• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
You may have seen many Meritline deals posted here, within the Hot Deals forum. Well to save wear-and-tear on your mouse ... all you have to do is click on the link below to see ALL of Meritline's Daily Deals ... all at one time, all in one thread.

Please click here: http://www.meritline.com/dailydeals.aspx

I guaranty ... it's better than a sharp stick-in-the-eye, any day!

Meritline.com
Need a Meritline.com coupon that earns 3.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
you alone 1lossir are the sourgrapes MVP. Congrats!

MISTERCHEAP (Aug. 22, 2010 @ 4:52p) |

This may be a good time to implement my master thread of master threads. It will be the epitome of efficiency as everyth... (more)

mistadeal (Aug. 22, 2010 @ 5:38p) |

Okay, it appears that this thread has been decimated and become useless. I'm not going to de-clutter it. I'm going to ... (more)

VBMcGB (Aug. 23, 2010 @ 2:23a) |

Daily Deals and Active Count Down Deals:

1 PackDual Car Adapter Black (post)
Coupon Code :MLCK262371082033NL1
Daily Deal limit 1000 uses
Regular Price: $2.95 Final Price: $0.99 Shipped
Starts : 8/20/2010 10:18:56 AM (PST)

Upcoming Deals (please look at start date and times (PST):

Expired Deals:

Garlic Peeler Random Color (post)
Coupon code:MLCK4008490822HPL1
Regular Price:$1.99
Final Price:$0.29 Shipped
Count Down Deal Limit 100
Starts: 8/20/2010 8:58PM (PST)

AAA AA Battery Case Holder - Hold Four Pieces Batteries Random Color
Coupon code:MLCK4014680821HPL1
Regular Price:$1.55
Count Down Deal Limit 800
Starts: 8/20/2010 4:30AM (PST)

FAQ:

All times are by Pacific Standard Time (PST)

DD = Daily Deals (price usually last a day, or until sold out or number of coupons are redeemed)
CDD = Count Down Deal (price starts at a certain time and ends within 2-12 hours of start time or until sold out or number of coupons are redeemed)

You are only allowed one coupon coded item per order per account so if you want more you have to place multiple individual orders.

To view deal rating please click on (post) next to the name of product in this Quick Summary.

To see all Daily Deals please click here.

To see all Count Down Deals please click here.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

DUDSTER said: You may have seen many Meritline deals posted here, within the Hot Deals forum. Well to save wear-and-tear on your mouse ... all you have to do is click on the link below to see ALL of Meritline's Daily Deals ... all at one time, all in one thread.

I personally will not be using this to post any Meritline deals. nice in concept, but won't work in reality with the way the Meritline deals are rolled out and work, and way, way, way too cluttered. Did I mention way too cluttered?

MISTERCHEAP said: DUDSTER said: You may have seen many Meritline deals posted here, within the Hot Deals forum. Well to save wear-and-tear on your mouse ... all you have to do is click on the link below to see ALL of Meritline's Daily Deals ... all at one time, all in one thread.

I personally will not be using this to post any Meritline deals. nice in concept, but won't work in reality with the way the Meritline deals are rolled out and work, and way, way, way too cluttered. Did I mention way too cluttered?

YES, you did mention "too cluttered". That is the whole POINT of this thread. Thank you for pointing out the flaming obvious! The HD forums is becomming overly cluttered with Meritline INDIVIDUAL "deals".

I am so disappointed you feel this way. The concept will work ... if you click on the link. The "reality" is that this forum (IMHO) is getting cluttered with individual Meritline deals ... when all we need is a single thread ... a single link.

BTW, thanks for the red.

Tried Before, But Thanks

LINK

Just not for me....

Wow. What a blow to MISURICK, too. No more being one of the most "posted" anymore.

DUDSTER said: MISTERCHEAP said: DUDSTER said: You may have seen many Meritline deals posted here, within the Hot Deals forum. Well to save wear-and-tear on your mouse ... all you have to do is click on the link below to see ALL of Meritline's Daily Deals ... all at one time, all in one thread.

YES, you did mention "too cluttered". That is the whole POINT of this thread. Thank you for pointing out the flaming obvious! The HD forums is becomming overly cluttered with Meritline INDIVIDUAL "deals".

I am so disappointed you feel this way. The concept will work ... if you click on the link. The "reality" is that this forum (IMHO) is getting cluttered with individual Meritline deals ... when all we need is a single thread ... a single link.

BTW, thanks for the red.

