• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Big Lots has a great sale for a very nice Mattress set.

Bellemont Pillow top Mattress

Spring count is 530+- and it has very nice materials.

Queen $359 incl Mattress & Box Spring.
for $10 more you can get a split box Spring. A great deal.

You can get a queen for as little as $199 for the set, but this is a real nice set.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks Jax. I'm looking to put a set in my cabin. Think it will work OK for that? Seems like a good price.

UBOK said: Thanks Jax. I'm looking to put a set in my cabin. Think it will work OK for that? Seems like a good price. If you think that your occasional use will trump a nicely stuffed pillowtop, then you could get cheaper and still be good, unless you use cabin more often or prefer more luxury. I've done some shopping, which you really cant do on mattresses, but know that this set beat (filling amount/firmness, kneeling into springs)the other stores that were selling in that price range. I believe this set also has a 10yr warranty, vs a 5 yr that some others had, (good to gauge quality). I got 2 sets.

Looks like the sale starts on Saturday. I am definetly going to pick one up, seems to be a great price compared to what the other stores are selling.

FYI, looks like Big Lots previously offered the same Serta Bellemont Queen mattress in March 2010 for $299.99, but that was apparently without the foundation.

Big Lots Twitter posting

Since this deal includes a standard queen boxspring for only $60.00 additional, it is definitely a good deal (so long as you in fact need a boxspring). Thanks, OP!

How would the cheaper models hold up for my 3yr old? Cant imagine he needs a pillowtop but I dont want to mess him up for life.

Thanks OP! In for the Courtland. BTW the sales associate said the Bellemont only had a 1 year warranty. The Courtland had a higher coil count for just $20 more.

Just picked up the Bellemont. Was debating with the Courtland also, but chose the Bellemont instead. Feels great,I just hope that it does not start sagging within a year!

Looked today, here's the lineup for queen beds (at the store i looked at):
Danford $470
Belmont $350
Courtland $370
Boulevard $270

Ad at the store didn't have the Belmont, but it was at that store, so YMMV. The "deal" was +$10 for the matching foundation. So basically $280 for the Boulevard, plus delivery if you get that & tax. Woman there told me they run this about 2/year - she at least thought it was a great deal & it was generating some traffic at that store today, esp on the twins (which I wasn't looking at). Ad did have an "Arrington Queen Set" for $199, but darn if I saw that there.

Is the Danford worth the extra money?

I think the Danford is worth the extra money. The Danford is a "Perfect Sleeper". It has many more coils, edge suppport, better quilt, ...

If you don't like pillow tops. The Courtland seems to be the best buy.

remember in many states its legal to sell used mattresses

thanks op in for a queen set

Not sure why they removed this prominently from the website. Here is the overview of the mattresses. I hadn't posted it because it was on the site for all to see. It is my understanding that the Bellemont is a newer mattress and that is why it is not listed. Notice the Consumer best rated emblems. I dont recall from what site that is from but well known.

Overview

I went to the store to check out the Bellemont yesterday as well, but decided not to get it as it only has 1 yr warrenty.

niniss said: I went to the store to check out the Bellemont yesterday as well, but decided not to get it as it only has 1 yr warrenty.

I looked at the tag on my bellemont set (w92) and looked the the warranty book and it is a 5yr warranty. It is a full non prorated warranty, so full replacement/repair for 5 yr. I dont know of anyone who ever used a warranty for mattress and obviously a mfq builds to last beyond warranty.

One reason I like the Bellemont was that it has a more durable cover. The Courtland, i think it was, had a cotton type cover that would easily get dirty or less likely to easily clean.

I looked at the tag also, its definetely a 5 year warranty as mentioned (W92). Seems like a great mattress, I actually look forward to going to sleep now!

Got one, today was last day for the sale.

The mattress sale is back again!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014