• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
From 4/25-5/1, Staples is having a promotion, spend $40 on any case or ream paper, get $25 back in rewards.

the same week, they have the Hammermill Ream $6.49-$5.49 easy rebate (lmit 2)

http://s.fatwallet.com/static/attachments/30093_staplesad25ththrumay1st_1_.pdf



here's the math break down:

buy the two hammermill reams listed above for $13.98

buy another any other ream/case paper totalling $26.02 or more


Get $10.98 back in Easy Rebates on the Hammermill Reams

get $25 in rewards back total on the $40 worth of paper

oop is $4.02 (plus tax)

EDIT-UPDATE

Look for the clearance 1/2 case HP Office Paper (8.5x11) on clearance for $18.75 (5 reams)

reg $24.99 on clnce. for $18.70 and counts towards the $40 spend!! SKU664252

YMMV on all stores having this.

Staples
See Staples discounts that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
It's beginning to appear as if the 2nd to the last thursday is not going to hold for recycling rewards.

bpvh (Jun. 17, 2010 @ 12:20p) |

Anybody have any luck getting their full reward? I used my prior Staples rewards and a $10 off $50 for the paper and bat... (more)

EdMcK515 (Jul. 13, 2010 @ 1:59p) |

They told me the same thing online. I told them I would go back and return everything to the store, and they said okay.... (more)

agentjfong (Jul. 13, 2010 @ 2:53p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Great deal. But shouldn't this discussion be combined with this?

Also, if you use the 10% Appreciation coupon, then you can get an extra $4.45 worth of paper for no additional cost.

Here's the math if you use the 10% coupon (no reason not to):

Hammermill $6.49 x 2 = $12.98 (minus $10.98 rebate)

Buy an additional $31.47 of paper

Total cost: $12.98 + $31.47 = $44.45 - minus 10% coupon = $40.01

Get back $10.98 rebate + $25.00 rewards = $35.98

OOP is $4.03 plus tax ($40.01 - $35.98). Not bad at all.

where is the 10% appreciation?

myeric said: where is the 10% appreciation?

all valid discussions. I just went with the "base" offer to describe it in OP, certainly, if you can get an extra 10% worth of paper, go for it.

thx roy7736 for the illustration.

roy7736 said: Great deal. But shouldn't this discussion be combined with this?

Also, if you use the 10% Appreciation coupon, then you can get an extra $4.45 worth of paper for no additional cost.


no, this deal requires too many components and is worthy of it's own thread.

You left out the $25 off $75 from eJunkie.

duhmel said: You left out the $25 off $75 from eJunkie.

Thats because the total for the paper isnt going to reach $75, even pre-rebate

Thanks OP. Now I just have to remember this in 11 days.

roy7736 said: Here's the math if you use the 10% coupon (no reason not to):

Hammermill $6.49 x 2 = $12.98 (minus $10.98 rebate)

Buy an additional $31.47 of paper

Total cost: $12.98 + $31.47 = $44.45 - minus 10% coupon = $40.01

Get back $10.98 rebate + $25.00 rewards = $35.98

OOP is $4.03 plus tax ($40.01 - $35.98). Not bad at all.

Any chance that the paper rebate of $10.98 reduce the $25 back in rewards?

c3688t said: roy7736 said: Here's the math if you use the 10% coupon (no reason not to):

Hammermill $6.49 x 2 = $12.98 (minus $10.98 rebate)

Buy an additional $31.47 of paper

Total cost: $12.98 + $31.47 = $44.45 - minus 10% coupon = $40.01

Get back $10.98 rebate + $25.00 rewards = $35.98

OOP is $4.03 plus tax ($40.01 - $35.98). Not bad at all.

Any chance that the paper rebate of $10.98 reduce the $25 back in rewards?
No, the out the door total is what the rewards will be based on. So if you use a coupon to get "more" paper, or whatever you can do to make the deal you want, you still have to have at least $40.00 for the final payment.