1) Meritline deals work like this: An item with a special price, with a coupon code that has a sales limit of 200 pieces, 500 pieces, etc. Each item coupon's code needs to copy/pasted and used at the link. There is discussion/questions about each item. Each item goes "dead" at a different time and moved to expired since one item can sell out in 2 hours/another in 2 days.

2) The concept WILL NOT work because there are too many items all coming/going at different times and you can't follow the progress of 13 different items at once in one single thread. Not to mention, there is the issue with knowing what the best Meritline deals are (or not). There would be no "green" system for each sale.

3) Like I said, the concept is great, it's the execution that's poor. Maybe the solution is a sub hotdeals forum for Meritline with all the individual deals listed so the greater hot deals forum is not cluttered. I realize having 13 active threads for Meritline is a pain, but it's the less of the evils. I'd rather have 13 threads that are useful to people in making buying decisions/finding deals than one thread which squelches that process and is itself a cluttered mess that makes little or no sense as to whats dead/available/a good deal, etc.

4) I gave you RED because by making this thread you in effect have further cluttered up/confused the whole Meritline process since some people will post in here and some will not. As I mentioned, I will not post here and I gave your red for the additional clutter thread, that's all. Nothing personal DUDSTER. You can red me if you like, no hard feelings.

And by the way, I really thank MISURICK for many posts from the Meritline I would miss.

dudster you made 7 threads since 2002 - way to go this is the best! green!

will you maintain it?

patryk said: And by the way, I really thank MISURICK for many posts from the Meritline I would miss.

no you will not - cause dudster doesn't listen / and explaining why it doesn't work was a waste of time he isn't going to maintain the thread

btw - I made (by a suggestion of someone!) the first thread / MC made one more / both didn't stick! now we have dudster who posts each other year!

never mind

I like the individual threads better too. A lot of times I like comments on the worthiness of the item and other general discussion. I can't help but imagine trying to discuss a product when many are involved in one thread.

That is the problem with the so called Official Master Threads 98% of the OP's Do not maintain there post 365 days a year.

MISTERCHEAP said: I personally will not be using this to post any Meritline deals. nice in concept, but won't work in reality with the way the Meritline deals are rolled out and work, and way, way, way too cluttered. Did I mention way too cluttered?I don't think it would be any worse than something like the tracfone coupon thread, and that's fine IMO. Just post up the deals in the quick summary and if someone can't get a coupon to work then they can delete the deal.

Thanks Dudster for doing this. I have been visiting HD lately just because it is literally spammed with Meritline deals. They are great deals - no doubt, but they hold such deals daily, and we end up with 10+ posts everyday.

I use the dailydeals.aspx page everyday, but it did not occur to post a consolidated thread with this link like you did. I gave you green!

lyeinyoureye said: MISTERCHEAP said: I personally will not be using this to post any Meritline deals. nice in concept, but won't work in reality with the way the Meritline deals are rolled out and work, and way, way, way too cluttered. Did I mention way too cluttered?I don't think it would be any worse than something like the tracfone coupon thread, and that's fine IMO. Just post up the deals in the quick summary and if someone can't get a coupon to work then they can delete the deal.

Where does it stop ? Consolidated Amazon deal Thread. I think not....

Butcherboy said: lyeinyoureye said: MISTERCHEAP said: I personally will not be using this to post any Meritline deals. nice in concept, but won't work in reality with the way the Meritline deals are rolled out and work, and way, way, way too cluttered. Did I mention way too cluttered?I don't think it would be any worse than something like the tracfone coupon thread, and that's fine IMO. Just post up the deals in the quick summary and if someone can't get a coupon to work then they can delete the deal.

Where does it stop ? Consolidated Amazon deal Thread. I think not....

agree BB. Why not just have one huge thread called "Every Hot Deal Consolidated HERE".

walletLess said: and we end up with 10+ posts everyday. Q]

I Have No Problem With MISURICK Posting Meritline Deals 10+ Posts Everyday .

As much as I think consolidation is a good thing I have to agree with the so far majority. I for example have been interested in 1 out of every 100 Meritline deals posted and if I had to scroll through 99 deals from them in one thread to find 1 good deal I probably wouldn't check the thread much if ever again. It is easier for me to scan through the first few pages of threads than to scan through a thread itself.

