• 124252627 28
  • Page
  • Text Only
Just got the best ATT customer service person. Lowered my DSL bill to $21.50 for elite and also lowered my phone bill $6. Took 10 mins total.

ok im not going to hide. I got that 50% off yesterday which is $19/month.

For existing customers that CAN'T get a rep to adjust the rates. DSLExtreme which resale ATT DSL service offers the same rates but since it's consider a different provider, don't have to worry about the "only for new customers" issue.

DSL Extreme is offering me 1.5 mbs $22.83 3.0mbs $ 27.83 or 6mbs 32.83 They also require an active phone line w\through AT&T. That will be a no go for me... Service is in OK

AT&T is migrating Oklahoma City to uverse.

I had been unsuccessfull extending or getting an additional discount for the last 4 months and was told any changes would result in a required uverse change. I checked rates for the switch to uverse but they required a $100 purchase for the modem.

A couple days ago I received a letter stating AT&T would change me over within 45 days to uverse. I called the number to see if I could get a better deal. They gave me free install (self install or assisted), free $100 uverse modem and reduced rate for 1 year.

I have the 6mb down for $30/mo and took the same 6mb with uverse for $19.95/mo for 12 months. They offered 12mb for $24.95/mo for 12 months. 6mb is good for me, even 3 works fine, but I thought I would wait 6-9 months then try to upgrade to the 12mb/24.95 for an additional 12 months.

byroncard said:   Just got the best ATT customer service person. Lowered my DSL bill to $21.50 for elite and also lowered my phone bill $6. Took 10 mins total.

How did you manage to get phone for just $6? My rate just went back up, so I need to call in again to see if I can get a discount.
I've always been able to get the DSL cheaper, but they haven't budged on the phone. Paying over $25 for the landline wihtout long distance, and I need a hard wired landline so VOIP is out the question.

They just agreed to give me 1.5Mbps for 50% off for a year. that lowered my bill to $18 a month. I just told the retention CSR that I was going to see if my mobile provider could do better on pricing or speed. I have been a AT&T dry loop customer for 3 years.

Just got them to agree to give me another 50% off Elite for 6 more months on my Dry Loop Service - $24/mo- (CA - ATT Cust Srvc# (800) 288-2020)

I was initially going to cancel and go with DSL Extreme (which would use the same ATT lines + my existing modem) however, after getting an email response from DSL Extreme they told me that they DO NOT provide Dry Loop service and require an active phone line (???) also, they have a $2.88/mo service fee in add'n to the $19.95/mo Elite service bill.
That info killed the deal for me.

Like so many other posters it seems to be hit and miss with whomever u get in the retention dept at ATT. Some won't budge on what they offer and others will.
I've had pretty good luck in the past by being polite and not defensive with them.

This time the guy told me that he could not do back to back 50% off/ 6 month offers - but when I pleasantly stated that my cable company & dsl extreme were trying to lure me away for $19.95/mo (he would not match that - new customers only blah blah blah) then if he'd be kind enough to extend the $24/month to me for 6mos then I'd stay with ATT.
He said he'd have to check with a Mgr for approval (I think that may be the key here).
I thanked him and after a brief moment on hold he came back on and said he got approval. YMMV

Sure wish I could figure out how to get $14.95 or $18/mo for Elite for 12 months *DRY LOOP* like some of you are getting!
If anyone has any inside info on getting those rates please share with the rest of us.

Does anyone know what are difference between Qwest
and ATT home internet service? Thanks for your help

Austin, TX - Called retention and got the 6 month, 50% off deal for dry-loop Pro. Works out to $21.50/mo. No contract, but I'll have to call again in 6 months.

I wish each and every person who gets a "deal" from AT&T actually has AT&T honor the deal. AT&T is high on the list of worst customer service ever. Unfortunately they are the only ISP service available in my small neighborhood. I have had their dry loop 6mb dsl for over a year (although it rarely, if ever, delivers 6mbs). Got it on a "promo" deal that never "promo'd" until 5 months into the service because I called them repeatedly demanding that they honor it. At first they denied I had any "promo", then they said that yes I had a "promo" but that "somehow" it had not been properly applied to my account. Finally they applied it. Then a couple of months later the "promo" disappeared and they jacked my rate back up. Again repeated calls, and again the "promo" rate was applied, and again it jacked back up a couple of months later. You can call them 10 times and speak with 10 CSR's, and get 10 different answers to any given question. Completely maddening.

For gits and shiggles, I just punched in my address at their get DSL website and it tells me that DSL is unavailable at my address. Yep, AT&T is top notch.

ubervisionlogic said:   I wish each and every person who gets a "deal" from AT&T actually has AT&T honor the deal. AT&T is high on the list of worst customer service ever. Unfortunately they are the only ISP service available in my small neighborhood. I have had their dry loop 6mb dsl for over a year (although it rarely, if ever, delivers 6mbs). Got it on a "promo" deal that never "promo'd" until 5 months into the service because I called them repeatedly demanding that they honor it. At first they denied I had any "promo", then they said that yes I had a "promo" but that "somehow" it had not been properly applied to my account. Finally they applied it. Then a couple of months later the "promo" disappeared and they jacked my rate back up. Again repeated calls, and again the "promo" rate was applied, and again it jacked back up a couple of months later. You can call them 10 times and speak with 10 CSR's, and get 10 different answers to any given question. Completely maddening.