You can however use previous rewards checks to pay for it without it affecting the additional rewards.

jasonlkska said: duhmel said: You left out the $25 off $75 from eJunkie.

Thats because the total for the paper isnt going to reach $75, even pre-rebate


Batteries $9.99, limit 2. That makes it at least $60. For $25 coupon, add another $15 and save minimum of $10 to make the papers, batteries, and $5 out of the $15 additional items free.

asimo said: jasonlkska said: duhmel said: You left out the $25 off $75 from eJunkie.

Thats because the total for the paper isnt going to reach $75, even pre-rebate


Batteries $9.99, limit 2. That makes it at least $60. For $25 coupon, add another $15 and save minimum of $10 to make the papers, batteries, and $5 out of the $15 additional items free.


plus add $2-3 for the cost of the coupon too. at best you make $3 after sales tax and coupon cost. not worth the hassle.

jimates said: c3688t said: roy7736 said: Here's the math if you use the 10% coupon (no reason not to):

Hammermill $6.49 x 2 = $12.98 (minus $10.98 rebate)

Buy an additional $31.47 of paper

Total cost: $12.98 + $31.47 = $44.45 - minus 10% coupon = $40.01

Get back $10.98 rebate + $25.00 rewards = $35.98

OOP is $4.03 plus tax ($40.01 - $35.98). Not bad at all.

Any chance that the paper rebate of $10.98 reduce the $25 back in rewards?
No, the out the door total is what the rewards will be based on. So if you use a coupon to get "more" paper, or whatever you can do to make the deal you want, you still have to have at least $40.00 for the final payment.

You can however use previous rewards checks to pay for it without it affecting the additional rewards.


not entirely true. YOU MUST SPEND SOME MONEY, if you use ALL rewards, you may not get more rewards, this came up with the battery deals in Nov/Dec I believe. pay at least part of the bill in cash (even if it's $5) and you are safe.

I hope people are letting Staples know that they prefer a rebate over rewards. Seems like they are using it more and more. Paper previously was ER.

MISTERCHEAP said: asimo said: jasonlkska said: duhmel said: You left out the $25 off $75 from eJunkie.

Thats because the total for the paper isnt going to reach $75, even pre-rebate


Batteries $9.99, limit 2. That makes it at least $60. For $25 coupon, add another $15 and save minimum of $10 to make the papers, batteries, and $5 out of the $15 additional items free.


plus add $2-3 for the cost of the coupon too. at best you make $3 after sales tax and coupon cost. not worth the hassle.
Got it. Thank you both.

If you get the paper and Norton AV that'd get you over $75.

Hammermill $6.49 x 2 = $12.98
additional $31.47 of paper
Norton AV $39.99
coupon $2
Total $86.44

$8.44 10% off
$10.98 rebate (paper)
$25 rebate (paper)
$30 rebate (Norton)
$25 25/75 coupon

Total make up to $12.98.

Will they let you use both a 10% coupon and a 25 off 75? So from a previous post I should be okay to use a ink reward, too, since I'll be paying some money out of pocket? I'd probably throw in some batteries, too.


Went back and read some old posts from the last battery deal, seams like it's okay to use ink rewards, even if it's the whole purchase. Of course - YMMV.

MISTERCHEAP said: asimo said: jasonlkska said: duhmel said: You left out the $25 off $75 from eJunkie.Thats because the total for the paper isnt going to reach $75, even pre-rebateBatteries $9.99, limit 2. That makes it at least $60. For $25 coupon, add another $15 and save minimum of $10 to make the papers, batteries, and $5 out of the $15 additional items free.plus add $2-3 for the cost of the coupon too. at best you make $3 after sales tax and coupon cost. not worth the hassle.I pay $1.49 for $25/$75 coupons, but they are currently out of stock.
Everyone says the coupons are fake, how do you get out of stock of fake coupons.

jimates said: I pay $1.49 for $25/$75 coupons, but they are currently out of stock.
Everyone says the coupons are fake, how do you get out of stock of fake coupons.
I guess the coupon generator doesn't run 24/7.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said: jimates said: I pay $1.49 for $25/$75 coupons, but they are currently out of stock.
Everyone says the coupons are fake, how do you get out of stock of fake coupons.
I guess the coupon generator doesn't run 24/7.
Been out of stock all week at least, don't about before that.

