• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Prestone has a $7.00 per gallon REBATE offer on antifreeze... Holy cow this stuff has gone up since the last time I bought any. The REBATE is also good for $5.00 off the 50/50 premix if you prefer that. Limit two per household so its almost like a bogo offer if you buy two. You pick the retailer.

searched for this offer and didnt find it.

****** Update *****
This offer is good until Jan/2011. I sent my 2 rebate forms in one envelope with 2 silver bottle seals, 1 original receipt, and 1 photocopy receipt. I mailed my offers in on SEPT 3. and received both rebate checks September 27th.... Faster than a Microsoft rebate....

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
That sucks. I was just going to do it but I rather buy from WalMart, where the price is just $13(Final Price $6) as oppo... (more)

ComeOnNow (Nov. 28, 2010 @ 4:21p) |

Please consult to this article on what type of antifreeze you should buy. It does make a difference if you are driving a... (more)

DeFiantROA (Dec. 08, 2010 @ 2:03p) |

My Accord manual (2008, 4-cyl) specifies use of only "Honda Long-life Anti-freeze/Coolant Type 2" coolant, and since I n... (more)

sleepfaster (Dec. 08, 2010 @ 3:13p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
  • Also categorized in:

Thanks !!

Wow, it has gone up!

Thanks...

the regular is $10.50 at WalMart and the dex is $12. It is $15.99 at autozone. Hope this helps. good find op.

Will WalMart work, rebates sometimes don't honor if bought at WalMart.

2cheap2eat said: Will WalMart work, rebates sometimes don't honor if bought at WalMart.

You have been here since 2000 and still don't know how to click on the OP's included link to look at the rebate form for yourself before asking that question?

I have Honda Accord. Honda is very picky on Fluids. Will this work?

I was just looking for some fresh dexcool for my Chevrolet. Thanks OP, printed off the form and am heading to WalMart!

The dex 100% is 15.99 at Advance Auto Parts. Buy 2 gallons online for instore pickup using $10/30 coupon then submit rebate.

sardarji said: I have Honda Accord. Honda is very picky on Fluids. Will this work?

My civic manual recommends dex-cool

scottvm said: The dex 100% is 15.99 at Advance Auto Parts. Buy 2 gallons online for instore pickup using $10/30 coupon then submit rebate.

Do you have a link to the coupon? Will it invalidate the rebate?

SlamminMOFO said: scottvm said: The dex 100% is 15.99 at Advance Auto Parts. Buy 2 gallons online for instore pickup using $10/30 coupon then submit rebate.

Coupons appear in this thread. The code referred to in the above post is ES123.

I don't see any fine print on the form suggesting that the coupon will invalidate the rebate.

Total for two bottles of the DEX stuff is basically $22 plus tax before the rebate, or ~$4/bottle after the rebate.

ktg said: SlamminMOFO said: scottvm said: The dex 100% is 15.99 at Advance Auto Parts. Buy 2 gallons online for instore pickup using $10/30 coupon then submit rebate.

Coupons appear in this thread. The code referred to in the above post is ES123.

I don't see any fine print on the form suggesting that the coupon will invalidate the rebate.

Total for two bottles of the DEX stuff is basically $22 plus tax before the rebate, or ~$4/bottle after the rebate.

Cool... thanks!

jman1717 said: the regular is $10.50 at WalMart and the dex is $12. It is $15.99 at autozone. Hope this helps. good find op.
Prestone doesn't make regular anymore. The yellow jug 'all makes' is dex cool also.
Supposedly the best stuff to use to avoid problems, besides buying OEM coolant, is Zerex G05.

Slickone said: Prestone doesn't make regular anymore. The yellow jug 'all makes' is dex cool also.
Supposedly the best stuff to use to avoid problems, besides buying OEM coolant, is Zerex G05.
I believe Prestone makes both Dex-cool and Universal, the latter being much like G-05. Apparently you can use Prestone Universal when Dex-cool is called for, but not vice-versa.

By universal, if you mean this, it is dex cool, even though it doesn't say so on the bottle. Or 'dexclone' as some call it. Prestone doesn't make a G-05, AFAIK. Zerex does.
Here are all their coolants:
http://www.prestone.com/products/antifreeze_coolant/product_list

FYI, the Prestone Heavy Duty isn't regular green antifreeze either.

Thanks, ddub! In for 2, with ES123 and $14.00 rebate. Bargain. I'm old, and I remember when coolant was readily FAR!

In for two - bought other stuff for a $20 off $50 coupon.

Got FWCB too !

Slickone said: By universal, if you mean this, it is dex cool, even though it doesn't say so on the bottle. Or 'dexclone' as some call it. Prestone doesn't make a G-05, AFAIK. Zerex does.
Here are all their coolants:
http://www.prestone.com/products/antifreeze_coolant/product_list

FYI, the Prestone Heavy Duty isn't regular green antifreeze either.

