• 1 234528
  • Page
  • Text Only
Oops

FastAccess® DSL Direct 3.0
• $14.95 per month for a full 12 months (new DSL customers only)
Cannot be combined with Cable Switch offer

green for you op. switched from cable. hoping to get $100 rebate.

couple of questions: anyone know where to get a cheap compatable modem, as the modems are not free after rebate for internet-only customers? also, how is the quality of at&t for running voip/ooma? lastly, roughly what are the taxes/fees like when ordering the internet only? When I had the phone service with them years ago, they used to have a list up the kazoo of BS taxes and fees adding like $10 a month, do they do this to internet only customers too?
Thanks in advance.

will call tomorrow

hammer45 said: josh555 said: hammer45 said: Here's a better link to Dry Loop Service:
AT&T DRY LOOP

Do you see $14.95 across the board or $19.95 for Elite and $14.95 for the rest? Your link shows same pricing now for DSL w/ home phone service as well as without.

I see DSL Direct (or Dry Loop) all the way across. $19.95 for Dry Loop Elite (6MBPs) and $14.95 for the rest.

Huh! That's kind of reversed if I understand you correctly. Usually DSL w/ home phone service gets better offer than w/o (dry loop/direct).

I know...$19.99 for 6MBP service dry-loop is a KILLER deal. No term committment, etc.

OP, I am seeing that the promotion DOES include Elite for non phone service contracts even for the $100 rebate. Did you mean Express and did you mean Express does not qualify for rebate? Please clarify.

Ok if I sign up, for the triple, thanks OP, great find, and thanks for posting. I do not wish to pay for HD, and what about a modem, anyway around these, had to mess with rebates, guess I need receiver though, someone care to give up a hint.
thanks

I have just the Phone line and Uverse internet connection ( no TV ).. I want to switch to the DSL Direct Elite $19.95 option.... anyone in same boat as me ?

I just had a "live chat" with an AT&T Rep I currently have AT&T DSL and wanted the new price. She said I would have to call tomorrow (Mon) to get an adjustment. Here is their number and hours: 888-321-2375 operation hours Monday - Friday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm EST Saturday: Closed Sunday: Closed

In for the Pro dry loop, waited for it for a while. Green to OP!

min4u2 said: OP, I am seeing that the promotion DOES include Elite for non phone service contracts even for the $100 rebate. Did you mean Express and did you mean Express does not qualify for rebate? Please clarify.

I don't think the $100 cable switch promo can be stacked with the discounted plans...

mnsweeps said: I have just the Phone line and Uverse internet connection ( no TV ).. I want to switch to the DSL Direct Elite $19.95 option.... anyone in same boat as me ?
We have their phone and basic DSL (768Kbps). Will call Monday to see if AT&T will let us switch from paying $15 for 768Kbps to $19.95 for 6Mbps.

>>> I just had a "live chat" with an AT&T Rep I currently have AT&T DSL and wanted the new price. She said I would have to call tomorrow (Mon) to get an adjustment. Here is their number and hours: 888-321-2375 operation hours Monday - Friday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm EST Saturday: Closed Sunday: Closed

It will be interesting so see what kind of adjustment you get tomorrow, attitude or otherwise...

snowbound66 said: min4u2 said: OP, I am seeing that the promotion DOES include Elite for non phone service contracts even for the $100 rebate. Did you mean Express and did you mean Express does not qualify for rebate? Please clarify.

I don't think the $100 cable switch promo can be stacked with the discounted plans...

The $100 promo shows up with the dry-loop $19.99 plan. It's definitely listed on there at checkout. Brings it down to ~$10 / month for 6MPB service for the year. That's HOT

Ordered the direct DSL 6.0, even I still have regular DSL now. Interesting thing is my regular DSL's maximum speed is only 1.5Mbps, while the direct DSL can be 6.0Mbps. Will call tomorrow to cancel my regular DSL that is $17.95/month.

pcdigger said: Ordered the direct DSL 6.0, even I still have regular DSL now. Interesting thing is my regular DSL's maximum speed is only 1.5Mbps, while the direct DSL can be 6.0Mbps. Will call tomorrow to cancel my regular DSL that is $17.95/month.
Is your old DSL with AT&T?

I spent an hour on the live chat and then on the phone with AT&T rep. They couldn't find my address in their database. I have a cell phone account with them and they send me a bill every month to the same address they can't locate. Do I really want to let these yahoos back into my home life? They said they would call me on Monday and let me know what the deal is with my address. Probably can at least use this promotion to get a better discount from the cable company, Brighthouse.

josh555 said: pcdigger said: Ordered the direct DSL 6.0, even I still have regular DSL now. Interesting thing is my regular DSL's maximum speed is only 1.5Mbps, while the direct DSL can be 6.0Mbps. Will call tomorrow to cancel my regular DSL that is $17.95/month.
Is your old DSL with AT&T?
Yes. Not sure how they do this. But I will disable the landline anyway because I have ooma now.

Aghhh...Have Charter cable and signed up for $49.99 per month promo, they are screwing my saying my promo is $64.99 per month so this is a killer deal, but there is no phone jack in my home office.

