• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Regal
Disclaimer
Free Movies at Regal Theaters Tuesdays and Wednesdays, $1 Movie Tuesdays at AMC Theaters.

Regal offer
Every summer Regal Theaters offers the Free Family Film Festival, and this summer is no different. Tuesday and Wednesday mornings at 10:00 a.m., gather your family for a free G or PG movie at your local Regal Entertainment Group theater! Seating is first-come basis and are limited to theater capacity (you know, for fire safety reasons). Tickets available exclusively at select theater box office day of show. For the whole dealy-o shebang, click here!

AMC offer
For those without a Regal Theater in your area (that would be me), AMC is offering a similar deal. Every Tuesday at 10:00 a.m., through August 10, AMC is offering a $1 family rated movie! The ticket and concession proceeds for these events will benefit two AMC charities, Variety – The Children’s Charity and the Will Rogers Institute. Click here for all the relevant info!

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Hey, I'm a teacher who teaches summer school over the internet and I have three little kids. This is perfect for me. It... (more)

luvbugium (Jun. 23, 2010 @ 9:28p) |

Guys its vacation time so you need only one free person to bring kids over there nothing wrong in this ...green for OP

secc (Jun. 24, 2010 @ 11:25a) |

Very cool. Thanks

chulojw (Jun. 24, 2010 @ 4:07p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Century theaters in the SF bay area have a similar promo going.

fyi.. not all theaters are T,W - some are T,Th.

JaxFL said: fyi.. not all theaters are T,W - some are T,Th.

good to know, thanks JaxFL

Also, at AMC you can use your (free) moviewatcher card and get a free small popcorn on Wednesdays!

So how does it work? You just show up or you need to carry some coupon?

dbthomas said: Also, at AMC you can use your (free) moviewatcher card and get a free small popcorn on Wednesdays!
I gotta get me one of them. Our theaters just switched from Kerasotes to AMC. I feel like I"m starting all over again with these crazy new guys. I was happy that they're currently offering $5 movies Monday-Thursday, though. Takes the sting out of losing the $5 club a little.

JB137 said: So how does it work? You just show up or you need to carry some coupon?

No coupons. Just show up before the show time, get your ticket, and you're good to go. First come, first served, though, so YMMV if it's a really hot day and everyone wants to go!

dbthomas said: Also, at AMC you can use your (free) moviewatcher card and get a free small popcorn on Wednesdays!

Yeah, one for each ticket (prints on stub) works out pretty, pretty, pretty good.

fuzzymello said: JB137 said: So how does it work? You just show up or you need to carry some coupon?

No coupons. Just show up before the show time, get your ticket, and you're good to go. First come, first served, though, so YMMV if it's a really hot day and everyone wants to go!
Tickets for each week will be on sale approximately one week prior to the scheduled show date

fuzzymello said: Free Movies at Regal Theaters Tuesdays and Wednesdays, $1 Movie Tuesdays at AMC Theaters.

Regal offer
Every summer Regal Theaters offers the Free Family Film Festival, and this summer is no different. Tuesday and Wednesday mornings at 10:00 a.m., gather your family for a free G or PG movie at your local Regal Entertainment Group theater! Seating is first-come basis and are limited to theater capacity (you know, for fire safety reasons). Tickets available exclusively at select theater box office day of show. For the whole dealy-o shebang, click here!

AMC offer
For those without a Regal Theater in your area (that would be me), AMC is offering a similar deal. Every Tuesday at 10:00 a.m., through August 10, AMC is offering a $1 family rated movie! The ticket and concession proceeds for these events will benefit two AMC charities, Variety – The Children’s Charity and the Will Rogers Institute. Click here for all the relevant info!

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Here are few mores.
Bow-Tie Theaters

http://www.cobbtheaters.com/grove16.aspx

http://www.cinemark.com/summermovieclubhouse/index.htm

http://clearviewcinemas.com/Kids_Club/index.shtml

AMC IMAX - Free PopCorn coupon attached.

Now... is the kid's movie the ONLY movie showing at that time, or can you pay the $1 to get in the door and watch a different movie?

Only those movies will show. In years past, I was able to pay online for the $1 ticket (free service fee with a moviewatcher card) and pick them up when I got there at the machine.

AMC used to do it on Wednesday which was great for moviewatcher members as popcorn was free...

NYCRule said:

Careful with this one - A friend tried using it over the weekend and was denied as it as a fake. Local AMC is liberal with coupons so I was surprised about this - for example ours would take coupons even if expired.

rsuaver said: NYCRule said:

Careful with this one - A friend tried using it over the weekend and was denied as it as a fake. Local AMC is liberal with coupons so I was surprised about this - for example ours would take coupons even if expired.

