC 13186"

Auckland?

edit: found this link from another forum: $2 off coupon ends on 12/31/08

I wouldn't use it. The $2 IP are either on smartsource or coupons.com.

clar said: Am I reading this coupon right? "The Coupon Company Ltd, PO Box 47319, Ponsonby, Auckland. TCC 13186"

Auckland?

clar said: Am I reading this coupon right? "The Coupon Company Ltd, PO Box 47319, Ponsonby, Auckland. TCC 13186"

Auckland?

The coupon posted by irishsaver too had the same address. Guess it's for New Zealanders.

Auckland?

edit: found this link from another forum: $2 off coupon ends on 12/31/08

Yes you read it right. Wherever Auckland is - my CVS took it no problem..

I'm in PA School and we just discussed coal tar shampoo. Good in Moderation--- This type of shampoo has been linkedto cancer. FYI.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014