JaxFL said: I hope people are letting Staples know that they prefer a rebate over rewards. Seems like they are using it more and more. Paper previously was ER.
Staples is doing that because it is easier for them to hide/forget to issue reward checks than rebates since there is no way to directly track these "special rewards" on their website. Also, people have become smarter in tracking rebates than rewards.

jimates said: Everyone says the coupons are fake, how do you get out of stock of fake coupons.If there is no "genuine" promotion/coupons during a said period, you can't have fakes.

heads up!

the paper rewards promo is limit 2! earn up to $50 in rewards (on $80 paper)

however, the deal in op, due to the rebates is limit 1. for the 2nd $25 rewards, your net oop would be $15 on $40 worth of paper

After reviewing prices on reams, half cases, and cases...I don't see any promo that comes close to the Staples paper deal shared last week. They really jacked up the prices on all of their cases for this week.

I am still going to go with the Norton $9.99 AR + Hammermill Reams $1 AR + $20 off $50 coupon.

OM sent me some $15 off $50 coupons so I'm going to use those with the Hammermill and whatever other paper takes me to $40. Then add the batteries. Should pay around $35 and get back the hammermill rebate and $25 plus $10 in rewards.

Staples sent me 2 20 off 50 cards home.. will use them with Norton and batteries

u should do 2 transactions
norton + batteries - coupon
paper + paper - 20 coupon
Snoballego said: After reviewing prices on reams, half cases, and cases...I don't see any promo that comes close to the Staples paper deal shared last week. They really jacked up the prices on all of their cases for this week.

I am still going to go with the Norton $9.99 AR + Hammermill Reams $1 AR + $20 off $50 coupon.

I was told that the 20 off 50 from e junkie were copy center web submission coupons. I havent had an issue with 25 off 75.

*Minimum purchase of $40 in cases and/or reams must be made in the same transaction to qualify for $25 back in Staples Rewards®. Maximum benefit of $50 back in Rewards for this promotion. Limit one Staples Rewards® account per person or at any mailing address. Standard percent back in Staples Rewards® will be excluded from paper purchases receiving $25 back in Rewards.
Phone/online orders require a minimum total purchase requirement of $150.
Tax and shipping not included in calculating minimum purchase. Offer not valid on single or multipart computer paper. Staples Rewards® membership is FREE. For full program details, visit StaplesRewards.com.

please see OP for update on clearance HP paper that can be used towards this deal. YMMV on all stores having stock.

I read if you use any $ off coupon it will reduce the $40 in cases requirement and you will not get the Staples reward..

just in case this might help someone...at the bottom of my receipt today, it has the following:

"Get $25 back in Staples Rewards when you spend $40 on ANY combination of case or ream paper. Limit 2 per week. Offer ends 5/22/10."

MISTERCHEAP said: please see OP for update on clearance HP paper that can be used towards this deal. YMMV on all stores having stock.

Thanks OP for posting the deal.

So it sounds like, after Staples jacked up the price, the best deal we can do it 10 reams of HP paper + 2 ream of Hammermill paper is about $15.48 + tax ($18.75x2 + 6.49x2 + tax -$10 - $25 = $15.48+tax)? Unless a $20 off $50 is used or 10% off is used to make the deal better?

I don't use much plain copy paper, so this was a good deal to get some card stock and cover paper. Thanks OP!

zenith said: MISTERCHEAP said: please see OP for update on clearance HP paper that can be used towards this deal. YMMV on all stores having stock.

