• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
HTC Evo's are back in stock at sprint.com as of 8/30/2010 6:06PM (bumping this so people save money if they didnt notice...)

Get $50 off each new device if you add phones and plans to your cart, and then at the billing screen click "Cancel Order".

Your data won't be lost, you'll just get $50 credit per phone.

*Note: this was for new activation

Clicking that button saved me $100...

Regular Price: $449
Instant Savings: $150
MIR: $100
"Cancel Order" Savings: $50
---------------------------
$149

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I second that. Makes me want to say f-you Sprint and get an iPhone 4. And that is very very painful for me to admit. ... (more)

mddolloff (Aug. 19, 2010 @ 11:44a) |

bump back in stock today.... some good advice in this thread.

dossux (Aug. 30, 2010 @ 5:07p) |

Has anyone been able to get the $100 MIR after buying a phone at Radio Shack or Best Buy where they give you an instant ... (more)

stevenk8 (Sep. 11, 2010 @ 11:10p) |

Search for EVO deals on FatWallet before plunking down $250 on this one.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good to know. I love my EVO. The phone is just awesome. I try to burn thru the data like a mad man. Good find on the deal though.

Here's a forum for the EVO: http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/

Does not seem to work with corporate discounts.

Good find though OP.

advocatus said: EVO vs iPhone 4

Good!

Hilarious, and so true it hurts. The EVO is hands down a superior phone, but you'll never convince the apple fanboys.

Great deal on the EVO if you can get it. Green for OP.

Damn, that vid was awesome. It gets a little vulgar for no reason. Would have been just as funny if they left out the chopping off dick part.

Good deal, but man the monthly charge is whew! $99 for a month...

doesn't work for add-an-line oh well congrat to ppl who got in this deal

LOL that was hilarious and I own an iPhone 4.

Got in.
Discount doesn't work with EPRP.

does Sprint.com charge CA tax? at checkout, there is no sales tax included. but i'm afraid sales tax might be tacked on in the end (after you have to enter your SSN for a credit check). i don't want to get a credit check just to see that they charge tax.

This didn't work for me.

So I google and found a promo code.

Promo code "SAVE50" works, it gives you $50 invoice credit per phone. So with $100 mail in rebate, the price also comes down to $149.99 + tax

Jereth308 said: This didn't work for me.

Promo code "SAVE50" works, it gives you $50 invoice credit per phone. So with $100 mail in rebate, the price also comes down to $149.99 + tax

That didn't work: The promotional code does not apply to any items in your shopping cart. Check the code and try again.

Dropped the price already?

That video was great.

Loved the reply video too.

I love the arguments between these phones...
the evo has a higher MP camera but the iphone4 takes better pictures....
the evo has a bigger screen but the iphone4 has a higher res screen...
the evo has a removable battery but the iphone4 battery lasts 3-4 times longer..
the evo is more of an open platform, resulting in instability over a large number of devices, while the iphone4's app marketplace is controlled and the apps in it are perfectly stable, due to the iphones consistant hardware.
the evo is 4g, but you do not live in a 4g area.

Goood stuff.

I think it's good stuff. There's something for everyone out there.

If you want a phone that's open and embraces freedom, get an EVO 4G.
If you want a phone that has a guiding hand making sure apps are reliable, but comes with big brother standard, get an iPhone 4.

Some people want freedom, accepting compromises and will chose EVO 4G. Some people are okay with big brother if it means that ends at their phone... and they'll chose iPhone 4.

Some people are okay with a 2 GB cap. Some people want totally unlimited data.

iPhone, EVO 4G, tomato, tomato.

Does this work for SERO contract renewal?

Not for the old $30 sero, but the 59.99 new sero/employee referral it does, still have to have the $10 mandatory premium data though

Maybe it only works for new contracts? Also, I was in Sprint's "Private Store"... not sure how I got there, but it was through Google-ing.

This is what I got using "SAVE50"

1:
Quantity
Monthly Charges
One-Time Charges

Phone

HTC EVO 4G1
$150.00 instant savings (per phone)
$100.00 mail-in rebate (per phone)
$50.00 Invoice Credit2

$449.99
-$150.00

Services

Premium Data
$10.00

asuka said: I think it's good stuff. There's something for everyone out there.

If you want a phone that has a guiding hand making sure apps are reliable, but comes with big brother standard, get an iPhone 4.

Some people want freedom, accepting compromises and will chose EVO 4G. Some people are okay with big brother if it means that ends at their phone... and they'll chose iPhone 4.

