• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11541061

As expected, it looks like Costco changed the deal that its members can get for 24 Hour Fitness. Previously, there was a $299 price for a 2-year membership, and now it's 3 years for $449. It still comes out to under $12.50 a month, but requires a longer commitment. I guess that's the Costco-sized version of the membership. If you're pretty sure you'll actually go to the gym with some regularity -- and if your local club is not a Super Sport or Ultra Sport -- this is still a great deal.

---------------------

For more than 25 years, we’ve dedicated ourselves to helping people live life to the fullest. We have more than 370 clubs open up to 24 hours where you can enjoy state-of-the-art equipment, cardio and resistance training, high energy group exercise classes, and guidance from our 3,000 Personal Trainers on staff. We welcome people of all shapes and sizes with fitness goals big and small. And now, we’re here to help you.

THREE YEAR All-Club Sport Membership Certificate:

• With access to more than 370 locations, most open up to 24 hours, your workouts will always be close and convenient.
  • We have more than 3,000 Personal Trainers* on staff to give you support, motivation and a personalized fitness program to help reach your goals.
  • Group exercise classes allow you to mix up your fitness routine. They include everything from Yoga to Cycling to Step. And best of all, they’re FREE* with your membership.
  • Our Kids’ Club* is a place for children 6 months to 12 years. It’s a safe and supervised environment where your young ones can play while you exercise.

Please review terms & conditions below before purchasing.

*Personal Training, Pilates Reformer and Kids’ Club available for additional fee
    ** Membership certificates cannot be redeemed in Hawaii, Maryland, New York, New Jersey and Ultra/Super Sport locations.

All-Club Sport Membership Certificate:
  • Limit 4 per person
  • Membership available for adults ages 18+ (19 in NE)
  • Membership available for ages 12-18 with parent
  • Workout at any Fitlite, Express, Active or Sport Club
  • All-Club Sport membership does not include access to Super Sport and Ultra Sport Clubs

Terms & Conditions:
  • No credit or refund on any lost or destroyed certificates
  • All-Club membership does not include access to Super Sport and Ultra Sport locations
  • Offer not valid for current members
  • Must be at least 18 years old (19 in NE), or 12 with parent
  • Offer good for a three year All-Club Sport Limited term non-renewable prepaid membership
  • Limit four per person
  • No other discounts with this offer
  • Membership may not be upgraded
  • State/local sales tax is included in the purchase price where applicable
  • At the time of redemption, any other products or agreements being purchased must be paid for separately to 24 Hour Fitness
  • Facilities and amenities vary per location
  • Not all clubs open 24 hours every day
  • Available at participating locations only
  • Membership must be activated in club
  • Non-redeemed certificate can be returned for a full refund through Costco
  • Three year contract begins when certificate is redeemed at local participating club
  • Membership not for re-sale
  • No expiration date to redeem membership certificate

For more information about 24 Hour Fitness clubs please visit www.24HourFitness.com or call 800-224-0240 for additional terms and conditions.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11541061

EXPRESS
Need a EXPRESS coupon that earns 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
GUESS
Need a GUESS coupon that earns 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
24 Hour Fitness
Need a 24 Hour Fitness coupon that earns 5.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Can I use another regular 2 year membership from costco after mine expires in august or is it one offer per customer per... (more)

steverino3579 (Feb. 08, 2011 @ 7:36p) |

ShortChop (Mar. 23, 2011 @ 2:24a) |

While I can't answer this question in full, I will share the extent of my knowledge. My membership ended the beginning o... (more)

Some6uy008 (Mar. 23, 2011 @ 5:20a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

What's the easiest way for an existing member to use this? If cancelling existing membership is only way, is there a waiting period until you're considered a new member again?

What happened to the $500/3years and $30/year renewal? Haven't seen any such deals lately.

BTW, thanks for posting OP. Green for a reasonable deal even though I'm looking for something similar to the one above.

They want you to get a long contract cause most people don't go to the gym after a month or two.

poohbie said: What's the easiest way for an existing member to use this? If cancelling existing membership is only way, is there a waiting period until you're considered a new member again?

You basically are going to have to let your old membership expires. When it's expired, you're going to basically create a new account and everything like you've never been there before, even though the guys there know that you're a regular.

That's what happened when I went from month-to-month to the Costco one.

Excludes NJ...how ridiculous...

is the old $299/2 years membership still available at local costcos?

No, 2 year got replaced with the 3 year plan.

SVTour98 said: Excludes NJ...how ridiculous...

Maybe get the membership in another state and then once you are signed up, you can go to clubs in NJ?

I am still waiting for some kind of deal that includes the Ultra Sport clubs.

psu26262 said: poohbie said: What's the easiest way for an existing member to use this? If cancelling existing membership is only way, is there a waiting period until you're considered a new member again?

You basically are going to have to let your old membership expires. When it's expired, you're going to basically create a new account and everything like you've never been there before, even though the guys there know that you're a regular.

That's what happened when I went from month-to-month to the Costco one.