Butcherboy said: lyeinyoureye said: MISTERCHEAP said: I personally will not be using this to post any Meritline deals. nice in concept, but won't work in reality with the way the Meritline deals are rolled out and work, and way, way, way too cluttered. Did I mention way too cluttered?I don't think it would be any worse than something like the tracfone coupon thread, and that's fine IMO. Just post up the deals in the quick summary and if someone can't get a coupon to work then they can delete the deal. Where does it stop ? Consolidated Amazon deal Thread. I think not....If there were a lot of similar/single category posts by the same person within a few short time periods, sure. That's the difference between the meritline posts and amazon posts.

it's even automated. no more cut and paste cpn code.

only bad thing abt this is no individual discussion. that is important for me. only way to learn what it does. if it's worth it. if it works, peoples personal experience wont be added. a biggie for some.

I personally agree with one consolidated thread for Meritline. Most of the Meritline "deals" save you $0.5-$3. We really don't need 10 new threads everyday.

phxaz05 said: I personally agree with one consolidated thread for Meritline. Most of the Meritline "deals" save you $0.5-$3. We really don't need 10 new threads everyday.

it's far more than that. not only is the item "on special", it often has free shipping when it normally does not. I should also point out that the Meritline item is often FAR less than anywhere else you could get it online. So while any given deal may be $2 less than the normal Meritline price, that is a huge percentage off on a $4 item!

i still want the individual threads as they come in my email subscriptions every 3 hours. that comes to my phone. i read it. it looks good i get on my lappy asap.

Just sign up for Meritline's emails & you can get a complete list of sale stuff in your Email.

I agree with MC. The $5 windshield iPhone mount would be $20+ by Belkin/iGriffin/etc. And it wasn't even on sale.

The 79 cent cig lighter to USB plug is about $15 by Scoche at Target or Amazon.

how about instead of a master thread Fatwallet staff create a daily deals category where these individual deals from daily deal sites can be posted instead of cluttering the hot deals category? just my $.02 info411man out

Good discussion, but keep it on topic for the deals. I think we've heard the points.

There are pros and cons with a master thread when it comes to Meritline and similar sites. It's really up to us to come up with a solution that doesn't obscure deals while keeping HD from becoming a wasteland of "one dollar blinky headband calculator $3.00 shipped" posts.

sc0rpio said: I agree with MC. The $5 windshield iPhone widshield mount would be $20+ by Belkin/iGriffin/etc. And it wasn't even on sale.

The 79 cent cig lighter to USB plug is about $15 by Scoche at Target or Amazon.

You can get all these items cheaper (with free shipping) on eBay. IMO, Meritline simply acts as "middleman" and gets all items from china and sells those at higher cost (through these "deals").

Also, who shops for these little items at local stores???

Case in point

I have been asked from 1 or 2 FW members in the past to have a consolidated 1 Sale a day, Woot ,Shnoop & Amazon Gold Box Etc. Thread . ( it won't happen )

If I did consolidated Todays 1 Sale A Day Deal "Seagate FreeAgent DockStar Network Adapter" With 4000+ Views And 62 Replies.
It would never be seen by most members. No discussion and No Replies by most members. Most members will miss out on the deal.
Link

If you want a Consolidated Daily Deal Thread Just sign up for Meritline's emails & you can get a complete list of sale stuff in your Email. ( Thank You handyguy )

Consolidated threads suck unless they're for one particular type of item or subject of interest. Otherwise, unless you open the Meritline thread, Staples thread, Office Depot thread, Target thread, etc., etc., you'll never see anything that you might be interested in. It's really not that difficult to quickly scan the list. I zoom by lots of threads that I'm not interested in. A few more/less either way's not a big deal.

The problem is the free-form title structure rather than structured fields.
Would lead to lets more information and lots less quibbling about what the title indicated.
Title should have format of things like retailer, item/ad, price, FAR B&M/on-line, YMMV
A post could be a copy of a circular or could be an item in the circular.
Multiple items in a circular worth highlighting should be made easy to enter repeating fields that remain constant and editing others.
For example, one could post a copy/link to retailer A-B-C. One could also have separate posts for various key items in the circular.
Searches and alerts could be configured based on one's choice of fields, i.e. item type from specified vendors.

MISTERCHEAP said: DUDSTER said: MISTERCHEAP said: DUDSTER said: You may have seen many Meritline deals posted here, within the Hot Deals forum. Well to save wear-and-tear on your mouse ... all you have to do is click on the link below to see ALL of Meritline's Daily Deals ... all at one time, all in one thread.

BTW, thanks for the red.

1) Meritline deals work like this: An item with a special price, with a coupon code that has a sales limit of 200 pieces, 500 pieces, etc. Each item coupon's code needs to copy/pasted and used at the link. There is discussion/questions about each item. Each item goes "dead" at a different time and moved to expired since one item can sell out in 2 hours/another in 2 days.

