• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Lowes has 4 piece Iron Force air nailer kit with case for $129. I picked up one today for $116.10 + tax after 10% off coupon. Good reviews. The same kit was $169 on 2009 Black Friday. Link.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_52544-1126-IFN90699DI_0_?productId=12456...

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Mine's still in the trunk I don't have an immediate need to drive nails, but I suppose I ought to fire off a few to m... (more)

skidmark (May. 03, 2010 @ 9:02a) |

Lowes had the framing nails, but I can't find the finish nails. Tried Bostitch 15gauge nails but they're the wrong angle... (more)

grrbear (May. 27, 2010 @ 6:10p) |

Thanks for the information on the framing nails.

w888k (May. 27, 2010 @ 6:27p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary

Looks like they've gotten good reviews. Thanks for the heads up OP!

Now I just need to find a compressor

These things have really come down in price. 4 years ago I bought just a framing nailer (admittedly, it was a name brand, but still Chinese-made) for $250 at HD; now you can get a whole set for about half that.

Nice deal. The framing nailer looks identical to one I got at Harbor Freight. That one served it's purpose well except for being pretty heavy. It was about $70 and would have bought this set instead had this been available. I second the need for a compressor deal.

weadjust said: Lowes has 4 piece Iron Force air nailer kit with case for $129. I picked up one today for $116.10 + tax after 10% off coupon. Good reviews. The same kit was $169 on 2009 Black Friday. Link.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_52544-1126-IFN90699DI_0_?productId=12456...

Were do you see reviews on this set? Lowes has nothing that I can see

PikaGiggles said: Nice deal. The framing nailer looks identical to one I got at Harbor Freight. That one served it's purpose well except for being pretty heavy. It was about $70 and would have bought this set instead had this been available. I second the need for a compressor deal.
Yeah, I bought a framing nailer at harbor frieght a few months ago for about $70. Now I'm wishing I had waited and just got this set.

why on earth would you repost?

The reviews are blank but the main page shows that there should be 34 reviews with a 4.5 stars

http://www.lowes.com/pl_Total+Tool+Takeover_4294813757__4294937087_

Picked up a set at the Maple Grove, MN Lowes. Took awhile to find them; they weren't with the rest of the air-tools. They had them on the floor near the door hardware/locks. Still had at least one set left when I left an hour ago.

The framer takes full head nails?

techziv said: why on earth would you repost?

Sorry about the repost. Long time reader but first time to post a deal.

Could one of these be used for roofing shingles?

No.

Got one set. I heard it is hard to find the framing nails. Anyboby has experience could recommend some places to get the nails? thanks.

i was going to buy this set a few weeks ago. it has good reviews but walking into any old hardware store and buying the right nails for the framing nailer just aint going to happen, heck the lowes near me doesnt even carry those nails ought to tell ya something. no roofing nailer in set. leaves stapler brad nailer and finish nailer got a brad but thats to much for a finisher plus the rest would just set around taking up space

havoc2u said: i was going to buy this set a few weeks ago. it has good reviews but walking into any old hardware store and buying the right nails for the framing nailer just aint going to happen, heck the lowes near me doesnt even carry those nails ought to tell ya something. no roofing nailer in set. leaves stapler brad nailer and finish nailer got a brad but thats to much for a finisher plus the rest would just set around taking up space

Don't know why they are that hard to find. 21 degree full head is used by many tool brands.

skidmark said: havoc2u said: i was going to buy this set a few weeks ago. it has good reviews but walking into any old hardware store and buying the right nails for the framing nailer just aint going to happen, heck the lowes near me doesnt even carry those nails ought to tell ya something. no roofing nailer in set. leaves stapler brad nailer and finish nailer got a brad but thats to much for a finisher plus the rest would just set around taking up space

Don't know why they are that hard to find. 21 degree full head is used by many tool brands.

For those who bought this, I found 21 degree nails at Harbor Freight. Haven't bothered to look anywhere else yet.

Thanks for the info. I will check it out at harbor freight. Have you tried it in the frame nailer? How did it work?

w888k said: Thanks for the info. I will check it out at harbor freight. Have you tried it in the frame nailer? How did it work?

Mine's still in the trunk I don't have an immediate need to drive nails, but I suppose I ought to fire off a few to make sure it works properly ...

Look for the blue-trimmed boxes.

Lowes had the framing nails, but I can't find the finish nails. Tried Bostitch 15gauge nails but they're the wrong angle.

Thanks for the information on the framing nails.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014