I'm on month-to-month too. How long did you wait between cancelling and using the Costco certificate as a new member?

I'd like to cancel today and enroll tomorrow as a new member, but don't know whether they keep your info in the system and thus don't consider you as a new customer until enough time has elapsed. I can't wait months to sign up again.

kaaria said: SVTour98 said: Excludes NJ...how ridiculous...

Maybe get the membership in another state and then once you are signed up, you can go to clubs in NJ?

Hmm this is an interesting idea...

The only one near me is a Super Sport, and none of these deals are ever valid for those ones! Someone told me there is a way to buy one of these and then "upgrade" to Super Sport later on for an additional $xx a month. Has anyone tried this?

I asked last year.. they charge you extra $10 each month if you want to use super sport club.

I hardly take showers at home. Once I can get my butt to health club, I have to excise so I can take a shower.

I just did this.

You have to wait until the last day of your current membership to use this. They will then create a new membership for you and your current permanent membership card will be deactivated. They will send you a new card in about two weeks. Until then you will have a paper copy of your membership agreement with a bar code that you will bring in.

They will not give you any hassle and will gladly explain the process if you ask. The restriction about current members is kind of silly, all it means is you have to let your membership lapse or do it the day it expires. What it does is prevent someone from stacking two of these on top of each other. Nothing more, nothing less (so no locking in six years for $150/years).

24 Hour Fitness? I just don't have time for that.

a 3 yr commitment to be in a room with a group of sweaty, Costco customers. where's my checkbook.

cheap priceeee

What does 4 per person mean? 4 people per $450 (which could be done $450/4) or 4 people per costco membership (4 x $450)

Playa7x said: What does 4 per person mean? 4 people per $450 (which could be done $450/4) or 4 people per costco membership (4 x $450)

I wonder the same

I remember signing up for 24hour fitness with a bunch of other fatwalleters many years ago. A group of us went to one 24 Hour Fitness site (I think it was in San Jose) and signed up for a 3 year prepaid membership and got a $24/year annual renewal. I forget the cost of the initial 3 years, maybe $550.

brucelee30 said: I remember signing up for 24hour fitness with a bunch of other fatwalleters many years ago. A group of us went to one 24 Hour Fitness site (I think it was in San Jose) and signed up for a 3 year prepaid membership and got a $24/year annual renewal. I forget the cost of the initial 3 years, maybe $550.

I got in on a similar deal about 6 years ago, about $500-550 for 3 years with $20/year renewal and at the All-club Super-Sport level. They used to run this promotion for 1 month, two times a year. In the early part of the year they ran it as the "March Madness" deal, and I'm not sure what they called it in a later part of the year. Apparently the $20/year renewal, especially at super-sport level, was as cheap as it ever got and most have renewals somewhere in the $40-50/year range. A couple years later they also changed the "lifetime" to a set number of years, vs my contract which allows me to renew for $20/year for life.

According to a rep at a club, these 3-year plans with cheap renewals were eliminated about a year ago, so who knows if you will ever see them again.

saidiadude said: What happened to the $500/3years and $30/year renewal? Haven't seen any such deals lately.

BTW, thanks for posting OP. Green for a reasonable deal even though I'm looking for something similar to the one above.

24 Hour Fitness stopped doing those amazing deals with the $30 or $50/year renewals. They finally realized it didn't make business sense to do that. After all, some of the oldest clubs in the system are filled with people paying $50 a YEAR. It must be hard to pay for the regular maintenance of the clubs if there's not a regular source of income.

Just wonder if i can get this 3 years member if I use my gf costco card? any inputs will be appreciated.

itsnorm said: saidiadude said: What happened to the $500/3years and $30/year renewal? Haven't seen any such deals lately.

24 Hour Fitness stopped doing those amazing deals with the $30 or $50/year renewals. They finally realized it didn't make business sense to do that. After all, some of the oldest clubs in the system are filled with people paying $50 a YEAR. It must be hard to pay for the regular maintenance of the clubs if there's not a regular source of income.

I wonder if they ever did any internal studies of what % of people who purchased those expensive 3 year contracts followed by cheap annual fees actually continue to go to the gym regularly after the first year? I suspect most people resemble the new years crowd when they join a gym, they go for a few visits then stop going.

If 24hr can now get people to pay $450 or more up front for 3 years, they basically get the same benefits as before except the up front payment is a little smaller but those memberships totally end after 3 years. I guess they no longer have to offer the lifetime plans with cheap annual fees after the 3rd year to entice people into paying a large sum of money up front.

Ok i pulled the trigger on this. It worked with my gf costco card. Yahooo... 12.5/month is a extreme deal. I used to pay 39.99/month at the YMCA

TheFinalProphecy said: The only one near me is a Super Sport, and none of these deals are ever valid for those ones! Someone told me there is a way to buy one of these and then "upgrade" to Super Sport later on for an additional $xx a month. Has anyone tried this?

the costco i go to has a $599/2 year deal for super sport 24. Its basically double the price of the all club membership at $25 bucks a month.

