• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
There was a deal posted sometime ago Localphone Discussion

But it looks like there is even better deal exists. Anveo.com looks like very cool service and right now they offer local phone numbers for $0.99 month with 1200 free incoming minutes per month. The price is the same as Localphone's deal but feature wise Anveo beats any other provider out there including Google Voice.

I am well aware about Google Voice free number but before you say that GV kills the deal just compare GV features with Anveo Features! You can do amazing stuff with their Visual Call Flow tool. And for my small business GV was simply not enough.

P.S Those who need toll free it appears that 1.9 cent/min incoming rate is a good deal too, however I did not really needed toll free so I did not search much and a better toll free deal might be out there.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I used to take advantage of deals found by other members. Please rate my first post.

edit: Oh no, not RED! Red used to be my favorite color and now I HATE IT
When I was looking for the phone number for my tiny side business I did compare a lot of providers. And there is no way I can get so many features for my phone IVR at $0.99/month anywhere else.

Interesting, but awkward website, and some terms seem a bit shady.

"CALLS OUTSIDE OF AREA CODES POSTED ON THE SITE AND UNLESS COUNTRY RATE IS SET WILL BE CHARGED AT $3.00 USD PER MINUTE."

They also apply the "free" minutes on a daily basis. I'm assuming that means that the 1200 monthly minutes is really ~40 minutes per day, with 1.5 cents per minute after that. The $0.99/month is very cheap for a DID, but incoming minutes appear to be charged against the 40 minute/day limit, whereas many providers give you unlimited free inbound minutes (e.g. callcentric is $2.99/month free inbound).

Overall it does look pretty good for some users but do the math to see if your use is cheaper here or there.

Good to know about daily limit. I missed that. But I should be way below 40 minutes.
I've looked at Callcentric and unfortunately they are very specific with NO Business Use and NO IVR on $2.99 phone numbers. I did not find any business use restriction on Anveo.com.

Google Voice seems to offer more compelling features (for free) to a typical end user. Maybe an OK proposition for a business, but at that point the per-minute charge would start kicking in (average business will need more than 40 minutes).

GV is also free for features they charge for (eg: recording phone calls).

good try op, keep digging...

Fly by night phone services isn't really attractive when you need consistent business number and service.

Fly by night phone services tend to either resell or offer "canned" features by putting together a bunch of open source software like Asterisk and it is good to be cautious these days. If you look at their stuff you will know that it is unique and can not be done without some serious investment. So I do not worry here much.

Edit: delzy, thanks for your post. It made me double check their policy if I can port my phone number to another provider if needed and it looks like it can be done at any time without paying any fees.

nexistor said: Fly by night phone services tend to either resell or offer "canned" features by putting together a bunch of open source software like Asterisk and it is good to be cautious these days. If you look at their stuff you will know that it is unique and can not be done without some serious investment. So I do not worry here much.

Edit: Delzy, thanks for your post. It made me check their policy if I can port my phone number to another provider and it looks like I can do it at any time without paying any fees.
I guess this isn't the place to drum up business for your new venture. Go try at creditboards - if you offer to report a positive tradeline on their credit report, they'll all join up , I'm sure.

BTW, try porting that number when the whole operation is completely shut down.

KTHX4SPAM, spammer

Thanks OP. But I really like GV and there is no compelling reason to switch to something unknown. I at least know GV has been tested enough. It is free too which is a good thing.

Wow really love my google voice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!Just hope it does not stop being free.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014