2) The concept WILL NOT work because there are too many items all coming/going at different times and you can't follow the progress of 13 different items at once in one single thread. Not to mention, there is the issue with knowing what the best Meritline deals are (or not). There would be no "green" system for each sale.

3) Like I said, the concept is great, it's the execution that's poor. Maybe the solution is a sub hotdeals forum for Meritline with all the individual deals listed so the greater hot deals forum is not cluttered. I realize having 13 active threads for Meritline is a pain, but it's the less of the evils. I'd rather have 13 threads that are useful to people in making buying decisions/finding deals than one thread which squelches that process and is itself a cluttered mess that makes little or no sense as to whats dead/available/a good deal, etc.

4) I gave you RED because by making this thread you in effect have further cluttered up/confused the whole Meritline process since some people will post in here and some will not. As I mentioned, I will not post here and I gave your red for the additional clutter thread, that's all. Nothing personal DUDSTER. You can red me if you like, no hard feelings.
This is what I suggested before, a sub category.

Staples, Office Depot, Targert etc are not the same as Meritline. Those retailers have mostly weekly deals, not daily, and the good ones get attention from individual posts. Meritline may have as many deals in one day as those retailers have in a week and it seems they all get posted, whether they are good deals or not. A sub category with individual posts for each "hot deal" is the only way it would work.

But I would welcome a sub category for Staples. That would make it easier to follow the threads that are posted prior to the sale dates. A deal gets posted 2 weeks in advance and a great discussion about it. Then after several hundred other hot deal posts, the sale actually starts and someone posts about it and the thread gets locked with a link to the original. Too many deals go unnoticed because of them being posted too early and the thread gets buried behind hundreds of other expired hot deals.

Fellow Meritline addicts, please entertain my crazy thoughts!

I suggest that each hot Meritline deal will get it's own post within the thread AND in the Quick Summary, which will link to their respective post. I will provide an example of what I'm suggesting below in the Quick Summary so please check that and let me know what you think! We can discuss standardization and formatting if enough people like this idea. Nothing will go in the OP except for maybe an FAQ of how the rolling thread will work. Everything will be driven by the Quick Summary and help from members like you!

MISTERCHEAP said: 1) Meritline deals work like this: An item with a special price, with a coupon code that has a sales limit of 200 pieces, 500 pieces, etc. Each item coupon's code needs to copy/pasted and used at the link. There is discussion/questions about each item. Each item goes "dead" at a different time and moved to expired since one item can sell out in 2 hours/another in 2 days.I agree this makes things tricky because some deals last different intervals, but they rarely last more than 2 days max. Because of this, there is usually little to no discussion except for the really hot deals, which are just a handful. And even then, majority of the responses are just "thanks" or "N 4 1!" or "good deal" or "the coupon doesn't work!".

2) The concept WILL NOT work because there are too many items all coming/going at different times and you can't follow the progress of 13 different items at once in one single thread.Again, unless this changes in the future, there is little meaningful activity/discussion in most Meritline threads except for the handful of really hot deals. Once the coupon/deal is expired, anybody can update the Quick Summary (QS) to reflect this...possibly move to the "expired deals" within the QS. That way, you don't need to depend on the OP to update. And you don't have to ask people to flag "expired" like I see in many of the individual Meritline threads. Anybody can do it.

Not to mention, there is the issue with knowing what the best Meritline deals are (or not). There would be no "green" system for each sale.Solution for this is to green the deal post within the Meritline deals thread which you think is a good deal. The quick summary will also have a link to the poster's deal post within the thread where you can see the hotness of the deal. Too bad you can't see the green meters of individual posts in the QS so this is my suggestion for now. So for example, MISURICK (or any other poster) instead of creating an individual thread for each deal, he'll make separate posts for each deal within the thread and also will post the links to his posts in the QS.

3) Like I said, the concept is great, it's the execution that's poor. Maybe the solution is a sub hotdeals forum for Meritline with all the individual deals listed so the greater hot deals forum is not cluttered. I realize having 13 active threads for Meritline is a pain, but it's the less of the evils. I'd rather have 13 threads that are useful to people in making buying decisions/finding deals than one thread which squelches that process and is itself a cluttered mess that makes little or no sense as to whats dead/available/a good deal, etc.Yes, I would love a Meritline subforum! That is the best possible solution of all. If we could get that implemented I would be stoked! Are you reading this mods? Until that happens, we can use this thread for the time being.

