• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
https://www.alamo.com/index.do?action=/hotDealsTemplate&msg=alam...

Terms and Conditions
Valid at participating Airport locations in the US for rentals between April 15th, 2010 and May 24th, 2010 of economy through premium sized cars returned. 24-hour advance reservation required. Minimum one day/maximum four day rental required. Cannot be combined with any other discounts, coupons or promotional rates. Availability is limited and blackout dates may apply. Not valid for one way rentals. Weekend rate available 9:00 AM Thursday; vehicle must be returned by pick up time on Monday or higher daily rates apply. Rental must include a Saturday overnight stay. Check your insurance policy and/or credit card for rental vehicle coverage. Renter must meet standard age, driver and credit requirements. Rates may be higher for drivers under age 25. Taxes, government charges of up to 23%, recoupment fees of up to $2 per day or $3 per rental, airport fees of up to $6 per day or $19 per rental, refueling, additional driver fee, one-way rental charge and optional items (e.g., CDW Waiver Savers up to $30 per day). Other surcharges and recoupment fees may apply.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
i just combined coupon code AD5691JDV with the corporate id of SUNPROMO and got a 3-day rental in champaign IL for only ... (more)

ice77ice (May. 17, 2010 @ 12:48p) |

Both worked like a charm for me MKE 8/18 - 8/23 ... just hope they don't actually expect me to present coupons at the de... (more)

flourface (Jul. 21, 2010 @ 9:30a) |

Base Rate - Economy (USD)
(1) Week Rate ($259.99/week) $259.99

Contract I.D. XXXXXXX
Guaranteed Base Rate Included
Unlimited... (more)

flourface (Jul. 21, 2010 @ 9:35a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

Thanks. Just needed to rent a car in two weeks. Not sure how much I saved, but I'm sure it was a bunch!

The $10 a day deals are better of course, but this works. Thanks

Make sure to check regular rates with the free weekend day coupon as well.

Example:

Atlanta airport
5/7 - 5/10
midsize car

with deal above (total incl taxes) = $85.80
with free day coupon ( https://www.alamo.com/index.do?action=/hotDealsTemplate&msg=alamo-ent2010-free-wknd-day ) = $64.08

Szymon

szymon said: Make sure to check regular rates with the free weekend day coupon as well.

Example:

Atlanta airport
5/7 - 5/10
midsize car

with free day coupon ( https://www.alamo.com/index.do?action=/hotDealsTemplate&msg=alam... ) = $64.08

Szymon

with the $15/day ID, you are better off with the $25 OFF coupon (3-day required, any size car) = AD5691JDV
This coupon is from QuickSilver Insider Deal (just incase anyone is worried)

Perfect timing. Thanks!

ardentazn said:

with the $15/day ID, you are better off with the $25 OFF coupon (3-day required, any size car) = AD5691JDV

The site won't let you combine the $25 off with the $15/day deal.

Szymon

No $15/day in Milwaukee... but the $25 coupon worked great!

szymon said: ardentazn said:

Szymon

The site let me do it. Renting a car this weekend (Sat-Tues) for $30

szymon said: ardentazn said:

Szymon

I think it should let you combine it. I think what you mean is that the coupon shows up for some car class but not others (such as economy, compact, etc..). In this case, here's what you can do (worked for me everytime)=
reserve the car with the $15 code but no coupons
call them up on the 1800 number
tell them you are having problem applying the coupon code
give them the code
they will apply it for you... Viola!!!

hope this helps, I stumbled on to it a couple of weeks ago!

szymon said: Make sure to check regular rates with the free weekend day coupon as well.

Example:

Atlanta airport
5/7 - 5/10
midsize car

with free day coupon ( https://www.alamo.com/index.do?action=/hotDealsTemplate&msg=alam... ) = $64.08

Szymon

Yeah I was just going to say, I rented from Hertz in SFO a few weeks ago and I got a Camry ("F" class/full size) for $20/day + tax with a free day coupon. I think ~$70 altogether with tax. Definitely gotta compare all available deals before booking.

Example:

Atlanta airport
5/7 - 5/10
midsize car

Szymon

haha that is the exact same dates and airport that i need a car at! szymon, please let me know if you find better deals... TIA

tks... so I hv a question..
i only needed the car for 22 hrs, but if i want to use the coupon AD5691JDV, can i reserve for 2 days 5 hrs, but returned the car earlier? will they recalculate when i return, and reject the cpn?

Orbitz is spitting out $10/day for compact - midsize, full size is $12 for Florida. for ALAMO and National Car Rental.

I am reserving from FLL --> GNV and its giving me $10/day.

Valentino said: tks... so I hv a question..
i only needed the car for 22 hrs, but if i want to use the coupon AD5691JDV, can i reserve for 2 days 5 hrs, but returned the car earlier? will they recalculate when i return, and reject the cpn?

Yes, they can reject it. You violated the contract by returning the vehicle far too early and are therefore subject to a recalculated rate.

Thanks, just saved me a ton in Orlando!

I called, but they couldn't add the $25 off coupon (AD5691JDV) for me...

The $25 code didn't work for me but the free day code did. See if it will work for you. Code is AF4322SDS

jeanlo said: I called, but they couldn't add the $25 off coupon (AD5691JDV) for me...

I was trying to find a rental car for one day but boy is the rental car business crazy. The price is anywhere from $25 (plus massive fees and taxes) to $91 for a single day rental depending on when I return the car. If I return it too early it's $91, on time or whatever they consider on time and it's $51. I couldn't get the coupon to work for a single day.

i just combined coupon code AD5691JDV with the corporate id of SUNPROMO and got a 3-day rental in champaign IL for only $30 including all taxes!

Both worked like a charm for me MKE 8/18 - 8/23 ... just hope they don't actually expect me to present coupons at the desk.

Base Rate - Economy (USD)
(1) Week Rate ($259.99/week) $259.99

Contract I.D. XXXXXXX
Guaranteed Base Rate Included
Unlimited Miles Included

Subtotal.............................................$259.99

Discounts
Discount ($13.00)
Qs $25 Off 3 Day-any Car Class ($25.00)

Subtotal............................................($38.00)

Taxes, Surcharges and Fees
Facility Fee $1.00/rental $1.00
Concession Recoup Fee 11.11 % $24.98
Wi Rental Vehicle Fee 5 % $13.78
Convention Center Tax 3 % $7.53
Veh Lic Fee Recovery .57/day $2.85
Sales Tax (5.60%) $15.45

Subtotal..............................................$65.59

Estimated Total......................................$287.58

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014