PINNACLE STUDIO ULTIMATE V14: $69.99 - $70.00 Rebate = -$0.01
FRYS.com #: 6039238

$40.00 Mail in Rebate valid from 2010-05-14 to 2010-05-20
Download the PDF

$30.00 Upgrade Rebate valid from 2009-10-21 to 2011-06-30
Download the PDF

Product Descriptions at Pinnacle Systems

System Requirements

* Windows® 7, Windows Vista® (SP2),Windows XP (SP3)
* Intel® Pentium® or AMD Athlon™ 1.8 GHz (2.4 GHz or higher recommended) - Intel Core™ 2 or i7 2.4 GHz required for AVCHD* (2.66 GHz for AVCHD* 1920)
* 1 GB system memory recommended, 2 GB required for AVCHD*
* DirectX® 9 or 10 compatible graphics card with 64 MB (128 MB or higher recommended) - 256 MB required for HD and AVCHD*
* DirectX 9 or higher compatible sound card
* 3.3 GB of disk space
* DVD-ROM drive to install software
* Accessory:
o CD burner for creating Video CDs or Super Video CDs (S-VCDs)
o DVD burner for creating DVD and AVCHD* discs
o Blu-ray burner for creating Blu-ray discs*
o Sound card with surround sound output required for preview of surround sound mixes*

Input Options

* Capture from DV, HDV and Digital8 camcorders or VCRs (requires a FireWire® port)
* Capture from analog camcorders, 8 mm, HI 8, VHS, SVHS, VHS-C, SVHS-C, or VCRs (NTSC/PAL/SECAM). (requires Pinnacle or Dazzle video hardware)
* Import from AVCHD* and other file based Camcorders, Digital Still Cameras, Mobile Devices and Webcams via USB

Output Options

* Output to DV, HDV or Digital8 tape (requires camcorder with FireWire Input port and a PC with a DV/FireWire port)
* Output to analog videotape (requires DirectShow compatible device with video output)

Import Formats

* Video: AVCHD*, BD Blu-ray*, DV, HDV, AVI, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, DivX®*, MPEG-4*, 3GP(MPEG-4)*, WMV, Non-encrypted DVD titles (incl. DVD-VR/+VR), QuickTime® (DV, MPEG-4*, H.264*)
* Audio: MP3, MPA, WAV, AC3*, WMA
* Graphic: BMP, GIF, JPG, PCX, PSD, TGA, TIF, WMF, PNG, J2K

Export Formats

* AVCHD*, BD Blu-ray*, HD-DVD, DVD (DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R or DVD+RW, dual layer), S-VCD, Video CD (VCD)
* Apple® iPod®, Sony® PSP/PS3, Nintendo® Wii, Microsoft® Xbox compatible formats*
* DV, HDV, AVI, DivX*, RealVideo® 8, WMV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4*, Flash, 3GP*, WAV, MP3*, QuickTime® (SD format) files
* Dolby® Digital 2 channel and 5.1 channel audio*

* Requires free product activation via the Internet
Product specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.

SpeedDragon

Member Summary
Upgrade Rebate Information:

It looks like previous pinnacle version owners qualify as well as owners of several other products (see below)

In order to receive your rebate from Pinnacle Systems, you must upgrade or switch to the qualifying Pinnacle product listed on this form.

You must include one of the following:
  • The original user's manual title page from a previous full retail version of any qualifying software title
  • the qualifying software title's CD (See list of qualifying software titles at below
  • OEM or pre-installed versions are not qualifying software titles).

You must be a licensed user of a full retail version of one of the following products:
  • Pinnacle Studio (any version)
  • Sony Vegas Movie Studio (any version)
  • Adobe Premiere Elements (any version)
  • Magix Movie Edit (any version)
  • Ulead Video Studio (any version)
  • roxio Creator (any version)
  • roxio Easy VHS To DVD (any version)
  • Honest Technologies VHS To DVD (any version)
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You couldn't pay me enough to install this CARP on my computer.

This software stinks only a little less than their tech support does.

How stable is this?

