$0.10 Trays of Baklava @ Walmart B&M - YMMV

Archived From: Grocery Coupons & Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
We found trays of baklava at our local WalMart BM for $0.10. Ten cents! Use or freeze by 03/19/10.

Maybe just our store but... how could I not share the honey-soaked joy of nearly-free baklava?!

These are generally near the bakery area, but at our store they were just past the entry along the sidewall covered with bakery deals. These are 7 or 8 inch wide, black plates under a clear cover, with 16 pieces. Some are drizzled with chocolate.

Baklava is a seasonal product, and may be in holiday clearance at your store.

The label reads:

Baklava Platter

Layers of crispy, buttery fillo pastry, with a blend of fresh walnuts, aromatic spices and sweet honey syrup. 16 Pieces.

Net Wt 15 oz (425g)

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

City & State please?

where's your store?

Utah

I know there's a Seinfeld joke (scene) here somewhere, but I can't remember it.

Something about Elaine and Baklava.

yummmmmmmmmmmmm the best dessert in the world!!!! GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!

Alrightee let's get some elsewhere confirms to maximize er minimize mileage...

I didn't know WalMart sold Baklava?

Rameez786 said: I didn't know WalMart sold Baklava?

is it made in china?

$.10 deals at WalMart are generally store specific for items that they cannot get rid of. this will probably only be found at the op's store.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said: I know there's a Seinfeld joke (scene) here somewhere, but I can't remember it.

Sure that wasn't chocolate Bobka?

VirginiaDC said: NoMoneyInMyWallet said: I know there's a Seinfeld joke (scene) here somewhere, but I can't remember it.

Sure that wasn't chocolate Bobka?
You're right! Actually Babka, not Bobka.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dinner_Party_%28Seinfeld%29

http://www.yumsugar.com/183267

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/773841/seinfeld_the_babka/

No baklava in southern CA stores, but 13 count creme puffs are $2.50.

They have it here, it has no honey in it, just high fructose corn syrup"sweet honey syrup".

My sister served us this Baklava from WalMart last night after dinner, and I have to tell everyone...it's not that good. Also, it's not that good for you. It's filled with crap, including high fructose corn syrup, partially hydrogenated fats, etc. I think it's a simulated processed junk food dressed up in a fancy container. Don't waste your money or your health. Get a few pieces of the real stuff and savor good food. She gave us the left overs and I dumped it into the compost bin after I looked on line to try to figure out what that weird coating on the inside of my mouth was after I ate it. Yuck.

Robundle said: My sister served us this Baklava from WalMart last night after dinner, and I have to tell everyone...it's not that good. Also, it's not that good for you. It's filled with crap, including high fructose corn syrup, partially hydrogenated fats, etc. I think it's a simulated processed junk food dressed up in a fancy container. Don't waste your money or your health. Get a few pieces of the real stuff and savor good food. She gave us the left overs and I dumped it into the compost bin after I looked on line to try to figure out what that weird coating on the inside of my mouth was after I ate it. Yuck.

I can't talk about the WM stuff, but the genuine Baklawa is great.

Too pricey, I'll wait till they throw it in the dumpster. If you are FAST you can get to it before the Rats!

Next time you know Wally World will start selling so-called Saraigli, Halva, Kataif and Turkish delight, all made with HFCS instead of sugar. Thanks, but no, thanks.

Also, I seriously doubt such products made with HFCS are Halal (the Muslim equivalent to Kosher), since HFCS is not Passover kosher either (although it seems to be kosher).

I actually used to work at WalMart and the only reason why anything got listed for that cheep is because someone screwed up on the SKEW numbers so buddy you got a great deal! And yes they were made in china LOL!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014