I'm with Comcast 6/1.5 now for $29.99/mo. This is 6/768k for $19.99...someone tell me I need to switch. I can't imagine my upload speed is going to affect my streaming Netflix, etc.

hammer45 said: I'm with Comcast 6/1.5 now for $29.99/mo. This is 6/768k for $19.99...someone tell me I need to switch. I can't imagine my upload speed is going to affect my streaming Netflix, etc.Were you always able to get 1.5Mbps upload? I heard cable service is shared by your neighbors.

pcdigger said: hammer45 said: I'm with Comcast 6/1.5 now for $29.99/mo. This is 6/768k for $19.99...someone tell me I need to switch. I can't imagine my upload speed is going to affect my streaming Netflix, etc.Were you always able to get 1.5Mbps upload? I heard cable service is shared by your neighbors.

Yeah I've always had 1.5 up. no issues.

yeah, can not get the $100 cable switch, and have to pay $75 for the modem is a deal breaker for me.

snowbound66 said: Oops

FastAccess® DSL Direct 3.0
• $14.95 per month for a full 12 months (new DSL customers only)
Cannot be combined with Cable Switch offer

The $100 promo shows up with the dry-loop $19.99 plan. It's definitely listed on there at checkout. Brings it down to ~$10 / month for 6MPB service for the year. That's HOT

Is the $100 cable switch rebate good for $19.99 plan only??

I'm with DSLExtreme currently which use ATT phone circuit. Can I still use the current modem if I switch over?

With Comcast you getting solid 6mb or even higher. With DSL elite 6mb plan most likely you won’t get anything higher than 5mb. In my area people getting 4.2-4.8 mb.

Looks like for Direct DSL the modem costs you $62.05, plus s&h, if you don't have one.

crazypalooza said: green for you op. switched from cable. hoping to get $100 rebate.

couple of questions: anyone know where to get a cheap compatable modem, as the modems are not free after rebate for internet-only customers? also, how is the quality of at&t for running voip/ooma? lastly, roughly what are the taxes/fees like when ordering the internet only? When I had the phone service with them years ago, they used to have a list up the kazoo of BS taxes and fees adding like $10 a month, do they do this to internet only customers too?
Thanks in advance.

Similar question. $75 for a modem seems a bit pricey. Any other cheap modems that will work?

chumso said: I'm with DSLExtreme currently which use ATT phone circuit. Can I still use the current modem if I switch over?

I am with DSL Extreme, too. DSL Extreme is renting me their modem for free and when I quit I have to return the modem to them within 30 days. Are you on some other plan in which they allow you to keep the modem? Under my DSL Extreme plan if I keep the modem they will charge me close to $100.

snowbound66 said:

No, you can not get it with $19.95. AT&T websites are inconsistent. I couldn't go through the checkout steps with the link from OP. When I called, I was told a different story.

GeorgiaBulldawg said: george2001 said: Looks like it's for new subscribers. It won't let me update my existing DSL accoung online with this offer. I'll need to call customer support tomorrow to see if I can get this deal.

Customer service is open today. Can you call them today.

Customer service is closed on Sundays. Both online and through ATT internet chat I have been told customer service phone is only open M-Sat.

So there is no way to get the $100 cable switch promo...?

anon888 said: snowbound66 said:

No, you can not get it with $19.95. AT&T websites are inconsistent. I couldn't go through the checkout steps with the link from OP. When I called, I was told a different story.

mnsweeps said: I have just the Phone line and Uverse internet connection ( no TV ).. I want to switch to the DSL Direct Elite $19.95 option.... anyone in same boat as me ?If your on ADSL2+, you're probably good, if they're allowing rerates. If you're on VDSL (i.e., you could get TV), then probably not; but, it won't hurt to call and ask.

I'm a current customer too. Will call tomorrow to see if I can get the lower rate.

snowbound66 said: I don't think the $100 cable switch promo can be stacked with the discounted plans...In the past, these have not stacked. However, you could also sign-up at the non-promotional, month-to-month rate with the cable switch rebate, and then call retentions to get a rerate afterward.

If they don't stack, and you're willing to take a chance on it, that's an option.

snowbound66 said:
Appeared so (2nd link in OP shows that).

hammer45 said: pcdigger said: hammer45 said: I'm with Comcast 6/1.5 now for $29.99/mo. This is 6/768k for $19.99...someone tell me I need to switch. I can't imagine my upload speed is going to affect my streaming Netflix, etc.Were you always able to get 1.5Mbps upload? I heard cable service is shared by your neighbors.

Yeah I've always had 1.5 up. no issues.
In general, the problem with cable isn't bandwidth; it's lag.

DOCSIS keeps increasing the speed limit, but not the number of lanes....

chumso said: I'm with DSLExtreme currently which use ATT phone circuit. Can I still use the current modem if I switch over?Probably, but keep in mind that there will likely have to be a down time between the two services. In most cases, an AT&T DSL order cannot go through until the previous ISP releases the line; then you have to wait for the order to be executed on their side.

KRUZNBY said: Similar question. $75 for a modem seems a bit pricey. Any other cheap modems that will work?Any ADSL modem of recent vintage should work. Just keep in mind that AT&T doesn't have to support it.

You can often find modems on eBay and Craigslist.

okay OP you saved me more $35 /month really ... TWC would not budge and would not give me any promotion after my initial promotion. I signed up for Dry-Loop for $19.95 a month. Activation date is Aug 6th. I hope things would go smooth with this change.

I have used ATT Internet service in the past and I was satisfied, again the only reason for switch was the rates ... LOL ... awesome buddy thank you so much.

I noticed I can even claim the $100 rebate for switching from cable... this is really a killing deal, if it holds up...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014