It WAS confirmed as a fake by the AMC rep so that shouldn't be a surprise.

Wow, thanks for the info. I hadnt heard of this, and I have a participating AMC right down the road!

who has time to go to the movies in the morning ...people are either in school or working...moronic post.

Hmmmm, let's see. Millions of stay at home moms and the kids they tirelessly keep at home. This is a great deal for them and the fathers who work to keep the bills paid (or mothers who work and fathers who stay at home ).

funketekun said: who has time to go to the movies in the morning ...people are either in school or working...moronic post.

Hey get that burr out from under your saddle! There are a lot of retirees and others out there who have done all those things that you are now doing and now find it is time to relax. However, I do agree about the "moronic post" but not by the OP.

funketekun said: who has time to go to the movies in the morning ...people are either in school or working...moronic post.

Kids are out of school over the summer........maybe you always had to go to summer school so it was different for you

Free movies at 10 AM = 20%+ unemployment

mymiura said: Free movies at 10 AM = 20%+ unemployment
They need to pay me to see those old movies. It's a good to kill some time and when you have nothing else to do in life.

fuzzymello said: dbthomas said: Also, at AMC you can use your (free) moviewatcher card and get a free small popcorn on Wednesdays!
I gotta get me one of them. Our theaters just switched from Kerasotes to AMC. I feel like I"m starting all over again with these crazy new guys. I was happy that they're currently offering $5 movies Monday-Thursday, though. Takes the sting out of losing the $5 club a little.

I didn't realize we had FW staff in our fair capital city! You're probably the one who keeps beating me to some of the deals

If I remember correctly, there might be a delay in our newly christened AMC theater's acceptance of the moviewatcher card. You still should get one since it will inevitably be accepted someday.

Not in Michigan. Strange?

Goodrich Quality Theaters also have $1 kids summer movies (Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri)

http://www.gqti.com/kidsummermovies.aspx

tonyo2000 said: Goodrich Quality Theaters also have $1 kids summer movies (Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri)

http://www.gqti.com/kidsummermovies.aspx

Thank you so much.

Our local theater had movies in April and kids were free, adults were $1. It was fun and if the 2 year couldn't handle sitting still. No biggie, it was a $1. lol

Free is never good....

Will attract all the hoodlums and riots will occur.

just google Drake's free concert at seaport you will see.

yo yo whats good yo - Hoodrats

I just can see moms and their pre-teens rioting at 10 in the morning because they ran out of juju bees!

I agree. There are many mom's looking for ways to keep thier kids entertained without breaking the bank. Colie said: funketekun said: who has time to go to the movies in the morning ...people are either in school or working...moronic post.

Hey get that burr out from under your saddle! There are a lot of retirees and others out there who have done all those things that you are now doing and now find it is time to relax. However, I do agree about the "moronic post" but not by the OP.

There was 1 movie each week for 1 day(2x) for 4 weeks. Older kids were in school. Yes!

2010 Carmike's Summer Kid's Series

Every Tuesday this Summer, cool off with us while you enjoy one of your favorite blockbuster films from the past on one of our large screens for only a buck. That's right kids, you can watch a film for only a buck with Carmike's Summer Kid's Series. Also, popcorn and drink are only a buck each. What better way to stay cool on these hot summer days. Series showing at select locations. Please contact the manager at your local Carmike theatre for more details. Check your local theatre for features and showtimes.

link

Beware-Not all Theatres have working Assistive Hearing Devices for Hard-Of-Hearing patrons. Call Theatre manger to verify if they have working units. (unlikely)

Hey I may be a moron, that is ok, but I took advantage of a free movie and took 4 kids. And it was early enough that I fed them breakfast then off to the movie, no need for popcorn. Thanks Op

bippie said:
I didn't realize we had FW staff in our fair capital city! You're probably the one who keeps beating me to some of the deals

If I remember correctly, there might be a delay in our newly christened AMC theater's acceptance of the moviewatcher card. You still should get one since it will inevitably be accepted someday.

LoLz, sorry to dissapoint, Bippie, but I'm closer to the capital of that "other" state to the north than our own Glad to hear about the moviewatcher card, I'm looking forward to being able to use it!

at my local cinema the ones they are showing can be rented for the most part.

Hey, I'm a teacher who teaches summer school over the internet and I have three little kids. This is perfect for me. It's not just the free movie that I can also get for free with the Redbox Breakroom code and one of my million old app o rama cards, but it's the experience of going to the theater and seeing something on a big screen (not to mention the air conditioning) that's great for the kids.

Thanks op

Guys its vacation time so you need only one free person to bring kids over there nothing wrong in this ...green for OP

Very cool. Thanks

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014