• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I am an existing DISH customer and OPTIMUM offered me triple play for 69.95 and will pay my DISH early termination fee upto $250.00.

TV - 25.05
Internet -29.95
Phone [With International calling] -14.95
Total=69.95 + Receiver & Modem =6.95= Final total per month =76.95

[Extra : one time installtion fee =9.95]

TV:
270+ Channels
Any one International package is free for 1 yr [I opted for International Hindi package]
2 years locked price.
Free HD.
Free DVR for 1 yr [No monthly DVR fee. after one year, we can remove it].
Channels : Bravo, Food Network, LMN, Discovery, National Geo..etc
If you move to another place, moving is free.

Internet:
[Not exactly sure]
12 mbps

Phone:
Unlimited US/Canada
Unlimited International calling including INDIA mobile/ landline.
UPDATE: Now I got unlimited International calling for 80 countries. [Even Vonage has 5000 mins limit] Optimum support confirmed me that I have no restrictions and can call as much as I want.

Call: 866-663-5658
[Note: YOU NEED TO HAVE DISH/DIRECT TV to get this deal. You need to show Dish statements during the installtion.]
Also, if you are locked with DISH contract, Optimum will pay upto $250.00 to rlease your contract.

I am just kicking out my DISH and will go for Optimum.
Update: My zip code is 08902. I was offered 70+ 6 months back also. But DISH asked me to pay $350 and Optimum [Cablevision] covered only 200.00. I declined this offer from optimum and asked them to call me back after 6 months.

I got few other calls in the middle also and I declined all of them. Finally they agreed to cover upto $300 now. I negotiated this deal with a lady who called me yesterday. I even asked to give HBO [I know that it was too much ] and she told me NO. For those who are new to Optimum, they have introduced a world calling plan http://www.optimum.com/voice/international/world_call.jsp.

DIRECTV
Need a DIRECTV coupon that earns $55.00 FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Got following for 2 year
IO Family
Phone + International calling (India includes Cell phones as well)
Internet
and for 1 yea... (more)

aqan (Nov. 28, 2011 @ 10:06a) |

I live in Westchester County, NY (right above NYC). In today's mail I got from Optimum an offer for phone, TV and Intern... (more)

chrisclementjog (Jan. 18, 2012 @ 12:27p) |

Can I get this deal if I am an existing Optimum customer, but also have Dish Network?

khelo (Jan. 18, 2012 @ 12:33p) |

try calling 866-580-1459

They dont do service in VA

Good deal if you live in their area, which looks like the Northeast:

http://www.optimum.com/channel_lineups.jsp

Hi,

I am about to get OPTIMUM triple play but I am offered 96.69 for same service with no DVR. Are you sure you are getting 3 (Phone,Internet & Voice) with this price ?
I am also DISH customer.

Thanks

I am using same pacakge for last one year now but I never heard of unlimited international calling including India.

Today 2.00 PM Optimum is installing it in my house. My Zip code is 08902

I can vouch for this person... I got the same deal. I didnt even have Fios installed, just had their first bill and they said that was enough to get the deal. i got 2 years triple play, plus interantional calling to Dominican republic PLUS world call.. plus IO espanol plus 1 free dvr... all for about $95... not bad if u ask me.

Which cable company is optimum? Comcast, cablevision, etc?

Does anyone have the actual link to their site?

venutia said: Which cable company is optimum? Comcast, cablevision, etc?

Does anyone have the actual link to their site?

It is cablevision..

anyone can cook statement for me?

be very careful when entering into contracts with Comcast for more then 6 months.

The Default Comcast Computer setting for Triple Plays is 6 Months after that takes an override. I negotiated with the head of sales for my area at my door in writing and he still screwed me.

I actually had to work my way up to the president of Comcast's Secretary in Philadelphia before they would honor a triple play deal that was for 2 years and they ended up over charging me and then charging me for 4 months after the disconnect of the Phone Services.

Buy a MagicJack for VOIP Phone $19 a year Not Month and the new ones work with your Cellphone too.

be very careful when entering into contracts with Comcast for more then 6 months.

The Default Comcast Computer setting for Triple Plays is 6 Months after that takes an override. I negotiated with the head of sales for my area at my door in writing and he still screwed me.

I actually had to work my way up to the president of Comcast's Secretary in Philadelphia before they would honor a triple play deal that was for 2 years and they ended up over charging me and then charging me for 4 months after the disconnect of the Phone Services.

Buy a MagicJack for VOIP Phone $19 a year Not Month and the new ones work with your Cellphone too.

FYI Optimum world call is fixed for 250 minutes international you are charged for calls more than that....it was great when the promo was for 500 minutes but they changed it last year.

damn I wish I could get this deal my triple play option expires this month and unfortunately we stay in a location where cablevision is a monopoly.

Cablevision installed my connection yesterday. I was worried about 250 mins international calling limit because this was not told to me. However, Optimum supported told me that I am part of a new plan [not regular world plan] where I can call 80 countries without any limit. No one can beat this $76 deal.

Do they call and verify the information on the statement? Interested in doing this..

@jpraja.. Do you really have unlimited India calling..? Even to mobile phones..? And how is the call clarity..? Thanks

I had FioS for one year and wast tired of their $89.99 triple play package costing me $150+ every month. Cablevision offered me to return to Optimum with their triple play for $69.95 for 2 years locked in price.
I got:
Family package TV
Internet 15mb/2mb
Phone: unlimited local & long distance (including Canada, Puerto Rico and Mexico)
Unlimited International to 80 countries (already made over 250 minutes to El Salvador, Germany and Sweden)
2 DVR HD boxes (free for 1st year)

I did not get free international channels, I should have asked, I did get offered HBO and Cinemax for $10 more a month.
All I had to do was show my Fios bill and they agreed to cover the cancellation fee.
My zip is 11550

They arent here ... it sure a gud deal though...

