• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I had some private requests as to how to handle Lowes & get deals on appliances there, so I thought I would share. Usually Lowes puts out their Scratch & Dent merchandise in the morning, right about 8:00 AM in your local time zones. The hot days are Wednesday & Friday, Friday being the best day to clear out inventory. The store organizes it's backroom on the weekend, henceforth the friday thing. I usually strike up a general conversation with a rep and ask them what looks good today. They work there and should know what's up, normally.

Be mindful that you can talk to a manager & do even better off the price up 75% off or so on one item I got. The back of the one fridge I purchased had a big dent, so the manager agreed and took 75% off. There was also a rebate at the time which knocked it down another $100 & a government rebate of $50 so I ended up saving even more. I promptly place that fridge into the slot and it's unnoticeable now . You need to magnify the existing problem to the staff and let them know how much it bothers you (even if it doesn't). Obviously your strength is the willingness to buy now if there is a deal there is how you need to come across, they want to clear that stock out if possible (henceforth the price deal).

Free next day delivery runs until the end of July as well.

Store locator

up to $400 Whirlpool appliance rebate

up to $400 Visa credit Samsung kitchen appliance rebate

Active duty and retired military personnel and their immediate families get 10% off every day.
Offer available for all active, reserve, retired and medically discharged military personnel and their immediate families.
Must show valid military ID or VIC card at the time of purchase. Offer is good for the purchase of any in-stock or Special Order merchandise only up to $5000 (maximum discount $500).

Government rebates for enegy star / more efficient appliances

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
The only thing is that it is official Lowes policy not to deliver scratch and dent appliances, not even if you pay them.... (more)

DrBlofeld (Nov. 20, 2010 @ 1:23p) |

Deal still ongoing.

polishdreamer (Dec. 25, 2010 @ 4:02p) |

Sweet.

polishdreamer (Dec. 26, 2010 @ 8:18a) |

Many or most stores will not let you use the 10% Barcoded coupons on this kind of clearance item. It will not scan, manager override will be required, manager will call Appliance manager, and they usually reject the use.

If you go to a post office and fill out a movers form, you'll get a coupon for 10% any Home Depot purchase which Lowes will accept. They send the coupon to whatever the new address is, so pick a old address and love yourself (it's free to do).I have even used those at Expo clearance section when they were open (manager override).

If you play your cards right, you can almost get a free appliance or darn close with all the rebates / government stuff. I ended paying ~$140 for a $1,000 MSRP fridge, even though I didn't stress that in the main deal. $140 for a $1,000 Fridge is plasma hot, so play your cards right and check out all the rebates beforing deciding on a fridge. Goodluck!!!
  • Also categorized in:


Thanks for sharing this awesome info! I need a new freezer :-D

ezwrighter said: Thanks for sharing this awesome info! I need a new freezer :-D

Cool, goodluck with it and let us know how it goes.

So when I tried to shop my local store this popped:

You have attempted to execute an action which our server has flagged as malicious. Your request will not be completed at this time. Please contact our service representatives and we will be glad to resolve this issue.

Click on the 'GO BACK' button to return to the previous page.

The link was direct from their site. I have to laugh.

I like PD's approach on this. My washer sometimes wont spin and I could buy a new one preemptively at a good deal but my current may last for a long time. I would need to have one ASAP if mine went out so a local deal method on this is welcomed.

DamnoIT said: I like PD's approach on this. My washer sometimes wont spin and I could buy a new one preemptively at a good deal but my current may last for a long time. I would need to have one ASAP if mine went out so a local deal method on this is welcomed.

I feel it's the local thing that helps you in a pinch. If caught at the right time they deliver the next day for free, which obviously in a huge ASAP plus without financial punishment for quick delivery.

Does wall air conditioning count as an appliance?

mmarcuse said: Does wall air conditioning count as an appliance?

LOL, how do you dent a air conditioner??

polishdreamer said: mmarcuse said: Does wall air conditioning count as an appliance?

LOL, how do you dent a air conditioner??