First of all, the $30 rebate has an eligibility stipulation, you need to send in proof of a competing product, if not you're not eligible.

2nd, the software has a lot of weaknesses, it's not total crap, but I've had very mixed results with Pinnacle products. You'd think after 14 version revisions they'd have a stable product! The thing that does work well with Pinnacle is the video import from a DV camcorder, that's about all I use the SW for anymore.

For editing and production, I've found the Free Windows Live Movie Maker is a lot more stable. Fewer features maybe, but that's exactly what doesn't work with Pinnacle; what good is it after you've spent 10 hours editing a piece, putting in all of the features and FX, then it locks up every time you go to render? You're hosed at that point.

Claymore said: You couldn't pay me enough to install this CARP on my computer.

This software stinks only a little less than their tech support does.

What is wrong with it? I used 9 and 10 for years without problems though 8 was a POS.

Could not agree more. Neighbor bought it against my advice and is now bugging me to make it work. I seldom
turn down helping him but I warned him with all the comments I have read plus the hoop jumping just to HOPE
you might get a rebate back it was about as reliable as lottery tickets.

For what he wants to do GIMP would work fine....

I have done four Pinnacle rebates and they came back without a hitch.

I have done three Pinnacle rebates and had one denied. According to Pinnacle, I did not send in the rebate request in the alloted time. I had mailed the properly filled out forms a week after receiving the product and the form said it had to be mailed within a month. Guess the mail was really slow.

Pinnacle Studio is OK when it works but it has become bloated with new features and will frequently lock up or crash. I have found rendering to be a crap shoot; sometimes it works and sometimes it fails. Rerunning a failed render often works. Caveat emptor.

I think Pinnacle Studio is the easiest, most feature-rich video editing package. I have used the last several versions, and gotten the rebates with no hassle each time. What people don't realize is that video capturing and rendering is the most hard drive-intensive task you can ask of a computer. If you want to edit HD, and your PC is more than a couple years old, or you don't have plenty of available RAM and HD space, or you try to run a bunch of other tasks while rendering, then you will have hang-ups.

Fis said: I think Pinnacle Studio is the easiest, most feature-rich video editing package. I have used the last several versions, and gotten the rebates with no hassle each time. What people don't realize is that video capturing and rendering is the most hard drive-intensive task you can ask of a computer. If you want to edit HD, and your PC is more than a couple years old, or you don't have plenty of available RAM and HD space, or you try to run a bunch of other tasks while rendering, then you will have hang-ups.

i agree 100% with everything the above poster said also, i have always received ALL rebates, and started using pinnacle videodirector 200 years ago and still upgrade about every third or fourth upgrade inbetween, a great product if one has the proper equipment to use the software

greener said: started using pinnacle videodirector 200 years ago and still upgrade about every third or fourth upgrade inbetween, a great product if one has the proper equipment to use the software

HA! And I thought I was a long-timer @ 100 years!

Agree with it being a great product. Been using it since version 8.

electricpatj said: greener said: started using pinnacle videodirector 200 years ago and still upgrade about every third or fourth upgrade inbetween, a great product if one has the proper equipment to use the software

HA! And I thought I was a long-timer @ 100 years!

right and smile is big, director 200 was the original series pinnacle started with, then went to 400, etc., i owned a small video business for 25 years, doing weddings on weekends, slides, movies and photos to tapes, and a lot of weddings in my startup were done using pinnacle, if one knows how to use it, i.e., ediitng, special effects, one can make a very classy video today using dvd's instead of tape of yesteryear

Pinnacles Studios has had it's ups and downs over the years, but version 14 seem to handle HD format from my Canon HF100 camcorder much better than Ulead Video Studio or Sony Vegas.

Any way to get free shipping?

Sony Vegas 9 plat. working well for me but had it lock up when rending 1 hour long BlueRays. I found out ~2 weeks ago that you needed to patch the main executable and DLL's to flag them as >2GB aware. Now it renders everything I throw at it .

I wouldn't be surprised if rendering crashes with other video software with large/complex projects could be fixed the same way.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014