• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I have not seen this deal posted here. Fry's has the Canon EF-S 55-250mm for $149.00. It has been going for a while but was out of stock online and most stores were sold out. However, it is back in stock now for shipping and many stores has it as well.

Link

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Thanks OP, I was able to get one off Staples.com using the chat function.

Item 1 Qty. Subtotal
CANON EF-S 55-250 IS LENS 1... (more)

fugazibam (Jun. 03, 2010 @ 5:19p) |

Care to explain a bit?!?! Is/Was it $149 on Staples.com?

Jake79 (Jun. 09, 2010 @ 8:21a) |

It is 269 now

mclld (Jun. 09, 2010 @ 8:34a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

out of stock atm

Went out of stock online quickly. All 3 Houston stores has it in stock.

i have this lens and love it. at $150, this is a great deal for an outdoor lens (or with a good, powerful flash)

Just ordered one for instore pickup. Will make a great bday gift

Also, just noticed they have this 75-300mm one for $99? How does that compare to this one?
http://www.frys.com/product/4734379?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

The 75-300mm does not have IS. The 55-250mm is considered to be much better in general.

I believe that the more expensive lense has Image Stabilization built in, but not the cheaper one...

This is a very nice lens for the price. I have one and it has been my go to lens when I'm outdoors and I need a tight shot.

To see what this lens is capable of, check out the sample photo archive on the photography-on-the.net forum:
EF-S 55-250 IS Lens sample photo archive thread

Great deal, just got my confirmation to pick one up in store.

I have a Rebel XT with the 18-55mm lens, and a Tamron 75-300mm lens. Should I get this lens also?

I wish they had 18-200. Already own 55-250 and it's a great entry-level zoom lens.

what's wrong with their website...i've made orders to several stores and always got an email stating they don't have it in stock...

Some availabe in the stores around great LA area, I tried three stores, two of them have it, I made order three but only pick up one in the closed store, will call cancel the other two. Thanks!

skeez said: I have a Rebel XT with the 18-55mm lens, and a Tamron 75-300mm lens. Should I get this lens also?if i were in your situation i would get the canon 55-250mm and sell the tamron. the IS on a telephoto comes in very handy if you are hand holding the lens. if you can get this for $149 you can use this lens for a few years and probably sell it for more than $149.

this is probably the 2nd lowest price found for this lens. last year someone found a price mistake at hhgregg for $99 and i was able to get one for a gift. link to expired $99 deal

yeah, i ordered also only to get out of stock email

I ordered also in DFW and just got an out of stock email as well.

I ordered one 2 weeks ago and got the same out OD stock email. Ordered another 2 days later at another store and was lucky that time.

I was at the Fry's in Arlington, TX on saturday and their computer showed 6 of these in stock (well 5 now since I bought one).

Found one 60 miles away.....picked it up this evening

Site said it was in stock at only one of the stores in my area, so I ordered it. Ten minutes later I got the email that said, essentially, "Psych!" because it wasn't in stock. Of course, the site still shows it in stock several hours later.

Got one at the Webster Tx. store yesterday, must have been the last one as today they are out of stock.

Just got one Brand New at Staples for $130 - Call and speak to a CSR, price match to Frys, and use a 30 off 150 coupon

(the first rep wouldn't price match, but I called back and the second one would)
Amazing Deal!!

Bamabruin , any store of frys u refered while pricematch ?

No go on Staples pricematch.

same here, no stapl3s pricematch

i tried so hard to get one from frys.com that showed one location in houston as available but each time i placed an order it would get rejected with no item in stock. I printed the page with qty available at one houston store and called a local Sears store that one item in stock. I managed to convince the staff that they do have it in stock as the website shows the store with qty available and was able to price match and got 110 percent match.
i was very desperate to get one and thank my stars for been able to get one when i needed the most. i love Sears. i have recently got few good deals from them. bought a canon xsi only body for 99 dollars.

good luck.

The Bay Area Fry's seem to have them all back in stock. I just picked one up at the Sacramento store using in store pickup. Good luck to all!

Deal is still good. Just bought one today at the Austin store.

This is an excellent deal, BUT only if you already have a canon dslr. If you plan on getting this and the dslr, there are much better combo deals than getting this separately, like rebel xs plus this lens for around 540.

Back in stock online right now:

Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS

veedo said: Back in stock online right now:

Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS

Still in stock..

Awesome, thanks for the in stock update. I've been checking back every day except today. In for 1!

Thank you

Gone, missed it

Dang I hate the long work hours I've been working! I've been trying to get this for 2 weeks.. oos

where is this $30 dollars off $150 at Staples found?

Just FYI, the front element rotates, which can be an issue for some. Good value for the money though.

It's supposedly back in stock for pick up in the two Atlanta-area stores. I just placed an order, but I don't fully trust them, as I've had more than one "completed" order cancelled. The EF 75-300 I bought on clearance at Wal-Mart two weeks ago for just under $120 is going back, if Fry's follows through on the order. Thanks, OP.

Skipping 49 Messages...
It is 269 now

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.