• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
4 Pack1 pc AA to D Battery Cell Converter Adaptor Holder

Coupon Code :MLC401412070845AL1 limit 600 uses
Regular Price: $2.70 Final Price: $1.49 Shipped

Meritline.com
See Meritline.com discounts that earn 3.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

in for one 4-pack, thanks.

Got one. Thx op.

**Ships from China warehouse. Most customers receive in 2-3 weeks

TuxMan said: Got one. Thx op.

**Ships from China warehouse. Most customers receive in 2-3 weeks

slow - but it gets here !

Wait for the ones that hold 2 AA, one AA to a D is just way too little power.

One more order with them today. Thanks OP.

Thanks! I'll give them a try.

most us plan to use it with rechargeable's, any 2000mh-nimh rechargeable will
have more power than D

edit : learned something new today, i always assumed NIMH rechargeable's had
more power, as they lasted real long on my cameras.

vibe said: Wait for the ones that hold 2 AA, one AA to a D is just way too little power.

itsme13 said: most us plan to use it with rechargeable's, any 2000mh-nimh rechargeable will
have more power than D
vibe said: Wait for the ones that hold 2 AA, one AA to a D is just way too little power.

A 2,000 mAh rechargeable has less capacity than your typical high cap alkaline D, which can clock in at over 15,000 mAh. So at 1.2V drain, we're talking under 2.5 Watt-hours of power for an AA NiMH vs 18 Watt-hours of power for that D.

I use battery heated gloves during the winter when I have to clear the snow off the sidewalk and driveway. This flake D size battery is much lighter than a real D size battery. I only need the battery to last 1 hour. I think the adapter will be very useful.

OhToSee said: itsme13 said: most us plan to use it with rechargeable's, any 2000mh-nimh rechargeable will
have more power than D

A 2,000 mAh rechargeable has less capacity than your typical high cap alkaline D, which can clock in at over 15,000 mAh. So at 1.2V drain, we're talking under 2.5 Watt-hours of power for an AA NiMH vs 18 Watt-hours of power for that D.

I have some 10000 mAh nimh Ds that I bought from eBay. The real nimh D cells are 5 X the capacity of an AA nimh.

Thanks!

Actually, judging by the sizes of batteries, it is possible to have adapter which accommodate up to four (or even five?) of the AA variety to make up one of the D kind.
But for the flashlight, these work just fine.

soshine
Disclaimer
g10ny said: vibe said: Wait for the ones that hold 2 AA, one AA to a D is just way too little power.
Actually, judging by the sizes of batteries, it is possible to have adapter which accommodate up to four (or even five?) of the AA variety to make up one of the D kind.
The 3AA -> D adapters are rare and pricey. You have to be careful because some of those adapters wire the batteries in series (3.6v instead of 1.2v parallel). The most AA-D I've seen crammed in are custom-made 4AA->D adapters, and they are very expensive. It's not physically possible to fit more than 4 into a standard D size casing. Line them up and see for yourself.

These Soshine 2AA->D adapters are relatively affordable. I've found them to be far more useful than the single AA-D adapters. Most devices that take D's are designed to suck down more current. If you use a single AA in place of a D, you'll find that the batteries run down quickly and need replacement often.

Now I just gotta convince myself to toss the single AA-D adapters into the recycle bin

I'd say not to toss them, you can give them away to someone who can appreciate their value.
And thanks for the details you provided.

http://www.DealExtreme.com/details.dx/sku.22082

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.