We're Sorry

Based on the information you provided, Cablevision does not provide service in that area.

It's very true. Last year when my triple was up, i called to cancel and they offered the same package for 76$ (triple play + IO south Asian + Free DVR ) for 2 years, at that time they had no free international calling but i still went for it(the same services were costing me 128$ before). My apt complex (village commons, NJ 08820) has central satellite from DISH network and we have free 20 channel programming (can be upgraded to 250 channels for 19.95, no contract). Now my neighbor who had only Optimum boost got the same promotion as the gentleman in the post (76$, all triple play features, Free DVR, Free world calling incl India and even better they got to keep their BOOST). Now i have cancelled all services except for online Boost and hoping they would call back and offer me the same promo. Let's wait and watch. For those with no DISH or any other satellite services don't even try, ditto for existing customers calling and asking for it will not work either. and oh, by the way!! you will not find this in their website. They have executives who come to the apt with a list of people with no triple play and offer them this service.

delete

Just got this in the mail today, but I don't currently have any cable TV. I am wondering if a photoshopped monthly statement would work...

Any ideas?

just finished the photoshopped statement from verizon. going to try it next week.

I wanted to know if you are able to get this deal now that you are an existing cablevision customer? I've called several times and asked for a better deal they told me that I was already getting $20 off for the triple play (2 boxes and BASIC channels), paying 150/month. I think its crazy to pay that much money. I asked for the retention department and they said that there was no department. What can I do to lower this rate?

Ingman21 said: I wanted to know if you are able to get this deal now that you are an existing cablevision customer? I've called several times and asked for a better deal they told me that I was already getting $20 off for the triple play (2 boxes and BASIC channels), paying 150/month. I think its crazy to pay that much money. I asked for the retention department and they said that there was no department. What can I do to lower this rate?

You can only get it if you have them for internet and another company for TV.

I have their internet and no TV service and they won't let me sign up for the deal, kind of silly and annoying. I guess they are only offering the price to attract customers who are using competitor TV services only.

On the phone, the rep told me that the technician will be checking for the statement of the other cable company when he arrives, so hopefully he either won't check at all or will accept my photoshopped Verizon statement from my friend.

Ingman21 said: I wanted to know if you are able to get this deal now that you are an existing cablevision customer? I've called several times and asked for a better deal they told me that I was already getting $20 off for the triple play (2 boxes and BASIC channels), paying 150/month. I think its crazy to pay that much money. I asked for the retention department and they said that there was no department. What can I do to lower this rate?
You will not get this until you have DISH/FIOS. In your case, you will have to first cancel Cablevision service.

How much for HD?

I went through hell to get this deal after I received a letter in the mail from them stating the $69.95 deal. I only had internet from them for $49.95 and no TV service.

I had to sign up for DirecTV to schedule an appointment with them to come and install. Then, after I received their confirmation, I had to cancel it.

Then I called Optimum and they said the $69.95 deal isn't available in my area. I told them I got the letter and they made me fax it in, which I did and it was a whole mess trying to get them to call me back.

Finally they gave in and gave me the $69.95 deal + $6.95 for equipment. + tax. Also got free Chinese channels. They couldn't give me international calling though because of the area I am in.

One thing you should be aware of. With Vonage, I was able to forward calls to international numbers. Optimum only allows call forwarding to US numbers. In other words when I was travelling to India, I would forward my Cell to Vonage to India Cell ... and would receive calls for free. NO GO from optimum.

Yeah they also offered me the similar pricing. its for $90 though including unlimited calls to india and south asian package.
They'll pay upto $360 to dish cancellation. I should give them a call to get 69.95.

getstuff4less said: How much for HD?
HD is always free with cablevision.

couple more days to get this awesome deal if you qualify i am so happy with paying $76 for internet, phone, and cable/

Yes, with Vonage International call forwarding is a very good feature. I call forward to Int. number and call my home number from my cell number while on the go. Technically calling int. from anywhere.

Doesn't work in CA

deedeedum said: couple more days to get this awesome deal if you qualify i am so happy with paying $76 for internet, phone, and cable/

I heard it has been extended until 9/15.

i was just offered this today

Just wanted to add they will seem to offer any $10 upgrade for free even in addition to the free dvr for a year. For example they gave me the choice of optimum boost or io en espanol, i went for the boost. Does anybody have a dish network bill?

I got same deal with direct tv order confirmation.

so how hard was it to cancel with dirct tv?

This deal is 100% accurate. I signed up for verizon fios and 2 days before the install i had a cablevision rep call me. She offered me the same deal and told to keep the install with verizon and that their tech will come a week after the verizon install. So we set it up the cablevision install 2 weeks later, and all i had to show was my first generated bill form verizon. Which i printed out from their website.

Deal includes
2 year price lock for triple play (tv,internet,and phone) for 69.99
one time 9.95 install fee
free hd and dvr for 1 year
free hindi package (Sony,zee,itv,and hindi on demand) for 1 year
free international calling to india (unlimited no restrictions)
I get internet @ 15.72 mbps upload and 2.21 mbps download
They also said they would buy out my contact with verizon, but I wasnt in contact with verizon since it was cancelled before 30 days.

Skipping 36 Messages...
Can I get this deal if I am an existing Optimum customer, but also have Dish Network?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014