If Prestone Universal is Dex-cool, why does Prestone also sell a product that they say is Dex-cool and that says so on the bottle?

larrymoencurly said:
If Prestone Universal is Dex-cool, why does Prestone also sell a product that they say is Dex-cool and that says so on the bottle?
To make more money. Why are regular Excedrin and Excedrin Migraine the exact same thing? Companies do this all the time.
Again, that is dex cool. I'm not going to reply anymore, but since you don't believe me, go here and search for Prestone All Makes.
ie. Text, Text

This company should shut down. They sent me a check for $2 something after they took off a coupon at AdvancedAutopart. Dont expect you get a full amount if you have any discount. GL.

Slickone said: larrymoencurly said: If Prestone Universal is Dex-cool, why does Prestone also sell a product that they say is Dex-cool and that says so on the bottle?
To make more money. Why are regular Excedrin and Excedrin Migraine the exact same thing? Companies do this all the time.
Again, that is dex cool. I'm not going to reply anymore, but since you don't believe me, go here and search for Prestone All Makes.
ie. Text, TextThe links don't provide any proof.

Exedrin is just hyped aspirin or acetaminophin, possibly with caffiene added; it's not a legitimate product that meets different standards, as antifreeze does. The closest major brand automotive product like Exedrin might be Quaker State 4x4 motor oil, which is marketed as being better for 4WD vehicles.

Wow. Links were examples. Go read the thousands of posts there by gurus at BITOG. They can prove it. You're implying that you know more about it than everyone else there though.

The rebate form says it's for one bottle and asks for the receipt with the price for one bottle circled.

Wondering what they'll do if it's one receipt for two bottles, so that I can use the ES123, 10 off 30 offer.

What is the price on this antifreeze? Apparently it's been a few years since I last purchased antifreeze because the last time I bought some paid less than $5/gallon and now the rebate is $7/per gallon.

fgld73 said: What is the price on this antifreeze?Is it that hard to read a 23 post thread?

Slickone said: Wow. Links were examples. Go read the thousands of posts there by gurus at BITOG. They can prove it. You're implying that you know more about it than everyone else there though.Links weren't authoritative examples from chemists or people in the antifreeze manufacturing business, nor were the exact compositions given (I've seen different antifreezes list the same ingredients on their bottles, without proportions, and old Prestone 4/60 contained same chemicals as their 5/100 Dex-cool equivalent when it was introduced). I never said I knew more than the people at BITOG, but I've seen many cases where the vast majority of posts said nothing, a recent example being those claiming that some Toyotas accelerated out of control because of electronic problems. OTOH if know of some authoritative posts claiming that Prestone Extended Life antifreeze is chemically identical to Dex-cool (except for color), give their exact URLs, something you haven't done yet.

Everyone should follow the recommendation in your owner's manuals. Prestone's "all makes" and "all models" formula should not be used in many cars. There are three main types of coolant and you should buy the appropriate one for your vehicle. Read here for more information.

peter4jc said: The rebate form says it's for one bottle and asks for the receipt with the price for one bottle circled.

Wondering what they'll do if it's one receipt for two bottles, so that I can use the ES123, 10 off 30 offer.

The rebate also says copies of receipts OK.. I bought two and sent them both in the same envelope with different forms, one original reciept and one copy.. we shall see

peter4jc said: The rebate form says it's for one bottle and asks for the receipt with the price for one bottle circled.

Called - was told to send in two separate rebate forms, each with a copy of receipt and the foil seal. Was told I could put in the same envelope though.

I bought Honda type 2 anti freeze for my Honda vehicles. I didn't want to take risk. Thanks anyway.

tbuccelli said: peter4jc said: The rebate form says it's for one bottle and asks for the receipt with the price for one bottle circled.

Called - was told to send in two separate rebate forms, each with a copy of receipt and the foil seal. Was told I could put in the same envelope though.

Thanks tbuccelli!

****** Update *****
This offer is good until Jan/2011. I sent my 2 rebate forms in one envelope with 2 silver bottle seals, 1 original receipt, and 1 photocopy receipt. I mailed my offers in on SEPT 3. and received both rebate checks September 27th.... Faster than a Microsoft rebate....

in for three of them

I mailed (2) envelopes.

(1) Rebate Forms, (1) Receipt Copy, (1) Foil in each.

But I did buy both on the same Receipt.

Sounds like I'll be ok.

updownstock said: This company should shut down. They sent me a check for $2 something after they took off a coupon at AdvancedAutopart. Dont expect you get a full amount if you have any discount. GL.

That sucks. I was just going to do it but I rather buy from WalMart, where the price is just $13(Final Price $6) as opposed to AA, where the Final price is ($11 - 2)$9.

Thanks for the info.

Please consult to this article on what type of antifreeze you should buy. It does make a difference if you are driving a foreign car, but your owners manual is you ultimate source information of what type you should use.

http://www.gates.com/brochure.cfm?brochure=2822&location_id=2877

sardarji said:   I have Honda Accord. Honda is very picky on Fluids. Will this work?

My Accord manual (2008, 4-cyl) specifies use of only "Honda Long-life Anti-freeze/Coolant Type 2" coolant, and since I need the car to keep working with a minimum of trouble, that's what I plan to use, especially since it doesn't need to be changed very often.

Good luck.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014