• 1 234511
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Not sure if this was ever posted, but with a .edu student account you can instantly get a year of Prime membership for free.

FAQ

Amazon Prime free for one year ($79 value)
Unlimited FREE Two-Day Shipping on textbooks and millions of other items
No minimum order size
Upgrades to One-Day shipping for $3.99/item
E-mail alerts for exclusive deals and promotions
It's free for students - sign up by providing your school and major

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
sic bump

ehua999 (Dec. 20, 2011 @ 4:19p) |

I know that free Prime isn't eligible for most new free movies. Does anyone know if it excludes Prime book content for ... (more)

TheGMan (Dec. 28, 2011 @ 4:21p) |

show only 6months for me?????

Doan (Dec. 28, 2011 @ 9:38p) |

Works on existing accounts too!

Click the link, log into your current account using your current email, enter your student email address and information, confirm email address (via link in confirmation email), check your Prime membership term under My Account -> Orders -> Manage Prime Membership.

No Auto-renew, possibility of 2nd year

From the terms and conditions (emphasis added):

If you sign up for an Amazon Student membership, for the first year of that membership, you will receive one free year of Amazon Prime. We may choose to extend this free offer for more than one year. With Amazon Prime, you will be entitled to FREE Two-Day shipping and $3.99 per unit One-Day shipping on all eligible purchases for one year. The automatic renewal provisions in the Amazon Prime Terms & Conditions (which would require you to pay for Amazon Prime) do not apply to this membership, even if we decide to extend the free Amazon Prime offer beyond one year. There is no minimum purchase requirement. Amazon Student members will also be entitled to discounts and promotions, which we will communicate to you via e-mail or make available on the Amazon Student membership page at www.Amazon.com/student.

If you see this message: "Signup Failed Our apologies -- an error occurred while processing your information. It's not you, it's us. Please try again by completing the form below." Change to another state and change back. This will solve the problem.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

My student email is still active....but can u change after signing for the service as its heavily spammed account now?

Holy crap why did I not know this before!

sin94 said: My student email is still active....They didn't have student email when I went to college.

Dial-in with 300 baud acoustic couplers and DEC writers.

Awesome! Thanks OP! I want to sign up but think I should wait until I actually purchase something from Amazon. Do you think they'll shut this down? Anybody?

Confirmed working with my old Alumni .edu address that I'm actually already using as my main Amazon account. I've had the free 3 month trials twice already too, most recently about 5 months ago. Green for you OP!

my prime expires on the 20th of the month. I have and stull use my old .edu address - but I don't want to get all these spam e-mails.. and the e-mail that I have associated with my account is my .edu one.

hmmm

Looks like you can use any Amazon.com account, just need the .edu address for student verification.

Works on existing accounts too!

Click the link, log into your current account using your current email, enter your student email address and information, confirm email address (via link in confirmation email), check your Prime membership term under My Account -> Orders -> Manage Prime Membership.

AWESOME!!!

This is why I love australia.edu

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL said: This is why I love australia.edu

The continent's ONLY accredited university aside from Road Warrior U with its 50% graduation rate (two students enter, one student leave)

I've never gotten australia.edu to work

sorry, my system locked up. lol.

double post. so sorry,.

eterry2 said: I've never gotten australia.edu to work

I hear it's as hard as pressing submit "once".

I never knew, thanks for info OP!

AWESOME DEAL! I am sick of stringing together a bunch of 1 month trials every time i want something.

An FYI, if you have an existing membership, this will cancel it and start the one year free trial immediately. You will see a rebate deposit email almost immediately.

Or at least I did.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL said: This is why I love australia.edu

"An administrator must manually approve your account. This will occur within 24-48 hours. Thank you for your patience."

I am betting Administrator will NOT approve many account within next 48 hours.

-AK74

Students only??? What about staff? Though I 'learn' something everyday here Guess Other/Other

Then again - I have to test it, to recommended it to other students

rogue4 said: Works on existing accounts too!

AWESOME!!!

So just so I understand it ADDS a year to existing accounts? If so thats ULTRA MEGA HOT!

ak74 said: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL said: This is why I love australia.edu

"An administrator must manually approve your account. This will occur within 24-48 hours. Thank you for your patience."

-AK74

An administrator... email admin or Amazon admin? What triggered this, the australia.edu or using other/other?

My account got approved basically instantly. I had finished a Prime trial a few weeks ago and paid for a year, which they canceled/credited for $72.xx (pro-rated amount) with this offer Thanks OP!

rsuaver said:

An administrator... email admin or Amazon admin? What triggered this, the australia.edu or using other/other?

Must have been the australia.edu - Mine was validated instantly...

Maisma said: An FYI, if you have an existing membership, this will cancel it and start the one year free trial immediately. You will see a rebate deposit email almost immediately.

Or at least I did.

Wait, so let's confirm this because there are conflicting reports - you had an existing paid PRIME account, added your .edu email, and it canceled the paid account and change to the free one year? How much did you get back, was the refund prorated?

Thanks for any info...

My alumni edu address was rejected.

Cool validated instantly. They actually canceled my Prime that I was paying for, refunded the difference, and gave me the free year starting today. Can't beat that!

Thanks OP!!

SUPER HOT. It upgraded my old account by asking me .edu email address. !!!

ak74 said: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL said: This is why I love australia.edu

-AK74
I have applied several times to australia.edu and have never been approved. Others have almost instantly, but not me. I get my email approved but never hear anything more.

same problem as jimates.

Awesome, signed up

Sweet... thanks, op!

eterry2 said: same problem as jimates.maybe they don't like My Domain. Perhaps I should use a yahoo address or something.

Very nice OP.. I signed up and was able to change the shipping method for two items I purchased yesterday from FSS to 2-day

Awesome, worked for me! Thank OP!

NoMoneyInMyWallet said: sin94 said: My student email is still active....They didn't have student email when I went to college.

Dial-in with 300 baud acoustic couplers and DEC writers.

Old? I used paper tape and punch cards and we liked it!

If you guys want to get this good offer, then get a free educational email account.
Go to this link: http://mail.australia.edu/userhome/login/ and get Australia.edu account for free. Good luck

My .edu address didn't work:

Please use a current .edu e-mail address. Alumni addresses are not eligible.

Skipping 381 Messages...
show only 6months for me?????

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014