• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Thanks to dorlia2 @ SD

Comcast Xfinity Internet PERFORMANCE 15Mbps for $19.99/month for a year ($34.99 2nd year) Installation extra and contract for 12 months
No bundeling or hidden charges.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
It took a few calls and faxing the promotional flier, but in the end they honored my claim that I originally signed up f... (more)

gacobacov (Mar. 18, 2011 @ 1:52p) |

nice

anfernee06 (Mar. 22, 2011 @ 12:44p) |

Their promos are pretty good but I'm more for some of their features mainly the Fancast and iOS app for Mac products. It... (more)

neilmonee (Jun. 07, 2011 @ 2:09p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Too bad they have a 250 gb data cap. Good deal for those that don't have another option for broadband service.

Watch out for the "no extra fee" I sign up for the $20 internet with no extra fee and my bill been $43 consistenly for 5 months. Just cancel it a couple day ago.

tuan2 said: Watch out for the "no extra fee" I sign up for the $20 internet with no extra fee and my bill been $43 consistenly for 5 months. Just cancel it a couple day ago.

Because they are charging the wrong base price or there are extra charges or something else?

WattaDeal said: and contract for 12 months

Where does it say that there is any kind of contract?

I have Commie Cast. It's pretty much the only option here, no Fios available and no other cable. They have ok deals with a contract, but have hidden fees they don't talk about until after you sign up. The other problem is they treat you well as you buy more services, but you are SOL if you try to downgrade, then everything is full price. Eventually, you run out of packages to upgrade to, they get too expensive or you have no use for them, then you are SOL. My latest is phone, internet and TV. Not too bad even with all the taxes and fees, but there is nowhere to go after the 12 months. They don't have any reasonable regular rates on anything.

it's based on market...

where I am, they compete with fios, so no contracts with either one of them. Note that for the one saying he was paying 43 or so, there is a surcharge for 'naked cable' That is, you must pay about $15 fee. Or sub to limited basic cable for the same price. Modem fee is about $3 (or get your own) plus taxes (though it's not much).

I've been on promo after promo for over 10 years. Once a promo ends, I wait a month paying regular price, then call back to get on a promo. Either every 6 months or once a year. Currently on a $19.99 a month for 6 months, but might call them to extend it to a year.

Do you get Basic TV cable with Internet? I've tried and could not get any channel.

I canceled Comcast about 2 wks ago. When I had it, it was for $19.99 Internet only for 6 months. The price was not right when I first started, so the customer rep took care of it by giving me $60 credit upfront, then my monthly bill remained $29.99. I got lucky with that customer rep because he was the 4 or 5th one that I called. The others before just weren't helpful.

My bill was $29.99. No tax, fee, etc. (I've my own modem). I think tax can be charged in some states, but in MA, there's no tax. If you're getting fees, make sure it's because it's required (by your local gov't). Otherwise, you're letting Comcast rip you off.

This deal is only for existing cable customers who don't have internet service already. In some areas Comcast also has a deal where you get ultra 33 service and basic cable (in digital only markets that is about 25 channels), for around $42 a month, the normal rate for 12MB performance internet is $52.95, so for about ten bucks less you get DOCSIS 3.0 service and basic cable, of you don't care about the cable take the DTA box they give you and stick it in your closet.

Telling me this is not available in Chicago area. Anyone get a different result?

In California, they say it's only if you have existing phone + cable service .

Any one have success?

I just read the pdf file for the xfinity 19.99/12 mos. performance internet deal from dorlina at SD and has anybody in the S.F. Bay Area been successful in signing up for this deal?

the ad states that it's for new residential customers but, has anybody whose an existing customer been able to signup for the same deal?? HELP--my 19.99/12 mos./12Mbps deal from last year has run out this month in July and i just got the bill from comcastastic and they want to hit me up for $64.75/month ($59.75 cable internet + $5.00 modem rental)...this is ridic so any help or info. would be greatly appreciated...please post up here or shoot me a PM please. also are my chances better calling customer service, going through the online chat or actually going down to the customer service center in portrero hill?

thank you.

I think you can call your local comcast and try to negotiate.

spybld said: In California, they say it's only if you have existing phone + cable service .

Any one have success?

spybld said: In California, they say it's only if you have existing phone + cable service .

Any one have success?

they told me the same thing, and how it's for new customer only. But they did took $16 off so it's like $43. Still not great but since there's no contract I can leave anytime.

Any one have success?

how about triple play? my xfinity triple play promo period just expired and im paying almost $175 (without hbo)

Called 1 800 COMCAST and I was offered internet and voice for $49.99 a month for service here in the Bay Area. There's a $5/month fee for the modem, and about $5 in taxes each month. Do you think there might be other hidden fees that they haven't told me about? If so, what fees might those be?