For gits and shiggles, I just punched in my address at their get DSL website and it tells me that DSL is unavailable at my address. Yep, AT&T is top notch.
WOW! I see you have been a member almost 3 years yet your first post addresses what has been a thorn in their side for many. Anyway, welcome to FW

I've bounced from $14.95 to $19.95 and back for several years now. Inevitably the 12-month period ends and I'm suddenly hit with a $30+ bill and I have to call ATT. Like others have said. It depends on who you reach. I've had someone adjust it and throw in some sizable credits on the first call. Other times I thought I might actually have to follow through on my threat to leave (and I think Reno only has ATT and Charter for broadband). But if you stand firm, tout length of service, that you still have a landline (if, of course, applicable) and maybe drop your actually usage totals (if you're not streaming HD movies or something, eventually you will succeed. Just have the new customer page open and mention the rates currently being offered ($14.95 and $19.95). Mine just ended this month and on my first go-around (with an excellent rep BTW) she couldn't change my now $38 plan back to $14.95, but she did credit me the entire amount this month and said to compile my info and call back for a retention rep.

ubervisionlogic said:   I wish each and every person who gets a "deal" from AT&T actually has AT&T honor the deal. AT&T is high on the list of worst customer service ever. Unfortunately they are the only ISP service available in my small neighborhood. I have had their dry loop 6mb dsl for over a year (although it rarely, if ever, delivers 6mbs). Got it on a "promo" deal that never "promo'd" until 5 months into the service because I called them repeatedly demanding that they honor it. At first they denied I had any "promo", then they said that yes I had a "promo" but that "somehow" it had not been properly applied to my account. Finally they applied it. Then a couple of months later the "promo" disappeared and they jacked my rate back up. Again repeated calls, and again the "promo" rate was applied, and again it jacked back up a couple of months later. You can call them 10 times and speak with 10 CSR's, and get 10 different answers to any given question. Completely maddening.

I had the same issue on my original sign-up. Took 4 calls over 3 months but they did eventually credit everything I was due. AT&T service is terrible, but persistence pays off.

I just got AT&T 24Mbps Uverse internet for 12 months, free equipment and install waived!! 39.95 a month (no crazy bundle necessary! Does this rock or what?)

Donna at the AT&T Jacksonville store was able to price match Saveology's offer, bundle free! She also confirmed she can do this in any state. Her number is 904-612-0480

here's a link to the Saveology promotion I mentioned to pricematch http://www.buyatt.com/u-verse-internet.aspx

AT&T regular pricing http://www.att.com/shop/internet.html#fbid=GtKHqLiXYk3

Pagedown said:   I just got AT&T 24Mbps Uverse internet for 12 months, free equipment and install waived!! 39.95 a month (no crazy bundle necessary! Does this rock or what?)

Donna at the AT&T Jacksonville store was able to price match Saveology's offer, bundle free! She also confirmed she can do this in any state. Her number is 904-612-0480

here's a link to the Saveology promotion I mentioned to pricematch http://www.buyatt.com/u-verse-internet.aspx

AT&T regular pricing http://www.att.com/shop/internet.html#fbid=GtKHqLiXYk3
I could be wrong here but thinking I smell a shill

I do not have land line with them, can I still get the promotion?

got $19.95 Elite for 1 year no contact in CA (SF Bay Area)

just asked if there is anything can be done to lower my bill and they did... thanks ATT!

Which number did you call? And how much did you pay before that?

ShyriK said:   got $19.95 Elite for 1 year no contact in CA (SF Bay Area)

just asked if there is anything can be done to lower my bill and they did... thanks ATT!

ELLL said:   Which number did you call? And how much did you pay before that?

ShyriK said:   got $19.95 Elite for 1 year no contact in CA (SF Bay Area)

the one from front page... was on special rate for 6 months 25.00 it just expired so called to get it lowered

guitar! byron got phone bill lower BY $6-not FOR $6.
shoot if it is the case, i want the agent, badge# to help
my dad get it. he's a retiree who rarely uses the net.
but good to have regardless.

Got a letter from AT&T that they offer to change me to U-verse, with free new equipment, possibly faster speed and lower price. I need to call 1-877-377-1686.

I called and rep explained DSL is my neighborhood is slow, so AT&T offered to switch me to U-verse. As part of the change, they will send me the modem for free, will upgrade my line from 1.5M to 3.0M, the price goes from $22 to $14.95. How can I saw no to that. So, I agreed!

Btw, I am in SF Bay Area. Another option is 6.0M at $19.99. And you might need home phone service to qualify for that price. Good luck!