With a hammer from the Lowe's tools department?

mmarcuse said: polishdreamer said: mmarcuse said: Does wall air conditioning count as an appliance?

LOL, how do you dent a air conditioner??


With a hammer from the Lowe's tools department?


Hmmm..., find a appliance you really like and use the stores own tools against them. It's deviant, evil and malicious. Great idea

While the possibility of getting cheap functional S&D appliance is apparent thanks to OP, the two mfr rebates have a few terms which limit their usefulness:
- the Whirlpool rebates are awarded if you buy a minimum of 2 appliances from the list. So it seems that you need to be lucky to have at least TWO qualifying Whirlpool products with scratches/dents in order for the rebate to kick in.
- the Samsung rebate is tiered in purchase amounts, the lowest tier ($100 Visa card) starts at $2000. So it would seem that in order for it to work, the S&D price has to be at least $2K after the S&D discount in order to qualify for the $100 Visa rebate card.

I could be wrong, but that's how I see it now. Feel free to complete or correct.
And yes, I am looking for a new dishwasher.

Thanks for breaking down the rebates. How does the government one work exactly, I can't remember?

g10ny said: While the possibility of getting cheap functional S&D appliance is apparent thanks to OP, the two mfr rebates have a few terms which limit their usefulness:
- the Whirlpool rebates are awarded if you buy a minimum of 2 appliances from the list. So it seems that you need to be lucky to have at least TWO qualifying Whirlpool products with scratches/dents in order for the rebate to kick in.
- the Samsung rebate is tiered in purchase amounts, the lowest tier ($100 Visa card) starts at $2000. So it would seem that in order for it to work, the S&D price has to be at least $2K after the S&D discount in order to qualify for the $100 Visa rebate card.

I could be wrong, but that's how I see it now. Feel free to complete or correct.
And yes, I am looking for a new dishwasher.

My husband is Active Duty Navy, and Lowes will NOT give us the 10% off if the item is on sale, clearance or has been reduced- no exceptions. Tried many, many times and we got shot down repeatedly. We are in Oklahoma. I have tried 5 different Lowes around town, and they all respond the same. Many times the sales/clearance price is lower than the discount.
Still like hitting their clearance shelves!

polishdreamer said: Thanks for breaking down the rebates. How does the government one work exactly, I can't remember?

Not sure how they work, the best bet is to look for them and their rules here.

saseboy said: My husband is Active Duty Navy, and Lowes will NOT give us the 10% off if the item is on sale, clearance or has been reduced- no exceptions. Tried many, many times and we got shot down repeatedly. We are in Oklahoma. I have tried 5 different Lowes around town, and they all respond the same. Many times the sales/clearance price is lower than the discount.
Still like hitting their clearance shelves!


Have you tried at only one store?? I found the local store here is game for anything. You can even use the 10% off Home Depot coupons as well. That's a YMMV as well obviously.

I saw a great deal last time I was at Lowe's on a washer/dryer set. Unfortunately it was a gas dryer and I need electric. They were dented and scratched but I could care less.

0AfterRebates said: I saw a great deal last time I was at Lowe's on a washer/dryer set. Unfortunately it was a gas dryer and I need electric. They were dented and scratched but I could care less.

Yeah, that would kick in that Whirlpool rebate by buying 2. That can happen and work pretty well!!

g10ny said: polishdreamer said: Thanks for breaking down the rebates. How does the government one work exactly, I can't remember?

Not sure how they work, the best bet is to look for them and their rules here.


Well if you get a chance, please look into it. TIA.

saseboy said: My husband is Active Duty Navy, and Lowes will NOT give us the 10% off if the item is on sale, clearance or has been reduced- no exceptions. Tried many, many times and we got shot down repeatedly. We are in Oklahoma. I have tried 5 different Lowes around town, and they all respond the same. Many times the sales/clearance price is lower than the discount.
Still like hitting their clearance shelves!