Any one have success?

I'm in San Francisco. I was able to sign up for 12 months of performance internet service for $19.99 + $25 install fee today. I called (800) 945-2288, the Comcast number for the Bay Area. The first CSR only knew about the online offer of $19.99 for 6 months. When I mentioned the flyer, she transferred me to a second CSR who asked about flyer. I read the info on the flyer, but leaving out the part about $34.99 in months 13-24. I just said it was $19.99 for 12 months only. She did a little checking and said yes there's a 12 month only deal for $19.99, but the install fee was $50 because I only wanted internet. I thought that was too much and asked for her supervisor to reduce the install fee to $25 and got it. Maybe this info will help others in the Bay Area.

i tried about 5 times already being an existing comcast internet customer w/ a recent dead deal of $19.99/12mos./12Mbps/No contract but, cust. service & rentention depts. are refusing to extend or offer it's existing customers this most recent deal and only for new customers...best offer they ante up is $43.99/month for 12-15Mbps or go down to 1.5Mbps for few bucks cheaper. time to jump on the at&t elite or pro dsl deal...goodluck to those in S.F. Bay Area. btw: i would push them for free install that was part of my orig. deal as well.

$19 + $12 w/o cable $5 rent modem unlimited download around $37
There's no 250gb cap I DL about 1-4 TB a month even the reps will tell you there's no such cap I would know

braddudley said: There are sites out there that will compare the different promo rates in your area for you, such as, internet service providers in my area

Thanks, but don't spam your website here. Proof

ek303 said: $19 + $12 w/o cable $5 rent modem unlimited download around $37
There's no 250gb cap I DL about 1-4 TB a month even the reps will tell you there's no such cap I would know

Huh? Of course there is, and it's very well known (though 250GB is way more than enough for almost everyone). Try logging into your account some time, you'll see it. Are you even on Comcast?

Look, here's a screenshot for you:
http://i38.tinypic.com/r1k8w8.jpg

chiko88 said: spybld said: In California, they say it's only if you have existing phone + cable service .

Any one have success?

I'm in San Francisco. I was able to sign up for 12 months of performance internet service for $19.99 + $25 install fee today. I called (800) 945-2288, the Comcast number for the Bay Area. The first CSR only knew about the online offer of $19.99 for 6 months. When I mentioned the flyer, she transferred me to a second CSR who asked about flyer. I read the info on the flyer, but leaving out the part about $34.99 in months 13-24. I just said it was $19.99 for 12 months only. She did a little checking and said yes there's a 12 month only deal for $19.99, but the install fee was $50 because I only wanted internet. I thought that was too much and asked for her supervisor to reduce the install fee to $25 and got it. Maybe this info will help others in the Bay Area.

Do you have an offer number or a code name for the offer? All I see online is $19.99 for 6 months for customers who currently subscribe to Comcast Cable or Comcast Digital VoiceŽ service..

Took an hour with online Comcast chat but ultimately got $24.99/mo for 12mo adding internet to my cable TV account. Tried for $19.99/mo but my market is not very competitive for them so best I could do.

kickerstarter said: chiko88 said: spybld said: In California, they say it's only if you have existing phone + cable service .

Any one have success?

Do you have an offer number or a code name for the offer? All I see online is $19.99 for 6 months for customers who currently subscribe to Comcast Cable or Comcast Digital VoiceŽ service..

Ignore what's offered online. Just use the flyer from OP's post. There is no offer number or a code name. Just say you received a flyer from Comcast with the quoted deal. Leaving out the $34.99 in months 13-24 is up to you. But there is a 1 year only deal for $19.99/mo. If the first CSR doesn't know what you're talking about, ask to be transferred to someone who does. The flyer is real, the deal exists and they do have it in their system, but you have to push them on it. If you hit a dead end with one CSR, call again, always asking to be elevated to someone higher up who can help you. I only had to call once to get the deal, but others had to call multiple times before they got it.

rseiler said: ek303 said: $19 + $12 w/o cable $5 rent modem unlimited download around $37

Huh? Of course there is, and it's very well known (though 250GB is way more than enough for almost everyone). Try logging into your account some time, you'll see it. Are you even on Comcast?

Look, here's a screenshot for you:
http://i38.tinypic.com/r1k8w8.jpg

Yeah I'm a comcast cust. have been for years I've been kicked off then just go back the next day and start it again, i always cancel once the promo is up my WalMart always has the $19 deal, included picture is what I have DL ever since 2008
Comcast download stats

comcast suck big time w/their promos / switched to at&t

I'm in SF BAY AREA. I have Digital Starter and Performance Internet (12mb) for regular price. Can I get this promotion? If yes, which phone # and extension should I call? Do I also use the promtional code "EY"?

