• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Acer Aspire AS5740-6025 15.6-Inch Laptop (Blue)
Disclaimer
Acer Aspire Intel Core i5-430m 2.26GHz Dual-Core 15.6in Laptop (HDMI/4GB/500GB/Win 7) $598 + Tax (Cheaper After BCB)
Don't forget Bing's 5% Cash Back!

Walmart has the Acer Aspire AS5740-6491 Intel Core i5-430m 2.26GHz Dual-Core 15.6" Notebook Computer for $598.00 + FS

6.16lbs; 15.6" 1366x768; Intel Core i5-430m Dual Core @ 2.26GHz; 4GB DDR3 RAM; 500GB HDD; 802.11n + bluetooth; Windows 7 Home Premium; HDMI; multi-gesture touchpad; 6-cell battery; 1yr warranty

still cheaper than Amazon for $680

Walmart
Need a Walmart coupon that earns 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You've been Linkernated!

Amazon reviews

PCMag review

I'm tempted but confused.

I am looking for a an i5 with decent battery life and decent weight in the $600 price range (discrete graphics would be a bonus)

This is an i5 with less than average battery life and not so decent weight in the $600 price range (with integrated graphics). It isn't THAT much less than the usual price. But the reviews are pretty great.

My gut is I'll get a better designed i5 with discrete graphics for 50-100 more if I wait. Decisions, decision....

DarthSidius said: You've been Linkernated!

Amazon reviews

PCMag review

I'm tempted but confused.

I am looking for a an i5 with decent battery life and decent weight in the $600 price range (discrete graphics would be a bonus)

This is an i5 with less than average battery life and not so decent weight in the $600 price range (with integrated graphics). It isn't THAT much less than the usual price. But the reviews are pretty great.

My gut is I'll get a better designed i5 with discrete graphics for 50-100 more if I wait. Decisions, decision....

Get better graphics or you'll be kicking yourself later!
Anyone care to elaborate on why it says dual core on an i5?

GeorgeGarman said: Get better graphics or you'll be kicking yourself later!
Anyone care to elaborate on why it says dual core on an i5?


i5 mobiles are dual core.

pandabacon said: GeorgeGarman said: Get better graphics or you'll be kicking yourself later!
Anyone care to elaborate on why it says dual core on an i5?


i5 mobiles are dual core.

Thx

The reason this is a spectacular deal is that Acer's original price point for this model at $749 or $699 was itself close to an at-cost price already. This becomes obvious When you see the i5 for desktops going for not much under $300 as a stand alone component for a desktops. Meanwhile, the current world inventory of laptops is overflowing with T4400 processessors, which do almost literally operate at half the speed and less than half the efficiency as the i5.

Go down? Naturally these will go down eventually, but even Acer will be bumping up the prices of its i5 machines after they run out of these deal of a lifetime laptops.

Search "HDTV WalMart" for 5% Bing CashBack



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014