It's best to check another store.

g10ny said: While the possibility of getting cheap functional S&D appliance is apparent thanks to OP, the two mfr rebates have a few terms which limit their usefulness:
- the Whirlpool rebates are awarded if you buy a minimum of 2 appliances from the list. So it seems that you need to be lucky to have at least TWO qualifying Whirlpool products with scratches/dents in order for the rebate to kick in.
- the Samsung rebate is tiered in purchase amounts, the lowest tier ($100 Visa card) starts at $2000. So it would seem that in order for it to work, the S&D price has to be at least $2K after the S&D discount in order to qualify for the $100 Visa rebate card.

I could be wrong, but that's how I see it now. Feel free to complete or correct.
And yes, I am looking for a new dishwasher.


Stop by tomorrow for your dishwashwer.

polishdreamer said: ...Be mindful that you can talk to a manager & do even better off the price up 75% off or so on one item I got...
Good luck with that, the most I've ever been able to get them to knock off the already discounted s&d price is 10%. They even delivered an item dented once and they would only take off 10% of purchase price. I made them bring me a new one and take away the s&d one. You'd think it'd be worth it to them to take off more $ to get me to keep the dented appliance instead of set up exchange and delivery of new one but nope!!!

ChewManFu said: polishdreamer said: ...Be mindful that you can talk to a manager & do even better off the price up 75% off or so on one item I got...
Good luck with that, the most I've ever been able to get them to knock off the already discounted s&d price is 10%. They even delivered an item dented once and they would only take off 10% of purchase price. I made them bring me a new one and take away the s&d one. You'd think it'd be worth it to them to take off more $ to get me to keep the dented appliance instead of set up exchange and delivery of new one but nope!!!


Like I said, it's YMMV. I live in Naples FL so things are different here in many ways. The people are generally much older / nastier here and just being nice to be people gets you pretty far. Just reading your attitude on your writing, your going in with a fairly closed mind. I'd rethink your approach and plan on succeeding, otherwise you'll fail before you start.

Different stores have different S&D schedules. In checking with my local Lowe's, for example, they only place S&Ds out once a week - always on Thursday around noon.

BostonFan said: Different stores have different S&D schedules. In checking with my local Lowe's, for example, they only place S&Ds out once a week - always on Thursday around noon.

Cool, well then everyone needs to call their local stores to confirm. Then again, the staff you talked to may lie and buy things up to resell for themselves.

Tomorrow the big day at most stores, goodluck to all!!

Someone should chime in here and say it appears there's no warranty offered on these units. If someone can find a policy that states otherwise, I'd be interested to read it.

hellmutt said: Someone should chime in here and say it appears there's no warranty offered on these units. If someone can find a policy that states otherwise, I'd be interested to read it.

How is buying a new machine that has a dent void the mechanics ?? They lower these because of cosmetics, scratch and dent. If it's mechanically flawed, it has a warranty that starts the day you buy it.

Do you know if the Scratch and Dent appliances that you purchase on clearance are still covered by the Manufacturer warranty?

Thanks.

Well, I woudln't normally question this logic, except my friend is currently getting the run around on this exact topic. Bought a scratch-and-dent fridge from Loews and when it didn't work, they wouldn't honor the warranty to go fix it.

I work for Lowe's and most of this information is useless. It is not a corporate policy to clear out back stock on a particular day, so no one day will be better for finding S&D deals. These items are moved to the sales floor as they are discovered after checking for credit from our vendors. We get full credit on lots of S&D items so they go back to the manufacturer. As for manufacturer rebates, 10% discounts and government rebates, there is little to no chance that any of these will work. Military, energy star or any other 10% discount, including employee discounts will not work on unlocked hand marked S&D prices. Rebates also require a copy of the receipt and since lowering the price a certain amount on any appliance will change to wording on the receipt to "AS IS" the manufacturer is likely to deny the rebate. Your best bet is to speak to a manager. You will get different prices from different managers, so ask other managers, just not on the same day because you will get shot down if they see or hear of this.

Excellent post. Thanks for sharing.