Thanks OP for posting the deal.

So it sounds like, after Staples jacked up the price, the best deal we can do it 10 reams of HP paper + 2 ream of Hammermill paper is about $15.48 + tax ($18.75x2 + 6.49x2 + tax -$10 - $25 = $15.48+tax)? Unless a $20 off $50 is used or 10% off is used to make the deal better?


think your math is off...

you're assuming you have to buy two of the HP case, I'd just buy one, then some single reams around $5ea of Staples brand paper. Then the 2 Hammermill w/rebate.

Total is about $45, less 10% coupon ($4.50)= $40.50 - $10.98 in rebates-$25 in rewards....total oop is under $5 plus sales tax.

mnsweeps said: I read if you use any $ off coupon it will reduce the $40 in cases requirement and you will not get the Staples reward..

you read this where?

zenith said: MISTERCHEAP said: please see OP for update on clearance HP paper that can be used towards this deal. YMMV on all stores having stock.

Thanks OP for posting the deal.

So it sounds like, after Staples jacked up the price, the best deal we can do it 10 reams of HP paper + 2 ream of Hammermill paper is about $15.48 + tax ($18.75x2 + 6.49x2 + tax -$10 - $25 = $15.48+tax)? Unless a $20 off $50 is used or 10% off is used to make the deal better?


Tentatively, the best(?) deal I saw in-store was maybe 2 cases of Staples simply paper (10reams/case...plain brown box) at 24.50 each (I think it was the last 2 in the store, and that was why it was marked down) if a person can find this in their own store, it might break down to

2x24.50 per case= $49
use 10% customer appreciation coupon
get $25 in Staples rewards

So possibly, $49-$4.90= $44.10+tax OTD for 20 reams of paper
44.10 - $25 Rewards = $19.10(+tax on $44.10) for 2 cases (or roughly 9.55 per case after rewards?)

I think the paper might be discontinued item, so I wasn't sure if it'd count. Huge YMMV

hope this might help someone

If I purchased 2 packages of the paper, do I complete 2 easy rebate requests, or 1. I have done a lot of easy rebates, but never for multiple items of the same type. Will Staples figure out the quantity purchased?

Thanks.

forcedreg said: If I purchased 2 packages of the paper, do I complete 2 easy rebate requests, or 1. I have done a lot of easy rebates, but never for multiple items of the same type. Will Staples figure out the quantity purchased?
Thanks.

If both packages are purchased on one order, then you need to submit only one easy rebate requests. They will figure out the total rebate amount based upon your quantity within the order. If both packages were purchased on separate orders, then you should submit two separate rebate requests.

Staples FAQ

5. I bought 2 (or more) items that fall under the same Easy Rebate® promotion number. After entering the first SKU online, I am not able to submit for the additional SKU(s).

If you purchased multiples of the same product with a rebate or if you purchased multiple items that fall under the same rebate offer number, you only need to enter the rebate offer number once. The system will use your Easy Rebates® ID number or order number to verify the rebate products you purchased. Then it will update your status to reflect the multiple rebates.

Skipping 54 Messages...
EdMcK515 said: Anybody have any luck getting their full reward? I used my prior Staples rewards and a $10 off $50 for the paper and batteries, should have gotten over $45 back, got $4.50. Online representative was unwilling to help and basically told me I was SOL as they reduced the rewards based on the coupons.

They told me the same thing online. I told them I would go back and return everything to the store, and they said okay.

I went back to the store, and the CSR and manager were understanding about the issue. They acknowledged (and vilified) the Staples Rewards as being a completely separate part of the company, and even though the Staples Rewareds rep said I could return everything, she didn't say that I wouldn't get my rewards back since it was now expired. That would be completely unacceptable! The manager had the CSR do a return without a receipt, which gave me back a Staples cash card for the full amount (maybe more due to things not being on sale and the 10% coupon I originally used).



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014