Thanks for any help.

They had a commercial for this on TV in Metro Atlanta last night.

So, I was told on the phone today that there is a promotion for both internet and voice for $39.99(plus 10 for taxes and modem) a month for 12 months, but the rep I talk to said it was not available in the Bay Area. Maybe I need to call again and ask another rep? Or, is there no chance they will do this offer in the Bay Area? Att phone and dsl elite is just under $50 here so you'd think that they could be competetive...

Comcast won't give me any deal since I'm existing customer with both Digital Starter and Performance Internet.

I'm ready to cancel my cable (Digital Starter). Should I just downgrade to limited cable since Performance Internet will cost more if no cable service? Will it be easier/cheaper for me to get a deal later if I cancel the cable completely or downgrade it?

SF Bay Area - Thanks to OP - totally got this deal - CSR was nice enough to even waive 50$ setup fee! neat!

Forgot to add - I only signed up for performance internet - don't have any other comcast service - no tv - nothing.

This did not work in the Seattle area--managed to get Blast (20Mbps) for 29.99 for 6 months. They also offered Performance (15Mbps) for 24.99 for 6 months.

Yes I got hooked up on Monday. (San Jose 95123)
No comcast ever before.
Xfinity performance internet ONLY 15Mbs (no cable or phone)
Called the number on the postcard.
You need a special forces rep only.
The guy at Bestbuy where I bought the modem $85 (saves $5/ month)could NOT do the deal.
$25 install (guy added new connectors on all wire ends, grounded the tap and tested the line) seem worth $25.
I get 21Mbs down and 4Mbps up (speedtest.net)
I just checked my bill 19.99 + 25 for first month. (no fees or taxes)

Yes I got hooked up on Monday. (San Jose 95123)
No comcast ever before.
Xfinity performance internet ONLY 15Mbs (no cable or phone)
Called the number on the postcard.
You need a special forces rep only.
The guy at Bestbuy where I bought the modem $85 (saves $5/ month)could NOT do the deal.
$25 install (guy added new connectors on all wire ends, grounded the tap and tested the line) seem worth $25.
I get 21Mbs down and 4Mbps up (speedtest.net)
I just checked my bill 19.99 + 25 for first month. (no fees or taxes)

What number do you call for the bay area?

BlueDart said: SF Bay Area - Thanks to OP - totally got this deal - CSR was nice enough to even waive 50$ setup fee! neat!

Forgot to add - I only signed up for performance internet - don't have any other comcast service - no tv - nothing.

FWIW, I called and was able to get it. The first lady I spoke to had never heard of the promo, and put me on hold to research it. I guess she must have given up on trying to figure it out, because she transferred me back to the queue and I got a new rep who had no idea what I was calling about. I explained the situation to her, and she seemed a lot more willing to help, even though she had never heard of it either. She asked me where I saw it - online, a flier in the mail (I told her I got the flier). She asked me to read the flier to her, then she asked if I could fax it to them. I told her couldn't fax it right away, but maybe in a little bit. She then said nevermind, she'll just talk to a supervisor. She put me on hold for a bit, then told me she'd have to call me back because she was still researching it. She called me back a little later with the good news that she could sign me up for it. I got the full 2 year rate guarantee (I guess my market is competitive enough - I live right outside NYC in NJ).

I'm a new customer to Comcast, and I had just ordered cable the prior week. On a side note, she said that Performance Internet was 12 down / 2 up, even though I thought it was supposed to be 15 down. Oh well, it's still a heck of a lot faster than the 1.5 down I was on before with DSL.

I live in Illinois and we signed up for the 12 month one that everyone is talking about. Well... I would advice not doing it. Everything was cool until we got our first bill. We were charged 130 something. So we called the first time to figure it out and the lady couldn't find the offer but reduced the bill to what it was supposed to be and said we'd get a call soon from her supervisor to finalize the change. No call. Well we figured it was changed. When we called comcast to pay the bill, the total magically jumped to 160 something. Now we've been on the phone for an hour and been transferred to 6 different people who have no idea what we're talking about.
Moral of story is that we're cancelling the service.

Do you still have the installation order? Your plan should be written on the installation order. If it does not say $19.99 for 12 months, you will be fighting an up hill battle.

Chances are, the rep you spoke to promised you an non-existing plan, just so you sign up so he can earn commission.

Skipping 66 Messages...
Their promos are pretty good but I'm more for some of their features mainly the Fancast and iOS app for Mac products. Its TV channels and VOD anywhere you where you have internet access which is really cool. They also have the fastest internet in my area. I have AT&T U-Verse available in my area and they do not have any speeds as fast as the xfinity performance internet package.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014