30 Pack Roti/Chapati for $6.99 Costco B&M, may be regional

Archived From: Grocery Coupons & Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Costco B&M has 30 Pack Roti/Chapati for $6.99 Costco B&M, may be regional.
This is a excellent deal since normally a 10 pack sells for $3.99 at Indian grocery stores. Note that this is uncooked roti/chapati, so you have to put it on Tawa/Griddle. I had good enough results putting it directly on open flame (removing the intermediate Tawa step)

These taste good, just like home made Chapatis, not Tortillas. And are superior to Pillsbury brand Chapatis since they are thin on the edges, so burn easily when on open flame, these do not have that problem. Though the pack advertises whole wheat on top, the Chapatis are actually a mixture of whole and enriched wheat (ingredients). One thing people may not like is that the Chapatis are not separated by Butter Paper/Plastic film, hence may be stuck together and may require some skill to take apart.

Verified locations: SF Bay Area locations such as Fremont, CA and Foster City, CA (may be more, add to Quick Summary)

Kept in the freezer section (right besides the Produce department)

Member Summary
Verified locations:
SF Bay Area locations such as Fremont, CA and Foster City, CA

Available also at Sunnyvale,CA branch. THis is regional due to demand and supply.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Where are these kept in Costco? frozen or deli section?

also in the sunnyvale store..
in most of the costco's, i have seen the roti packets rite beside the entrance to the produce section

Kept in the freezer section (right besides the Produce department)

Sweet! I tried this for the first time a week or so ago, and absolutely loved it.

Available also at Sunnyvale,CA branch. THis is regional due to demand and supply.-- very good quality, cheaper than indian stores. Btw, i had seen these > 2months ago as well in costco

i am gonna try these this week

Is this based on wheat or flour? What is it called? I know they have some flour tortillas.
Thanks

It is Whole Wheat, though not 100%. Probably 50% Whole Wheat and 50% Enriched Wheat.

If you notice ingredients, it says Whole Wheat and Enriched Wheat => That means it has some percentage of both, they dont disclose what percentage. Indian Roti, if it is to be tasty is generally not full whole wheat. Full whole wheat though healthier is not as tasty. In India in traditional Roti Flour (Atta Flour) mills, they sometimes remove some portion of whole wheat (Chokar or Bran) to make it more palatable.

YonlyME said: i am gonna try these this week

wow..i tried them and they are very good..better than the desi stores here in the bay area

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014