I have to disagree about openness;

Google makes their "default" apps (Gmail, Maps, etc.) completely closed source and even takes down anyone who tries to share them.
By contrast Palm releases all source code for their apps.
Also, you need to root your phone to get access to certain parts, which has proven especially difficult with the EVO.
-From iphone vs android vs webos (lifehacker)

dayyan said: asuka said: I think it's good stuff. There's something for everyone out there.

I have to disagree about openness;

Google makes their "default" apps (Gmail, Maps, etc.) completely closed source and even takes down anyone who tries to share them.
By contrast Palm releases all source code for their apps.
Also, you need to root your phone to get access to certain parts, which has proven especially difficult with the EVO.
-From iphone vs android vs webos (lifehacker)

agreed. android is no more open than ios.

When it all boils down to it - it's a phone. As long as it can check voicemails and sext, what else is there..

Idiot proof guide to rooting your EVO here. New phones buyers can skip most of the steps that are backing up your apps.

It didn't work for me. When I clicked "cancel order", it asked me to confirm. Either "yes" or "no" wouldn't give me the $50 discount.

dossux said: HTC Evo's are back in stock at sprint.com

Get $50 off each new device if you add phones and plans to your cart, and then at the billing screen click "Cancel Order".

$149

Also folks, the samsung Epic 4G is coming to sprint soon. http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/29/samsung-epic-4g-preview/

So those that want a physical keyboard might want to wait a month or 2 for this super AMOLED screen and hummingbird processor equipped phone.

Jereth308 said: This didn't work for me.

didn't work for me. spent 30 minutes on phone with sprint, only to get activation fee and shipping waived. oh well. should get it monday.

Awesome!!

Here. I retraced my step to get the SAVE50 coupon to work!

1. Go to http://sprint.p.delivery.net/m/p/nxt/ais/wdyw.asp
2. Use "mail@rom.com"
3. Click on "Shop and Save" button.

Notice the "Private Store" on the upper left.

4. Click on the "Start shopping" button on the welcome tab.

Find the HTC Evo, add it to the cart and apply the coupon code "SAVE50". This gives you $50 invoice credit per phone.

There you go!

everyone wants a phone that lasts 1 hour battery time
how is that a phone again?

Jereth308 said: Here. I retraced my step to get the SAVE50 coupon to work!

1. Go to http://sprint.p.delivery.net/m/p/nxt/ais/wdyw.asp
2. Use "mail@rom.com"
3. Click on "Shop and Save" button.

Notice the "Private Store" on the upper left.

4. Click on the "Start shopping" button on the welcome tab.

Find the HTC Evo, add it to the cart and apply the coupon code "SAVE50". This gives you $50 invoice credit per phone.

There you go!

Darn....does not work with EPRP.

Archon810 said: The Comeback: HTC EVO 4G vs iPhone 4

so true
listen up droidsheepboys

just a warning to people who want to get this phone, Sprint charges the extra $10 4g fee if you have 4g in your area yet or not. Just something to keep in mind.

Yeah they do.

I ordered 2 lines. It came out to be as follow.

$139.99 Everything Data-1500 Shared Anytime Minutes
+ $10.00 Services Premium Data
=$149.99 Total before discounts
- $34.99 25% AOL Discount
=$115.00 Total before tax

Cheaper than Sprint's EPRP. Which is rated at 129.99 before tax.

khayeAbad said: Is sprint a VOIP?
No. Sprint is one of the 4 major cell phone carriers. They do not have VOIP.

advocatus said: EVO vs iPhone 4I don't care.

dossux said: HTC Evo's are back in stock at sprint.com

$149

Thanks for the heads up. Got in on one from my employer corporate store, didn't bother with the add'l $50 loophole.

I am still on the "old" $30 SERO, how do I upgrade to the $59 SERO plan that will work with the EVO 4G ?

CJXing said: I am still on the "old" $30 SERO, how do I upgrade to the $59 SERO plan that will work with the EVO 4G ?
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1009786/

tante said: just a warning to people who want to get this phone, Sprint charges the extra $10 4g fee if you have 4g in your area yet or not. Just something to keep in mind.

That's exactly where I don't get it. Is the phone that good to pay $10 a month extra for the non-existing service you will get maybe next year (if you are lucky).

Skipping 59 Messages...
Has anyone been able to get the $100 MIR after buying a phone at Radio Shack or Best Buy where they give you an instant rebate? I thought some time back someone had posted that the rebate dept. at Sprint doesn't look to see where you bought the phone, just look to see that you did activate it on your account. That would make the EVO only $99!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014