I like Optimum Online, $29.95 no tax and I get 2.6 MegaBytes per second or a little over 20 Mbps. ATT has all these fees, surcharge, and tax.

lifeisgood9311 said:   I like Optimum Online, $29.95 no tax and I get 2.6 MegaBytes per second or a little over 20 Mbps. ATT has all these fees, surcharge, and tax.

Lucky for you to have that option. Here we only have AT&T and Comcast.

After being rope-a-doped by AT&T for 3 years I finally switched to Netzero DSL. It worked out to be about the same price, and I think they're just reselling AT&T's lines, but at least I don't have to deal with AT&T directly anymore. They sent me a new modem, but my old modem works just fine (I just had to change the username and password.) I've only had it a month or 2, but so far so good.

It may be something to consider:

http://register.netzero.net/

Called about a month back to find out what new rate special I could get. After talking to a couple different people and explaining that I was a long time customer (10 years), they offered me a permanent rate of $28 for their 3 Mbps Pro package.... same price as NetZero's 3 Mbps Pro pack.

I wanted them to price match DSL Extreme, but they wouldn't. On the bright side, no more having to call back every year to discuss a new rate.

Hi, How is the Netzero DSL performance? I also read that you need a landline in order to get the NetZero DSL. What would happen if you cancel the landline after you got the Netzero DSL? Do you happen to know?

Also, Netzero charges a $29.95 activation fee, plus a $2.95 monthly surcharge. Do you know if you want to upgrade Netzero 1.5Mbps to 3.0Mbps, do you have to pay another activation fee?

Thanks.
fxm87 said:   After being rope-a-doped by AT&T for 3 years I finally switched to Netzero DSL. It worked out to be about the same price, and I think they're just reselling AT&T's lines, but at least I don't have to deal with AT&T directly anymore. They sent me a new modem, but my old modem works just fine (I just had to change the username and password.) I've only had it a month or 2, but so far so good.

It may be something to consider:

http://register.netzero.net/

usernamemax20charact said:   they offered me a permanent rate of $28 for their 3 Mbps Pro package....

It's actually a permanent $10 discount. The regular rate can still change. I was just offered that but did not take it. Got $21.50 Elite for 6 months instead.

Got the same offers as c3. Accepted the 21.50 rate. FYI, I have dry loop.

My Elite DSL at $19.95is ending middle of month with ATT. Called in and was disappointed with a offer of $31.00/month for Elite even tho I have a landline. Looking for other options.

ATT bumped up my promo old DSL dry loop rate to an unacceptable price I am ready to go. They want me to go with Uverse (pushing those bundles that I don't want ) . I am in an area (a suburb of Atlanta,GA) that is served by Charter Cable and AT&T . Which is lesser of the two evils (considering price and bandwidth limits ) ? Any other options ? -Thanks

Depends on what is your need. AT&T has a 250GB limit per month and Charter doesn't. How fast of the speed do you need?

Any speed over 6 mbps ok . I just don't want to get hammered with bandwidth and other fees .(installation,taxes,modem)

tgif777 said:   Depends on what is your need. AT&T has a 250GB limit per month and Charter doesn't. How fast of the speed do you need?

bamx2 said:   ATT bumped up my promo old DSL dry loop rate to an unacceptable price I am ready to go. They want me to go with Uninverse (pushing those bundles that I don't want ) . I am in an area (a suburb of Atlanta,GA) that is served by Charter Cable and AT&T . Which is lesser of the two evils (considering price and bandwidth limits ) ? Any other options ? -ThanksI'm in a simular boat. My Charter $19.99 promo expired and jumped to $47.99. Called to get another promo but they had nothing to offer. CS was happily ready to cancel when I suggested I was going to have to look into other options. They know what ATT has to offer i'm guessing so are not budging. I went from ATT dryloop to Charter 13 months ago and with ATT pushing U-verse etc would stay with Charter at a fair price but having no luck.

The same is happening in my area. Got 12mb for $24.95/mo for 12 months. Since I was paying $21.45 for a 3mb, I was happy to accept the new offer.

cybert19 said:   AT&T is migrating Oklahoma City to uverse.

I had been unsuccessfull extending or getting an additional discount for the last 4 months and was told any changes would result in a required uverse change. I checked rates for the switch to uverse but they required a $100 purchase for the modem.

A couple days ago I received a letter stating AT&T would change me over within 45 days to uverse. I called the number to see if I could get a better deal. They gave me free install (self install or assisted), free $100 uverse modem and reduced rate for 1 year.

I have the 6mb down for $30/mo and took the same 6mb with uverse for $19.95/mo for 12 months. They offered 12mb for $24.95/mo for 12 months. 6mb is good for me, even 3 works fine, but I thought I would wait 6-9 months then try to upgrade to the 12mb/24.95 for an additional 12 months.

Wow, what a great deal. I'm paying like $55 a month on internet. I wonder if I can get this from my city.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014