• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Master Forge
Disclaimer
Master Forge Four-Burner Split-Lid Gas Grill

Saw this at the Austin TX B&M. Nice looking grill, sturdy and made with thick metal. Has a split lid and built-in thermometer on the main lid. Smaller split is a sear burner, and there's an additional side burner on the right shelf.
Lowes online product page for this item shows a price of $299, so this may be a regional deal.

What do you all think of this grill? Posts for other brands of grills have brought up issues of rust. I can't tell what grade of steel this is made of.

Specs:
Four-Burner Split-Lid Gas Grill
* Total BTU's: 60000
* 1 x 13000 BTU Sear Burner
* 11000BTU Side Burner
* Porcelain Coated Steel Fire Box
* Side Shelf included
* 2.5" Stainless steel Temp. Gauge.
* 2.5" Casters ( two locking)
* One tool box
* Side shelf handle
* Condiment Boxes attached to the side shelves
* Bottle opener
* Total Cooking Area: 703 Sq. In.
* LP gas regulator with 15" hose
* Natural Gas Conversion Kit Sold Seperately-Lowe's item number 50772
* 3 x 12000 BTU Stainless Steel Tube Burners
* Electronic Ignition System
* Double Wall Hood
* Full Enclosed Cabinet
* Main Cooking Area 535 sq. in.
* Matt Procelain Coated Iron Cooking Grate
* Porcelain Coated Steel Warming Shelf 168 sq. in.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Cool, found the posts in another thread about how to prolong the life of a grill. Thanks Marlin1975 & ProppaT!

I have this grill and it is awesome! Wish I'd gotten it for this price, but I needed it at the beginning of the season and it never went on sale. If you check out the reviews/ratings on the Lowe's website, you'll see this has a solid 4.8 out of 5 stars with over 30 reviews.

This was my first gas grill and assembly took some time but was not overly difficult...just lots of steps. Parts WERE labeled correctly, despite one reviewer saying they were not. I have not had to replace the igniter battery or the sear burner screen like the latest reviewer on the Lowe's site. I've also not had trouble with the the lid or with rust/fading, but I also keep it covered, though I've grilled in the rain a couple times.

More thoughts:
--It runs very hot on the highest setting (heats 0 to over 400 degrees in a couple minutes), but the burners give nice control and cooking is even.

--Sear burner is a cool feature, but it does take away some normal cooking space. I rarely cook for more than 2 or 4, so it's not a problem for me.

--Love the heavy duty iron cooking grates, plus they leave nice grill marks.

--Very attractive grill; nothing like it on the market.

--Have not used the side burner yet, but I did light it up and it seemed to have nice heat control.

--I have the rotissery which is a nice accessory.

I really have nothing bad to say about this grill.

Have to ask - are there any Coupons or other Promotions from Loews that might sweeten the deal ? Now or soon ?

Same price ($229)in 4 NJ stores I have been in. If you use Lowe's credit you can get 6 months interest free financing or try the U.S. Postal Service moving coupon for 10% off, if they allow you to use it on clearance items. It's a dang purdy grill.

Our local Lowe's (Rockford, IL) had this one in stock but at $299. I did find another Master Forge one for $229 (was $379.99). I picked it up last night and will be assembling it today (using the above referenced tip on prolonging the life).

Master Forge 6-Burner Grill at Lowe's

FYI, the site calls it a 6-burner, which it is (including the side burner and infrared rotisserie) but in the store and on the box it's referred to as 4-burner.

Matt, what NJ stores are you shopping? I'm in Philadelphia and would gladly travel to NJ to get this grill for $229. I've been watching it for months waiting for the price to drop!

Thanks!
-Josh

In my area, Shreveport LA, the grill comes up 299.99. I pulled out my handy iphone and showed the dude this thread and he asked a manager about price matching the Austin price and he said no problem. These grills are actually the 2011 models. So I got the grill for 229 plus for 39.99 I got the 3 year plan insurance plan. They explained that 9 times out of 10 they usually replace the entire grill if somethng breaks, this is a one time thing. Also there is some sort of promotion about bringing in an empty propane tank they give you one refill free with the purchase. Out the door 292.10 for me.

perfection
Disclaimer

my new baby
Disclaimer
So I went into my local store (northeast Philadelphia) and the manager, Juan, was happy to price match the grill down to $229 for me! I picked up a few extras while I was in there, came home, threw it together in under an hour, and fired 'er up. I had an old propane bottle that I was able to exchange for free because Lowes is running a free bottle exchange with $99 or higher grill purchase promotion. I coated the grates in veggie oil and turned 'er on high. It's pretty windy today, but I was still able to get the temperature to just over 600 degrees. I let it go for about 20 minutes to burn off any stray debris and "temper" the cast iron grates, let it cool down a little, and threw on some brats and steaks. EXCELLENT. The sear burner worked perfectly (about a minute each side, burner on high) then I transferred the steaks to the grill side (burners set to low) and gave it a few more minutes each side. They came out perfect! I'm very happy with this grill!

Sweet! Makes me want to pick mine up and put it together my self.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014