You worked at one store & know how it works for all right?? The manager part is the only part that you have pegged, it all starts / ends with that.

gandbsdad said: I work for Lowe's and most of this information is useless. It is not a corporate policy to clear out back stock on a particular day, so no one day will be better for finding S&D deals. These items are moved to the sales floor as they are discovered after checking for credit from our vendors. We get full credit on lots of S&D items so they go back to the manufacturer. As for manufacturer rebates, 10% discounts and government rebates, there is little to no chance that any of these will work. Military, energy star or any other 10% discount, including employee discounts will not work on unlocked hand marked S&D prices. Rebates also require a copy of the receipt and since lowering the price a certain amount on any appliance will change to wording on the receipt to "AS IS" the manufacturer is likely to deny the rebate. Your best bet is to speak to a manager. You will get different prices from different managers, so ask other managers, just not on the same day because you will get shot down if they see or hear of this.

polishdreamer said: hellmutt said: Someone should chime in here and say it appears there's no warranty offered on these units. If someone can find a policy that states otherwise, I'd be interested to read it.

How is buying a new machine that has a dent void the mechanics ?? They lower these because of cosmetics, scratch and dent. If it's mechanically flawed, it has a warranty that starts the day you buy it.

S&D is considered "B-stock" read warranty info carefully. Most manufacturers don't warranty B-stock, and your Lowes is probably aware of that hence the 75% off. While other Lowes send s&d back (according to gandbsdad) knowing the b-stock policy and deem upset customers unacceptable. Now if your receipt makes no mention of the s&d, or as-is condition, then your probably golden and don't have to worry. I know in my case they offered to refund 10% without changing receipt/purchase date.

I've used 10% off mover's coupons on S&D appliances and clearance power tools, but I would assume it's YMMV depending on cashier/manager.

Also, my receipts say nothing about the appliances being AS-IS, so I would assume they carry the manu's warranty.

saseboy said: My husband is Active Duty Navy, and Lowes will NOT give us the 10% off if the item is on sale, clearance or has been reduced- no exceptions. Tried many, many times and we got shot down repeatedly. We are in Oklahoma. I have tried 5 different Lowes around town, and they all respond the same. Many times the sales/clearance price is lower than the discount.
Still like hitting their clearance shelves!


lots of seaports in oklahoma, huh?

scubasteve said: saseboy said: My husband is Active Duty Navy, and Lowes will NOT give us the 10% off if the item is on sale, clearance or has been reduced- no exceptions. Tried many, many times and we got shot down repeatedly. We are in Oklahoma. I have tried 5 different Lowes around town, and they all respond the same. Many times the sales/clearance price is lower than the discount.
Still like hitting their clearance shelves!


lots of seaports in oklahoma, huh?


The whole Navy sends ships through Oklahoma to get to Canada, it's a short cut. It's also funny to see people share their dream world / fantasy land of what they know.

The 10% movers thin is a lock all the time and everything you can get away with is YMmV, so get it handled.

robotprom said: I've used 10% off mover's coupons on S&D appliances and clearance power tools, but I would assume it's YMMV depending on cashier/manager.

Also, my receipts say nothing about the appliances being AS-IS, so I would assume they carry the manu's warranty.


It's all based on the manager as to what you get done.

Ever see a wine/beverage cooler on Deep Discount at Lowe's?

We had a refrigerator delivered from Lowe's. The delivery guys pointed out a very minor dent and offered us 10%/new appliance. We chose the 10% since we honestly would have barely noticed it if at all.

We had already received the 10% mover coupon discount, and I would have made them deliver a new fridge if we couldn't have both discounts. But we did get the extra 10% on top of the 10% mover discount and the 20% Whirlpool discount at the time.

The only annoying part is that I had to go back to the store and have everything rerung, which nobody told me. It was because I used a CC other than Lowe's. No one told me that; in fact, the delivery guys said, "Oh, you paid by CC? You will get a credit." I fortunately did check before the 7 day window was up. After 7 days, any problems are the manufacturer's responsibility, not Lowe's.

Nothing on my receipt says "as is," but I also didn't get 75% off.

Skipping 71 Messages...
jsoriano said:   We got a samsung frontload washer usually 699 with two dings on the very bottom by each corner for 349. Thanks OP
Sweet.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014