Butcherboy said: That is the problem with the so called Official Master Threads 98% of the OP's Do not maintain there post 365 days a year.
I liked MISURICK's rolling thread and thought it was a shame it was abandoned. If you're worried DUDSTER will not maintain, let's resurrect MISURICK's thread in hopes he will do a better job than DUDSTER. Heck, you, Mr. C and him posts all the deals individually anyway so why not instead do them all in one thread? It takes a lot less effort to do that than start individual threads. And again, if all the deals go into the QS, then should you guys get busy and not update, hopefully others will pick up the slack (myself included) in maintaining the QS.

I think it's worth a try, and with multiple members contributing (versus the onus on the lone OP), it should be easier to maintain. If it fails miserably then hopefully it wouldn't have been too big of time wasted when spread across work of many members. If that makes any sense! I dunno, this is all in theory of course.

Netropy said: Consolidated threads suck unless they're for one particular type of item or subject of interest. Otherwise, unless you open the Meritline thread, Staples thread, Office Depot thread, Target thread, etc., etc., you'll never see anything that you might be interested in. It's really not that difficult to quickly scan the list. I zoom by lots of threads that I'm not interested in. A few more/less either way's not a big deal.I think this is similar to discussions about the Office Depot Clearance, Staples Clearance and Target Clearance threads. I personally like them a lot and the automated part is cool when it's working. But I think this Meritline deals thread will be a different beast (in a good way) because...

A) It's not YMMV. You're not driving around to different locations with different pricing/stock/etc. You just sit on your ass and click! You know exactly the price you will pay, exactly what time. The only x-factor is when it sells out. Which brings me to my next point.

B) These deals last waaayyyy shorter than those clearance items and other hot deals in general.

C) Many of these deals RECYCLE pretty often, so missing out on the deal isn't huge like other deals. That's why there is little discussion because people know it will eventually come around again pretty soon, although not necessarily at the exact price, but pretty close. Which brings up another good point...

D) It will be A LOT easier to search for previous discussion AND price points of products if they're all in one thread. I know these deals are already pretty damn cheap, but if you're a cheap bastard like me, you want to get it for as cheap as possible. So seeing previous price points in helpful in making a decision on whether to jump in or wait for a cheaper price. Instead of searching across several forums (hot deals, expired, etc.) and getting mixed results, you just do a simple thread search which will yield much more accurate results.

It's true what you say though, unless you open the Meritline thread, you won't know of the possible deals. I like to think though that once you get in on one deal, you will be hooked and will check the thread religiously! If the Quick Summary is well maintained, you can just quickly browse through there for all the current deals and will not have to scan the whole thread.

Garlic Peeler Random Color
Coupon code:MLCK4008490822HPL1
Regular Price:$1.99
Count Down Deal Limit 100
Starts: 8/20/2010 8:58PM (PST)

Butcherboy said: Case in point

I have been asked from 1 or 2 FW members in the past to have a consolidated 1 Sale a day, Woot ,Shnoop & Amazon Gold Box Etc. Thread . ( it won't happen )

If I did consolidated Todays 1 Sale A Day Deal "Seagate FreeAgent DockStar Network Adapter" With 4000+ Views And 62 Replies.
It would never be seen by most members. No discussion and No Replies by most members. Most members will miss out on the deal.
Link

If you want a Consolidated Daily Deal Thread Just sign up for Meritline's emails & you can get a complete list of sale stuff in your Email. ( Thank You handyguy )
Well, the hot deals posts on 1SAD are a lot fewer compared to Meritline posts. I think because of the coupon limits and shortness of the Meritline deals, this consolidated thread will work.

Netropy said: Consolidated threads suck unless they're for one particular type of item or subject of interest. Otherwise, unless you open the Meritline thread, Staples thread, Office Depot thread, Target thread, etc., etc., you'll never see anything that you might be interested in. It's really not that difficult to quickly scan the list. I zoom by lots of threads that I'm not interested in. A few more/less either way's not a big deal.

...except of buy.con which supposed to be deleted automatically inside of their thread as soon as those two posted it; come on, let misurik to post whatever he wants, the guy has plenty of time on his hands and a big ego

DUDSTER said: Well to save wear-and-tear on your brains
Fixed.

Skipping 46 Messages...
Okay, it appears that this thread has been decimated and become useless. I'm not going to de-clutter it. I'm going to lock it.

This conversation has the possibility of being interesting (provided it remains civil and topic-oriented). Would someone please create a discussion thread in DD to continue this discussion. We can begin the conversation again over there.

Meanwhile, Dudster, would you please create another thread like this here in HD that will be strictly reserved for Meritline material.

If anyone has questions, feel free to PM me.

Edit/Update: It looks like we already have a rolling Meritline thread here. We can use that one in place of this.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014