I am currently using the costco certificate I got about 1.5 years ago. I have gone to a super sport and they have offered me the option to upgrade at another $10 bucks a month. Probably YMMV on being offered that.

funketekun said: Just wonder if i can get this 3 years member if I use my gf costco card? any inputs will be appreciated.
You don't need to be a member of Costco. The fine print of the website says they don't charge a fee for gift certificates, and I was able to get one without a card or additional fee (which I did about a year ago, and I assume the website terms haven't changed since then).

danielsan127 said: TheFinalProphecy said: The only one near me is a Super Sport, and none of these deals are ever valid for those ones! Someone told me there is a way to buy one of these and then "upgrade" to Super Sport later on for an additional $xx a month. Has anyone tried this?

the costco i go to has a $599/2 year deal for super sport 24. Its basically double the price of the all club membership at $25 bucks a month.

I am currently using the costco certificate I got about 1.5 years ago. I have gone to a super sport and they have offered me the option to upgrade at another $10 bucks a month. Probably YMMV on being offered that.

Where is you costco? Anyone know if a costco in the Dallas/Ft Worth area has this deal?

why do you wanna buy only for 2 years. 3 years is better. You can work out longer.

wutsdadealio said:

I wonder if they ever did any internal studies of what % of people who purchased those expensive 3 year contracts followed by cheap annual fees actually continue to go to the gym regularly after the first year? I suspect most people resemble the new years crowd when they join a gym, they go for a few visits then stop going.

If 24hr can now get people to pay $450 or more up front for 3 years, they basically get the same benefits as before except the up front payment is a little smaller but those memberships totally end after 3 years. I guess they no longer have to offer the lifetime plans with cheap annual fees after the 3rd year to entice people into paying a large sum of money up front.

I just looked at my membership agreement. 2004 (450/3 year, 20 annual renewal). from 2004- 2009 I probably went less then 50 times. In the past year, I go 4x week. So i'm sure it'll still take me another year to really break even. They may not visit, but i'm sure they drop the $20/year to renew. I wonder what it costs to maintain a membership in the system.

rdraider said: danielsan127 said: TheFinalProphecy said: The only one near me is a Super Sport, and none of these deals are ever valid for those ones! Someone told me there is a way to buy one of these and then "upgrade" to Super Sport later on for an additional $xx a month. Has anyone tried this?

Where is you costco? Anyone know if a costco in the Dallas/Ft Worth area has this deal?

sorry...i thought i put it in my original post. everett, wa. saw it there last month.

hi does any one use this and pay extral and get into super sport? i'm trying to go super sport and good deal?

saidiadude said: What happened to the $500/3years and $30/year renewal? Haven't seen any such deals lately.

The prepay deals ended a couple of years ago. 24 only does Month to Month memberships. But there are tons of people who are still on the $500-700 upfront for 3 years and $10-99 a year forever. I'm on $29 a year right now but they do have me as a customer for life because I moved away from a 24 but can't give up my $29 membership because it's so cheap.

danielsan127 said: rdraider said: danielsan127 said: TheFinalProphecy said: The only one near me is a Super Sport, and none of these deals are ever valid for those ones! Someone told me there is a way to buy one of these and then "upgrade" to Super Sport later on for an additional $xx a month. Has anyone tried this?

sorry...i thought i put it in my original post. everett, wa. saw it there last month.

Thanks! I hav't seen any costco deals for the super sport locations around me. My costco 2 year all sport just expired and am looking for the best deal for a super sport.

moolman said:

The prepay deals ended a couple of years ago. 24 only does Month to Month memberships. But there are tons of people who are still on the $500-700 upfront for 3 years and $10-99 a year forever. I'm on $29 a year right now but they do have me as a customer for life because I moved away from a 24 but can't give up my $29 membership because it's so cheap.

lol...I was wondering what i'd do if I moved some where they didn't have a 24. Guess i'd still pay my annual should I ever move again.

I am getting a $22.50 surcharge added for being a non-member.

All Dallas-Forth Worth Costco's have this 3 year deal near the giftcards area, usually between Books and Electronic Games.

I think it means that you can only buy four of these memberships under one Costco account. I don't believe you have to be the one using the 24hr fitness account though. I just purchased two of these memberships and gave one to my friend who doesn't have a Costco membership and he was able to use it. He is my roommate though so I am not sure if the same address has to apply.

Skipping 15 Messages...
steverino3579 said:   Can I use another regular 2 year membership from costco after mine expires in august or is it one offer per customer per lifetime?

While I can't answer this question in full, I will share the extent of my knowledge. My membership ended the beginning of this month (that was a fast 2 years!) 24 sent me a letter notifying me of such and in the letter they offered me 2 options. Renew for $19.99/month or get another prepaid membership at Costco. This suggests to me that the Costco prepaid is "renewable"

I have not renewed with 24 since there is a Bally closer to me and for the same appox price, so please take me answer for what it is worth.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014